PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Couldn't agree more - my crappy ML default players literally don't make any forward runs, it's incredibly frustrating, but that's because they are crap players. PES recognises that there is a huge difference in a top quality players' ability to find space up the field. If you come away from the ML default players and try an international match, for example, the difference in attacking options is night and day. This is what makes ML so great, finding better talent who can make forward runs, take up positions, find extra space, because that's how most teams improve in real life. And not only that, but finding players to sign takes on a new dimension because every player has their own style, as the full backs dicussion proves. If you want an overlapping full back, you simply do your research and find one who's stats or traits/player cards indicate this. Compare this to FIFA, where every player feels essentially the same, and it adds amazing depth to the game.

I too hope it hasn't changed in PES2012.

this is very true,some examples ive posted here show that full backs will attack if their attack and agression stats are high

YouTube - ai attacking fullbacks

YouTube - ai attacking fullbacks 2

in this clip taiwo even calls for the ball to be played forward to him

YouTube - overlapping fullback 2

It would mean more money for Konami. And obviously if the game is so good as it's sounding this year already, more proper "internationalization" of the PES team itself, a new life to the series in terms of sales, and recognition maybe.

That's what i was thinking. I mean these days Sports games is such big buisness that splashing UEFA all over it would only help it's marketing.

That's so incredibly rare, and when it happens, it happens like in the first case where he suddenly decides to stop. No one said they weren't there, but it's flawed. As simply as that. And the problem isn't just full backs, it happens with nearly all players, they don't make the obvious attacking movements into space most of the time. You learn to cope with it but severely dampers the creation of opportunities that are already reduced because of the catch-up bug, among other stuff.

Lami I am guessing you are going to be sent a copy of the playtest code then? If you are going to a specific venue I think you need to wear the evo web uniform mate

evowebtshirt.png

Haha!

Was thinking exactly the same!

UEFA EURO 2012 could really be licensed in 2012
My guess of license 2 to 3 months ago in other forum:
(http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/49955/t1640666-pes-2012-news-rumours-speculation/4.htm#47)
About PES2012's licenses, there might be a chance of having a fully licensed UEFA Euro 2012 in the game.

as you can see for the last three years, each time KONAMI would bring us a newly licensed UEFA competition (09: Champions League, 10: Europa League, 11: Super Cup).

the agreement signed between KONAMI and UEFA last for 4 years (from 2008 to 2011, and i think KONAMI will try their best to extend the exclusive licenses)
and for sure there will be UEFA competitions in PES2012.
at the same time UEFA Euro will come in the next year and that's why i'm guessing there might be a fully licensed UEFA Euro 2012 competition in PES2012.

BUT

EA had already made their own UEFA Euro series (Euro 2000, 2004 and 2008) and if EA announce that they are having the game UEFA Euro 2012, the above words will be just bullshit

(http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/49955/t1640666-pes-2012-news-rumours-speculation/8.htm#115)
Again some GUESS in licenses:

Club
[EPL]
IN OUT
Manchester City Tottenham Hotspur ---(For UEFA Champions League)

[Ligue 1]
League and teams fully licensed

[Eredivisie]
League and teams fully licensed

[Serie A]
Teams fully licensed

[LFP]
IN OUT
Almería Betis
Zaragoza Sevilla ---(For UEFA Europa League)

[Bundesliga]
IN OUT
Dortmund Werder Bremen ---(For UEFA Champions League)

[J-League]
Newly Added

National
[Probably some teams in America]

Cup
[Copa Santander Libertadores 2011]
It can said that the cup is confirmed to be in PES2012 as Sarsfield said already in its website
[Copa Sudamericana]?
[UEFA Euro 2012]?

Copa America or some other cups organized by UEFA/CONMEBOL could be possible.
Hopefully KONAMI will bring us more leagues no matter licensed or not to 2012

Guys, I think we'll have continuous play this year :D Something we've come to realize @ WENB. Adam hinted the announcement coming next week would be something many people have been asking about for some years. Plus, he said it was a pure gameplay thing. Also, Steve Merret came on the boards earlier this week and said there was something "game changing" coming soon. So, makes a lot of sense.

Last edited:
Game changing. That's a big word to be used.

I agree, they must surely mean in other area's and not the gameplay,otherwise what would be the point of all these impressions. It would make them null and void.

Unless its something they (the testers) have already seen, but have been sworn to secrecy.

After all this it wouldnt suprise me if you could now (for arguments sake) change your player studs/blades thus making better turns/grip. these could also be bought from the Pes store. Hardly game changing, but after the last four years nothing will suprise me.

i love pes for what it stands for, which is enough for me. So untill the news is given i dont know why anyone has to say anything that builds my expectations. only to have them knocked down again.

I really want this version to shine, But a little voice inside keeps telling me "Caution! we have been here before" God i hope i am wrong.

Last edited:
True, but the animation side of it is probably the hardest aspect to achieve whilst ensuring it adheres to the fundamental technical variables on show. The plethora of twists and turns of the body combined with the varying first-touch requirements means the animation set for each relevant scenario is extremely vast. That's why, for the most part, I'm just happy to have the technical theories in place, even if the animations struggle to match them. The theories of technique are spot on in PES, it's the exection of the visuals that can let it down. I can forgive the animations though, because the theories are so incredibly sound.

It's not one animation fits all like Fifa, that's why it's so much harder to achieve, and that's before we start talking about the gulf in available technologies between the two developers.

