PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Let's not jump the gun lads, this is old code remember!!! :)

Yes but we can't actually blame them. Konami shouldn't have allowed vids. Maybe some stills, yes, but videos, from such an old cold (if it's indeed E3 code, it's from the first week of JUNE!), not the wisest decision is it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hjki0Q20Mw&feature=player_embedded

3:49-3:50, I'm a little angry that they still kept the PËS 10 running animation in there. It also happend in PES 11, not always, but it did when a player was trying to catch up to the ball.

Rest looks fine.

Holy shit, pause the video at 5:43 and look at the formation this joker is using for Spain, and where he's got the various players. Just look at it... Christ.

THESE are the people getting to play PES2012 early??

Don't think it's worth trying to get much of an idea of the game from that clip. Not only are Spain playing as unlike Spain as is humanly possible (every pass is a through ball, and every single player starts sprinting madly towards the goal as soon as he receives the ball), but the guy's obviously using some freak exploit formation from MLO or something, which he probably uses for every single team. You should give these chimps a copy of Emlyn Hughes International Soccer and ignore them.

Personally my main interest in the new game is how well it stands up to being played realistically. I want to know if Spain can circulate the ball patiently in midfield for minutes on end, Support Range set narrow and Possession (Def) selected so that other players come short to receive passes... without getting steamrollered by huge gangs of opposition players who never tire, four of them charging into Xavi and knocking him off the ball without a foul being given. I want to know if Ramos is a beast going forward but has dreadful defensive positioning which can be a liability; I want to know if Xabi Alonso can hit great passes from deep (which was not possible in PES2011 because no one ever made the right kind of run to receive one). I want to know how their defence works, with full backs coming forward and Busquets dropping back between the centre backs to cover. And I'm not going to find those things out when Ramos is playing on the right side of a back three, Alonso's on the left wing, the central midfield pairing is two tippy-tappy midgets who can't tackle and the whole game's just about running very very fast.

I'd like to think that this sort of player will get annihilated in PES2012 when he comes up against someone who actually understands football and the subtleties of PES... but I don't know that either, because he's playing against another sprint-monkey who just boots the ball down the pitch every time he wins possession. And because these videos are just the first half, I don't even know whether playing like that for 45 minutes will leave them all exhausted in the second half and easily picked off by fresh-legged subs.

Oh well. Spotted a couple of nice new animations at least. And I do know that in PES2012 Carles Puyol can score 18-yard curlers into the top corner with his left foot. Excellent.

the game looks fantastic.. looks a bit fast though. the player availability is great, their positioning just after they have made the pass in a crowded area is good, they make space for themselves. The ball gives a little fifa-ish feel but its for the good i guess. the goalkick, long pass doesnt seem too floaty, the short aerial passes do. maybe its jus about getting used to it. Overall looks great.

Holy shit, pause the video at 5:43 and look at the formation this joker is using for Spain, and where he's got the various players. Just look at it... Christ.

THESE are the people getting to play PES2012 early??

Don't think it's worth trying to get much of an idea of the game from that clip. Not only are Spain playing as unlike Spain as is humanly possible (every pass is a through ball, and every single player starts sprinting madly towards the goal as soon as he receives the ball), but the guy's obviously using some freak exploit formation from MLO or something, which he probably uses for every single team. You should give these chimps a copy of Emlyn Hughes International Soccer and ignore them.

Personally my main interest in the new game is how well it stands up to being played realistically. I want to know if Spain can circulate the ball patiently in midfield for minutes on end, Support Range set narrow and Possession (Def) selected so that other players come short to receive passes... without getting steamrollered by huge gangs of opposition players who never tire, four of them charging into Xavi and knocking him off the ball without a foul being given. I want to know if Ramos is a beast going forward but has dreadful defensive positioning which can be a liability; I want to know if Xabi Alonso can hit great passes from deep (which was not possible in PES2011 because no one ever made the right kind of run to receive one). I want to know how their defence works, with full backs coming forward and Busquets dropping back between the centre backs to cover. And I'm not going to find those things out when Ramos is playing on the right side of a back three, Alonso's on the left wing, the central midfield pairing is two tippy-tappy midgets who can't tackle and the whole game's just about running very very fast.

I'd like to think that this sort of player will get annihilated in PES2012 when he comes up against someone who actually understands football and the subtleties of PES... but I don't know that either, because he's playing against another sprint-monkey who just boots the ball down the pitch every time he wins possession. And because these videos are just the first half, I don't even know whether playing like that for 45 minutes will leave them all exhausted in the second half and easily picked off by fresh-legged subs.

Oh well. Spotted a couple of nice new animations at least. And I do know that in PES2012 Carles Puyol can score 18-yard curlers into the top corner with his left foot. Excellent.

Spot on.

I wonder if they would allow Adam and the rest of the press to record videos from preview code they're getting next week? I mean, if you allow people to record something from a code more than a month old, the least you could do was allow people to record from newer code if there are some pwoper improvements in it. Would only benefit with it lol.

Yes but we can't actually blame them. Konami shouldn't have allowed vids. Maybe some stills, yes, but videos, from such an old cold (if it's indeed E3 code, it's from the first week of JUNE!), not the wisest decision is it?

Yep, your quite right, doesnt send out the best signals when penalties are shown and its bugged...

the game looks fantastic.. looks a bit fast though. the player availability is great, their positioning just after they have made the pass in a crowded area is good, they make space for themselves. The ball gives a little fifa-ish feel but its for the good i guess. the goalkick, long pass doesnt seem too floaty, the short aerial passes do. maybe its jus about getting used to it. Overall looks great.

Are you really from India? your english is better than probably half of our population (English)! :)

Agree with you, I'm liking what I see thus far.

I laugh sometimes at the players in these video's. Dont get me wrong i am no god like player but i know how to play football (well the basics at least) and many times i would have played the square ball or backwards,but these players just play forward balls then try a pass that just isnt on then voila they lose possesion.

What really is a crime is i can see the AI working well in support and these guys are more or less blind to it. For how they are playing the game it may as well be 2011, in saying that though they couldnt even do 2011 justice.

EDIT- posters are flying thick & fast,i missed Pere Ubu's post who sums them up perfectly.
Yeah Pere give these chimps a copy of Emlyn Hughes International Soccer and ignore them. :LOL:

Last edited:
guys look at the 8th video at around 3:05 and watch how ibrahimovic drifts wide to leave his marker. thats shows a small glimpse into the intelligence of the AI its amazing i didnt have to play any one twos players always seemed to be moving and trying to create space

I laugh sometimes at the players in these video's. Dont get me wrong i am no god like player but i know how to play football (well the basics at least) and many times i would have played the square ball or backwards,but these players just play forward balls then try a pass that just isnt on then voila they lose possesion.

What really is a crime is i can see the AI working well in support and these guys are more or less blind to it. For how they are playing the game it may as well be 2011, in saying that though they couldnt even do 2011 justice.

Mate i know its really frustrating because on the xbox there were loads of us actually playing really good football and analysing runs and pointing out the amazing ai moves. Oh yeah the best thing i saw today was glen johnson make a 50 yard run down the line then round the left back diagonally into the box. Which i saw from a mile off with wilshere and delayed the pass, slid him in nicely. In which he then crossed it far post for ashley young to score with a header. best moment for me.

Did you notice the guy that changed his shoot button to O? it's called FIFAism I believe :D

Spot on.

I wonder if they would allow Adam and the rest of the press to record videos from preview code they're getting next week? I mean, if you allow people to record something from a code more than a month old, the least you could do was allow people to record from newer code if there are some pwoper improvements in it. Would only benefit with it lol.

I'd be quite interested to see Adam from WENB playing PES, actually. I never usually listen to their podcasts because personally I find the guy gets on my nerves, but I heard one recently where he said he was pleased that in 2012 you can play more of a close-passing game. Made me laugh though, because he said "oh, at first I was trying to play it in the usual PES style, looking for through balls, working the wings" and I thought "Jesus, people act like this guy's a world authority on PES and it sounds to me like he hasn't got a clue. He's been playing PES2011 like a Lobby 1 knob-end." Would happily change my opinion...

The one bloke from WENB I really do have some respect for is... um, I've forgotten his name, but it's not Adam and it's not the other guy who likes FIFA. Is it Alan? Whatever, I've read some of his posts on PES2011 and I was very impressed by his understanding of the game and what's right/wrong with it. Light years ahead of anything else I've seen from the WENB people - seemed to really get it, and had enough of an understanding of programming to offer some insights from that direction too. I'd certainly watch that guy play a few games of PES2012, might actually learn something other than "yet again, if you play PES badly, it looks bad."

Has there been a single lobbed pass in all of the videos? Oh and does anyone have any reasonable answer as to why Konami's fatigue systems gives leeway to sprinting shenanigans?

I'd be quite interested to see Adam from WENB playing PES, actually. I never usually listen to their podcasts because personally I find the guy gets on my nerves, but I heard one recently where he said he was pleased that in 2012 you can play more of a close-passing game. Made me laugh though, because he said "oh, at first I was trying to play it in the usual PES style, looking for through balls, working the wings" and I thought "Jesus, people act like this guy's a world authority on PES and it sounds to me like he hasn't got a clue. He's been playing PES2011 like a Lobby 1 knob-end." Would happily change my opinion...

The one bloke from WENB I really do have some respect for is... um, I've forgotten his name, but it's not Adam and it's not the other guy who likes FIFA. Is it Alan? Whatever, I've read some of his posts on PES2011 and I was very impressed by his understanding of the game and what's right/wrong with it. Light years ahead of anything else I've seen from the WENB people - seemed to really get it, and had enough of an understanding of programming to offer some insights from that direction too. I'd certainly watch that guy play a few games of PES2012, might actually learn something other than "yet again, if you play PES badly, it looks bad."

"Looking for through balls, working the wings"? Any good PES player from playing online knows the only way to win against tough opponents is to spam L1 passing from the midfield and handing out thorough passes.

The most rotten tactic by far, and I've never been beaten by it thankfully, is lobbing the ball all the way to the forward in the very first few seconds of the game to get a cheap 1 on 1 with the keeper.

Spot on.

maybe thats adams big news next week,that wenb can film what they play

Video 8 is from far the best one! LOVE IT!

YouTube - PES 2012 Vid #8

People playing this one are actually good at it, plus I love the little subtle animations, the general flow of the game, love Iniesta goal where the he's about to stumble but is able to keep on his feet, then makes a good shot, plus Messi being Messi, looks powerful. Overall it's really great in my opinion :D

Video 5 at 05min43 : the guy plays with Puyol as an OMF :LMAO:

I hope he did it for fun and actually know Puyol is a defender...this explains why Puyol was in a good position to score :P.

Anyway, I really love these videos ! I didn't expect such smoothness and fluidity.

It looks to fast in my opinion (maybe its just because they chose an faster speed)

In vid#4 you can see the player with Spain often doing passes from weird angles and they seem too accurate and in a perfect speed. I think the new animations have caused this and it very unrealistic.

Look at vid#2 at 2:40. I think its Abidal running towards the ball and, when the ball hits him, He reacts immediately to it. If the cursor switch is fixed, the player could switch do Abidal and he would get the ball. Well, its one less bug :))

Imo the pace is very realistic. Sometimes it may look a bit frenetic but that's about how you choose to play it. In some situations it's fast, others quite slow. That's how it should be imo.

Back
Top Bottom