PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

You think I can edit the Jerseys atleast already?

What if I put an already existing fake League into the ML and wait till the Data Pack, and then I edit it into the Bundesliga... will I have the Bundesliga in the ML or will I have to start a new one?

This is so confusing :CONF:

Update won't affect emblems jerseys or team names, but will affect rival clubs, player names,editing or league swaps

My biggest ML complaints are stadiums obviously (not enough of them) and teams like sunderland and St Ettiene offering crazy money for my players (herrera, de gea, mata)
It's obviously something that's happened in Pro Evo for ages now, but when I think of teams being bought out in real life, I just imagine Sunderland, St Ettiene or whoever in-game has been pumped full of funds by the next Roman Abramovich or Al-Moneybaghar. Would be nice to see stuff like this happen next year, random club takeovers with actual news stories covering it. Plus AI-controlled managers moving clubs, having their own attributes for stuff like preferred formations, defensive & offensive styles etc.

To add, I follow real life footy less and less in recent years so I guess that contributes to my slack feelings about things needing to be realistic.

Does someone know if, for example, u correct Modrics fake name when in the Croatia squad it still will be the fake name when playing online? The same goes for all edited haircuts, boots etc right? Only edited Team names, emblems and kits is shown online like last year?

buy this on PS4

cant get into it

* game is lighting quick

* I score goals easy doesnt matter how player is position feels very arcade

* midfield play is slugish players get stuck in anmimation

* comentrary is best in pes ever yet

* player model also best in pes yet

* master league is stupid really unrealistic transfers

* no fouls played lots match never freekick!!!

* will probably take weeks to edit this game and have it feel right a big job we cant use option file tho

will keep playing hate fifa but this is so fast dont know why konami have turned this into arcade

Konami tweeted today transfers will be "hopefully" next week....wtf!!

Game will be great but stupid things like this will annoy fans and new FIFA players alike

cVhzev4.jpg

Online takes priority. PES2015 had a data pack on day one, this is a slight pain in the fudgetunnel. I'll do more editing in the meantime, so not all bad.

So... I cant start with making the Bundesliga, couse after the Data Pack, it will be deleted?
Did I understand that correctly? This would be such BS

Ok, cool.

All the Premier league and bundersliga kits from me will be available tomorrow morning. I must check a few of them ingame first before i upload them.

I'll release the Americas national teams again but most of them are already out in that Argentina guys pack

Great News, I like the kits you did :)

Could you rework the dark blue kits and brighten them up a little bit.
PES seems to darken them when importing. The Columbia away appears black ingame. Even the argentina away looks like a dark grey/blue.
I got the same issue with the Ecuador away kit by another kitmaker - the kit appears nearly black in game, though it's dark blue. :(

@we7god

You did the Bundesliga too?
So, you just take a fake but already existing League and turn that into a BL, right?
Then you edit every damn player into a BL player? Jesus, that will take some time :D

I use the PEU League. right now I have just started to rename the teams, inserting correct logos and kits.
I did a handfull of transfers and set some rivalies, just to see if the update really messes up again with these things.
I will start creating / overwriting the players and doing the transfers, once konami released the dlc.

Until than I will correct team names and fake player names of some national teams and aswell insert more kits ;)

I dunno, given the grand scheme of life, a transfer update for a for a football videogame I can still play being out after the product sometime ain't that big a deal to me.

buy this on PS4

cant get into it

* game is lighting quick

* I score goals easy doesnt matter how player is position feels very arcade

will keep playing hate fifa but this is so fast dont know why konami have turned this into arcade

In response to these points:-

1) lower the gamespeed to -1 or -2 if you feel it's too quick on 0 setting.
2) try playing manual instead of assisted passing.

In response to these points:-

1) lower the gamespeed to -1 or -2 if you feel it's too quick on 0 setting.
2) try playing manual instead of assisted passing.

1 what is the point when online we have to play on deflt speed which is very fast

2 i do play on manual goals still to easy I shoot from outside box ball flies in 9 out 10 times

game is arcade now. Hating it more with each play

so much wrong with it Konami lied to us!!!!

So... I cant start with making the Bundesliga, couse after the Data Pack, it will be deleted?
Did I understand that correctly? This would be such BS

You can do kits but dont create players yet.

Its a joke that player rostas are still out. These are the things that really let Konami down.
They all want us to give them a chance but they really are amateur.

You can do kits but dont create players yet.

Its a joke that player rostas are still out. These are the things that really let Konami down.
They all want us to give them a chance but they really are amateur.

Still, I would never play FIFA. I tried it, but it feels so wrong when playing.

Thx for the help buddy, but let me ask one last question, just to clarify.

Let say I edit all the stuff except players, aight? I now start a new ML
with the Bundesliga in there (except the players) So after the DLC I want to finish it and I start editing every player. Will those player be then in the ML aswell in the Bundesliga or will I have to start a new ML?

Couse if I have to start a new one... omg I will have to wait so long to start playing the ML -.-

This is the stuff I'm really looking forward to trying out. I love FIFA's gameplay this year but hope I can learn to love PES's too, because FIFA's career mode improvements - training mini-games which are pretty repetitive and pre-season tournaments that are ultimately pointless - pale in comparison.

