PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

Nah thats 2008 with some updates to the Grpahics to make it look like 2009...

Guys,does anyone really know the answer for this Q:
Will you be able to "tilt"/change the camera, as you could in previous versions. Not being stucked with the same angle?

I think its a big issue.
what do you think?

Guys,does anyone really know the answer for this Q:
Will you be able to "tilt"/change the camera, as you could in previous versions. Not being stucked with the same angle?

I think its a big issue.
what do you think?

sadly its not in the game this year:COAT:

I've got a feeling this game isn't going to be so good.

Why are you waisting all your precious talent on these forums Sherlock, when there are so much unsolved mysteries ratteling the world??:))
Just kiddin' m!;))

I am quietly very optimistic, it looks like Konami have re-worked a lot but still kept the positives from PES2008 (which I frankly still enjoy a hell of a lot, even online). The Edit Mode is shaping up nicely which is very important to me. I'd even go as far as to say that I'd rather spend hours getting kits and chants right myself than buy a game thats licensed to the eyeballs i.e FIFA. Nice to be able to change the kits as you please.

What I'd really like to see make an appearance is the ability to select kits before the matches on other game modes asides from the normal match.

A couple more days to PSM3.

Sorry, I lost track of the days. With WENB down, also, I couldn't confirm the date, but I thought that PSM3 sent out mails to the subscribers saying that the mag would only be sent by August, 29th?

Still, yes, the supposed NDA ends on August, 28th, which is tomorrow in fact. My bad.

this is PSM3 new? :S:

46370393no7.jpg

19832204jh5.jpg

bad note 13/20

this is PSM3 new? :S:

46370393no7.jpg

19832204jh5.jpg

bad note 13/20

The title says: "Edition 2009 brings nothing new..."

They end it with: "It's not this year that PES will come back like the way it used to be. The faults of the 2009 edition are to big to even find an shred of joy (playing it).

Man I read the rest of the article 2 and they are ripping PES 2009 to shreds...

Pfff

Well, is this the BIG MASSIVE ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE PSM3 ONLY?
They hate the game man.

Well, is this the BIG MASSIVE ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE PSM3 ONLY?
They hate the game man.

only there psm3 france? no psm3 english?

EDIT: the big announce is of PSM3 english

Last edited:

Looks like another year of the PS2 version on my PS3.

That article simply shows my exact thoughts about the game (having seen all the videos,read all previews and knowing the saga from iss makes it easy to know what's coming). A great article, unbiased I may say, they simply point the obvious flaws of the series in PS3, nothing of importance solved or reworked.

I can have faith on pes 2010 if they do it all from scratch, but pes 2009 sounds like another terrible flop from all the sources I have (journalists, friends who played demo...).

I don't have time to translate it all for you, but they focus on:

AI: terrible again, with positional work being bad. Wings are always desserted again, a lot of traffic in the center of the pitch that makes a ping pong effect far from the build up pace of real football.
CONTROLS: They illustrate with some examples the absolute lack of depth of the control. As you can't do things manually, CPU decides things for you, and it seems it's again a random process at times. New control introduced for moving the player without the ball seems to add nothing to the game.
GOALKEEPERS: They seem to have evident flaws and let easy balls in, or simply move to the wrongs positions now and again.
ANIMATION: They simply state they are ridiculous for next gen and make the game be a bad cover of PS2 in HD version.
COLLISIONS / BALL PHYSICS: They state they have changed slightly but continue to be below standards in nowaday gaming, specially collisions between players.

They are also critic with the "fantasista" mode (or whatever it's called, right now I can't remember) as the AI is terrible and they won't pass the ball for most of the time. No word about Legends online, though.

They have played hundreds of matches, it seems. The only remarkable positive is the faces from near.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom