PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

I find that holding L1 when manual gives me a low trajectory cross , the placement of it is entirely up to where you point the stick. Manual crossing takes a lot of skill to pull off

Thanks for this.
I am still having trouble though (more of my fault I believe). It's either I overshot it, or I crossed it couple of inches behind my target man which is not ideal at all.

What a game!!!!:OOOH: Amazing!:SNACK:

super fluid aniamtions

better ball physics than demo

slower pace than demo

keepers animations looks ice

shooting ++++

passing ++++++

physisc!! collision system. In one year KONAMI created better collisions than Fifa since 2012 :SNACK:

dynamic camera looks superb

The best Pes the best football game ever!!!:OOOH:

For all guys that want to see a lot of fouls, go into edit mode, enable Track back and The enforcer in the abilities section for the oppositions midfield and SB, when playing against the AI and these areas are enabled you'll get more fouls than what u wished for but its fkn awesome. Lot of mucking around but definitely worth it, takes the intensity to another level.

No, I have not imported images into wrong sections. BUT it is possible to do so AND this would waste slots as the graphics would be useless ingame.

If you just want to import 288 kits and 96 emblems you are fine, there will be enough space for it. In the end you will have aprox. 30(+) free slots for kits remaining ;)

Here is just a rough calculation for the space you have to insert images:

PES 2016 contains 336 slots for kits
10 manager pics or 10 of any emblems will take the same space as 1 kit
(This explains the amount of 3358 manager pics and team emblems that Konami mentioned on their website about edit mode)

I distinctly remember an interview with Bhatti in which he said "don't worry, you will have enough space for everything". Lying bastard. When I quizzed him on this on Twitter he banned me. Such a douche

Does anyone here understand the logic behind restricting the slots provided???

Only thing I can think of is because they already know how many licensed teams they are going to be adding, so for example, I hope they will add all of the Argentina Primera teams over the coming weeks/months, so that will be at least 48 less kits to add in (16 teams, 3 kits per team minimum).

If you understand what I mean :)

perhaps with this rumoured Euro 2016 DLC as well?

I agree its odd that the slots are limited :(

Only thing I can think of is because they already know how many licensed teams they are going to be adding, so for example, I hope they will add all of the Argentina Primera teams over the coming weeks/months, so that will be at least 48 less kits to add in (16 teams, 3 kits per team minimum).

If you understand what I mean :)

perhaps with this rumoured Euro 2016 DLC as well?

I agree its odd that the slots are limited :(

It would be good to get a definitive answer. I twitted @officialpes many times but no reply

I buckled and ordered this Morning via The Game Collection. £34.95 and will (should) be with me tomorrow.

(run and ducks for cover!!)

Hmm.

What changed your mind then?

I played a few games last night on Superstar and the game felt better balanced.
I also used broadcast camera which I really liked - apart from when the camera flicks close and then far out as I'm about to shoot!!
I think I'm just bored of demo teams. I'll import the images and do prem and
Championship.
Gonna do what I said I wouldn't and get both!

For all guys that want to see a lot of fouls, go into edit mode, enable Track back and The enforcer in the abilities section for the oppositions midfield and SB, when playing against the AI and these areas are enabled you'll get more fouls than what u wished for but its fkn awesome. Lot of mucking around but definitely worth it, takes the intensity to another level.

Is this a team setting or a abilty of each player (that would be a lot of work)?

I also used broadcast camera which I really liked - apart from when the camera flicks close and then far out as I'm about to shoot!!
Championship.

I think most of us knew you would...

Hey jimi,
do you do this in the opposition section (using a 2nd controller) at set up screen, or do you do this in the edit section, so you don't have to do this constantly??

btw, I finally got a chance to play the US version this morning.. only about 3 games.. but WOW. This is better than the demo in a few ways:

1. Speed is toned down. 0 speed is perfect for me. Ball speed compared to player action speeds are perfect.
Note: something ive noticed is that camera angle effects game speed. My fav angle, ie. Custom:0 zoom, 7-10 height, 10 angle is much slower than my fav dynamic view: Dynamic with 0 zoom, 10 height. SO BASICALLY, THE DYNAMIC VIEWS HAVE FASTER GAMEPLAY THAN THE CUSTOM VIEWS. I don't mind either, but I reckon dynamic -1 = custom 0... or there abouts

2. Ball physics have improved.

3. This is an improvement from previous versions: the fake konami stadiums are amazing.. the grass looks fantastic, and the game just looks so much more colourful enjoyable to look at than previous pes's. I love the variety of fake stadiums.. I know we could have more, but hey, these really look good.

4. Sound makes this game.. lower the sounds of everything by about half, except the pitch sounds (ie. ball sounds) and I tell you, it adds to the weightiness (if that's a word) of the game...
Commentary, although not perfect by any means, is still a welcome change. Love the enthusiasm ... particularly after long range efforts. Awesome...

What id include on the new patch:
1. Shooting is still OP in my opinion, needs to be more error prone, stat based, and situation based.. need to see more balls go way over the bar.
2. Fouls similar to demo. Again this is only noticeable v cpu. 1v1 doesn't have any issues.

..hope I get some time to do some edits tonight...

Is the transfer patch available now?
Couse I would love to start the editing today and start the master league.

Practice makes perfect mate

Yeah I know. It's difficult alright but that's awesome.

I distinctly remember an interview with Bhatti in which he said "don't worry, you will have enough space for everything". Lying bastard. When I quizzed him on this on Twitter he banned me. Such a douche

Glen's saying that if we don't edit third kit, it should be fine to save some spaces.

