PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

I see Cammey coming to slash the no untucked shirts option in edit mode :lmao: :lol:

Also look at this

065090188001.jpg

"End of revolution" it says apparently the the inside is very veyr negative

:(

this game is dividing opinion like no other

Its a play and see game

I remember a time when everyone loved pes :(

wenb said a week ago that untucked is in but not selectable in the edit mode, im 90% sure of this

Also look at this

065090188001.jpg

"End of revolution" it says apparently the the inside is very veyr negative

Fake !!!

Oh God, someone go round to Cammy's to make sure he doesn't top himself. No option to select untucked per player.

hey guys, I have to admit that I re checked the image this morning, and that the images are indeed printed.( if you look at the red wording u can see some miss registration, a hint of yellow arround, as red is done from magenta and yellow... sorry for the mix up but 8 hrs infront of a comp can play some tricks on the eyes and I was indeed tired.

Here it is guys editing article now up on WENB. :))

http://www.winningelevenblog.com/news/edit-mode-explained/

Sounds like were are getting a "decent" edit mode this year. Its' dissapointing that we aren't going to be able to choose who has an untucked shirt like in previous versions.

This random assigning of untucked shirts will be much like Neckwarmers in PES2008.

And the limit of 40 images isn't great as it will mean that we can only import a certain number of kits for each team. I don't see why they can't allow us to import as much things as we want depending on how much free memory is left on the hard drive.

I have got the english version of PSM3 today.

They have a 10 page preview of PES2009. They talk about all facets of the game, most of which we already know. They look at Edit mode and again is much of what we already know (import MP3's, Pixal Paint Editing etc), however one change with the photo importing is this time round you can load photos of your PS3 hard drive using any digital camera. They talk about lots of other stuff.

They postive about the gameplay, back up what WENB said, much like PES5 and say this is the game that should have been released last year, they say gameplay is slower and more physical. They say it is not an evolution but more of a confident upgrade.

Unfortunately I am unable to post scans as last time I did so got a PM from someone from Future Publishing warning me that they would take action next time I posted scans of their magazine.

any word on online play ( lag ) ? .... servers are not probably up anyway ....

I'm very pleased about the edit mode. Regarding the swapping of option files, I hope their is a way to download certain parts of other people's files so that it doesn't override all the changes one has already made too their default file.

no new gameplay-vids

Last edited:

On a large Dutch Xboxsite (xboxworld.nl) they have tested fifa09 and pes09and they come to a clear conclusion after a four page article with good objective comment and arguments:

Final judgement of the both preview-codes:

"My conclusion is simple: playing both games has only one overall-winner and that is FIFA. Of all facets of the game is FIFA the winner; except on one aspect. The gameplay of PES is slightly better, but i mean slightly. On all the other aspects FIFA is the boss over PES. (...). On the other hand it's clear that Konami is waking up and i am hoping that this step back means in the end a few steps forward".

In the article self he describes a lot of things. He says that PES will not have online lag even in 2 vs 2 games, but didn't tested that selve, because option was not available. The writers says: i'll only believe that if i see it myself.
He also describes that after a lot of games, FIFA's game dynamic is not on a par with PES. He noticed that with FIFA he plays during the games always the same stramin (that goes someway automaticly), with PES it's the old-scool variety of gameplay and looking for a hole in the defence, with a very slow but good gamespeed. This appears the reason for him to announce PES still the (subtile) winner on gameplay.

sando thats why I will be getting both games ! :) cant really wait, I think both Pes and Fifa this year will be awesome. we should all be happy as for Football Video Gamers this year will rock !

sando thats why I will be getting both games ! :) cant really wait, I think both Pes and Fifa this year will be awesome. we should all be happy as for Football Video Gamers this year will rock !

that's thrue. But of all discussions and hating Konami etc. is -if the writer of the article is right- pes still the gameplay king and that's is for me still the reason for playing a footy.
That Konami fails on graphics, presentation etc. is another thing.
ONLY: if online still has lag, then i have a reason to skip to FIFA because i hate online fucking lag.

One chant per team is pretty useless :(

yer think that might be size limit for each mp3 imported as chants?
cause if there isn't we could just make it a very lengthy mp3 file that contains multiple chants. This solution could be useful for 360 and PS3 users but I reckon PC users would be able to relink chants.

yer think that might be size limit for each mp3 imported as chants?
cause if there isn't we could just make it a very lengthy mp3 file that contains multiple chants.

But then you're going to hear the exact same chants in the exact same order every time, that'll get really tiresome, what they should let you do is upload up to 10x 10 second clips that play at random IMO.

On a large Dutch Xboxsite (xboxworld.nl) they have tested fifa09 and pes09and they come to a clear conclusion after a four page article with good objective comment and arguments:

Final judgement of the both preview-codes:

"My conclusion is simple: playing both games has only one overall-winner and that is FIFA. Of all facets of the game is FIFA the winner; except on one aspect. The gameplay of PES is slightly better, but i mean slightly. On all the other aspects FIFA is the boss over PES. (...). On the other hand it's clear that Konami is waking up and i am hoping that this step back means in the end a few steps forward".

In the article self he describes a lot of things. He says that PES will not have online lag even in 2 vs 2 games, but didn't tested that selve, because option was not available. The writers says: i'll only believe that if i see it myself.
He also describes that after a lot of games, FIFA's game dynamic is not on a par with PES. He noticed that with FIFA he plays during the games always the same stramin (that goes someway automaticly), with PES it's the old-scool variety of gameplay and looking for a hole in the defence, with a very slow but good gamespeed. This appears the reason for him to announce PES still the (subtile) winner on gameplay.

full article, thanks sando
http://www.xboxworld.nl/article/793/preview-fifa-09/

Oh, it saddens me that there are so many dishonest opinions from game magazines. Saying that they like the gameplay, and that PES's gameplay is better than FIFA is bending the truth...

I'm sure Konami just paid them to say good things about the game, so that the game sells more copies. It's obvious from what everyone sees that this is all a lie.

I just hope they are putting their money to good use.

Sorry, just had to the morning sarcasm out of the way before anyone else says that in a non-sarcastic way. :lol:

I have to say that this was more or less what everyone was expecting. The people who don't like Konami for going back to its roots being overly critical, and the ones who take it for what it is and are happy with it value it for what it is.

Also, FIFA being an all-round best package than PES is nowhere near a surprise for me, since that's what FIFA does best. And I sincerely don't see Konami being able to fight FIFA on that regard - licenses, competitions, online, it's simply mind-blowing. I'm not going to dispute that. However, different people look for different things in video games.

Nonetheless, I'm pretty happy with what I'm hearing. I'm looking forward to the scans of the PS3 magazine, if anyone gets them.

I can concede that 1 chant per team might be a bit limiting, but it's a start. It's not the right way to do it, surely, but it's one way to begin doing it, that's for sure. It's surely enough to get every team's name to be shouted by the crowd, at least, which will surely add a lot to the atmosphere :) I remember in older games - and maybe EURO 08 also, I don't recall - but hearing the crowd singing "Portugal... <clap clap clap> Portugal... <clap clap clap>" was just plain awesome at the time :)

One thing that has me worried - I haven't read the article yet (is it in English or Dutch?) - but that they didn't say that "Become a Legend" was better than "Be a Pro". I'm not saying that is, mind you. I was just hoping that it would be, because of the "Be a Pro" 4 seasons limitation, and the previous experience with "Fantasista" that Konami has. Gotta read the article though.

[Edit:] Oh, I just google translated it, and it says that they can't say whether one or the other is better.

"We are unable to tell whether or not the "Be a Legend" mode will work better than the "Be a Pro" mode in the long run."

(I retouched it a bit because it was not really english, but if anyone wants to translate it better, I appreciate it.

Final
My view on the occasion of the versions that I've played at the Games Convention is simple. There is only one possible winner and that is FIFA09. PES 2009 wins the only nipt in the field of gameplay. And I mean really nipt nipt, because the gameplay of FIFA09 is not as slippery as last year and also happens much more on the field. In all other respects FIFA 09 PES 2009 clearly the boss. More game modes, more licenses and a great audio-visual experience. I can not help but conclude that FIFA now evolving instead PES.

PES 2009 is rather a sequel to PES5 / 6, then a sequel to PES 2008. Konami has apparently chosen for her egg money and is returned to the base. A clever move to the diehard fans trying to maintain, because PES5 is still the best connoisseurs PES ever. Personally I am therefore very pleased that PES2009 back on the realistic side has gone after the less realistic PES 2008. Konami is clear woke up and I therefore hope that this step for Konami back eventually step in the right direction appears to be.

[Edit 2:] Mind you all, this is a comparison made just from the Games Convention builds and playtime, from what I just gathered from this conclusion of his. What this means is that it's a conclusion based on the gameplay that he played there, and about the rest of the modes, he's just comparing what he knows that exists. That is why he doesn't go into the online modes, nor into the Be a Pro/Become a Legend comparison - because he hasn't played them.

Nonetheless, looking forward to it. Thank you all for the infos :)

By the way, about the Santiago Barnabeu thingie I posted a while ago, is it licensed, is Real licensed, it has no bearing whatsoever...? Any ideas?

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

Last edited:

By the way, about the Santiago Barnabeu thingie I posted a while ago, is it licensed, is Real licensed, it has no bearing whatsoever...? Any ideas?
Yes Paulo, the Real and Bernabeu is under licence, but it's a secret :SHHH:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom