PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

If that article holds any truth to it then I guess I'll have to stick with PES 6 on my 360 for another year.....:COAT:

this is PSM3 new? :S:

46370393no7.jpg

19832204jh5.jpg

bad note 13/20

sorry guys but is that image scanned ? or by a digi cam.

cause if scanned. its FAKE.

since I work in the graphics and printing, when u scan a printed object like a magazine you will have halftone screens and the printing dots, if you zoom in the pic you will notice thats a DIGITAL image and NOT a Printed image.

unless its taken from a camera. but if it was taken from a camera it does not make sens the edge blurring.

Relax guys as that is FAKE ;)

That article simply shows my exact thoughts about the game (having seen all the videos,read all previews and knowing the saga from iss makes it easy to know what's coming). A great article, unbiased I may say, they simply point the obvious flaws of the series in PS3, nothing of importance solved or reworked.

I can have faith on pes 2010 if they do it all from scratch, but pes 2009 sounds like another terrible flop from all the sources I have (journalists, friends who played demo...).

I don't have time to translate it all for you, but they focus on:

AI: terrible again, with positional work being bad. Wings are always desserted again, a lot of traffic in the center of the pitch that makes a ping pong effect far from the build up pace of real football.
CONTROLS: They illustrate with some examples the absolute lack of depth of the control. As you can't do things manually, CPU decides things for you, and it seems it's again a random process at times. New control introduced for moving the player without the ball seems to add nothing to the game.
GOALKEEPERS: They seem to have evident flaws and let easy balls in, or simply move to the wrongs positions now and again.
ANIMATION: They simply state they are ridiculous for next gen and make the game be a bad cover of PS2 in HD version.
COLLISIONS / BALL PHYSICS: They state they have changed slightly but continue to be below standards in nowaday gaming, specially collisions between players.

They are also critic with the "fantasista" mode (or whatever it's called, right now I can't remember) as the AI is terrible and they won't pass the ball for most of the time. No word about Legends online, though.

They have played hundreds of matches, it seems. The only remarkable positive is the faces from near.

Ouch!

ps. if true, what the hell were the wenb guys bought for?

since I work in the graphics and printing, when u scan a printed object like a magazine you will have halftone screens and the printing dots, if you zoom in the pic you will notice thats a DIGITAL image and NOT a Printed image.

unless its taken from a camera. but if it was taken from a camera it does not make sens the edge blurring.

dont know, this is on wearepes:

http://www.wearepes.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=27&topic=6671.msg144113#msg144113

Read my post guys... technicaly the image is fake.. u can never scan a PRINTED image and get the same quality of a DIGITAL image as printed images are in CMYK. hence when u zoom u will see the cmyk dots.. i checked it and thats a Digital image .. as when u zoom you will just see pixels. I think someone with a lot of time on his hands.....

p79colr.jpg

that is how a scanned pic would look like if zoomed in

Last edited:

i think it may be real !

very concerned.. if it turns out to be real, i will cancel pre-order

Hi.

No, that is not the big announcement - the big announcement is in PSM3 UK, related to the Edit mode.

It really seems they didn't like the game that much.

However, I find that they didn't explore the game very deeply - either that or we're in for a big, unpleasant surprise - in what concerns the "Become a Legend" mode.

They say that you cannot ask for the ball to your team players, and that it is "like 'Be a Pro', but a light version".

Up until now I've been assuming that you are able to ask for the ball by double-clicking R2. I could almost swear that this was present in some of the playtests we read about a couple of weeks ago.

I would assume that they were just rushing their impression on this mode at least. The "Become a Legend" mode, if based on the Fantasista mode and with lots more seasons than the "Be a Pro" mode, and with the integration with Legends... I can't see how would they call it "Be a Pro, light version".

Nonetheless, if in the final version you are unable to ask for the ball, I wouldn't be surprised - you were unable to ask for the ball on PES2008 using fix cursor... I would, however, be terribly disappointed.

I'd rather believe it is a simple distraction, and that they just didn't give it a chance. I can almost recall a "Legends" picture, where a player is asking for the ball...

The rest doesn't surprise me. I'll still reserve my judgement for after playing the game.

I wonder if they are somehow trying to make up for last year having been so enthusiastic about it, and the game not doing so well...

I guess PSM3 is not on the adboards this year :D

Best regards, and cheers for the scans jjoseca!

Paulo Tavares

No way that is fake, what idiot would take so much time to make this and release it 1/2 days before the mag hits. Really stupid.

Dude, who's going to bother to fake an entire article, you are barking up the wrong tree. They obviously just don't like the game.

Man its either Fake or not scanned ( shot with a camera ). END OF STORY

Dude, who's going to bother to fake an entire article, you are barking up the wrong tree. They obviously just don't like the game.

man, I am not trying to defend no one. but TECHNICALY that image is not scanned using a SCANNER. cause the result will be like the pic i posted, I am stating FACTS man.

Even I dont seem to understand who really have the time to do it.

Yeah it is shot with a camera I think, this isnt supossed to be leaked so I think someone who had a look made a picture, you cant get the mag and make scans when its supossed to be out 1/2 days lateer.

Yeah it is shot with a camera I think, this isnt supossed to be leaked so I think someone who had a look made a picture, you cant get the mag and make scans when its supossed to be out 1/2 days lateer.

Exactly, well said. It not exactly big news that someone would dislike the game, this is genuine, I think we can probably expect better reviews from other sources though but, actually, if any review was looking for a NEW game engine, they have to mark PES 2009 DOWN.

thats what i tought.. But why do you have the blurr effect in the corners to make it look like a mag scan ? thats what does not make sens to me!! when u take a digi image with a camera you will have a full image

thats what i tought.. But why do you have the blurr effect in the corners to make it look like a mag scan ? thats what does not make sens to me!! when u take a digi image with a camera you will have a full image

Interessting, and how about if someone scanned it, and made a screenshot from his screen, opend paint and saved it, maybe that's what the guy did?

yeah, i tried zooming it in, it seems like it is a digital image....

46370393no7gp9.jpg

31593770el5.jpg

plus notice that the mid section seems out of place, the side of the top page is blurred yet the mid section is not. it looks weird tbh, maybe he cut the magazine while scanning it? lol

not trying to spoil things around here btw....hehe

Last edited:

all of the photos in the mag are from the trailor. But it seems like a lot of useless work to be a fake.

It is useless work, but u can't write it off as fake because there are some people who would do things like this. Heck, WENB was hacked....

GIANNI:

I completely see where you're coming from, but I believe that you would only be able to see those details if the images had enough resolution.

I believe them to be true.

No problem whatsoever for me.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

its not fake

but all you fanboys WISHED it was, going by the videos i can believe everything said on that article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom