PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Has there ever been a Pro Evo where the computer hasn't lost all composure as soon as you hold down keeper charge? The CPU seems incapable of scoring in 1 v 1 situations when i do it. Often they just don't shoot and i collect the ball from their feet.

On several occasions I've witnessed the AI do a fake shot or a little feint to round my keeper and score when I rush him out.

So if the PES demo doesn't come out for the 360 this week, and the FIFA demo is next week (PES 2nd demo is apparently coming out around the same time) will we even get the first demo?

If we get the 1st demo but the PS3/PC get the 2nd demo, then we have to wait even longer on the 2nd demo... I'll lose it.

Release dates are planned well in advance so the fact their not saying gives me the impression that the demo wont come out until after the games released here in USA which is Sept 27th.

Cant complain tho getting the game 2.5 weeks early here in the states ;)

Ok,here's a little thought from someone knocking on in years,regularly reads you folks informed posts and who has played PES/WE since the beginning.
I believe Konami are on the verge of something very special with this game which,possibly,only the hardcore fans of the series will ever experience to its true value.
By that I mean something that has never happened,in my experience,with any other version of the series and has brought a rather large grin to this wizend old face.I enjoy playing the computer more than a human.
Why?Simply because the AI has the ability to now play very much in a human way but at a higher level and finally provide the epitomy of a thinking mans football game.In other words a proper full-on,in yer face game where you'd better know your own teams strengths and that of your opposition otherwise your going to be in for a long and frustrating season.
The casual gamer is probably never going to experience half the depth in this game unless they put in the time needed to relearn the way to play the game both control wise and tactically.
Never looked forward more to a computer game and thats quite sad I suppose.
Sorry for the long post.I'll get back to my rocking chair.
Agreed, only when you dig beneath the surface do you see what PES is truly all about.

If you just take it at face value, PES appears to be a somewhat dated, average game.
If however, you can look beyond that and delve deeper into the gameplay/controls and appreciate the football, then you'll have a superb game that can give some magical moments.

I actually feel sorry for people unable to appreciate PES, they really are missing out.

Just played about 10 games in a row . I could have sworn I was back to playing PES 11!:PUKE:

First off, when holding R2 to defend manually, your player does not intercept balls that are just inches away. Holding R2+A or just holding A fixes that problem, but for people like me who want total control it's quite disappointing.

Loose ball situations need a lot of work; 99.9% of the time even if you get there first, the AI will just clip through you to gain possession.

Also, when defending against the AI, the delay between switching players and gaining control is still too long, resulting in a short pause before they are able to move again.

With all of the improvements made to the AI (increasing difficulty), I had hoped that the CPU would be governed by the same rules as the player (passing accuracy, momentum, reaction time). Unfortunately, I don't think this is the case.

That said, I still enjoy the referees, tackling collision detection and ball physics. I also enjoy the challenge of breaking down a team tactically and figuring out the best way to break through their defense. Scoring in this game feels like an accomplishment and really sucks you in. A little more balance is needed before I fall completely in love.

Edit: Jimmy that strike was perfect! Love the way he wraps his foot around the ball and snaps it outward.

On several occasions I've witnessed the AI do a fake shot or a little feint to round my keeper and score when I rush him out.

I haven't seen them round my keeper once unfortunately. I don't make him rush all the time but whenever i do the computer just doesn't seem to shoot.

My favourite VDM track is probably Darwin's Voyage

Whut?!?! Brings me all the way back to '99!!
I'll have that one split with Fly Away.. but Carte Blanche rules all

On topic.. I'm still enjoying the demo, never played a demo so extensively.

I bow to Seabass

Whut?!?! Brings me all the way back to '99!!
I'll have that one split with Fly Away.. but Carte Blanche rules all

On topic.. I'm still enjoying the demo, never played a demo so extensively.

I bow to Seabass

I bow to you! :D

I cant put the pes2012 demo down either, I'm playing the PC demo with yair's gameplay patch 0.6 - sexy times!

Dunno about you guys but one of my favourite players in the demo is Estoyanoff, wish I could buy him in ML, will have to cheat and transfer him to free agents so I can buy him for the PC version of the game :D

I bow to you! :D

I cant put the pes2012 demo down either, I'm playing the PC demo with yair's gameplay patch 0.6 - sexy times!

Dunno about you guys but one of my favourite players in the demo is Estoyanoff, wish I could buy him in ML, will have to cheat and transfer him to free agents so I can buy him for the PC version of the game :D

Hahaha :D Man Trance was the shit back then.. usually everything that was released became an instant classic!

I'm going to buy Nagatomo from Inter, he's great as LB.. Can't wait for the 2nd demo.. which is coming out when exactly? lol..
I probably figured it out anyways by the time someone replies to it

I have been scoring lot of goals lately, where the ball drops between keeper and defender and they both miss out. GK feels stupid in this situation, though all of us know defenders do miss out sometimes because of their height/jump. I know the GK hv been talked about a lot, but yesterday i scored a 30yard goal through keeper's legs.:CONFUSE: and it wasn't fiercely hit aswell.

Beautiful shot indeed, R2 Shot??

No it wasnt an R2, just a head down and smash the fucker. The body angle, posture and strike was perfect, technically. As was the whip at the end. They really nailed that. Funnily enough, he scored another quite similiar in the very next game, then another two games later. Only that one was with the outside of the boot and bent the other way. :WOOT:

I've always played Aguair in the default DMF role, but since tweaking Penarol's formation and moving him to the AMF role, he's been a sensation. What a player. I'll be making a compilation video of him at this rate. :)

i have to admit that this demo is the most funniest and most dissapointing of them all, if you look and study the way players move and pass the ball, it's just like fifa. where is the pes feel gone?

i have to admit that this demo is the most funniest and most dissapointing of them all, if you look and study the way players move and pass the ball, it's just like fifa. where is the pes feel gone?

Probably cause it has more animations now?

I must admit though the Winning Eleven demo feels a lot better than the PES one although the keepers and the cameras are still totally gash. This deffo needs to be fixed

It hasnt gone anywhere, it's just evolved in the name of progression. Does this new Demo play the most realistic football to date ? In my opinion, yes. By a long, long way.

Funny how people on this forum bashed FIFA 10 over ping-pong passing, rightly so but in PES the problem is in fact much worse than that of FIFA's and you hear nothing about it. Can't believe the *intelligent* people here don't see it. Or let's say they don't want to see it being on the honeymoon.

Funny how people on this forum bashed FIFA 10 over ping-pong passing, rightly so but in PES the problem is in fact much worse than that of FIFA's and you hear nothing about it. Can't believe the *intelligent* people here don't see it. Or let's say they don't want to see it being on the honeymoon.

If you try to be critical you better learn your facts. That is more "intelligent" than shouting in the dark ;).
There is a general complaint about the passing in the demo, but Konami has already fixed it for later builds. With good passing ( more differences between manual and helped ) , ping-pong-passing is not so easy.

Ping-Pong ? Give your head a shake........

Playing on 1 Bar Pass Assistance with Penarol is far less assisted than PES 2011. Simple as that. Take it off your 4 Bars. ;)

Back
Top Bottom