PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Some more European leagues would be nice. The Portuguese league would be the obvious one seeing as three Portuguese stadia are in the game. Russia and Turkey would be nice too, as they are leagues on the up.

Probably wont happy though.

You took the words out of my mouth Jamez.

I was thinking some new leagues as well. Portuguese, Russian, Scottish and Turkish. Who knows maybe even the J-League and some others.

Or maybe even a fully licensed African Cup of Nations 2012 and Copa America!

I hope they allow the Copa Lib teams to be played outside of the actual competition.

Argentinian and Belgian league...
Portugese would be good too.
But any league is good.

I have a feeling there will be second divisions or the Bundesliga might be back in...

Over at WENB someone mentioned the new license could be UEFA Euro 2012 included in PES 2012.

I think this could be a real possibility! Konami are now fully in bed with UEFA with all the champions league, europa league, super cup etc.. The UEFA Euro 2012 official game could top it all off!

EA have traditionally had a monopoly over tournaments but UEFA seem to be having a rather intense and lusty affair with Konami so it could happen :)

Over at WENB someone mentioned the new license could be UEFA Euro 2012 included in PES 2012.

I think this could be a real possibility! Konami are now fully in bed with UEFA with all the champions league, europa league, super cup etc.. The UEFA Euro 2012 official game could top it all off!

EA have traditionally had a monopoly over tournaments but UEFA seem to be having a rather intense and lusty affair with Konami so it could happen :)

Just posted something similar to that there :P I think there's a real possibility of it yeah, but not really part of PES 2012.

A load of new stadia perhaps?

The game has been severely lacking in this department since PES5. I'd love to see the likes of the Mestalla, Stade Velodrome, Parc des Princes & Westerfalen make a return.

What about some new ones like the Allianz Arena and the new Juventus Arena?

Perhaps the stadium editor has been given a massive rework?

Edit - Lons beat me to it.

A load of new stadia perhaps?

The game has been severely lacking in this department since PES5. I'd love to see the likes of the Mestalla, Stade Velodrome, Parc des Princes & Westerfalen make a return.

What about some new ones like the Allianz Arena and the new Juventus Arena?

Perhaps the stadium editor has been given a massive rework?

Edit - Lons beat me to it.

Some time ago journalist asked MESSI about PES 2012. What he wants. He answer more stadia.

Well one part of the announcement is probably Football Life (captain obvious). Probably something about online since that's what most people like these days. Maybe real league structures in the possibly new ML mode. I wouldn't be surprised if they copied the whole Be a Pro thing from FIFA where you have your own player and can play in Clubs, sounds about time they do it now.

Not sure why people would be blown away by a couple of new leagues and stadia, but I guess some people really wants it. Or maybe it's about editing since a lot of PES players love that.

Ok, the UEFA license thing!

Got me thinking if UEFA and Konami decide to get married! I have a feeling that UEFA will take over the franchise. and there will be no PES 2013 or PES in the title anymore, instead it will be UEFA Football 2013 or something along those lines with UEFA as the title.

Yes, my mind i wondering but what if UEFA decided to head Konami's football franchise? would you think it's a good idea. I mean I'd assume Konami and seabass will still have complete full control over whatever they want to do, then again with UEFA's full backing would me more licensing. it would be more commercial! UEFA could even fun for better technology back in Konami and to expand their work office. BUT! would that put more pressure on Konami to make the game more accessible?

I dunno, again my mind is going super nova, but i think it will be a good thing. NBA2K11 is a simulation as you get and it's a very heavily commercial game, with sliders for players to modify the game to how they choose. Although it dosen't quite have the gigantic editing community PES does.

For people who think dropping the title would mean Konami''s franchise would lose it soul? probably not. I'll still call it ISS :) I'm old school

don't believe to hype, ok
i said it too
but pes 2011 is NOT a crappy game, it's a good game

It's currently the best football game ever made. It's not flawless, but its better than anything else out there, and yes, there are enough updates in it that walk all over PES 5, especially if you know how to set up your team tactically, you can play the game anyway you want. I understand legitimate issues and complaints, but too many people are desiring a perfect football game with absolutely no flaws whatsoever, and that's not going to happen. Even PES 5 had its flaws if you looked closely enough.

It's currently the best football game ever made. It's not flawless, but its better than anything else out there, and yes, there are enough updates in it that walk all over PES 5, especially if you know how to set up your team tactically, you can play the game anyway you want. I understand legitimate issues and complaints, but too many people are desiring a perfect football game with absolutely no flaws whatsoever, and that's not going to happen. Even PES 5 had its flaws if you looked closely enough.
+1

PES 11 is the best footy game out atm

Got me thinking if UEFA and Konami decide to get married! I have a feeling that UEFA will take over the franchise. and there will be no PES 2013 or PES in the title anymore, instead it will be UEFA Football 2013 or something along those lines with UEFA as the title.

Yes, my mind i wondering but what if UEFA decided to head Konami's football franchise? would you think it's a good idea. I mean I'd assume Konami and seabass will still have complete full control over whatever they want to do, then again with UEFA's full backing would me more licensing. it would be more commercial! UEFA could even fun for better technology back in Konami and to expand their work office. BUT! would that put more pressure on Konami to make the game more accessible?

I dunno, again my mind is going super nova, but i think it will be a good thing. NBA2K11 is a simulation as you get and it's a very heavily commercial game, with sliders for players to modify the game to how they choose. Although it dosen't quite have the gigantic editing community PES does.

For people who think dropping the title would mean Konami''s franchise would lose it soul? probably not. I'll still call it ISS :) I'm old school

You're thinking too much Kobayklashi.

The relationship with UEFA is great for PES and could lead to many developments in future, but PES will never become an official UEFA football game.

UEFA are, after all, the European governing body and PES is a world football game. It would actually be counter-productive to get involved too deeply with them as it may work against Konami's licencing agreements outside Europe.

You're thinking too much Kobayklashi.

The relationship with UEFA is great for PES and could lead to many developments in future, but PES will never become an official UEFA football game.

UEFA are, after all, the European governing body and PES is a world football game. It would actually be counter-productive to get involved too deeply with them as it may work against Konami's licencing agreements outside Europe.

Yeah it's the 'V' energy drink taking in me :LOL: Too much sugar.

True it could fuck up the relationships with the Copa Libertadores teams etc.. Still it was worth putting out there, stranger things have happened

Yes, I'd say its very much the best football game you can get at teh moment. Not the 'greatest' in legacy terms but the best quality football game out there atm. Certian element like the tactics, dribbling, individuality and some other balancing elements absolutely destroy every other football game so badly. I have trouble taking most other football games seriously. Even The greatest in PES 5.

I love WE9, but still at times i scream while playing THIS IS SO FUCKING RIGID! And i really miss the sensitive dribbling and first touch etc..

BTW do CPU teams still waste time by running to the corner flag in the last minute like in PES 2010? Haven't seen this i think in PES 2011. I think if i took off the tactics in team management they might do it in a close game.

It would be awesome if we could play Uefa Champions league or Libetadores and, if we win, we play Copa Toyota in Japan. The we would be be able to play a match bewteen a south america team vs eroupean team.

I'd also like to play Eliminatórias in Soith America (the roud to world cup) and then classify to world cup. It doesn't need to be the official world cup license as it belongs to EA, but it should be with the same rules (32 teams, 8 groups etc).

One of my unforgivable moments in football games was when i used to pla with Japan to be classifyed to world cup in Winning Eleven 9.

UEFA Champions League mode is probably fully licensed this year. I mean if UEFA endorse the game with all menus being UEFA:ish (I think I read this) it would be silly if it wasn't fully licensed.

don't wanna rain on your parade but that ain't gonna happen any time soon. that is if it ever happens.

It would mean more money for Konami. And obviously if the game is so good as it's sounding this year already, more proper "internationalization" of the PES team itself, a new life to the series in terms of sales, and recognition maybe.

True, but the animation side of it is probably the hardest aspect to achieve whilst ensuring it adheres to the fundamental technical variables on show. The plethora of twists and turns of the body combined with the varying first-touch requirements means the animation set for each relevant scenario is extremely vast. That's why, for the most part, I'm just happy to have the technical theories in place, even if the animations struggle to match them. The theories of technique are spot on in PES, it's the exection of the visuals that can let it down. I can forgive the animations though, because the theories are so incredibly sound.

It's not one animation fits all like Fifa, that's why it's so much harder to achieve, and that's before we start talking about the gulf in available technologies between the two developers.

Edit - On a different note, I like to read the Fifa thread because I like to hear EA's ideas. They, more often than not, dont execute their idea's as well as they should, but they still come up with some decent stuff. It then got me thinking about this Flair Passing, and the fact, to an extent, it is already apparent in PES 2011. It's very subtle in PES 2011, as it should be, and stat-relevant. But it is there. I've seen some lovely first-time heel flicked volley passes, and also the drag-back heel pass. Both of these are prevelant when passing with players with a high Technique stat. I'd like Konami to produce more animations for this type of pass, but also keep it automatic like it is at present. I love the way these happen during random moments, it's classic PES, those moments where it happens and you have to replay the move to see exactly what just transpired as your mouth is still picking itself up off the floor. Class.

Feckin hell I am convinced we share a brain mate. Also agree 100% on your views as far as the "experts" are concerned. My greatest fear is that Konami heeds their advice and change a good thing like the tackling from the Beta and Demo for 2011. Luckily King Seabass seems to stay true to his philosophy.

I'm going to make a prediction:

The Allianz Arena will be in PES2012.

It's hosting the 2012 Champions League final. You can't have the official Champions League licence and not have the venue of the final. So far the host stadia have been in the game since PES has had the CL licence (Stadio Olimpico, Bernabeu, Wembley), this year it's the Allianz.

Lami I am guessing you are going to be sent a copy of the playtest code then? If you are going to a specific venue I think you need to wear the evo web uniform mate

evowebtshirt.png

I'm also trying my luck to get a playtest here in Portugal in order to do a report for my blog. The company that represents Konami here isn't too far from where I live. Hope they give me the chance :D

Back
Top Bottom