PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Hehehe no glitches or exaggerated stuff. Just realism. Like the finesse shot on FIFA has a nice curl to it. But on FIFA the stats don't play as much so only the guys with good swerve stats on PES should be able to really bend the ball.

On PES the ball can have a nice curl when you cross it or hit a free kick. That movement introduced to normal shots, where relevant is what I'm after. I should be allowed to try it with everyone but only succeed with the right players or conditions.

Cant get the thought out of my head that the souped up tweaked game as it is
now will actually be better than PES2012.

Absolutely loving some of the goals that A1 now scores against me,it makes the game a real focused challenge.
Lets face it, they will have to dramatically improve things just to match
the improvements made by Yair & Jenkey this year.
It matters not though,if current game proves to be best than I will stick with it for another year.

Yes this is one of my concerns,but having said that with the last seabass video,things appear to be on track like with the off the ball movement (dummy runs ect..) i just hope we dont have to wait for patches again to fix certain bugs like last year.

In PES2011 there are curve on shots and long passes. Agreed not nearly enough on ground passes as these are mostly executed with the instep or outstep 7/10 times but it is definitely there.

I have marvelled at balls that curve around a keepers then spin off the pitch to get just inside the post. Or if it swerves away from the goal and I look down at how I am pushing the analogue stick in the wrong direction

I for one do not want to see those crazy FIFA and Old ISS swerves that defy the laws of physics. It should be stat based and depend largely on how the ball is struck.

Lace it with the leg following through "stroking" the ball on the volley should give you that wicked dip that anyone can do on a football pitch and PES gets this horribly wrong at most times.

There are so many variables involved player posture, balance, ball speed, angle of contact, follow through. I want all of these rather than a superficial swerve left or swerve right. PES punishes you on long range shooting especially with respect to timing but again the passing or clearing is all wrong so what's there is good but there is ample room for improvement.

About these AI patches, what exactly do they tweak? Could a similar thing be achieved by tweaking player stats in an OF?

It's hard to say if you could achieve the same by tweaking only player stats in an OF ... Matrix patch should be released soon for PC, it's the most comprehensive and extensive OF-tweaking project (player and team stats). We'll see soon enough what they have achieved.

About these AI patches, what exactly do they tweak? Could a similar thing be achieved by tweaking player stats in an OF?

I doubt it. They are extensive tweaks in the source of the engine. Thats the nature of PC gaming you can tweak anything.

Another aesthetic point. Can they please change the kit clash with the ref whenever you alter the kit choices? Time and time again I will select the opposition to play in all red only for the ref to walk out in their kit. Same with yellow.

Fair enough it feels as if I'm playing against the ref most games but it would be nice if it wasn't so obvious.

Loved Rooneys and Villa' R2 goals. And as for the bend, Villa's is replicated perfect in PES.
Disagreed.

They had a lot more power in them than PES' R2 shots.

I've seen the odd strike in PES 2011 that bends a bit (not a lot though), but often the animation ruins it - in any case it is way too rare/difficult to produce these shots.

I've tried just playing free training and getting world class players to perfectly position themselves to hit swerving shots, and yet it still hardly happens.

Konami need to sort this out.

I have scored the Villa goal Rob, it's one of the videos. What I actually meant though is that both were 'controlled' shots by definition.

In PES2011 there are curve on shots and long passes. Agreed not nearly enough on ground passes as these are mostly executed with the instep or outstep 7/10 times but it is definitely there.

I have marvelled at balls that curve around a keepers then spin off the pitch to get just inside the post. Or if it swerves away from the goal and I look down at how I am pushing the analogue stick in the wrong direction

I for one do not want to see those crazy FIFA and Old ISS swerves that defy the laws of physics. It should be stat based and depend largely on how the ball is struck.

Lace it with the leg following through "stroking" the ball on the volley should give you that wicked dip that anyone can do on a football pitch and PES gets this horribly wrong at most times.

There are so many variables involved player posture, balance, ball speed, angle of contact, follow through. I want all of these rather than a superficial swerve left or swerve right. PES punishes you on long range shooting especially with respect to timing but again the passing or clearing is all wrong so what's there is good but there is ample room for improvement.

I agree with you. I don't want ridiculous looking curve or a special curve button. But I do want curve or dip on a long shot where the conditions are met. Just like in real life. At the moment the ball either keeps rising, goes along the ground, or it drops just at hits the goal line. FIFA 11 probably has too much of it as I find too many shots dip or bounce in front of the keeper. Both still feel very scripted and maybe I'm asking for too much when I want to see properly simulated shooting/passing/crossing?

201105301539422.jpg

201105301539411.jpg

201105301539410.jpg

Nice screens, big upgrade in the lighting department, player models looking good.

Van Bommel looks so innocent and Totti can't seem to shake off that motion.

Great screens. Probably the best I have ever seen so early on.

Lighting looks better and the player models and faces look great (sweat on Robinho's face). So, so much better than FIFA's despite all their fancy tech.

Last edited by a moderator:
excellent screens.

game looks much, much better than pes 2011. player models, lightning, details... everything is much better...

Back
Top Bottom