PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

You remember me ..?!! Jeessh I'm humbled..!! :)

My first goal on the PES 16 Demo.....

When the ball sits up like this..... Well..... You gotta have a dig, even from here....Ain't that right Zee..? Just another day at the office..!! :LOL:

How's things brother ? Great I hope ..?!

https://youtu.be/eOLQSoKxJ3E
Stunning strike! That ball said hit me all the way

Lifes good mate. Must hook up for a good old online joga bonito session soon

Stunning strike! That ball said hit me all the way

Lifes good mate. Must hook up for a good old online joga bonito session soon

It said just that Zee, and David was just the man for that invitation...

And definitely, I'm all up for that bud, soon as I get it tomorrow we can do what we do; give the fans a footballing feast fit for a king..!! ;)

After more games tonight, it's starting to disappoint a little. The stumbles when players get tackled, or if they don't stumble they just stop dead, really kills momentum and immersion. It also feels incredibly clunky at times with movement.

Then there's things like a ball rolling in the middle of the pitch but the CPU-controlled player backs away from the ball.

And lastly, the CPU striker gets clear through, I'm the last defender, and I wipe him out from behind. Completely malicious. And no red card. Not even a yellow. At least the ref gave a free kick though!

Totally agree about the stumbling. The way the game handles dispossession and transfers of possession is a bit weird and clunky.

I'm also finding myself increasingly let down by the defensive AI, both when it's me defending and also when in attack.

Ok, so what have I missed bar 173 pages ..?!

Loved the Demo, huge improvements to all the areas I'd expected, natural growth.
Love the new collision system, increased angles of body movement, varying first touch at it's best to date.

Really, really impressed, Konami have certainly got their shit together over these last two years. IMO humble opinion.

what, jimmy, your back@!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :BOP::BYE:

Great to see you man

Not really a fair response. "Why's that goalie sitting in an armchair?" "It's only a video game, mate." "Does that player have wings?" "Video game." "Is that a giant robot version of Sir Alex Ferguson terrorising Manchester in the background behind Old Trafford, chewing robo-gum and looking at his giant Apple watch?" "Video. Game."

FIFA has a system where the real-life transfer dates are recorded in the background so that no new signing moves away in the first season.

It's another one of those 100s of little things that could be done to make the game better, but Konami never do, and I can understand the frustration about those things. They've had years to catch up, whether the gameplay is better (and more important) or not. The gameplay is obviously more important, but that doesn't mean that's all they should work on.
I am so glad I play football videogames to escape the reality of the real world goings on in the sport which I obviously love.

Anyway. PS3 (for the time being) player here and have enjoyed the matches I have played thus far, which admittedly has only been a couple as although picking it up in G Force in Glasgow earlier was working until late. Vouple matches as Kashiwa Reysol vs. Newell's Old Boys. Night time games on PS3 still don't look great but daytime offers up a very fluid colourful experience. The jump to PS4 (once I invest in one again) will be good, but this'll do for the time being. Hopefully a PS3 OF does appear.

Guys please answer this. So if I have the US version but some of my mates get the EU version there is no way we can play an online game???

Anybody has any idea on how to cross the ball into space using manual passing?

I find that holding L1 when manual gives me a low trajectory cross , the placement of it is entirely up to where you point the stick. Manual crossing takes a lot of skill to pull off

Guys please answer this. So if I have the US version but some of my mates get the EU version there is no way we can play an online game???

Whatever humble information I know, I don't think so. You can only play people who bought from the same region.

Nooooooooooo

Sorry Zee. There's absolutely no way I was going to wait another week!

I like the gameplay of PES very much. I hope they will fix the foul issue.

BUT I am absolutely mad and angry regarding the current EDIT mode.
Konami did not ell the truth or was precise in their information.

Importing complete proper kits is really great and easy to handle.

BUT it is a bad joke how many or lets say less grpahics can be inserted:

I have manged to load following graphics into PES 2016:

Club Emblems = 35 (Bundesliga + Premier League + Sassuolo)
Competition Emblems = 33 (for all excluding Konami Cup and League
strips = 329 (All NT only 2 kits for North Korea, all of Premier League; all of Bundesliga & Sassuolo)

That's it. No more Space to import any other Pics - no matter what.

That means no more emblems for Championship, Liga NOS, Argentina League, Chile League, PAS, PLA, and other Teams.
And I have not uploaded any Manager pic. Right now I am not able, due to the extreme limitation of pics / graphics that can be inserted.

Even the PS3 system could handle way more files than the following generation. What kind of joke is this?

This goes out for Adam Bhatti: Thanks for not telling the truth, lure fans with making wrong hopes and lying in proevo.de Interview - "no worries - there will be enough space to edit anything you like" - your a**, enough space... What's wrong with this guy, using Twitter and interviews for spreading nonsense???

Shame on him and Konami for this ridiculous behaviour.

I will go and edit what I can and then I am done with those clowns.

Absolutely disspointing. :(

I don't get this. What about the 3000 manager faces?

Ok, so what have I missed bar 173 pages ..?!

Loved the Demo, huge improvements to all the areas I'd expected, natural growth.
Love the new collision system, increased angles of body movement, varying first touch at it's best to date.

