PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

This is E3 code and the people at the event said the build was extremely unstable. The penalties were not fully implemented yet and as a result you could only shoot down the middle due to a bug.

But from what we can see it looks sharper, far more fluid and the ball physics look better.

Nice videos indeed. I like the new animations and I hope everything turns out well and fluid during gameplay. I only wish they've fixed the penalty bug because some people could play in a spot that's neither to the side nor the middle but in between and high and the keeper could never get to it.

Always hate those early vids filmed on a phone at some games show. Never tell you very much about the game, because it's always two idiots playing horrible football - sprinting sprinting sprinting, through balls, wingplay, cutback, 100mph. Doesn't really tell me anything I want to know about the possibilities of PES2012. Always makes the game look incredibly fast, too.

The passing looks far to easy and accurate for my liking, reminds me of FIFA :(. Also looks a bit fast, I hope that game speed can still be changed. Dribbling looks good though :D.

This is E3 code and the people at the event said the build was extremely unstable. The penalties were not fully implemented yet and as a result you could only shoot down the middle due to a bug.

But from what we can see it looks sharper, far more fluid and the ball physics look better.

Ball still looks way to floaty though.

The passing looks far to easy and accurate for my liking, reminds me of FIFA :(. Also looks a bit fast, I hope that game speed can still be changed. Dribbling looks good though :D.

Would be good to point out that there are 5 levels of passing assistance. And D-pad is still usable. So that obviously affects how easy passing is.

Btw guys, those who played were told this code is from around E3. So, no new code at PesRankings after all.

And Adam mentioned this code is older than the one he and Suff played because the code they played had the new feature that's going to be announced next week implemented already. That might explain why they are using older code in these events. What isn't exactly explainable is why they allowed people to record from something so unstable NOW. Ah Konami, lol...

Mate trust me it isnt fast its like -1 on pes 2011. especially the long balls which at times were way too fast. Also passing was very manual for me since i played on 1 bar but most people played on 3 bars which is basically assisted

Also anyone got any questions?
there was commentary on the 360 version and penalties worked well.

Just watched the Spain vs Germany half and something that I feared would happen with the new player movement has. I was worried that Konami would not of fixed the stamina system and you would get players constantly running all over the place, even deep into the half. Watching the sides backs movement seems to confirm this.

Always hate those early vids filmed on a phone at some games show. Never tell you very much about the game, because it's always two idiots playing horrible football - sprinting sprinting sprinting, through balls, wingplay, cutback, 100mph. Doesn't really tell me anything I want to know about the possibilities of PES2012. Always makes the game look incredibly fast, too.

People like Pere and Jimmy should be the ones testing the game out.

Just watched the Spain vs Germany half and something that I feared would happen with the new player movement has. I was worried that Konami would not of fixed the stamina system and you would get players constantly running all over the place, even deep into the half. Watching the sides backs movement seems to confirm this.

Until there's a proper stamina system (like there was never in PES tbh) it's really up to who and how you play it isn't it. Some of these vids look dreadful because the people playing it are terrible at it lol. Sprinting like headless chickens.

Liking the videos, even though it's early code. I agree the people playing it aren't that good and are speed demons, but hey, at least it's footage, better than nothing :)

mancan - I have a question, did you notice any change in the manual replay system or is it the same as 2011? I really hope not :/

Some joker had Puyol as a god damn trequartista! Wow.

The passing does look a bit accurate for my liking. Need to see how it scales down, but it's not enough of an argument to say it's on assisted - what will everyone be using online in that case?

The passing does look a bit accurate for my liking. Need to see how it scales down, but it's not enough of an argument to say it's on assisted - what will everyone be using online in that case?

It's Spain?...Yes the passing does look a accurate.

Until there's a proper stamina system (like there was never in PES tbh) it's really up to who and how you play it isn't it.

No, the reason being that the CPU is controlling your player runs and if there is no real stamina system in place to stop it from making off the ball runs constantly then it will do it, and does from the looks of things.
I was watching Brazil in the Copa America the other day and Noticed how good their movement was off the ball, about 20 mins into the half there was not nearly as much and this made me think and hope that PES would put something in place to replicate that... oh well.

After watching all the vids I am a little dissapointed at how "arcade" ceratin aspects of the game look. I am sure it will be a good game but I would really like a more hardcore sim.

Last edited:
Liking the videos, even though it's early code. I agree the people playing it aren't that good and are speed demons, but hey, at least it's footage, better than nothing :)

mancan - I have a question, did you notice any change in the manual replay system or is it the same as 2011? I really hope not :/

Sorry seemed the same although noone stayed there for long so not sure. But the normal replays after goals were really nice. It is the fifa one that is kind of zoomed out but lower angle its really nice

No, the reason being that the CPU is controlling your player runs and if there is no real stamina system in place to stop it from making off the ball runs constantly then it will do it, and does from the looks of things.

After watching all the vids I am a little dissapointed at how "arcade" ceratin aspects of the game look. I am sure it will be a good game but I would really like a more hardcore sim.

It's simply not something you can actually be sure about at this stage.

It's not because of that it's going to be more or less arcade. Not an argument imo, since no similar stamina system was ever in place, even in the PS2 days.

Sorry seemed the same although noone stayed there for long so not sure. But the normal replays after goals were really nice. It is the fifa one that is kind of zoomed out but lower angle its really nice

Okay, I really hope they do something about the manual part of replays, the automatic replays are fine but when you want to take control of the camera and get good angles, it's really difficult to do on 2011....

You have to understand its spain so their passes are mostly goin to be aaccurate. Also its really not that much of an advantage because you can intercept alot of those passes really easily. You have complete control of your defenders and simply using the X button to call a player to pressure will get them to intercept the most times. Seriously more manual is alot better. assisted isnt very good when playing someone that can defend.

Back
Top Bottom