Edit - On a different note, I like to read the Fifa thread because I like to hear EA's ideas. They, more often than not, dont execute their idea's as well as they should, but they still come up with some decent stuff. It then got me thinking about this Flair Passing, and the fact, to an extent, it is already apparent in PES 2011. It's very subtle in PES 2011, as it should be, and stat-relevant. But it is there. I've seen some lovely first-time heel flicked volley passes, and also the drag-back heel pass. Both of these are prevelant when passing with players with a high Technique stat. I'd like Konami to produce more animations for this type of pass, but also keep it automatic like it is at present. I love the way these happen during random moments, it's classic PES, those moments where it happens and you have to replay the move to see exactly what just transpired as your mouth is still picking itself up off the floor. Class.

Yup Jimmy. What i exactly want to emphasize here not necessarily about the vast amount of animation template itself, but the quality in terms of smooth and natural looking transition and between animation as well as fluidity.

You must agree with me that there is some situation in PES 2011 where the animation really nails it, yes ? Same here, personally, i am loving it more than the best animation exist in FIFA 11 PC :)) . I don't know it may be because of what you just said, it is to some extent stats related. and yeah different feeling to heaviness for different player too that what makes it more complete. Imo, its shame even the seeminly more advanced tech of FIFA animation engine can not give me the satisfaction of above reason.

As for PES 2012 so far, i am glad with that fluidity of animation transition has been shown. However, about natural looking transition, overall i am glad, although there is certain animation transition for example certain passing to jogging/running situation where the animation transition seems too deliberate, hence slightly look unnatural as well as heading to stumble animation. And yes, it will not be a gamebreaker by the look of it.

Roll on Demo :SMUG:

True, but the animation side of it is probably the hardest aspect to achieve whilst ensuring it adheres to the fundamental technical variables on show. The plethora of twists and turns of the body combined with the varying first-touch requirements means the animation set for each relevant scenario is extremely vast. That's why, for the most part, I'm just happy to have the technical theories in place, even if the animations struggle to match them. The theories of technique are spot on in PES, it's the exection of the visuals that can let it down. I can forgive the animations though, because the theories are so incredibly sound.

It's not one animation fits all like Fifa, that's why it's so much harder to achieve, and that's before we start talking about the gulf in available technologies between the two developers.

Edit - On a different note, I like to read the Fifa thread because I like to hear EA's ideas. They, more often than not, dont execute their idea's as well as they should, but they still come up with some decent stuff. It then got me thinking about this Flair Passing, and the fact, to an extent, it is already apparent in PES 2011. It's very subtle in PES 2011, as it should be, and stat-relevant. But it is there. I've seen some lovely first-time heel flicked volley passes, and also the drag-back heel pass. Both of these are prevelant when passing with players with a high Technique stat. I'd like Konami to produce more animations for this type of pass, but also keep it automatic like it is at present. I love the way these happen during random moments, it's classic PES, those moments where it happens and you have to replay the move to see exactly what just transpired as your mouth is still picking itself up off the floor. Class.

agree, and this is why i keep saying those who like pes are those who play,played and understand football and those who like fifa just love football but never really play,played and understand football.
my opinion,so i hope no one gets offended.

Guys, I think we'll have continuous play this year :D Something we've come to realize @ WENB. Adam hinted the announcement coming next week would be something many people have been asking about for some years. Plus, he said it was a pure gameplay thing. Also, Steve Merret came on the boards earlier this week and said there was something "game changing" coming soon. So, makes a lot of sense.

unless Murphy doesn't want to be ashamed by his own words full continous play won't be in pes 2012
did you hear the part of the vblog where he answers the question about continous gameplay and says that continous play is not fully implemented in pes 2012 because they don't want "people to wait for a certain thing to happen while playing"?

here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71JFOx_Hw_M&feature=player_detailpage#t=115s

Yes , but there is different cameras , like this one :

newtvcamera.jpg

Don't like the way the 3 red players are bunched together on the left of the screen. This is often the case in PES 2011 too, e.g too many players occupying the same area, or 3,4,5 AI players chasing the same player. Hope AI improvements have fixed this, please look out for it in your playtest Lami.

one question

are the replay camera angles similar to PES 2011 or is it more flexible like PES 2010? PES 2011 camera angles are very limited, they suck.

Not sure if it's CP or not, but it's a purely gameplay feature and something fans have been asking about. Start a list!

I'm struggling to think what else it could be if not continuous play?

We already know of the new manual passing settings, something which many have asked for.

Probably not a set-piece editor considering the new off the ball controls at dead ball situations.

Something I've wanted since PES5 is the return of the training mini-games, but that's probably not classed as gameplay, nor worthy of a big announcement.

Definitely not an online mode then?

I'm struggling to think what else it could be if not continuous play?

We already know of the new manual passing settings, something which many have asked for.

Probably not a set-piece editor considering the new off the ball controls at dead ball situations.

Something I've wanted since PES5 is the return of the training mini-games, but that's probably not classed as gameplay, nor worthy of a big announcement.

Definitely not an online mode then?

Depends on what we consider a "pure gameplay feature". I also can't think of anything else than continuous play.

Continuous play mean no black loading screen right ? I'd love it if we had the choice like in NBA 2K to have the continuous play and if we wanted to skip (during timeouts) we'd just press a button.
I really hate it when our teams get magically reorganized after a black screen, it's so unrealistic.Give us the option to either watch the whole action unfold or the option to skip it without instant formation reorganization

Could it be muddy kits? players breath? marks on the pitch when slide tackling? or hopefully all of these.

In terms of just gameplay, it could be run triggers (do not want), walking (by half pressing the analog stick)... erm... what have people been asking for over the past few years? I don't see continuous play as game changing, nor particularly as something Konami would do. Right stick player switching has already been added, so has the advantage rule, the first touch thing FIFA has is already pretty much on R1 and the left stick.

We shall find out soon enough I suppose...

Back
Top Bottom