Really, really impressed, Konami have certainly got their shit together over these last two years. IMO humble opinion.

Yo it's Jimmy Time!

Glad to know you're still around :)

Last edited:
Well Jimmy Zuko and Lami at least I can play agisnt u guys lag free!

Yeah mate sounds good, I'v already played against a few guys from the U.S. and both felt like I was playing a game offline no lag at all, but it's only 2 games in, will see what it's like after a dozen or so games, but so far so good

I like the gameplay of PES very much. I hope they will fix the foul issue.

BUT I am absolutely mad and angry regarding the current EDIT mode.
Konami did not ell the truth or was precise in their information.

Importing complete proper kits is really great and easy to handle.

BUT it is a bad joke how many or lets say less grpahics can be inserted:

I have manged to load following graphics into PES 2016:

Club Emblems = 35 (Bundesliga + Premier League + Sassuolo)
Competition Emblems = 33 (for all excluding Konami Cup and League
strips = 329 (All NT only 2 kits for North Korea, all of Premier League; all of Bundesliga & Sassuolo)

That's it. No more Space to import any other Pics - no matter what.

That means no more emblems for Championship, Liga NOS, Argentina League, Chile League, PAS, PLA, and other Teams.
And I have not uploaded any Manager pic. Right now I am not able, due to the extreme limitation of pics / graphics that can be inserted.

Even the PS3 system could handle way more files than the following generation. What kind of joke is this?

This goes out for Adam Bhatti: Thanks for not telling the truth, lure fans with making wrong hopes and lying in proevo.de Interview - "no worries - there will be enough space to edit anything you like" - your a**, enough space... What's wrong with this guy, using Twitter and interviews for spreading nonsense???

Shame on him and Konami for this ridiculous behaviour.

I will go and edit what I can and then I am done with those clowns.

Absolutely disspointing. :(

Just one question:
When you go to the Data Management menu>Import are you importing everything in the correct section? Kits in the Strips section. Logos in the Emblems section. Managers in the Managers section. Or you just go into the Kits menu and select import all images?

Found something in the game, that has turned me off, needs to be sorted with a patch cos modifying the tactics don't fix this issue, the problem is if you have pacey fullbacks or defenders, against average sides you can constantly run from one end to the pitch to the other with ease once you trigger the running lanes, it's even easier to do in the full game than the demo, this needs to be escalated. The team I did it with ease was with PSG, maxwell aurier silva and Luiz playing against lorient FC on superstar

Last edited:
Found something in the game, that has turned me off, needs to be sorted with a patch cos modifying the tactics don't fix this issue, the problem is if you have pacey fullbacks or defenders, against average sides you can constantly run from one end to the pitch to the other with ease once you trigger the running lanes, it's even easier to do in the full game than the demo, this needs to be escalated. The team I did it with ease was with PSG, maxwell aurier silva and Luiz playing against lorient FC on superstar

Dug abit deeper rectified the problem, it's a bit of a ball breaker but it works, if you ever have this problem against certain sides take note of those players that are on that side FB and SM,go into edit mode and modify those players to have the ability to track back and give them a tick to be a destroyer, and also bump there stats in ball winning minimum 75 as well as defensive awareness 75, those stats may be unrealistic to some players but if you want a bit of a challenge when ur controlling elite players, this does the trick, cos when I tried playing lorient again after modifying those stats, I get closed down in the midfield pretty quick when I was controlling maxwell or even silva, but konami should fix this in there next patch, also foul problem is solved if you add "the destroyer" ability to midfielders and defense, On my first game the AI slide tackled and fouled me 7 times, 2nd game 5 times.

Last edited:
Does anyone use broadcast camera? What are your thoughts on it? I really like it but just wish you could zoom out a tad. On fan view I'd like to be able to zoom in a bit as the view is useless on far side. Anyone know if you can do this on full game? Thanks

I don't get this. What about the 3000 manager faces?

You can import 336 strips (kits) OR 3350 Teamemblems OR 3350 Manager pics.
Each categorie, when maximized in uploads, will take all the space for images to be imported.

As you can read I could only import 35 emblems for teams, 33 competition emblems and 329 kits, than the capacity for importing images was full.

When I edited I started with BPL und BULI emblems, imported South America NT kits, then imported competition emblems, after that I imported North America kits and then after that I imported 147 manager pics - just started to insert some of them into american NT.
The next day I wanted to continue with african NT kits - when loading the kits into PES I recognized that the amount of free slots for kits was just 10 slots less than the day before.
I got curios, deleted all files and did some testings. I realized, that importing 336 kits is the maximim and allows to insert just 1 team emblem in addition, then all slots are full - even changing the size to 1024x1024 for a kit ends up in the same result: 336 kits and 1 team logo.

So in the end you can edit some things in PES 2016 by using proper images, but this is only a small

If you want to equip all teams with kits, emblems and managers, you would need about 35 competition emblems, 450 Manager pics, about 200 team emblems and about 800 kits. In total this would mean the slots / space for 900 kits - we have only a third of it...

Just one question:
When you go to the Data Management menu>Import are you importing everything in the correct section? Kits in the Strips section. Logos in the Emblems section. Managers in the Managers section. Or you just go into the Kits menu and select import all images?

Before importing the images, you have to choose the categorie - like konami showed on their screens (strips, team emblems, competition emblems or managers). So you select a category then select the USB drive and all images copied the the usb drive will be shown in the upcoming selection screen. If you copied emblems, strips and managers onto the usb drive all of them will be shown in alphabetical order.
It is possible to insert a image into wrong section: eg. a strip into emblems. But this will just wast space and the image can not be used properly.

I suggest to copy in a lot of small steps. It makes sense to copy just one category at each time and not all of those images for that category at once.

eg. I copied the strips as follows:

1.) south american NT
2.) north american NT
3.) african NT
4.) asian NT
5.) europe NT
7.) sassuolo
8.) premier league
9.) bundesliga

this will make it easier when using the images for the kits, because the slots are used in the order you import this way (kit 1-27 south american teams, 28-45 north american teams and so on).

If you will import all kits at once the will be copied in alphbetical order, that will make it more complicated to use them in editor.

Really dont see the point of managers faces. Waste of images.
I only want Prem and Championship plus the odd team that isnt right.

Does anyone use broadcast camera? What are your thoughts on it? I really like it but just wish you could zoom out a tad. On fan view I'd like to be able to zoom in a bit as the view is useless on far side. Anyone know if you can do this on full game? Thanks

I´d like that to know as well.

But I doubt that there is a difference in this regard between demo and full game :(

You can import 336 strips (kits) OR 3350 Teamemblems OR 3350 Manager pics.
Each categorie, when maximized in uploads, will take all the space for images to be imported.

As you can read I could only import 35 emblems for teams, 33 competition emblems and 329 kits, than the capacity for importing images was full.

When I edited I started with BPL und BULI emblems, imported South America NT kits, then imported competition emblems, after that I imported North America kits and then after that I imported 147 manager pics - just started to insert some of them into american NT.
The next day I wanted to continue with african NT kits - when loading the kits into PES I recognized that the amount of free slots for kits was just 10 slots less than the day before.
I got curios, deleted all files and did some testings. I realized, that importing 336 kits is the maximim and allows to insert just 1 team emblem in addition, then all slots are full - even changing the size to 1024x1024 for a kit ends up in the same result: 336 kits and 1 team logo.

So in the end you can edit some things in PES 2016 by using proper images, but this is only a small

If you want to equip all teams with kits, emblems and managers, you would need about 35 competition emblems, 450 Manager pics, about 200 team emblems and about 800 kits. In total this would mean the slots / space for 900 kits - we have only a third of it...

Before importing the images, you have to choose the categorie - like konami showed on their screens (strips, team emblems, competition emblems or managers). So you select a category then select the USB drive and all images copied the the usb drive will be shown in the upcoming selection screen. If you copied emblems, strips and managers onto the usb drive all of them will be shown in alphabetical order.
It is possible to insert a image into wrong section: eg. a strip into emblems. But this will just wast space and the image can not be used properly.

I suggest to copy in a lot of small steps. It makes sense to copy just one category at each time and not all of those images for that category at once.

eg. I copied the strips as follows:

1.) south american NT
2.) north american NT
3.) african NT
4.) asian NT
5.) europe NT
7.) sassuolo
8.) premier league
9.) bundesliga

this will make it easier when using the images for the kits, because the slots are used in the order you import this way (kit 1-27 south american teams, 28-45 north american teams and so on).

If you will import all kits at once the will be copied in alphbetical order, that will make it more complicated to use them in editor.
i did not follow you. you sorted out slots because of the wrong sequense of importing images or not? do i have the capability tou import 96 emblems and 288 kits ONLY ATLEAST?

The manager faces are not that important. The key thing is, that this only very limited space to edit with proper looking pics.
If you just want to edit existing european club teams, you will have enough space to do so even creating the bundeslia and equip them with kits will be possible, but then your will run out of space.

So you have to think about frist what to edit in which way and select the teams accordingly. If this would have been known from the beginning, it would not have a big deal.

The statements given by official employee of Konami at several different sources told something defferent upfront.
A lot of users trusted those words, just to find out in the end that once again the promises have not been kept.++As I mentioned, I know what I can and will edit, so it suits for me.
But over all I am dissapointed about the current situation.

Maybe there will be a game Update allowing to import more things, but I highly doubt that will ever happen.

i did not follow you. you sorted out slots because of the wrong sequense of importing images or not? do i have the capability tou import 96 emblems and 288 kits ONLY ATLEAST?

No, I have not imported images into wrong sections. BUT it is possible to do so AND this would waste slots as the graphics would be useless ingame.

If you just want to import 288 kits and 96 emblems you are fine, there will be enough space for it. In the end you will have aprox. 30(+) free slots for kits remaining ;)

Here is just a rough calculation for the space you have to insert images:

PES 2016 contains 336 slots for kits
10 manager pics or 10 of any emblems will take the same space as 1 kit
(This explains the amount of 3358 manager pics and team emblems that Konami mentioned on their website about edit mode)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom