PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Funny how people on this forum bashed FIFA 10 over ping-pong passing, rightly so but in PES the problem is in fact much worse than that of FIFA's and you hear nothing about it. Can't believe the *intelligent* people here don't see it. Or let's say they don't want to see it being on the honeymoon.

No, it's not. I misplace lots of passes so cannot agree with you.

I thought the pass assistance was said to be broken in the demo?

More or less, ( difference between Semi and manual ) but Konami has fixed that for the final version.
In that final build things are much better, according to WENB in the podcast.

Peach of a goal Jimmy :).

Also liked OPM's goal at the top of this page, those strikes rarely (if ever) happened on 2011 :).

If there's anyone on here who can have access to the WE demo then please do. I think its a more polished game over all. Pass assistance seems to be working better than PES.

Agreed, ping-pong is hardly there. Even from the AI, they use more cunning ways to get through or over you. Tried it on the demo a while ago just to see how it would work and it gets picked up by the AI. Also, the lazy button pressing often leads to an under-hit or over-hit pass, as you have to concentrate more due to things being more contextual. But, I play with zero assistance.

Tried the WE2012 demo last night on the PS3. It is indeed more polished. Ball physics are a little heavier, passing & shooting therefore just a little meatier. Other slight improvements.

Put the pass assistance off, many passes go astray, if you think it's not like old WE/PES it's because it's moved on. Everything changes and it's a matter of opinions, if you like PES 5, then go play it, but don't try and kill it in here with you negative thoughts, we've heard you " it's broken " it's on rails" ping pong " we got the point.

can't seem to enjoy this demo im not gona force myself like i did with pes 2011, konami mentioned of a second demo in september, maybe if it goes like this we can ask for more demos until me make our minds up with which pes game is the correct one, im spoiling the game that konami messed up, fair enough the animations are there but how do we play this game?

Ping-Pong ? Give your head a shake........

14b58c4.gif

Hitting a first time shot after a teammate's lay off can unleash some monsters lol.
I hit a shot like with Rooney and it hit the crossbar then the ground and finally the crossbar again but went out at the end

Ping-Pong ? Give your head a shake........

Playing on 1 Bar Pass Assistance with Penarol is far less assisted than PES 2011. Simple as that. Take it off your 4 Bars. ;)

I'm playing both demos on 0 pass assistance. Player assistance all turned to off. Is there much difference between 0 and 1 bar for pass assistance?

Agreed, ping-pong is hardly there. Even from the AI, they use more cunning ways to get through or over you. Tried it on the demo a while ago just to see how it would work and it gets picked up by the AI. Also, the lazy button pressing often leads to an under-hit or over-hit pass, as you have to concentrate more due to things being more contextual. But, I play with zero assistance.

Tried the WE2012 demo last night on the PS3. It is indeed more polished. Ball physics are a little heavier, passing & shooting therefore just a little meatier. Other slight improvements.

You deffo buying the game for PC this year mate yeah? I find the game annoying on ps3, the lack of editing for one, plus frame rate issues on cutscenes and replays piss me off too, plus the graphics look shit :(

btw, The Digital Blonde - Trina is a TUNE, dunno if u know that one :D

Last edited:
Anything is possible in this game..

Played Galatasaray vs Bosnia 4-2 and scored 3 headers! Yoehoee

I take a free-kick from just over the center line and it goes deep into opposition's box, Felipe Melo wins the header and then..

YouTube - PES 2012 Crazy Header

And look at the position switch here by my forwards before the ball's crossed.. just amazing

YouTube - PES 2012 Lovely Header

Excuse me for having no sound, but it's a short anyways..

Last edited:
For me the game does suffer from slight issues in passing - and how much of that is down to the player assistance being borked will remain to be seen, frankly I felt the passing was just a little too much in preview code so. Still, I wouldn't say it was like FIFA 10's 'ping pong passing' - passes do miss and there is this sense that they are simulating inaccuracy to a much greater and much more logical extent than either FIFA 10 or 11 - just that generally the error is too toned down. There is still error (basically, there wasn't in FIFA 10), and it doesn't cripple the passing game (like it does in FIFA 11). For me it just needs to be tuned up a bit... and then there are the blind passes, 180 passes, spinning passes, which I'd like to see both games try to deal with but basically, neither of them have.

Last edited:
I'm playing both demos on 0 pass assistance. Player assistance all turned to off. Is there much difference between 0 and 1 bar for pass assistance?

I've tried all of them but 1 seems to be the most realistic for me, especially playing with the Copa Teams and Penarol exclusively.

The main area which grates for me is the blind passes, 180 passes, spinning passes, which I'd like to see both games try to deal with but basically, neither of them have.

I agree with this, it's somewhat implemented but i'm guessing this isn't fixed in the retail. Animation wise it looks weird too often..

Funny how people on this forum bashed FIFA 10 over ping-pong passing, rightly so but in PES the problem is in fact much worse than that of FIFA's and you hear nothing about it. Can't believe the *intelligent* people here don't see it. Or let's say they don't want to see it being on the honeymoon.

Congratulations, you are evo-web's Victor Meldrew :D

victor_25669t.jpg

Back
Top Bottom