PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

That is a bad solution, just because a team isn't actively trying to play an offside trap as 'team strategy' it doesn't mean they'll keep on trying to chase defenders pass their defensive line.

It's not a big deal, but the defensive lines were better in PES 2011 in the organizational team aspect of it.

I meant the Manual offside trap btw with select + :x:,:circle:,:square:

it's extremely difficult imho to find a balance between animations, responsiveness, turning speed and inertia
btw, i will try with the second demo to put defenders into attack to see how they manage to "make a fool" of Inter players

This dribbling issue would be fixed, just like the sprinting issue, if we had unique (error based) touches. I always go on and on about this, but it's because it's such a huge thing in football. Defenders are worse to go past players because of their touches not being as evenly good as other player's touches. How good your last touch on the ball is, makes or brakes whatever you're trying to do. They make you have to slow down, speed up, change direction and so on. PES still have perfect touches every touch (besides first touches) and this is, to me, the reason why players like Gattuso looks too good on the ball from time to time.

it's extremely difficult imho to find a balance between animations, responsiveness, turning speed and inertia
btw, i will try with the second demo to put defenders into attack to see how they manage to "make a fool" of Inter players

I think 'in general' people want a better or more apparent animation for the touches which are somewhat close/tight. But it's only the first demo so i'm not really concerned with this yet as are a lot of others

This dribbling issue would be fixed, just like the sprinting issue, if we had unique (error based) touches. I always go on and on about this, but it's because it's such a huge thing in football. Defenders are worse to go past players because of their touches not being as evenly good as other player's touches. How good your last touch on the ball is, makes or brakes whatever you're trying to do. They make you have to slow down, speed up, change direction and so on. PES still have perfect touches every touch (besides first touches) and this is, to me, the reason why players like Gattuso looks too good on the ball from time to time.

lol almost similar posts or at least the intention

Honestly why are people like Jimmy, Zee and others wasting their time responding to danyjr? He is acting like an imbecile and thinks his opinion trumps everyone else's.

Has he even acknowledged that he was wrong about his supposed fact in regards to online pass assistance. NO.

Is he going to accept he is wrong in other areas? Most likely no. Best thing to do is ignore him and move on with areas that actually do need important feedback sent to Konami.

I hope people here realize that in this day and age, A.I for a football game can only go so far without resorting to certain things that some would consider cheating. Like the automated tackling.

I really don't give a rat's ass about the CPU having to cheat to remain challenging, it could be worse.

But the online remains to be seen.

Is there any reason as to why the time-specific strategy options were removed, or are they just not in the demo?

I'm guessing Konami believe their AI IQ is high enough to adapt to both the preset system and the match events intelligently, therefore encouraging the user to do the same rather than have set-up time strategies. *hums Doctor Who theme*

However, compared to the time-specific stuff, which I heavily edited for most teams in the game and could see the differences when playing against them, will the 4 presets even be used I wonder by the CPU now they're seemingly at the forefront of the team management options?

So what's the issue then? You agree that they aren't nearly as agile or efficient when dribbling as Neymar/Robinho. It retains the sense of individuality without exaggeration.

If we use your analogy, PES 2011 was simulating a Nissan Altima as a Lada. PES 2012 is closer to reality.

I was never approving of PES's elephant touches and lagged response times, if you don't believe me you can view my earlier posts. It can be said that player touches and ball control in PES 2011 and PES 2012 are exaggerated, albeit in opposite ways. Well, that is my opinion anyway.

Has he even acknowledged that he was wrong about his supposed fact in regards to online pass assistance. NO.

What facts? Bring evidence and I might give a shit.

Oh God. Your a fucking idiot. You have just rendered your entire series of arguments redundant. I hope others see this and ignore this troll like I am about to do. :BYE:

HINT - GO BACK A FEW PAGES AND READ. COMPREHENSION MIGHT HELP YOU LATER ON IN LIFE.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was never approving of PES's elephant touches and lagged response times, if you don't believe me you can view my earlier posts. It can be said that player touches and ball control in PES 2011 and PES 2012 are exaggerated, albeit in opposite ways. Well, that is my opinion anyway.

here

Very important
online we can set the pass support as we wish,no default settings

NicolasVh from wenb

Quote:
I just checked this. You can just alter the passing setting to the level you like. There seems to be no default. But maybe once in a ranked game, it could be a default setting. I don't know. I'm the only one online, so can't play an online game.

just ask him to be sure, it's pesblog_be on twitter

True, but it's more so it's effectiveness, and how the A.I. seems to 'let him in around the back' off that type of pass that concerns me. It's not the defenders parting like the Red Seas problem from PES 11, but it is there, just less blatant.
Take AC Milan, for example. Get the ball in midfield with either Seedorf or Boateng, set Ibrahimovic on an assisted run until he reaches the opposition defence, then lob it over the top and he's in. Nightmare online this one.
Apparently though, they are tightening up defences for the second demo so we'll have to wait and see what impact this has on this.
I know moves like this happen in real life, but i can do it at least 4 or 5 times in a game, more if i tried. I just wish that it was the active AI that made these type of runs for me instead of me triggering it. As these type of goals (once in a while), look great when they come off.
It happened last season when Man City played Aston Villa in the Europa league. Ya Ya Toure sent an over the top defence splitter to Balotelli who ran onto it and finished first time. It looked absolutely astonishing as it happened and even more sublime in the replay.
I want to score these type of goals in pes 2012, but i would like it to happen naturally.

instead of fixing the cause he tries to fix the outcome

thats the point since NG titles..
hes absolutely right..

oh and how comes no one is mentioning this new burst runs or how this thing is called..its not balanced..
i can leave behind 2-3 players from a standing position with the ball easily, and now it comes, with old lame players..
i tried it with totti and it works.. he never was that fast lol
never

Take AC Milan, for example. Get the ball in midfield with either Seedorf or Boateng, set Ibrahimovic on an assisted run until he reaches the opposition defence, then lob it over the top and he's in. Nightmare online this one.
Apparently though, they are tightening up defences for the second demo so we'll have to wait and see what impact this has on this.
I know moves like this happen in real life, but i can do it at least 4 or 5 times in a game, more if i tried. I just wish that it was the active AI that made these type of runs for me instead of me triggering it. As these type of goals (once in a while), look great when they come off.
It happened last season when Man City played Aston Villa in the Europa league. Ya Ya Toure sent an over the top defence splitter to Balotelli who ran onto it and finished first time. It looked absolutely astonishing as it happened and even more sublime in the replay.
I want to score these type of goals in pes 2012, but i would like it to happen naturally.

I've tried this in 30 min matches on Professional and it was not easy at all to get this in, could be me though (keep in mind)
The AI defence as well as my own defence/AI was not 'susceptible' to this. Especially the sudden stop by the defender rendering him useless to the opposition was barely noticeable. For a second i thought of this 'bug/error' just being there in regular 10-15min games just to make it easier to score, which i'm almost sure it is (hope i'm wrong x2)

thats the point since NG titles..
hes absolutely right..

oh and how comes no one is mentioning this new burst runs or how this thing is called..its not balanced..
i can leave behind 2-3 players from a standing position with the ball easily, and now it comes, with old lame players..
i tried it with totti and it works.. he never was that fast lol
never
I did. Have you tried it with Pato? He's on another planet.

Very important
online we can set the pass support as we wish,no default settings

NicolasVh from wenb

Quote:
I just checked this. You can just alter the passing setting to the level you like. There seems to be no default. But maybe once in a ranked game, it could be a default setting. I don't know. I'm the only one online, so can't play an online game.

I think it is too early to say anything. Also, whether you can change your assistance settings or not doesn't matter if your opponent can have 4 bar full assistance.

Oh God. Your a fucking idiot. You have just rendered your entire series of arguments redundant. I hope others see this and ignore this troll like I am about to do. :BYE:

HINT - GO BACK A FEW PAGES AND READ. COMPREHENSION MIGHT HELP YOU LATER ON IN LIFE.

Yeah, you won't be missed.

HINT:
YOUR - belonging to you
YOU'RE - abbreviation of "you are"
THERE - indicating a specific place
THEIR - belonging to a group of people
THEY'RE - abbreviation of "they are"
IT'S - abbreviation of "it is"
ITS - belonging to something
could of, should of, would of - Wrong, could have, should have, would have

GRAMMARZ MITE HELPS YOUS LATER IN LIFE INNIT

I've tried this in 30 min matches on Professional and it was not easy at all to get this in, could be me though (keep in mind)
The AI defence as well as my own defence/AI was not 'susceptible' to this. Especially the sudden stop by the defender rendering him useless to the opposition was barely noticeable. For a second i thought of this 'bug/error' just being there in regular 10-15min games just to make it easier to score, which i'm almost sure it is (hope i'm wrong x2)
I think it will have been looked at already, as they have said it is going to be harder to score. Interesting though the difference the match length makes to the gameplay. Can we play 20 minute matches online yet?

I did. Have you tried it with Pato? He's on another planet.

whats wrong with u?

its not about the gap, its about the bottom line is much too easy and fast
i shudnt be able to do it like this with such players
game turns into a fast paced ice skating

what do u think will happen online in a ranked match with barca v real?
let it be speed 0(too fast)
burst runs + off the ball right stick player runs...
hush hush run run speedfest deluxe.. :WORSHIP:
thats what we want..

I think it will have been looked at already, as they have said it is going to be harder to score. Interesting though the difference the match length makes to the gameplay. Can we play 20 minute matches online yet?

At first i was a bit sceptical to try it out, but it only played for the better. I'm not exaggerating, you have to play it to believe it.

whats wrong with u?

thats what we want..

Is the burst trick fixed speed? Or does it differ per player?

i dont know, but if its fixed(what i dont think)then good night pes R.I.P :COAT:

i think its depending on the stats of a player
but its still way too effective for slow players
thats my point
its a good feature but not like this

They could easily implement this by not being able to :r1: :r2:burst with a player with less than x amount of explosive power, or to whatever stats it's linked.
They should/could leave the other bursts intact because i barely use the aforementioned and they seem ok.

Will probably be looked at

Yeah, you won't be missed.

HINT:
YOUR - belonging to you
YOU'RE - abbreviation of "you are"
THERE - indicating a specific place
THEIR - belonging to a group of people
THEY'RE - abbreviation of "they are"
IT'S - abbreviation of "it is"
ITS - belonging to something
could of, should of, would of - Wrong, could have, should have, would have

GRAMMARZ MITE HELPS YOUS LATER IN LIFE INNIT

you sir, are a waste of time.

Does anyone have a video of this burst move? How is it different to the R1+R2 knock on in previous games? I've not seen it yet I dont think......

whats wrong with u?

thats what we want..
I never said it was a good thing, I only made an observation and a correct one at that. Online will be what we all expect it to be - exploitable and totally exacerbated with these new additions, as i have hinted in previous posts.

I think it is too early to say anything. Also, whether you can change your assistance settings or not doesn't matter if your opponent can have 4 bar full assistance.

you don't get the point
you said online was ping pong passing by default, in fact it's not if you play at minimum assistance
and you can't say if the full assisted will be in favour of your opponent
remember that even if it's easier to pass with full assisted a good Pes player will advantage the added freedom coming from less assistance
anyway, the problem is the same with Fifa, full manual against full assisted, in Fifa it's even worse because the difference between full assisted and full manual is immense, and no one complains so much about it, everyone accepts to play the game as he wants, so why do you complain with Konami when EA didn't solve this problem either?

P.s. Sorry if i made a mistake writing in English, it's not my first language :))

Last edited:
Actually, I’m getting to grips more with the system and defending a lot better with the realization that they’ve* pretty much removed the tackle button.* The AI auto tackles and leaves you to do the positioning.* It is now a pressure button rather than a stick your leg out and tackle button.* I could time my tackles and defend well without extreme pressuring in previous versions when viewed as a tackle button with the left stick to control levels of pressuring, but now but the timing is dependent on when to apply pressure in a more forceful way and when to hold off, not with the mindset of when to stick your leg out.
It’s difficult to explain if anyone managed to get what I was on about but I can see the direction they are taking with it, and viewed in this sense it is more balanced than what I gave it credit for.
But, some of the looseness and floatiness is still there, I still miss some of the more weighty, solid feeling of some players, even as professionals some players ARE clumsy on the ball in real life, that is why the dribble accuracy, dribble speed and to some degree technique stats were there, Titus |Bramble (and the likes of his type of player) may be a professional but he is heavy, ponderous and unsure on the ball, and the individuality is reduced somewhat as a sacrifice for the increased responsivity, with dribbling still a bit too overpowered with more of an emphasis on attacking play, that is something that imo can’t be disputed and needs tweaking. Simply put I think there needs to be bigger differences as they aren't great enough for some players.

How much it affects the enjoyment of the game may be another thing, as I'm still having fun with it and the amazing AI, but with a nagging feeling of them needing to balance it a bit more.

remember that even if it's easier to pass with full assisted a good Pes player will advantage the added freedom coming from less assistance

It doesn't matter. Online play is all about a fair match, and I believe both parties should have the same settings, unless they both agree otherwise. I hope there is an option to filter your opponents by the amount of assistance they use, like in FIFA.

Besides, I really don't get the point why full assistance on passing can work to your disadvantage because you can always go manual by holding manual pass button regardless. In a way, you got the best of both worlds.

P.s. Sorry if i made a mistake writing in English, it's not my first language

It wasn't directed towards you :))

Back
Top Bottom