PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I want to see improved AI across the board with the multitude of bugs fixed - We get nothing from a few pictures that have been given the business in photoshop.

edit: Also anyone who buys Fifa now is sticking a knife into the heart and soul of football.

Get Blatter and Warner on the cover next year with one giving the other a reach around.

These screenshots are just the tip of the iceberg ;)

I'm more worried about Casillas's animation from that screenshot. Please no more bend arm/rigid saves! I hope there is a huge amount of work on Keeper animations.

Yeah thats the thing that first hit me,like you i hope to see better keeper animations.

I want to see improved AI across the board Also anyone who buys Fifa now is sticking a knife into the heart and soul of football.
Get Blatter and Warner on the cover next year with one giving the other a reach around.

:LOL: Amen to that.

Last edited:
They're taking the piss, my love.

It is the default setting now for every PES build-up until the end of time.

Oh ah. I'm just unfamiliar with humour on these forums, it's like a horse wearing trousers.

Where's the twat that is going to cancel his pre order for lack of untucked shirts. Who was that again? Badger promised to run over him in a truck of untucked shirts. Did he pull it off?

Also where is the dude complaining about how rigid the players are in the screenshots. OMG this place has matured.

Seriously though konami, thanks but stop taking the piss. Ingame match screenshots please.

aye zee, when I see some comments I often wonder if these people are serious or what. Not buying it because of the dog heads, or the tucked shirts, or the nets are wrong, or it doesn't snow...

These things should be WAY at the bottom of a VERY LONG list to anyone with even a passing interest in football.

Where's the twat that is going to cancel his pre order for lack of untucked shirts. Who was that again? Badger promised to run over him in a truck of untucked shirts. Did he pull it off?

Also where is the dude complaining about how rigid the players are in the screenshots. OMG this place has matured.

Seriously though konami, thanks but stop taking the piss. Ingame match screenshots please.

These are in-game.

let's ask for a proper gameplay video instead :P

England scoring against Spain, unrealistic :P.

In all honesty, these type of screenshots are pretty pointless - the graphics look good to me but those pics have probably had the photoshop treatment.

They look nice. If nothing more than whetting the appetite then so be it. I'm still enjoying what PES 2011 has to offer and if they make improvements with PES 2012 then well done, it will be even more enjoyable.

Still not sure about people saying they have scored goals exactly like David Villa's goal in the UCL final. Look at the PES replays closely and I'm sure you will notice the ball appears to curl around but actually goes very straight. Villa's goal was more like a controlled/finesse shot in FIFA.

I have been playing around in the training ground and during games and I have seen some nice swerve and dip going from left to right when Villa hits across the ball. And during some games (must be automatic) the AI sometimes chooses to hit a slower shot that dips over the keeper, when the keeper is slightly off his line. But I have only once seen the ball "Curl" from right to left with a right footed player, when using the controlled shot. The ball spins properly if you watch it closely, but the trajectory doesn't deviate off a straight line enough. Wherever it starts, it finishes.

I don't know why they must be bullshots, because for me it doesn't look anything impressive, except the new facial animations.

The lighting around som payers looks nice, but in around of some other spayers it looks weird, still needs some adjustments, and the deph of field effect is very bad tbh. But i like the sweat and specially the facial animations.

I'm looking forward to see how the graphics look in wide camera, that's what matters to me in graphics department. It will look better than pes 2011 for sure.

Last edited:
Now here's a point i see everyone talk about. No offense to you mate, it's not you. This goes for a large number of people it's just when somebody say this is i automatically know they are playing PES as if it's fifa and expecting it to move like FIFA.

This is understandable since most of use have played FIFA 08, 09 and especially 10 rigorously and you so used to everyone moving the same way and moving at 360 degree when sprinting. Not just that, you can still do pretty well in PES 2011 without even knowing this.

My friend who only plays FIFA had a huge culture shock when he played PES 2011 and i had to explain to him. Most players move differently,

With PES, you can move in 360 at a fast pace only do this with a few players due to stats.

Basically Messi, Ratface, Robben, Ribery, and others such as Donovan(Dotan) Nani etc.. all can move pretty much in 360 degrees at a fast and slow pace. Messi especially. So yes, not many players.

Still however..

Iniesta, Xavi, Schweinstiger, Snijder, Riquelme and others of that ability, even those such as Jadson, Nene, D'Alessandro, Ramsey etc.. can move freely at 360 but mainly at jogging pace. There no point sprinting with them, they are pretty slow and don't have that speed merchant card which gives them freedom at pace.

However even very good players such as Gerrard, Barry, etc.. you can move in 360 but it's not easy and instant like FIFA. It's mainly with a very slow jog, just giving you freedom.

I mean i have a Sunderland ML, with cattermolde, he's great at covering, good passer, and tackling but i rarely if ever try to do a cryuff turn even, because he more often than not losses the ball.

Keep it simple with those players. Do the fancy stuff with players with dribble accuracy and technique at 80 or AT LEAST 75.

That's not what I'm talking about, because my main complaint with Fifa is how the players all control the ball like Messi on his best day.. The problem is, the player movement speed is still digital. It's unrealistic.

If they can just fix this, and give us an option for total manual control for passing, and shooting, I'd love this game so much more. The pacing of PES, and the fact you can't just skin the opposition with any player are my favourite things in the game.

aye zee, when I see some comments I often wonder if these people are serious or what. Not buying it because of the dog heads, or the tucked shirts, or the nets are wrong, or it doesn't snow...

These things should be WAY at the bottom of a VERY LONG list to anyone with even a passing interest in football.

Football is plastic nowadays mate. I miss the 90's.

i miss the 80es...i have been waiting for a classic dlc...

still what's the point of those generic screens? same screens same teams every year.

Well it's better than nothing, they can't exactly release a final build demo right now.

Just a couple of concerns about the Robihno picture. Why is he sweating so much and also looking angry? is it A,He has lost the ability to untuck his shirt and cool down (also worthy of note, is it a tech fit kit?) or B, has konami gone from one extreme to another with the fatigue ratings and the poor lad cant get substituted? :))

Just a couple of concerns about the Robihno picture. Why is he sweating so much and also looking angry? is it A,He has lost the ability to untuck his shirt and cool down (also worthy of note, is it a tech fit kit?) or B, has konami gone from one extreme to another with the fatigue ratings and the poor lad cant get substituted? :))

Cassano told him about how much he saved on his car insurance last year and he was pissed to see how much he could of saved if he had switched earlier.

Last edited:
Is this still going?

Not enough sweat and Portsmouth not in screens.

Pre-order cancelled.

Seriously though, these screens sort of remind me of this,

img_normal.jpg

Is this still going?

Pre-order cancelled.

Yes, I thought the exact same thing.

It's like 5 years later PES has finally reached this level.

So are we expecting more news this week? Konami's pre E3 briefing is this coming Friday (1am UK time), it will be streamed live on www.konami.com/e3
So hopefully we will get some news on new features and maybe even a new video.

Is this still going?

Pre-order cancelled.

img_normal.jpg

Yes, I thought the exact same thing.

It's like 5 years later PES has finally reached this level.

you're both right.

not the mention that also pes 2011 screens before the game was released were better than how the game actually looks.

let's hope this time we get another story.

Link feints?

Good or bad? atm they are pretty shit when you want to link 3-4 moves together.

I think it could be great if moves merged together more fluidly depending on players stats.

So if you try a 3 trick combo with Carvalho he'll do it with rubbish responsiveness and to a poor standard compared to if you did it with Quaresma etc..

Back
Top Bottom