Yeah I know. It's difficult alright but that's awesome.

Glen's saying that if we don't edit third kit, it should be fine to save some spaces.

It's far away from fine - even when not using 3rd kits.

The maximum of kits is 336 which would be enough for 112 teams, but then you cannot import any emblem or any other image additionally.

If you just want to edit only the existing league in Eruope properly, it is enough space. But if you want to do national teams or Chile and Argentina league aswell, it is just too little of space.

I overspent in my ML siging Kane for 22,000,000 and Cavani for 30,000,000 and ended up in debt, Peter Drewrey said "Man Utd officially stated they are in debt" and went on to discuss how it would effect the players and the start of the next game. Was wonderful

ML is deep and enjoyable this year, monthly reports are fantastic and so is balancing team chemistry.

had a derby with Liverpool one of the coaches told me that a player was really up for it and in the formation screen Cavani's arrow was glowing red.

Also coach told me to play Kane and Cavani together as Kane will learn from Cavani. Nice hey!

I overspent in my ML siging Kane for 22,000,000 and Cavani for 30,000,000 and ended up in debt, Peter Drewrey said "Man Utd officially stated they ar in debt" and went on to discuss how it would effect the players and the start of the next game. Was wonderful

ML is deep and enjoyable this year, monthly reports are fantastic and so is balancing team chemistry.

had a derby with Liverpool one of the coaches told me that a player was really up for it and in the formation screen Cavani's arrow was glowing red.

Also coach told me to play Kane and Cavani together as Kane will learn from Cavani. Nice hey!
This is the stuff I'm really looking forward to trying out. I love FIFA's gameplay this year but hope I can learn to love PES's too, because FIFA's career mode improvements - training mini-games which are pretty repetitive and pre-season tournaments that are ultimately pointless - pale in comparison.

Does the Team Spirit feel realistic in terms of the boost / penalties it gives to you?

Championship.

Ok, cool.

All the Premier league and bundersliga kits from me will be available tomorrow morning. I must check a few of them ingame first before i upload them.

I'll release the Americas national teams again but most of them are already out in that Argentina guys pack

@we7god

You did the Bundesliga too?
So, you just take a fake but already existing League and turn that into a BL, right?
Then you edit every damn player into a BL player? Jesus, that will take some time :D

Hey jimi,
do you do this in the opposition section (using a 2nd controller) at set up screen, or do you do this in the edit section, so you don't have to do this constantly??

btw, I finally got a chance to play the US version this morning.. only about 3 games.. but WOW. This is better than the demo in a few ways:

1. Speed is toned down. 0 speed is perfect for me. Ball speed compared to player action speeds are perfect.
Note: something ive noticed is that camera angle effects game speed. My fav angle, ie. Custom:0 zoom, 7-10 height, 10 angle is much slower than my fav dynamic view: Dynamic with 0 zoom, 10 height. SO BASICALLY, THE DYNAMIC VIEWS HAVE FASTER GAMEPLAY THAN THE CUSTOM VIEWS. I don't mind either, but I reckon dynamic -1 = custom 0... or there abouts

2. Ball physics have improved.

3. This is an improvement from previous versions: the fake konami stadiums are amazing.. the grass looks fantastic, and the game just looks so much more colourful enjoyable to look at than previous pes's. I love the variety of fake stadiums.. I know we could have more, but hey, these really look good.

4. Sound makes this game.. lower the sounds of everything by about half, except the pitch sounds (ie. ball sounds) and I tell you, it adds to the weightiness (if that's a word) of the game...
Commentary, although not perfect by any means, is still a welcome change. Love the enthusiasm ... particularly after long range efforts. Awesome...

What id include on the new patch:
1. Shooting is still OP in my opinion, needs to be more error prone, stat based, and situation based.. need to see more balls go way over the bar.
2. Fouls similar to demo. Again this is only noticeable v cpu. 1v1 doesn't have any issues.

..hope I get some time to do some edits tonight...

Unfortunately you have to modify each player, but what you do is experiment by doing one team and you'll notice a massive difference in tackles and aggression.

This is the stuff I'm really looking forward to trying out. I love FIFA's gameplay this year but hope I can learn to love PES's too, because FIFA's career mode improvements - training mini-games which are pretty repetitive and pre-season tournaments that are ultimately pointless - pale in comparison.

Does the Team Spirit feel realistic in terms of the boost / penalties it gives to you?

Yes, before i signed Kane and Cavani, I played Rooney alone up top and the chemistry was at 90, when I put Cavani in it dropped to an 87.

It dropped more when Darmian got suspended and when I went on a bad run (3 defeats in 4).

I've only just started November in the 1st season, but it's improving every match, I was winning comfortably in the beggining but as Autumn hit I started dwindling, dynamic weather kicked in, raining on and off in games made it harder, was storming from the start away at Chelsea got thrashed 3-1

weather was fine at liverpool away, i went 1-0 down and then a cloud burst, i felt like i had to dig in now and grind a draw in british weather (just felt like a premiership game).

Rested De gea for the cup game away at Wolves, Romero was a shambles, had no control in the box and defending felt more difficult, like i couldn't rely on him and i conceded sloppy goals.

the most important factor, i can give is that i never felt cheated once, when i lost i deserved it. when i played well i won.

Last edited:
Don't touch players until first data pack or you will lose them all

You think I can edit the Jerseys atleast already?

What if I put an already existing fake League into the ML and wait till the Data Pack, and then I edit it into the Bundesliga... will I have the Bundesliga in the ML or will I have to start a new one?

This is so confusing :CONF:

Back
Top Bottom