PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I tend to use X to get my player close, as soon as he is a few feet away, I then add R2 to X to start the retreat jockey. Works a treat. :)

Rod if you're playing on PC then you should download Yair's 0.6 update patch and Jenkey's extra 30 teams. The improvements to the GK's and the physics help tremendously and i do hope it's something that will be more akin to how the final release plays. The extra teams just allows you to sample the style of play that other clubs have. AC Milan and Napoli are too grossly overrated in the vanilla demo to appreciate. I therefore only get to understand how the game plays with outdated Porto and Man United teams and then there's Penarol and Santos whom i have no previous established knowledge of the type of football they play.

Thanks for the headup, now the demo is indeed more playable and the extra-teams are a real nice treat, the only thing missing is a patch to extend playtime to 15 or 25min. Goalkeepers and passing is better, but the goalkeepers are still not on the level of PES 2011, they parry too much into the middle right into the feet of the opponent's strikers.

Played with Real Madrid against Barcelona and both goals resulted after the goalkeeper spilled the ball into the middle.

But what do you think of the camera-options? I'm not really happy with any of them, widecam, my favorite in PES 2011, doesn't seem to be the same anymore, seems to be more close to the action.
Sideview camera is nice as an alternative but not as the one I would play as the default camera.

I hope that in the retail version widecam becomes again the widecam it was or that there will be some cam-editor so that we can define angle, distance... for ourselves.

And while at it, what is going on with Wayne Rooney, he runs a lot behind the ball, I keep passing the ball around my back-players, back and forth and Rooney follows every ball passed, never tiring... PES is really in need of a two-tiered stamina/fatigue-system to punish this behaviour.

Jimmy that Ibra back heel is sweet. What camera do you play?

I play Wide, I love the depth it gives to the pitch. I'm not really a graphics whore, it's more about the playability for me, and that camera gives me the vision I like.

Cheers Si, all of those put a big smile on my face. Especially the passing move goal. :)

The Ibra goal was an R2 shot by the way.

Last edited:
My eldest nephew came round last night for a couple of games. Like me he loves his footie games and it was the first time i had played 1v1. WOW! what can i say straight away he was loving it, he kept saying "i dont believe it Seabass has done it again" :LOL:

We only had time for 2 games (he was cursing when he had to leave) Both games were tight affairs. AC Milan 2 Man utd 2, i playing has milan had to come from 2 goals down, very satisfying. I wish i had my fraps running because the equaliser was a peach, i worked the ball down the farside of the pitch playing right to left, played in my overlapping RB who got the cross in but the ball came to just inside the box facing the goal and my player picked it up. then with 2 defenders blocking my way i took a quick turn to the right then immediatley turned back around onto the left this looked great has i wrong footed the defenders, then BOOM! rifled one into the top left corner. Fantastic! The other game was just as intense but finished 1-1.

When i also showed my nephew the off the ball controls and defending mechanics he couldnt smile wide enough. :)

I bet you let out a little sex wee when you scored that Ibra goal! :D

My face looked like this ..... :WOOT:

It was scored on our Lads Night session actually, and the original sound recorded was brilliant as all the lads were giving it the 'No fucking ways' and 'Oooooooo's' with plenty of laughs as I was recording it whilst watching the replay. Priceless. :)

how do i get players to be behind the attacker

r2 and x

then release r2 for the player to make a stab at it

any news on the new mlo mode?

how do i get players to be behind the attacker

r2 and x

then release r2 for the player to make a stab at it

any news on the new mlo mode?

Sprint goal-side first, giving yourself a couple of yards. Or, press the Right Stick and aim it in the direction of a player/defender in a deeper position, then cursor switch to him. Then press X to close the distance, then R2 and X when a few yards away. Release R2 to stab at the tackle. Timing is everything.

No real MLO news apart from player contracts and some other bits and bobs that I've forgotton already. :CONFUSE:

after playing this game for a good five days now, i must say im very very impressed, i cannot wait for the full game, i like the way that konami even tho they have advanced the ai they didnt make it cheesey as in not everyone looks for space intelligently which i love cause seriously not everyone looks for the ball like xavi does and i also like when all assists are off not every player passes and shoots the same, i believe the individuality comes into full effect once all the assists are switched off , what i also like is not every single full back constantly making forward runs, it all depends on the fullback and the type of card he has, iv been playing pro evo since it was born and this game destroys every other pro evo ever made :-)

Just a few nice goals that I've notched to date.
Some excellent moves & shots in there, I love the Lavezzi screamer the best!
:P Ron Manager as commentator on PES, now that would be brilliant :D

Best sketch ever in that show is the vegetable drinking game with Ted & Ralph! Makes me crack up every time.

lol yeah, sounds like a Gattuso special alright :)

Btw, I just checked sweatybastardsmusic and saw you like Vincent De Moor as well, man you bloody have good taste sir :D
Oh god aye, plenty of awesome sketches & guises in TFS. I love Unlucky Alf, the Anyone Fancy A Pint guy, the Fat Sweaty Coppers, Monkfish, the Offroaders, Chip Cobb, so many more. I watched the season 1 DVD a while ago and still creased over when on the credits for an episode they preview "The Happy Skinhead".

Vincent De Moor is indeed the man. Must get a compilation vid going and shove "Flowtation" over it. Joyous.

Speaking of Gattuso & making a bit of bother, am I the only secret thug in here who wishes there was a button to press for if you wanted to take a bad tackle further? For things such as going to shove the culprit over, knowing you'd be sent off but "hey what the hell"? I kind of wish there was a temperament stat or player card. Three bad tackles on a headcase and they'll retaliate or plan a similar style of revenge - if you're still on the pitch.

Oh god aye, plenty of awesome sketches & guises in TFS. I love Unlucky Alf, the Anyone Fancy A Pint guy, the Fat Sweaty Coppers, Monkfish, the Offroaders, Chip Cobb, so many more. I watched the season 1 DVD a while ago and still creased over when on the credits for an episode they preview "The Happy Skinhead".

Vincent De Moor is indeed the man. Must get a compilation vid going and shove "Flowtation" over it. Joyous.

Speaking of Gattuso & making a bit of bother, am I the only secret thug in here who wishes there was a button to press for if you wanted to take a bad tackle further? For things such as going to shove the culprit over, knowing you'd be sent off but "hey what the hell"? I kind of wish there was a temperament stat or player card. Three bad tackles on a headcase and they'll retaliate or plan a similar style of revenge - if you're still on the pitch.

Haha yeah, Unlucky Alf delivering the flowers, remember that sketch? I love the Channel 9 sketches too.

My favourite VDM track is probably Darwin's Voyage

And yeah, I agree, I wish there was something like that too, I remember on one of the old Kick Off games you could retaliate to tackles lol :)

Last edited:
paul-whitehouse.jpg
..............'aint PES Brilllllllliant ? !!

I love the Fast Show, own every episode. The best sketch-show ever in my opinion.

Never felt comfortable with Ted and Ralph though, ever. :CONFUSE:

Edit - Love those in off the bar Kouroux. ;)

Last edited:
LOL Jimmy :D

Yeah, its comedy at it's best, shits all over Little Britain and every other sketch show, I liked Big Train a lot too.

And yeah, Ted & Ralph was funny but awkward, that sketch where Ralph deliberately keeps forgetting things so he has to get on the bike with Ted and he's got a really big smile on his face as he has his arms around Ted, lolol!

Now for on topic.... I managed to figure out how to make a Japanese PSN account and I tried the Winning Eleven 2012 demo last night, although it's all in Japanese so it's bloody difficult to set things how I want, the demo plays really well, feels much better to play than the 'pes 2012 demo' imo, everything feels more fluid :)

The more I play it and the more I realize shooting is truly amazing (except the spastic outside ones which look more like bugs).The variety of trajectory are related to the area of the foot which connects with the ball.I love when you take a powerful shot and during the descending phase it can hit the net.Screamers were usually like straight arrows.

Has there ever been a Pro Evo where the computer hasn't lost all composure as soon as you hold down keeper charge? The CPU seems incapable of scoring in 1 v 1 situations when i do it. Often they just don't shoot and i collect the ball from their feet.

I think next year Konami should focus on intelligent (but realistic) decision making from CPU attackers when choosing when to actually shoot. In addition to the above all too often i'm seeing the CPU shoot first time in odd positions when they have so much time to take a touch. Kind of like how as a human player i will press the control button to bring down a ball in an awkward situation if i know i'm not going to be able to make clean contact with it. The computer rarely seems to do this in the box, choosing instead to shoot, often waywardly and from horribly awkward body positions. Sometimes it takes away from my win knowing if the computer made more realistic decisions (i stress realistic over better) they probably would have beat me. They do love their cut back goals though, they've mastered those.

Last edited:
Ok,here's a little thought from someone knocking on in years,regularly reads you folks informed posts and who has played PES/WE since the beginning.
I believe Konami are on the verge of something very special with this game which,possibly,only the hardcore fans of the series will ever experience to its true value.
By that I mean something that has never happened,in my experience,with any other version of the series and has brought a rather large grin to this wizend old face.I enjoy playing the computer more than a human.
Why?Simply because the AI has the ability to now play very much in a human way but at a higher level and finally provide the epitomy of a thinking mans football game.In other words a proper full-on,in yer face game where you'd better know your own teams strengths and that of your opposition otherwise your going to be in for a long and frustrating season.
The casual gamer is probably never going to experience half the depth in this game unless they put in the time needed to relearn the way to play the game both control wise and tactically.
Never looked forward more to a computer game and thats quite sad I suppose.
Sorry for the long post.I'll get back to my rocking chair.

Ok,here's a little thought from someone knocking on in years,regularly reads you folks informed posts and who has played PES/WE since the beginning.
I believe Konami are on the verge of something very special with this game which,possibly,only the hardcore fans of the series will ever experience to its true value.
By that I mean something that has never happened,in my experience,with any other version of the series and has brought a rather large grin to this wizend old face.I enjoy playing the computer more than a human.
Why?Simply because the AI has the ability to now play very much in a human way but at a higher level and finally provide the epitomy of a thinking mans football game.In other words a proper full-on,in yer face game where you'd better know your own teams strengths and that of your opposition otherwise your going to be in for a long and frustrating season.
The casual gamer is probably never going to experience half the depth in this game unless they put in the time needed to relearn the way to play the game both control wise and tactically.

Spot on! thanks for that, always nice to hear the views of long time members :)

I'm with your old ass on that, agree completely with every word written. Including the Rocking-Chair bit. :)

So if the PES demo doesn't come out for the 360 this week, and the FIFA demo is next week (PES 2nd demo is apparently coming out around the same time) will we even get the first demo?

If we get the 1st demo but the PS3/PC get the 2nd demo, then we have to wait even longer on the 2nd demo... I'll lose it.

Last edited:
Haha yeah, Unlucky Alf delivering the flowers, remember that sketch? I love the Channel 9 sketches too.

My favourite VDM track is probably Darwin's Voyage

And yeah, I agree, I wish there was something like that too, I remember on one of the old Kick Off games you could retaliate to tackles lol :)
Yeah man, with the woman coming out of the house dead! Hahaha. And when he bought a parrot and it just insulted him. I do remember that on Kick Off actually, ground-breaking stuff! :D

paul-whitehouse.jpg
..............'aint PES Brilllllllliant ? !!

I love the Fast Show, own every episode. The best sketch-show ever in my opinion.

Never felt comfortable with Ted and Ralph though, ever. :CONFUSE:
Haha, I have to agree it's my favourite sketch show too. Some brilliant ideas and truly great comedy timing.
LOL Jimmy :D

Yeah, its comedy at it's best, shits all over Little Britain and every other sketch show, I liked Big Train a lot too.

And yeah, Ted & Ralph was funny but awkward, that sketch where Ralph deliberately keeps forgetting things so he has to get on the bike with Ted and he's got a really big smile on his face as he has his arms around Ted, lolol!
Bloody hell, that was hilarious. And the scenes down the pub for Ted's birthday, excellent.
Now for on topic.... I managed to figure out how to make a Japanese PSN account and I tried the Winning Eleven 2012 demo last night, although it's all in Japanese so it's bloody difficult to set things how I want, the demo plays really well, feels much better to play than the 'pes 2012 demo' imo, everything feels more fluid :)
Right, now I'm going to have to get this tonight. Had a Jap account for ages, I like having an excuse to use it. My ID = wangtangnoodle

What a top post by kgulls, fully agree.

I want to be like you when I grow up :SMUG:. Well said though but we are in the age of instant gratification no forepplay just straight to the sticky icky...kids these days hey. As long as King seabass is there and he isnt poisoned by the "fans" we will be okay me thinks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom