PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

you are not a PES fanboy? :LOL::LOL::LOL: give me a brake, just look at your avatar

My avatar was made after many an hour playing FIFA08 and coming to the conclusion that it is wank. A PES fanboy wouldn't play (or at least admit to playing) FIFA would he? The better game will always find its way into my PS3 and last year it was clearly PES2008.

Let's see which game gets into my PS3 come october. But as it's looking now I feel as if PES is taking huge strides in the right direction.

I'm really happy for what I read there. Also, the "Become a Legend" mode - which they have already played two versions of - part, where they confirm that you can indeed call for the ball, and insinuate that you can indeed be called to represent your country...

Ahhh, I'm drooling :-...

I am in no way a PES fanboy but I can say in all honesty that I thought FIFA 08 was a steaming pile of unplayable turd compared to the very playable PES2008.

you are not a PES fanboy? give me a brake, just look at your avatar

...does disliking a game make you a fanboy of the other?

Outside this fanboy-nonsense-rants, does anyone have higher quality scans uploaded somewhere, or does anyone know where can I get some?

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

hmm but there are still a lot of people who complain about pes2009 and are very disappointed. A friend of mine was on the GC (Games Convention) in Leipzig and he said that the game is very bad.

And i still miss a statement which says that they have improved the keepers cause they were one of the biggest bugs in PES2008.
First i thought ok the first game on PS3 maybe thats the reason for this bad game pes2008 but after watching some videos i must say that i'am disapointed at all because they put only some new moves in and thats it...
You know Psychosherm, we people who did not see the game in Leipzig and who are no gametesters, - who played the more recent build - , are depended on what others tell us. We cannot count on movies as some HD-quality show slower play then the ones where frames are cut off to reduce the size of the movie.
We might learn about the Seabass-interview where a better build plays on the background. We also might listen to yesterday's podcast where Adam assured us that the movies of Leipzig did the game no justice.
So, what to believe? Maybe the guys are right who say that they just wait for the game to say what they think about PES 2009.
I was off for some days from this topic as you learn nothing from those different views. I am back, but mainly to read and get more confused :DD

I am in no way a PES fanboy but I can say in all honesty that I thought FIFA 08 was a steaming pile of unplayable turd compared to the very playable PES2008.

Sure, PES2008 irritates the hell out of me every now and again but the gameplay is still very good. The feeling of scoring a cracker online against some 15-year old cutback king is quite amazing and with all the new additions coming our way in PES2009 I think we're in for a treat. I can't wait!

Last year, both games were garbage. The only difference is that FIFA has always been garbage. But this year may be different. I will try both and then decide.

...does disliking a game make you a fanboy of the other?

no, ofcourse not....but saying you hate a game over and over again or having an avator like he has is fanboyism

if he doesnt like FIFA then he shouldnt bother with it, whats the need for that avatar?

get my point...

I will get both games on release as i do every year and IMO FIFA 08 won last year...took getting used to but once i did it was pretty fun. How any football loving person liked PES08 i will never know :|

going by the videos PES looks te same old....arcadey, too fast, ping pong football, bad..robotic animation and poor keepers

i hope the version WENB been talking about gets released this year

Last edited:

You know Psychosherm, we people who did not see the game in Leipzig and who are no gametesters, - who played the more recent build - , are depended on what others tell us. We cannot count on movies as some HD-quality show slower play then the ones where frames are cut off to reduce the size of the movie.
We might learn about the Seabass-interview where a better build plays on the background. We also might listen to yesterday's podcast where Adam assured us that the movies of Leipzig did the game no justice.
So, what to believe? Maybe the guys are right who say that they just wait for the game to say what they think about PES 2009.
I was off for some days from this topic as you learn nothing from those different views. I am back, but mainly to read and get more confused :DD

i see your point but if you look and the videos from the gc you'll see that they didnt't change that much and it's still the same....PES was always a simulation and since pes2008 it has become a arcade game for pepople who didn't know how to play football or never have played football themselves.....

pes was the game for soccer players and fifa for soccer fans but look at pes2008 there are no more games which end 1:0 or 2:1 ...it's about 3:3, 5:4 or something like that....

no, ofcourse not....but saying you hate a game over and over again or having an avator like he has is fanboyism

if he doesnt like FIFA then he shouldnt bother with it, whats the need for that avatar?

get my point...

I will get both games on release as i do every year and IMO FIFA 08 won last year...took getting used to but once i did it was pretty fun. How any football loving person liked PES08 i will never know :|

going by the videos PES looks te same old....arcadey, too fast, ping pong football, bad..robotic animation and poor keepers

i hope the version WENB been talking about gets released this year

I've had that avatar for ages but if it disturbs you I can change it. My avatars do not represent what I feel about certain games, they are purely for fun. I'd stop calling people fanboys and come back with some constructive criticism if I were you.

is there any news on the champs league in the mag?

Not that I could see and I would suggest that's because it's a lot of shite and doesn't exist. There is talk of a licence that may be acquired but it is getting mighty close to finishing time for the developers to be included.

Just like the Real Madrid licence, TG?

No mention of it on PSM3 in the list

Last edited:

PES was always a simulation and since pes2008 it has become a arcade game for pepople who didn't know how to play football or never have played football themselves.....
What the hell? :-ll Are you trying to say that PES 08 was still a simulation game for people who play football? :LOL:

I play football, and PES 08 is nothing like it.

pes was the game for soccer players and fifa for soccer fans but look at pes2008 there are no more games which end 1:0 or 2:1 ...it's about 3:3, 5:4 or something like that....
You just contradicted yourself there then, firstly you say PES 08 is still simulation and then say you get scorelines like 3-3 and 5-4. That is not simulation.

Onto PES 09, from the moment I read "The animations are unique and fluid" on the PSM preview, they lost all credibility with me really. If they are going to call the animations fluid then they must be biased, blind or stupid which makes the whole thing pointless reading really.

Huge strides might have been a slight exageration but it is definately shaping up to be much better than PES2008 which in all fairness was a good (not great) game.

Anyone noticed that the English gaming sites/magazines all seem to give PES2009 a decent preview rating? WENB, PESFan, English OPM, they don't really seem to be saying bad things about the game...

Now, on the other side, we've seen quite some 'foreign' previews, and they seem to be majorely bad... The Swedish preview, the Italian, French OPM,...

Please say I'm wrong?

So all english speaking media are bribed?:SS
Everyone's opinions of the game are pretty much the same, slower pace etc just the 'foreign' media seem to have higher expectations maybe?
Magazines/websites certainly aren't paid by Konami for favourable previews, Konami are tight and don't even pay people who organise all the offline PES events. They do everything on the cheap :p

[QUOTE=Rob92;1424520]What the hell? :-ll Are you trying to say that PES 08 was still a simulation game for people who play football? :LOL:

You just contradicted yourself there then, firstly you say PES 08 is still simulation and then say you get scorelines like 3-3 and 5-4. That is not simulation.

he actually said since pes08 it has turned into arcade style gameplay , and that includes pes08 since they have not released any other games after that , so it is either you misread it or you are a general hater , who just finds bashing a game or someone fun and has nothing better to do than argue with people on forums, how pathetic , since i have read your past posts it seems you just like to argue and seem to be a person that is never happy about a improvement and always looks for the negative aspect and will twist it to seem bad.

he actually said since pes08 it has turned into arcade style gameplay , and that includes pes08 since they have not released any other games after that , so it is either you misread it or you are a general hater , who just finds bashing a game or someone fun and has nothing better to do than argue with people on forums, how pathetic , since i have read your past posts it seems you just like to argue and seem to be a person that is never happy about a improvement and always looks for the negative aspect and will twist it to seem bad.
No, he didn't he said:

"PES was always a simulation and since pes2008 it has become a arcade game for pepople who didn't know how to play football or never have played football themselves....."

Note: "for people who didn't know how to play football or never have played football themselves....."

That means he was saying that for people who play football, it was still simulation.
So no, I didn't misread it, and no, I am not a hater.

Regarding your comment about me being "never happy about a improvement" - I welcome improvement, but I do not welcome improvement via backwards steps like PES 09 - having to resort to making it play like games which are a few years old (PES3/5) because the newer installments have been such failures.

Last edited by a moderator:

What the hell? :-ll Are you trying to say that PES 08 was still a simulation game for people who play football? :LOL:

Onto PES 09, from the moment I read "The animations are unique and fluid" on the PSM preview, they lost all credibility with me really. If they are going to call the animations fluid then they must be biased, blind or stupid which makes the whole thing pointless reading really.

sorry maybe it's because of my english but you didn't understand what i've mean

for me pes2008 is a arcade game and this is disapointing me

On PSM3 magazine I read that the lofted trough balls might be too powerful.I'm afraid about it, anybody knows something about it?
Thank You

Ok, sorry about that then mate :)).

no prob. i think there are a lot of players who are disapointed about the arcade game pes 2008 and in the end it seems like you share my opinion.....

i play soccer too so i know what you mean :beer:

The interview where Seabass admits the artificla momentum and shift in the game, is the moment where this game goes to sh**t. I want to win or lose by my actions, not because the cpu thinks now I won't score.

That's the big problem of PES, being everytime more and more script-oriented. No manual passing, no manual shooting, no manual nothing, but hey, the CPU can also decide when you will play good or bad.

To me, that's unacceptable as a player.

The interview where Seabass admits the artificla momentum and shift in the game, is the moment where this game goes to sh**t. I want to win or lose by my actions, not because the cpu thinks now I won't score.

That's the big problem of PES, being everytime more and more script-oriented. No manual passing, no manual shooting, no manual nothing, but hey, the CPU can also decide when you will play good or bad.

Exactly, if a simple pass is misplaced or under/overhit then it is in no way your fault in PES, in the same way a magnificent killer through ball is not played to perfection by you. That is why I don't get the "magic" feeling that others talk of when scoring in PES, because the CPU powered and aimed all the passes and the with the shot at the end all I did was choose the corner and the amount of height on the shot.

drekkard your right and one more thing that pisses me off is that players like ronaldihno kaka and some others get through your defence without dribbling they just run and get through

On PSM3 magazine I read that the lofted trough balls might be too powerful.I'm afraid about it, anybody knows something about it?
Thank You

gommone-volante2-posti-con-bagaglio-a-mano.jpg

PSM3 say PES2009 is quite good :LOL:. That's a bit like Jack the Ripper's mum saying he's a nice boy really.

Didn't PSM3 report last year that the atrocity that is PES2008 was great?

Yea, I think that is just a matter of preference and a justified reason not to like the game. I, for one, love the challenge that the "momentum system" delivers. I love to feel that I have to defeat some kind of higher power just to survive the game. It's a great feeling when you beat the computer after every one of your passes go awry and every break goes their way. But I agree with the article...these type of momentum shifts happen in real football as well. Weathering the storm is a great feeling, at least to me. And while it can be amazingly frustrating when you lose, it can be amazingly satifying to win. That has always been one of then charms of PES, and maybe a reason that it isn't the game for you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom