PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

It doesn't matter. Online play is all about a fair match, and I believe both parties should have the same settings, unless they both agree otherwise. I hope there is an option to filter your opponents by the amount of assistance they use, like in FIFA.

Besides, I really don't get the point why full assistance on passing can work to your disadvantage because you can always go manual by holding manual pass button regardless. In a way, you got the best of both worlds.

It wasn't directed towards you :))

About the bolded part, i asked him, but he didn't check, we will have to see by ourselves

if someone plays full assisted i think he doesn't even know what L2 modifier is, so he will still play full assisted the whole match

anyway, in worst case, pes 2012 online will be like pes 2011, and to me that was not so bad when it was lag free.
They just have to reduce online lag for xbox360 and i will be happy

You gotta love this place by the way ...... It's my Carlsberg Forum. :)

Carlsberg don't do forum's, but if they did, it would probably be the ...... .....

filter?
u guys serious?

fifa has about 7000 players on pc for example
u cant do a filter for the amount of players in pes
its already hard to find a game..

erase this dream out of your mind..

Last edited:
Oh my, Luis Aguair really has out-done himself this time... :WOOT:

The goal topped off a quite remarkable performance from him, the Highlights are incredible, and what a goal by the way. :CONFUSE:

The little look up to see where the goal is, and the timing of it, well, it's phenomenal attention to relevant detail.

YouTube - Luis Aguiar - Genius Personified

Last edited:
Not bad Jimmy boi.

Luis Aguair is pretty damn good but the best player for Penarol has to be Diego Alonso in my humble opinion.

Cool compilation Jimmy :COOL:, Aguiar is really special and versatile. I'm glad we can now use the Libertadores teams online, there are some fun players like Neymar, Ganso, Aguilar and Pacheco etc. along with some interesting teams.

I can't help but think that there is fundamentally wrong with the highest difficulty.I have beaten it several time but sometimes it's too much surrealistic.The CPU can anticipate (in some matches) each single one of your dribbles, changes of direction, the AI will block virtually every shot.
He can also be pretty much flawless when it comes to passing, I love a challenge and all but it's as if the CPU boost itself to at times reach unstoppable levels.I wonder how tough the "superstar" difficulty will be then ? Will we be outplayed or cheated ?

You mean in top player ?.. no i have an occasion dribbling past them by wrong-footing them and making a long range cracker :BOP:

edit : oh yeah i see you say in some matches, not always happen.. so what's really the problem ?

---

Btw again about dribbling quickness,

What i notice is the quickness of the dribbler is faster than a defender with the same level of speed-related stats. No, it is not about straight direction dribbling and chased by a defender. It is more about making several small turns here and there and you can see the defender near him to dispossess is slower. Although i am aware, it is more challenging to defend and using useful defensive system. But i think it could be more challenging to dribble past a player if Robinho's dribbling turn is toned down to the same level as Gattuso in this Demo.

But i am not worried for offline play though, as this stats can be edited :SMUG:

Last edited:

The goal topped off a quite remarkable performance from him, the Highlights are incredible, and what a goal by the way. :CONFUSE:

The little look up to see where the goal is, and the timing of it, well, it's phenomenal attention to relevant detail.

*vid removed from quote*

To quote FPS Russia - now that was pretty fucking cool.

What a goal!

PES 2011: It sounds good, it looks good, it feels good, it is good.

lol been playing it most of the night. haven't played any 2012 demos yet and i hear it's immense. i've really grown to love 11 so i hope it's not too big a change. just sorting stuff that needed fixing etc.

PES 2011: It sounds good, it looks good, it feels good, it is good.

lol been playing it most of the night. haven't played any 2012 demos yet and i hear it's immense. i've really grown to love 11 so i hope it's not too big a change. just sorting stuff that needed fixing etc.

Oh it will need sorting all right. Its fun though. I really hope demo 2 is significantly better than demo 1.

I mean, as Shrek would say, for the love of Gingy, look at this

YouTube - PES Devine

Lost again to Santos 3:1 using Penarol. Did not make a good use of aguiar though, as i am busy using martinuccio, good enough in dribbling, prone to be dispossesed but quick in recover.. lol.

In other side (CPU ai), Neymar. It is a fact rather only than feeling.. He is dangerous enough.. Santos tends to play from the left making a good use of Neymar, his first goal is deflected shot after punishing 3 of my players from the left :TTTH:

Also the cpu ai play first time shot like in rebound ball or whenever they have a good space to make a long shot. Glad Sosa makes some decent save or i could lose more :P

Nice demo overall :APPLAUD:

@mdma11

Interesting goal :P

What I don't get about the burst feature is that if a player can burst on offense, why can't he burst on defense?

While using burst is a way to represent how a player in real life would change speed quickly, the way that burst is a separate move that can only be done on offense makes little sense.

Last edited:
Last night, after the constant nagging in my own mind with regards the Semi-Assisted v's Assisted Cursor change debate, I finally found closure. Semi-Assisted is by far the superior method. I think my intitial problems stemmed from the fact I enjoyed utilising the new R2 + X jockey/contain feature, and the Assisted Cursor change, put me right in the thick of it everytime. But after some serious play-testing last night with the Semi-Assisted system, I'm satisfied that is the system that offers the more advanced control and is the more technically astute.

It's strange really, because this debate has plagued me since Day 1, yet the answer to the question is one I've been answering throughout the whole of last year with PES 11. I learnt to defend off the ball, and although the through-balls are not as deadly as PES 11, it's the whole philosophy I had been criminally missing. After using the Semi-Auto system last night, I found it alot easier to divert my oppostion down the proberbial 'blind-alley'. Covering the channnels again, and cutting off the options, whilst at the same time, as people have mentioned, putting my trust in my team-mates. I could still go to the R2+X jockey/contain/block as a last resort, and my performances and defending skills improved ten-fold as a consequence. Forcing the CPU to make the mistake rather than trying to force it, worked so much better. Hindsight truly is a beautiful thing.

Another feature I finally got around to trying last night was the new Preset Tactics system. I've played pretty much exclusively with a 4-3-1-2 system, which is pretty much an exaggerated 4-4-2 diamond formation. I've gone with the Possession Game strategy with a tweaked Player Support to 10. It's worked very well for me, and suited my own style of play. I'd never tried the Preset Tactics 1-4, mainly because I couldnt find which button it was to change them. For me, it's Select and Circle. It's skips through from 1-4 with each press.

Anyway, before the match I set my Preset 1 to my standard formation, Possession Game, 4-3-1-2. For my Preset 2, I set that to a 'Kitchen Sink' formation- 3-1-3-3 and All-Out Attack. I also switched the players around accordingly to match and suit their new roles. I figured that would be a very differing alternate to go balls out if required. The scores were level at 0-0 with 10 minutes to play, I then conceded a corner. From the headed clearance, I quickly switched to Preset 2 on the fly. Jeez, what a change. As I broke on the counter, my players moved into their new instructed positions, I could see them before my eyes. It felt even more rewarding seeing the Manager graphic seemingly instructing the team to get forward. I held up play slightly on the half-way line in order from my players to get forward into their new positions. As I entered the CPU's half, the options I had on were more than plentiful, with 5-6 players offering their services, completely out-numbering the CPU. A couple of simple passes and I was in on goal and scored. Superb. I then flicked straight back to Preset 1. The system worked incredibly well, I was literally gobsmacked at how they responded. It was totally different to just jacking up the Attack Level with R1, this was a preconceived formation, with the players adopting roles previously allocated to them in the dressing room. This has never been possible before, we have never had the option to preset more than one formation with players in relevant roles and have them switch on the fly. Absolutely superb. This game just gets deeper, and deeper, and deeper.

Last edited:
Jimmy is there much individuality in the top teams? I don't have the time to play at the moment(or the last week :() so I can't test it for myself. I find it a bit worrying that a player like Aguiar, rated at just 70 odd is so damn good! In a team full of players around 70 - 80 i I fear that ever player will be equally capeable and this is where the "no individuality" criticisms are coming from.

Jimmy is there much individuality in the top teams? I don't have the time to play at the moment(or the last week :() so I can't test it for myself. I find it a bit worrying that a player like Aguiar, rated at just 70 odd is so damn good! In a team full of players around 70 - 80 i I fear that ever player will be equally capeable and this is where the "no individuality" criticisms are coming from.

I never play with the Premium teams Tom, I dont like the pace of the game at that level. I felt the need to drop the Gamespeed to -1 with those teams, and I prefer playing default at 0. The Copa Teams felt great at 0.

I anticipated this question though with regards Aguair, but putting it into perspective, I've only played with Penarol for the most part. That being said, I've tried my to hardest to use Aguair as much as possible for the first compilation. Therefore, nearly all shots came from him. The percentage of success is pretty minor in comparison to attempts. I've played 50 hours plus with Penarol, and those goals are all I could muster during that time. So, very, very little when you look at the bigger picture. That last goal was special. I could probably play another 6 months and not score a goal like that again. The keeper wasnt at fault, you just dont save those.

Aguair is my stand-out with Pacheco. Aguiar as two excellent feet, a decent dig, but does lack consistent accuracy. He has great upper-body strength, decent vision and average Form. I tend to cheat a little and restart so he isnt on anything less than a Green before each match. That said, he is head and shoulders above everyone bar Pacheco. So no, I dont see it an issue. He loves an R2 turn as well. I actually tried R2 turns with my CB's last night, and often. Not once did any of them retain possession. They were responsive, but they were dispossessed consistently. I have no issues at all with that debate. Once you clear your mind over this whole responsiveness/dribbling issue, you begin to see far more clearly.

Last edited:
Pes has always been full of players going under radar in terms of individuality it's not just about the standout players with their own animations and set skills.

That's the beauty of pes finding a player who may have low stats but who is still exceptionally talented. Same thing applies to smaller teams.

Scored these when trying out once the various PES 2012 demo patches, love the first goal especially, reminds me a bit of the Drogba goal vs Liverpool, although it's not a half volley, just the fact it's a quick turn and instant shot.

YouTube - [HD] PES 2012 - Gomez & Kagawa

Check out the little pass I've sandwiched in-between the goals too, classy!.

Last edited:

YouTube - Luis Aguiar - Genius Personified

Its the little intricacies, individuality etc that's in these videos that make me love pes so much more :-)

Back
Top Bottom