Does the Team Spirit feel realistic in terms of the boost / penalties it gives to you?

Hey, I've been lurking a lot, but I thought I would chime in on Master League. I'm doing a test ML right now with Barca (Won't start my proper one with Arsenal until the squad update) and I'm seeing some nice things I thought I'd share for people waiting for the update until they try ML.

First of all, finally I'm seeing realistic results!! I've played and simmed half a season with 15 minute matches and they've fixed the awful absurd high scoring games from last year! I'm seeing plenty of 0-0 draws, 1-0 wins and realistic high scoring results like the odd 5-1, 4-2. And I'm seeing this across every league.

The results and player stats also mimic real life quite well; Madrid and Barca are top of La Liga with barely 2 points difference between them. Ronaldo and Messi are the top scorers with 17 Liga goals each at the half way point of the season, with Messi having the most assists in the league. Chelsea and Man City are dominating the EPL with Arsenal... in 4th;) And Diego Costa is the top scorer with 16 goals.
And these more realistic stats and results are being seen across all the leagues with nothing really standing out as fantasy (yet)

As for Team Spirit: from what I can tell, it's not a moral mechanic, it's all to do with the tactics you use and how well the players fit those tactics.
For instance, I had a team spirit of 95 with short pass/possession tactic, I then changed it to Long Ball and the spirit dropped to 84, I then changed to Counter attack/Long ball and it dropped to 75! I changed from Frontline pressure to All out defence, and again, the spirit dropped significantly. And of course the spirit changes dramatically based on the lineup.

So basically, playing direct, counter attack football with Barca is a no go; they don't have the players to pull it off. But play them with short pass and possession and the best 11 that suits that style of play and the team spirit goes through the roof.

Team spirit also affects derby/rival matches a lot. When picking the team for these matches, some players will have flashing condition symbols indicating that they are the best players to pick. Don't put them in the starting 11 and team spirit drops a lot. The AI also does the same for the big matches; they pick the best team that suits their tactics and players that will be on form for the big games. I can only hope and pray the AI has the same mind when using the transfer market, as that would obviously add a lot of depth to the way AI teams build their squads.
Player roles also affect Team Spirit, but I need to play around with that more.

The monthly squad reports are also great! they give you plenty of stats on the way you've played that month. Just for instance I discovered I NEVER cross the ball and spend 38% of the match on the right side with Messi and Alves. The reports will really help you understand how you play, why you play that way, and how successful that style of play has been for the players you use.

More tidbits:

Players now age up in January instead of at the start of a new season.
I'm not seeing many injuries at all, sadly. But this is down to the lack of fouls more than anything.
Teams make transfer bids for your players all season, not just during the transfer window.
The commentary was talking about how successful my first season in charge at the half way point has been. It's nowhere near the level of detail that's in Fifa's CM, but it's a step in the right direction.
Sadly no transfer deadline countdown like in Fifa. I always enjoy that but oh well.

Anyway, as you can tell from my long post, I care a lot about Master League and I think Konami have finally given it some love. It's not the broken mess it was last year and the new features and slicker menus make it as addictive as ever.

Still, I would never play FIFA. I tried it, but it feels so wrong when playing.

Thx for the help buddy, but let me ask one last question, just to clarify.

Let say I edit all the stuff except players, aight? I now start a new ML

with the Bundesliga in there (except the players) So after the DLC I want to finish it and I start editing every player. Will those player be then in the ML aswell in the Bundesliga or will I have to start a new ML?

Couse if I have to start a new one... omg I will have to wait so long to start playing the ML -.-

kits won't be affected.

However if you start master league before data pack and for example Milner is still at City then he will still be at city after data pack is installed in the master league.

I don't want to sound like a broken record but again on the fouls - I think it should be quite easy to patch them in. The refs seem lenient, so just make them call more fouls, I have seen enough clear fouls go unnoticed. How hard can it be?

Just after I wrote my last post I was finishing a match, cleared the ball in overtime as I was winning, and got hacked down. Even a yellow card :O

kits won't be affected.

However if you start master league before data pack and for example Milner is still at City then he will still be at city after data pack is installed in the master league.

Yeah, so If I make Dortmund of the XYZ-Fake team and put Hummels there, he wont be overwriten in the ML? That sounds good.

I dont care about the transfers, couse after 1 Season everything will be fuked up by the ingame Transfers :D

One thing that annoys about the official comps is that the game just sets up random groups. I can change them manually but that takes ages. There should be a button that sets the groups up like they are IRL, and if Konami don't have a licence for a team, then just replace it.

When the Euro 2016 gets implemented, I think it absolutely needs such a button. I want to play the groups as they are in the competition, not set up random groups. I need to get through to Adam with this.

Also noticing by just enabling the ability "track back" on players , you don't see them sitting there watching the ball, the CPU AI will pressure and hassle you when on the ball but no slide tackle, I noticed AI slide tackles aggresivley when the enforcer is enabled, it's great stuff but a lot of bloody work, konami should have this attribute enabled for all players on superstar,also if anyone else has tried it be good to hear your experience on this.

Last edited:
The AI seems a lot less predictable when attacking. Lot's of random stuff happening on the pitch. I like the new commentary, at least the new half of it. Seems quite sparse, though.

Back
Top Bottom