PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

Actually Gianni is correct. You may not see it with the human eye but scanning an image and zooming in 300% + will clearly show the print marks he is talking about.

Yeah I realize that, which was why i said "clearly visible" (meaning "easily visible") regarding the specific picture of the PSM magazine. ;) You could see individual paper fibers if you have high enough resolution and zoom. But the low-res picture that was posted was most likely not enough to make any conclusion, which was my point.

Plus, since GIANNI did in fact use that low-res image to make a case of it being fake since you could not see print dots, he logically must have expected to see print dots big enough and visible enough to appear on such a low-res image. Which means that his conclusion that it was fake was indeed based on a false premise, being that you'd be able to spot print dots on low-res pictures (and since he spoke very generally about it, it sounded like it would always be possible to see print dots, which clearly isn't the case since I used my Mag as an example).

I never said that print dots aren't visible, but I said that even with my human eye I couldn't see dots on my RESET mag, so it would be absurd to make a case that print dots should be expected on a very low-res mag scan.

Long story short, I don't see how he was correct in any other way than stating that yes, print dots do exist in certain printing techniques (a claim which I haven't challenged in any way). ;)

Last edited:

It's not a good time to be a PES diehard fanboy. Others can simply try something new but for these diehards, there's no alternative. They will simply have to get used to it's shortcomings.

Just wondering but does the french PSM3 usually give a score in their preview because i've never seen a magazine do it and i found it odd
I don't think the english PSM3 does that, does it?

:lol:

Trance, I actually say the same thing in my post later on. Didn't realise the point you were making about being digital low-res ;)

from seeing al the gameplay vids, i can confirm from my self that the article is REAL!

:lol:

Didn't realise the point you were making about being digital low-res ;)

Yeah, I didn't state that one clearly I think, my bad. I was inferring it based on my statement about having a RESET mag and not seeing print dots with my eyes (the point mainly being that my eyes resolve quite alot better than a 1000x1200 pixel image).

But, I obviously knew what I meant, and the point was to get that across to others, which I think slightly missed the mark. ;)

Also yeah, you said the same thing in your post later on, I read it, but I just said it again in my own words because, hey, why not (make sure to claim copyright in the future). ;)

Excuses again. "Oh, I can't see that because of the quality of the video".

Why do you always have to contest every bad word said about the game? :SS

badgerman you are like an abused housewife who stays with her husband no matter how many beatings he dishes out, call it denial if you will ;-)

This is a preview is that right? If it is everyone need to chill out and wait for the reviews to come in or play the game themselves to make up their mind as you can always sell it or exchage it if you dont like it. :DD

I'm surprised that France is more of a Pro PES country than us but I'm more surprised that Konami don't pay more attention to the cradle of the football world which is Europe. If they win us over with an excellent game then they are laughing.:BY:

Want an interesting info? I'm watching my Sporting Clube de Portugal being butt-raped by Real Madrid, in Barnabeu Stadium, and I just saw some PES 2009 adboards...

We had seen some in a Liverpool match a while ago, and someone made a connection to it being licensed in PES (either the club or the stadium, I don't recall).

Is this old news? Or does anyone fancy making a connection? If it comes up again on the telly, I'll try to take a picture with my cell-phone.

Edit: Here's the picture just in case anyone's interested.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

Last edited:

Hi guys, just logged in and saw the comments.

well just to make things clear. I am not a Fanboy, just saw that pic and commented regarding that pic. For me fake or not fake it does not make a difference since I will still be getting the both Fifa and Pes, as this year I think both will be great.

Now re the image. you CANNOT see the dots by a naked eye. unless we are talking about a 60lpi dot which is not the case for offset printing. usually perfecta dot 300+ is used .. I am not saying its fake, not at all as there is a possibility that the actual image is true, but its just that on that particular image i have some doubts thats all..

sorry if some people taught i was a fanboy or got mixed up cause of me cause that was not what I intended.

Regards

Gianni

By no means, GIANNI.

It's always nice to have an expert opinion, and to learn how to spot a fake next time ;)

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

cheers pjft :) it coul also be tired eyes after 8hrs infront of my mac hehe

Btw HI guys, My name is Gianni from Malta, been playin pes since the PS1.

It's not a good time to be a PES diehard fanboy. Others can simply try something new but for these diehards, there's no alternative. They will simply have to get used to it's shortcomings.

"It's not the way of the Samurai...you have to dig deep and find the inner light which will show you the true meaning of football video gaming...."

-Me :WORSHIP:

yeah if you see that fifa fans get at least 1 vid a day. And i don't want to see another match with portugal, argentinie, brazil or france.
Brasil, I want. The anothers, I don't want see neither.

anybody buying the psm3 mag 2moro,if i pick it up il post my thoughts on it. those french guys didnt hold back did they im sure the french mag will be out this week aswell so the truth will out

bet after all the hype therell be f@ck all in psm3 that is new imformation,thinking about it konami probably made the edit mode amazing so we wouldnt complain about the gameplay. thats probably why they took it out of pes2008 cos they realised they had a stinker on their hands so adding the edit mode back in this year would be seen a great step forward when truthfully it should have been in pes2008 in the 1st place(like in the ps2 version)

Last edited:

What did PSM ay about PES last year?

I don't buy mags or read game websites in general as I'm not actually that much of a nerd. Infact I only really play Pro Evo for its brilliantness and Everybodys Golf for the same reason. I've also got MGS4 and GTAIV but those sorts of games just collect dust after they've been completed.

badgerman you are like an abused housewife who stays with her husband no matter how many beatings he dishes out, call it denial if you will ;-)

Sorry, what's this about?

I guess I'm just a football nut craving that bit extra, I cannae quit it.

Adam from wenb is saying that;
Well podcast will be up soon, we’ll have a report on the PSM3 UK article soon. But unfortunately its a let down:(

bad news guys, it sems that the french magazin was true after all

What did PSM ay about PES last year?
Gerd says earlier in the thread that they were previously big PES fans and that their reviews were glowing.

I don't believe for one second that the image is fake. It's professionally written, no mistakes (according to the guys I know who have read it), and I'd be surprised if anyone is sad enough to write that much just for the sake of a fake picture. It would be more like a blurry headline saying "PES2009 IS SHIT" with the rest cut off.

But one review is nothing. If you look hard enough I'm sure you can find glowing reviews of PES2008, and you don't have to look very hard on Evo-Web to find people who still enjoy it.

Well, when do OPM release their magazine, would be interesting to see what they say...

Talking about major magazines beeing bought out by companies to make sure not a bad word is said, EA have more money, maybe they told them to right crap reviews :D I highly doubt it however.

But so far, for PES not sounding any good, from PSM anyway.

Hopefully the PS2 version is good, as I have to defend my trophy at my local GOALS and I dont really want to if its on a crap version, I doubt the PS2 one will be that bad, just hope they dont play it on the 360 and PS3 at this rate.

I know this is a bit off topic, but when do Fifa reviews hit shelves in magazines?

WTF

why are WENB not talking about the edit mode? i thought they had edit mode on the version they played :?

i wanna know if i can choose untucked shirts or not :|

wenb said a week ago that untucked is in but not selectable in the edit mode, im 90% sure of this

Also look at this

065090188001.jpg

"End of revolution" it says apparently the the inside is very veyr negative

Well, when do OPM release their magazine, would be interesting to see what they say...

Talking about major magazines beeing bought out by companies to make sure not a bad word is said, EA have more money, maybe they told them to right crap reviews :D I highly doubt it however.

But so far, for PES not sounding any good, from PSM anyway.

Hopefully the PS2 version is good, as I have to defend my trophy at my local GOALS and I dont really want to if its on a crap version, I doubt the PS2 one will be that bad, just hope they dont play it on the 360 and PS3 at this rate.

I know this is a bit off topic, but when do Fifa reviews hit shelves in magazines?

Maybe you can try the fans in the FIFA thread...oh wait they're all here (my bad).

WTF

why are WENB not talking about the edit mode? i thought they had edit mode on the version they played :?

i wanna know if i can choose untucked shirts or not :|

Adam said this in comments on WENB

I’ll do a post in the embargo stuff in the morning. PSM3 UK went into edit mode a little bit (one little box in the feature ffs), so I’m a bit pissed about the NDA. They did confirm one thing, the ability to send option files through the game and share with friends. Everything else guys we know

Seems annoyed that they were under embargo about edit mode and article didnt even say much about it from that i guess article be up later about edit mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom