PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

This is quite stupid.. if the game is over..

Is it sure that we can't change clubs?

Anyone have write a week ago that we can change clubs.

What is now? Can we change or can't we change?

Proxi was guessing. Personally I think it's VERY unlikely that Konami would add something like losing your job without then being able to manage a new club. It's completely different from getting a game over for having no money because that is easily avoidable - don't spend too much money. Being sacked for coming 4th with Man City is not player controlled - it's a CPU decision that could in some cases be seen as unfair (as it can in real life) - so I can't see Konami letting you get sacked without then being able to carry on elsewhere.

Proxi was guessing. Personally I think it's VERY unlikely that Konami would add something like losing your job without then being able to manage a new club. It's completely different from getting a game over for having no money because that is easily avoidable - don't spend too much money. Being sacked for coming 4th with Man City is not player controlled - it's a CPU decision that could in some cases be seen as unfair (as it can in real life) - so I can't see Konami letting you get sacked without then being able to carry on elsewhere.

I hope you are correct mate, how long till we get a full review of ML (FL)??

WOw.... i gotta say i'm surprised here. I'm playing the we2012 demo right now and i'm starting to notice some subtle things that clearly tell me that it's more polised version.

Some first touchs really reminded me more of pes 2011, wich is a good thing. I'm playing at -1 and dribbling, turnnings, movement in general really look and feels different. Individuality shines more, definetly. I'm playing with Napoli and some players compared to Lavezzi are really, and the good thing is that lavezzi doesn not have that super dribbling skills, is more human.

Players really feel more humans in we2012 demo in -1 speed.
Passing feels slightly smoother.

I realy hope this is not just a false impression. But it's been very clear now in the last 3 minutes. Even the grapics looks a bit sharper in night match.

I'll pay more to confirm.

No way... WE 2012 DEMO RAPES PES 2012. Nothing to say. SImple as that.

The funny thing is that i never really noticed, but it's very clear for me now.

One thing that is MUCH better in we demo is long balls with circle button. ball physics are a lot less floaty, a lot more useful, i have much better control.

I won't play pes 2012 demo anymore. This alone is enough.

On PC i really don't know where to find it, but on pc you just have to create a japanese account. Find any tutorial on google to create a japanese account.

I really thought that the demos were the same. I actually donwloaded the japanese version even before than the european version.

Now i decided to give the we demo a go to notice some things that are really lacking in pes 2012, and it's clearly there. More variety and dificulty in first toucs are there, ball controll are mor human like (in -1 speed), long balls (circle) are SO MUCH better in terms of physics and control you have over them. I'm asking myself how i didn't notice that lol

We demo 2012 is clearly better.

Nuevas celebraciones de PES 2012:
En este PES 2012, tendremos nuevas celebraciones, hay mas y mas variadas que el año pasado:

* Celebracion Saludo Japones
* Celebracion Subirse a la valla
* Celebración 5 Volantines seguidos
* Celebración saltar a los suplentes
* Celebración agradecer al compañero
* Celebracion Cogiendo el balón

Las celebraciones también han sido mejoradas en los penales; ahora al
anotar un gol, los jugadores celebrarán
como si fuera un gol normal (no de penal), se tirarán al césped o correrán a abrazarse con sus compañeros, así como estos últimos cuando sea el penal decisivo ellos correrán a festejar y aumentará el grado de celebración cuando sean finales de competencias o Ligas.

Así como también cuando fallen el penal, se lamentarán de una forma mas realista y cuando sea el penal decisivo sera aún mas emotiva.

New celebrations PES 2012:
In this PES 2012, we will have new celebrations, there are more and more varied than last year:

* Japanese Health Celebration
* Climb the fence Celebration
* 5 kites followed Celebration
* Jump to alternates Celebration
* Celebration to thank the fellow
* Catching the ball Celebration

The celebrations have also been improved in the prisons, now
scoring, the players held
like a normal goal (no penalty), the pitch will be thrown or run to hug their colleagues and the latter when they run the decisive penalty to celebrate and increase the degree of celebration when they are late or league competitions .

As well as the penalty when they fail, they will mourn in a more realistic and when the decisive penalty will be even more emotional.

So when players are awarded penalties they will celebrate and when they miss a la Roberto Baggio they will weep. There's also some new general celebrations like the world famous Japanese Health celebration that we all know and love.

Last edited:
Some of those celebrations aren't new, and pretty sure Adam said there were lots of new "fantasy" celebrations like Michael Jackson's moonwalk and stuff. It will obviously be my celebration in BAL. I'll wear the hat too. :P

Last edited:
I am REALLY looking forward to this game now, I popped PES2011 back in with the intention of carrying on my ML campaign, couldn't be bothered after one match. It was awful. All the old problems came flooding back. Had almost all of the ball, the AI set itself out with 5 at the back and THREE defensive midfielders so close to the defence they were pretty much level on the pitch diagram. Absolute joke of an AI. As usual I had 15 shots on target to their 3, the game ended 2-2. Both AI goals came as a result of a complete balls up from the game mechanics - both from through passes of which I could do nothing to intercept, and one of them from my keeper going barmy and rushing out only to get chipped despite me not wanting him to come out at all.

Almost every time I don't win in PES2011 I come away feeling like I've been mugged, robbed of a win from overly clinical AI finishing and crappy AI code. PES2012 demo however doesn't feel like that at all, the game just looks impressive when it scores. None of this through pass defaulting itself into the path of the striker bollocks. And I've still to experience a goal conceded that felt like it was due to the game's faults screwing you over. AI in PES2012 actually tries to play football against you, rather than 2011's attempt of setting up ludicrous 8 or 9 man defensive formations and spamming 'through pass' to it's solitary forward.

Compared to PES2012, 2011 is awful. It was a step in the right direction, but a while away from the game and having played 2012 shows up just how flawed it really was.

Some of those celebrations aren't new, and pretty sure Adam said there were lots of new "fantasy" celebrations like Michael Jackson's moonwalk and stuff. It will obviously be my celebration in BAL. I'll wear the hat too. :P

I want the mean lean!

OMG! you like The Fast Show too? I love you even more now! you like PES, Trance & The Fast Show, woo!

And get a room you 2 ;)

New celebrations PES 2012:
In this PES 2012, we will have new celebrations, there are more and more varied than last year:

* Japanese Health Celebration
* Climb the fence Celebration
* 5 kites followed Celebration
* Jump to alternates Celebration
* Celebration to thank the fellow
* Catching the ball Celebration

The celebrations have also been improved in the prisons, now
scoring, the players held
like a normal goal (no penalty), the pitch will be thrown or run to hug their colleagues and the latter when they run the decisive penalty to celebrate and increase the degree of celebration when they are late or league competitions .

As well as the penalty when they fail, they will mourn in a more realistic and when the decisive penalty will be even more emotional.

So when players are awarded penalties they will celebrate and when they miss a la Roberto Baggio they will weep. There's also some new general celebrations like the world famous Japanese Health celebration that we all know and love.

It's Japanese greeting. So im guessing some kind of bow.

Jump the bench players

thank your teammates. maybe a handshake

Pick up the ball. Sounds like when they pick it up from the net and hurry back to the kickoff spot.

OMG! you like The Fast Show too? I love you even more now! you like PES, Trance & The Fast Show, woo!
The Fast Show? Oh, I wouldn't know about that sir.... Haha yeah, I bloody loved it. Oh for Ron Manager to be the co-commentator on PES :LOVE:

"Jump the bench" celebration? Is that a Gattuso special for when Spurs come to town?

I am REALLY looking forward to this game now, I popped PES2011 back in with the intention of carrying on my ML campaign, couldn't be bothered after one match. It was awful. All the old problems came flooding back. Had almost all of the ball, the AI set itself out with 5 at the back and THREE defensive midfielders so close to the defence they were pretty much level on the pitch diagram. Absolute joke of an AI. As usual I had 15 shots on target to their 3, the game ended 2-2. Both AI goals came as a result of a complete balls up from the game mechanics - both from through passes of which I could do nothing to intercept, and one of them from my keeper going barmy and rushing out only to get chipped despite me not wanting him to come out at all.

Almost every time I don't win in PES2011 I come away feeling like I've been mugged, robbed of a win from overly clinical AI finishing and crappy AI code. PES2012 demo however doesn't feel like that at all, the game just looks impressive when it scores. None of this through pass defaulting itself into the path of the striker bollocks. And I've still to experience a goal conceded that felt like it was due to the game's faults screwing you over. AI in PES2012 actually tries to play football against you, rather than 2011's attempt of setting up ludicrous 8 or 9 man defensive formations and spamming 'through pass' to it's solitary forward.

Compared to PES2012, 2011 is awful. It was a step in the right direction, but a while away from the game and having played 2012 shows up just how flawed it really was.

Same here, I didn't like PES2011 since from the beta, it has some good free passing but the AI is cheatfest and the scripting really apparent.

After a few hours on PES2012 demo I have to agree with you that when AI scores you dont feel robbed.
The game is a lot better than PES2011 even if I think the foundations are really weak and frail.

How a mate said some posts ago they are trying to upgrade a 10 yo Toyota hoping to get a Ferrari.

[...]I'm also finding the lack of analogue movement on the analogue stick (ie, half push = half speed) slightly jarring when defending. Often I want to be moving backwards at about half the pace the striker is coming on but I have to choose to either move backwards quicker than him or not at all.

When you want half the pace maybe this will help:
While holding :r2: ,just release :x: for a split second and then press it again.
You can do that more than once, so while still holding :r2: , tap several :x: times until you reached the position you want.

Hope it helps :)

Last edited:
Just a few nice goals that I've notched to date. The first goal by Ibra is very cheeky back-heel flick, then there is a long range R2 shot from Lavezzi, never possible before. The Elano dribble, some nice FK's, and the best footballing move I've created yet. Also, a long-range screamer from Lavezzi. :)

YouTube - Goal-Fest

Last edited:
The Fast Show? Oh, I wouldn't know about that sir.... Haha yeah, I bloody loved it. Oh for Ron Manager to be the co-commentator on PES :LOVE:

"Jump the bench" celebration? Is that a Gattuso special for when Spurs come to town?

:P Ron Manager as commentator on PES, now that would be brilliant :D

Best sketch ever in that show is the vegetable drinking game with Ted & Ralph! Makes me crack up every time.

lol yeah, sounds like a Gattuso special alright :)

Btw, I just checked sweatybastardsmusic and saw you like Vincent De Moor as well, man you bloody have good taste sir :D

Last edited:
When you want half the pace maybe this will help:
While holding :r2: ,just release :x: for a split second and then press it again.
You can do that more than once, so while still holding :r2: , tap several :x: times until you reached the position you want.

Hope it helps :)

What I am doing is using the r2 button as you would an accelerator in a racing game, only in the opposite way. Depress it slightly and the player will close the gap. Or maybe my r2 button is broke, I am not sure, give it a go Rod.

What I am doing is using the r2 button as you would an accelerator in a racing game, only in the opposite way. Depress it slightly and the player will close the gap. Or maybe my r2 button is broke, I am not sure, give it a go Rod.
Not sure about that. Apart from that, I think it is harder to give it just the right amount. Tapping :x: looks simpeler to me, but if that works for you, why not? :)

Back
Top Bottom