PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

is it confirmed that we wont have untucked shirts and low/high socks?
im still trying to spot one in the videos..no lucy though..so im starting to get afraid konami riped this from the game like in pes2007(xbox360)
untucked shirts it's in about socks i don't know yet

What about edited kits being visible (to you, the player) when playing online? I am so tired of seeing Chelsea in their proper kit when playing against mates at home and then gasping in disbelief as they wear the Konami London kits when I play online.

Does anyone have any news about this? The same goes for the chants that you can apparently add. Can these be used online?

Hello everyone, new here.
Well i downloaded the gamersyde video, between thets a bad site to download big files, and i found the gameplay to be very good. The animations are still stiff, but i thing better than 08, but what really got me was the defenders strenght, u can clearly see that there wasn't so many chances in the game, not that the players weren't trying hard, this time the defenders were organized so it was difficult to find them off guard. What i personally see in this pes vid is that the same ammount of control that u have with the player in control of the ball you have with the defender, i can clerly see this because it is one of my main grips with fifa 08 wich i have been playing the most recently.
It's lookin real nice
Sorry for the big post and bad english;))

it should be the same on all next-gen platforms, since there hasn't been a "platform exclusive" feature announced ala EA for the PS3....

Hello everyone, new here.
Well i downloaded the gamersyde video, between thets a bad site to download big files

Bad site? I downloaded the 60fps vids from there at 2.5mb/s, nothing bad about that site, did you use a download manager? If not you're the one to blame not the site :)

Bad site? I downloaded the 60fps vids from there at 2.5mb/s, nothing bad about that site, did you use a download manager? If not you're the one to blame not the site :)
Yeah man i did it with download manager, but the problem is that i don't have a nice connection and it kept disconnecting, that always happens to me on that site.
Peace

How crazy would it be if Bayern's stadium was in the game yet the actual team isn't?!

That dosen't mean anything as there was always Asian, Japanese, And African stadiums in the PES series despite the fact that none of the teams that actually played at those stadiums were ever in the game.

Well if this true it would be very suprising that Konami are only now just including this stadium into the game. as Bayern have been using the stadium for 3 and half seasons now.

The stadium really shouldv'e been included in the series from PES5.

Egypt is now added to the African teams according to Adam at WENB.

Yeah man i did it with download manager, but the problem is that i don't have a nice connection and it kept disconnecting, that always happens to me on that site.
Peace

I use getright and add every mirror they list and use 5 connections, maxxes out my 24mb :)

That dosen't mean anything as there was always Asian, Japanese, And African stadiums in the PES series despite the fact that none of the teams that actually played at those stadiums were ever in the game..

Those teams are not important like Bayern are.

Rob92 said:
we just have differing opinions on the two football titles. Let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that eh? :)

Good morning, gents.

Definitely, mate. I am all for agreeing to disagree.

I don't really mind criticism to PES, as long as it is thought out and not bashing it for the sake of it.

What really gets on my nerves is when people (and by "people" I am really talking about "everyone", not Rob92 specifically) try to force others into agreeing with them - especially on the criticisms. That's just wrong, and contributes in no way to the discussion, leading only to pages of

a: X is crap.
b: X looks fine to me.
a: oh, come on. you can see that it is the most unrealistic thing.
b: seriously, I'm happy with it. I can't see why you keep mentioning it.
a: here's a video. why do you always react like that to criticism?
b: it is a lousy video. I can's see a thing there. if you look closer, you can see that X is not so crap.
a: well, it is not crap when Z happens, but when I see it on a real screen, most of the time it looks crap.
b: why do you keep mentioning this? can't you go bash something else?
a: why can't you take logically based criticism?

If you look back, this is the pattern here - not necessarily with user A, B or C, but with lots of users.

User a stated his opinion that "a is crap". Fine by me. User b stated his opinion that "X looks fine by me".

Afterwards, if goes down into a spiral of a trying to make b agree with him, and it ends up in nothing except endless posts revolving around this discussion. And I'm just counting the posts that these two make - surely there are other users that will get in the middle and agree with one or another, and a single post there with new bits of info.

I can accept that you (and by you I mean the plural, as in everyone):
- find the keepers to be weak,
- that you find the defenders to not keep track of their positions,
- that you feel that the ball doesn't bounce correctly,
- that the players' animations are terrible
- that the game going back to PES5 or 3 or whatever for inspiration is a step in the wrong direction
- that the ball stops dead at the feet of the player,
- that you criticize the game for not having analog movement
- that you dislike the game's passing methods for not being flexible enough in what concerns precision
- that you feel that there's no point in having the CL license if the teams aren't licensed
- that you criticize the Master League for being fantasy, and not a full-blown manager career simulator as in FIFA
just to name a few.

What I don't like - and really gets on my nerves - is when this turns into a monologue because of people trying to make other people agree with them on such points.

While I accept that you have different opinions - and many here do - you also have to accept that there may be people (like me, for instance) who:
- find the keepers to be adequate, and don't have a problem with them
- find that the defenders' positions are realistic enough, and hope that they can be fine-tuned in the formation screen
- feel that the way the ball bounces is fine as it is
- feel that the player animations are not a problem as they are
- like that the game is going back to PES 5 or 3 or whatever to get inspiration
- feel that the way the ball moves while dribbling is not a problem at all
- don't really mind that the game still has 8-direction movement
- are ok with the current passing method
- like the idea of having a licensed Champions League in the game, no matter what clubs are licensed
- like the game for the Master League exactly NOT being a full-blown manager career simulator as in FIFA, and just asimple mode where you get a team of nobodys and try to lead them to the top by playing games, evolving the players, and trading players without much fuss.

Bear in mind that this does NOT mean that such a person (once again, like me) doesn't think that
- the keepers can still be improved
- the players positions could be improved
- the ball bounce could be fine-tuned
- the players animations could be re-done
- going back to PES5 is more of a safe decision than necessarily a forward-looking one
- feels that the ball movement during dribbles could be improved
- the option of 360º analog movement would be an interesting addition
- the option of full-analog passing would be good for the game
- having all the CL teams licensed would improve the CL experience
- having a full-blown manager career simulator in PES would be a great new mode (even though it would NOT be the master league, but a mode apart - I do like the Master League format as it is)

What I feel is that many people have a problem with agreeing to disagree, and try to force their view on others.

If you keep on trying to make other people agree with you on everything, it will all go off-rails once again, aye? ;)

Once again, this post is not directed at Rob92 personally; it begun as an answer to his post, but it led me to get arguments from many others that I remembered along this thread.

Peace then? :)

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

When will the PES2009 floodgates open so that we can get all the info we are waiting for? Was it tomorrow? I for one am extremely exited about the new Edit Mode as it feels like the old days when we patched WE/PES. Great days full of ruined DVD-R's and many an hour spent in front of Game Graphic Studio, boot-packs and chant patches.....oh yes, great days indeed.

If the Edit Mode is as expansive at is sounds then we will have all the old boys back on here making pics and sounds to brighten up (or tone down!) our beloved PES. Can't wait!

animation2tf1.gif

and

animation3cg7.gif

;)

Does anybody know if the jpg import feature works on the 360?

Brilliant antraxa! Thanks a lot!

(you should put an epilepsy warning before the images, though... The infinite loop is quite disturbing :P ).

cool
do u have any info if theyll be like in2008 that you coundt set untuked from the edit mode?

yeah, Thomas, can u at least give us a hint, whether the player has untucked shirts set all the time(via edit mode) or only becomes untucked during the match?

About PS3 and Pal version:

All PS3 are region free so they can be played on any PS3 of the world. However, if you want to be 100% sure you can play the game, you need an LCD/Plasma TV, some games do not play on onld TV's since they are PAL or NTSC, not ATSC normative like LCD/Plasma TV's.

PES2008 PAL played fine in NTSC CRT TV'S.

About PS3 and Pal version:

All PS3 are region free so they can be played on any PS3 of the world. However, if you want to be 100% sure you can play the game, you need an LCD/Plasma TV, some games do not play on onld TV's since they are PAL or NTSC, not ATSC normative like LCD/Plasma TV's.

PES2008 PAL played fine in NTSC CRT TV'S.

Thanks,

Good morning, gents.

What I don't like - and really gets on my nerves - is when this turns into a monologue because of people trying to make other people agree with them on such points.

While I accept that you have different opinions - and many here do - you also have to accept that there may be people (like me, for instance) who:
- find the keepers to be adequate, and don't have a problem with them
- find that the defenders' positions are realistic enough, and hope that they can be fine-tuned in the formation screen
- feel that the way the ball bounces is fine as it is
- feel that the player animations are not a problem as they are
- like that the game is going back to PES 5 or 3 or whatever to get inspiration
- feel that the way the ball moves while dribbling is not a problem at all
- don't really mind that the game still has 8-direction movement
- are ok with the current passing method
- like the idea of having a licensed Champions League in the game, no matter what clubs are licensed
- like the game for the Master League exactly NOT being a full-blown manager career simulator as in FIFA, and just asimple mode where you get a team of nobodys and try to lead them to the top by playing games, evolving the players, and trading players without much fuss.

What I feel is that many people have a problem with agreeing to disagree, and try to force their view on others.

If you keep on trying to make other people agree with you on everything, it will all go off-rails once again, aye? ;)

Once again, this post is not directed at Rob92 personally; it begun as an answer to his post, but it led me to get arguments from many others that I remembered along this thread.

Peace then? :)

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

Couldn´t have said it better myself ,totally agree with every single word

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom