PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Cheers for the video.

Abidal lofted through ball to Villa, great example of individuality in PES *tsk tsk*
Abidal's passing animation and Villa's shoot animation (first goal). They remind me of those wooden mannquins:
jointed-wood-body-form-mannequin-dress-form.jpg
Seriously, after playing the FIFA 12 demo all day and watching this video, pretty much everything about PES demo looks like poo.

Ball physics after crossbar rebound (Ibra's freekick) is awful.

And that's when I stopped watching.

Last edited:
After playing the FIFA12 demo and almost throwing up with nausea because of the passing, the lack of inertia and any sense of weight on both the players and the ball, the overpowered headers and the fact the attacking AI is completely brain dead, getting back to the PES 2012 demo makes me feel "warm and fuzzy" inside lol.

Bring on 2nd demo!

Last edited:
After playing the FIFA12 demo and almost throwing up with nausea because of the passing, the lack of inertia and any sense of weight on both the players and the ball, the overpowered headers and the fact the attacking AI is completely brain dead, getting back to the PES 2012 demo makes me feel "warm and fuzzy" inside lol.

So you like feeling something warm and fuzzy inside you eh? ;)

@danyjr i look your post and.. yes you are FIFA fan..it is obvious and it's ok. You Like this game, you like all what FIFA give you .. it's ok too. But u can't just stay here and to insult every little miss or bug in PES ! General PES look and feel much.. OMG.. MUCH close to Real Football, to what We see in Champions League every Tuesday and Wednesday night. Yes.. animation are not great, there some problems but even that... PES 2012 is much close to real football сompared to FIFA 12. So.. relax and peace.

Just been playing Fifa 12 demo and PES 2012 demo on pc side by side with the same teams, barca against Milan, both on professional difficulty... and boy are these games similar, it gave me eery chills... and yet the games were a bit different with pes 2012 clearly having the more challenging CPU-AI.

@danyjr i look your post and.. yes you are FIFA fan..it is obvious and it's ok. You Like this game, you like all what FIFA give you .. it's ok too. But u can't just stay here and to insult every little miss or bug in PES ! General PES look and feel much.. OMG.. MUCH close to Real Football, to what We see in Champions League every Tuesday and Wednesday night. Yes.. animation are not great, there some problems but even that... PES 2012 is much close to real football сompared to FIFA 12. So.. relax and peace.

Contrary to popular belief, I'm far from being a FIFA fan. Don't believe me? See for yourself here.

I sir, am a critique. I am critical of things because I want to improve every day. All the things you said were not what I said. Did I talk about FIFA being closer to reality? No, you did. I talked about animations, player individuality (which is still better in PES than FIFA, but not as pronounced as previous titles) and ball physics on an occasion. PES is indeed closer to real football which is why I play PES far more than FIFA. But I can't help but to think it still has miles to achieve the simulation goals Konami have in mind. That is, if they have that goal in mind.

Contrary to popular belief, I'm far from being a FIFA fan. Don't believe me? See for yourself here.

I sir, am a critique. I am critical of things because I want to improve every day. All the things you said were not what I said. Did I talk about FIFA being closer to reality? No, you did. I talked about animations, player individuality (which is still better in PES than FIFA, but not as pronounced as previous titles) and ball physics on an occasion. PES is indeed closer to real football which is why I play PES far more than FIFA. But I can't help but to think it still has miles to achieve the simulation goals Konami have in mind. That is, if they have that goal in mind.

I sir, don't give a shit about your critiquing. Word to the wise, don't start FIFA blahblah vs PES blahblah. It just never works out.

All the people saying that the "bursting run" or whatever its called is unrealistic, you need to check out Patos goal from tonights game vs Barca, its not as far fetched as you think.

Oh OK, but its a feature based on acceleration not top speed, the relevant stat would be explosive power or whatever not a speed one. I think so anyway.

Seriously, after playing the FIFA 12 demo all day and watching this video, pretty much everything about PES demo looks like poo.

Every year the FIFA demo has the wow factor that captivates for the first few days play. I'll openly admit that each year I'm drawn in by the animations, fluidity and presentation, but it doesn't take much scratching beneath the surface to realise that the game lacks the individuality and tactical depth that I desire.

It's all academic to me anyway as I've chosen not to buy any more EA games, but from experience it's best to give both games serious time before forming opinions. For me a good PES game gets deeper and deeper with time, whereas year after year I'm left feeling underwhelmed by FIFA after the initial sheen fades away.

I'm not wishing to start a PES v FIFA debate here, but I am genuinely interested in people's opinions of both games a month or two after release. Both games suffer from their fair share of bugs and issues, but once the dust settles it will be interesting to see which game is keeping players hooked.

If they haven't fixed the slots then I guess I can forget about having hundreds of mp3 files for the in game play lists like other games allow.

Pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom