Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

So these 'peace' talks are rumbling on. Interesting that it wasn't felt needed for a match at OT, but for an Anfield clash they're required.

As I said before, I hope Fergie et al take the high road and prevent anyone getting hurt (because morons are morons, and LFC have cleverly stoked up their morons). A little pre match hand shaking and love between Suarez and Evra would be nice, for example.

However, the thing that LFC still seem to be missing in all this is that Evra/ United are unlikely to come to the table until LFC and Suarez APOLOGISE for calling Evra a Negro. For some reason King Kenny/ LFC/ Suarez genuinely believe that this isn't needed, but every single other person on the friggin planet knows it is.

Sorry chap, where I'm from it was okay, now I know and I'm sorry you were offended. Easy.

I fear, however, LFC are so high up on their horse (or maybe they're just high) that they view themselves above such statements.

Beachryan, i generally like your posts, but this last one could very easy be seen as very provocative...i don't agree at all (except for the part about the apologies, that would indeed be a nice gesture).

Tbh I agree with Ryan on this, just get it sorted and move on. Otherwise it will only make it worse and worse in the long term. The moment the club said they wouldn't appeal was the moment they lost any position to continue to be defensive.

As for it being more needed at Anfield, it isn't needed as a dig. 40.000 Liverpool supporters who feel "victimised" vs a couple 1000 somewhere high up at OT.

Liverpool are interested to buy talented Sporting CP reserves player Joao Teixeira..

sportingpage.jpg

it´s the guy who scored the first goal:

YouTube - NextGen Series: Liverpool 0 - 3 Sporting Lisbon

does anyone know him?

looks a great prospect!!

Good win for Liverpool tonight, not satisfied with the game though, I haven't seen Liverpool play so defensively for quite some time as we played with 6 defenders by the end of 2nd half...and Kenny had some great tactics against a struggling Manchester City.

Looking forward to the next leg, we shouldn't write them off yet since they can U-Turn this match if they put on a decent performance. But I gotta feeling that Carling Cup will be ours this year.

Seriously, 35M for Andy Carroll That will probably never be forgotten unfortunately for Liverpool.

Andy Carrol was shocking last night. Such a bad performance.

He couldn't control a pass, couldn't pass, couldn't run, fell over whilst running with or without the ball when he's not even challenged!...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...te-Liverpools-success-at-Manchester-City.html

I think Andy was great, he did what our game needed him to do - keep position and balls in front...He could have scored that fine effort since early in the game..

Not sure if you noticed, but we didn´t play on him since we scored from that penalty, he had ZERO balls delivered...except on corners.. The one who was shocking again was Downing imho..

Don´t know if i was the only who saw City players jumping over Carroll´s back all the time?!

I´m 100% behind Carroll and i don´t want us to sell him, his passing wasn´t great, but he won all the balls in air, and he was usefull for the team..we won..

The one who was shocking again was Downing imho..

Don´t know if i was the only who saw City players jumping over Carroll´s back all the time?!

Thought Caroll was fine last night he did put some effort in, but for a top club like Liverpool he just isn't the man to lead the line.

Downing however is a solid player and that's all he'll ever be there which fine for a midtable club. There were a couple of times last night when he picked up the ball with space to run into but instead of doing that he played it safe and passed back. We need wingers who have the conviction to believe in their on ablity and go for it.

Agger and Skrtel were rock solid last night great partnership, Henderson also had a good game would like to see him become more of a danger in the final third because I think he can become a goal scoring midfielder in the future.

Last edited:

I think Andy was great, he did what our game needed him to do - keep position and balls in front...He could have scored that fine effort since early in the game..

Not sure if you noticed, but we didn´t play on him since we scored from that penalty, he had ZERO balls delivered...except on corners.. The one who was shocking again was Downing imho..

I´m 100% behind Carroll and i don´t want us to sell him, his passing wasn´t great, but he won all the balls in air, and he was usefull for the team..we won..

Of course football is subjective and what one person sees during a game another will see something completely different.

Like Carroll's performance.

You thought he played well, I thought he was abysmal.

Doesn't make either of us right.

The main thing is the result of the team, and yes, I know we won. I was just amazed how poor Carrolls performance was. I really want him to suceed and hope he takes this chance of a run in the team to grab some form. So far it isn't happening for the big man.

I agree in part with Downing, but he does see a lot of the ball, runs and commits players. Maybe the expactation of Downing is much lower due to the price paid for him was nearly half that of Carroll.

Good confidence booster for our team to beat City away...
but the tie is far from over....

Hopefully we should win it...but not with that kind of backs to the wall
stuff again....because we need to take the game to them at Anfield
and make sure we score goals..

Regarding the Title race...I just hope Spurs win it this year...
they have been refreshing and breathtaking at times....
it would be a fantastic change to see someone new win it.

guys untill Carroll playes for the team and the team wins, i could not give a damn if he didn´t score himself.. yesterday he played for the team with the strainge defensive tactics..he was alone upfront with no wide players to even support him..except Bellamy who was alone running and performing... Downing was invisible again..

guys untill Carroll playes for the team and the team wins, i could not give a damn if he didn´t score himself.. yesterday he played for the team with the strainge defensive tactics..he was alone upfront with no wide players to even support him..except Bellamy who was alone running and performing... Downing was invisible again..

I agree....Carroll's woes are not all his making.
He needs better service....

He is still not the Liverpool type player though..

For me Bellamy is the Liverpool type player....quick, sharp, technical
and great team-play, plus decent finishing.

look LFC always ALWAYS had luck on top strikers, we had them in past, and it all came to Torres, who i thought could realy take us to title..i was confident with Rafa and Torres we will win it.

But now that Torres is away every LFC supporter will wait for his second coming and this is bad for all strikers who came after him.. Suarez is a natural talent, but he is no CF the type who would be a poacher, Carroll is...Many people have no faith in him, but not having faith won´t help him..

Bellamy is LFC type of player, but that´s becouse he playes perfect atm, if he was shite, everyone would say he is mid table player...

certainly if he was City player and then Cardiff player, nobody thought of him as LFC player anymore in his Cardiff days.. it´s so relative...

give the lad a chance, he has whole career ahead of him.. if it won´t work out, we buy another striker.. but he has time to develop, he needs a top wingers to provide for him...

Even Gerrards return made him look better, becouse the type of passes Gerrard provides are unique.

Have to say I felt sorry for Andy last night. Shocking performance in attack second half.

I really want him to do well and at times I could see him taking a touch and it looked like he held it up well, turned away from the opponent to play a simple but decent pass but he messed it up

This kept happening and sometimes he literally looked like he struggled to control the ball

I would at least expect him with or without decent service to scare the shit out of defenders, rough then up a bit

Seemed he was getting fouled and the ref did nothing.

I qthink he will gradually improve with a run in the team, he lacks sharpness and confidence I think. He is really trying so fingers crossed

look LFC always ALWAYS had luck on top strikers, we had them in past, and it all came to Torres, who i thought could realy take us to title..i was confident with Rafa and Torres we will win it.

But now that Torres is away every LFC supporter will wait for his second coming and this is bad for all strikers who came after him.. Suarez is a natural talent, but he is no CF the type who would be a poacher, Carroll is...Many people have no faith in him, but not having faith won´t help him..

Bellamy is LFC type of player, but that´s becouse he playes perfect atm, if he was shite, everyone would say he is mid table player...

certainly if he was City player and then Cardiff player, nobody thought of him as LFC player anymore in his Cardiff days.. it´s so relative...

give the lad a chance, he has whole career ahead of him.. if it won´t work out, we buy another striker.. but he has time to develop, he needs a top wingers to provide for him...

Even Gerrards return made him look better, becouse the type of passes Gerrard provides are unique.

This is the first time that LFC has been so short-changed on strikers..

Even when Emile Heskey played and he did not score too many....
but he made things happen....and his general team play was great.
But he had Owen and/or Fowler to be the main striker.

Regarding Bellamy...he has always been pretty good...
even before he left City he was one of their good strikers..
but he was loaned out not because of bad form...but other issues.
I can't recall him being crap anywhere he has played.

The much maligned Heskey was a great player, he was a Rolls compared to the the bike Caroll...Caroll lacks the most basic skills...he is shockingly bad, the worst CF ever in the EPL.

It could be a case of confidence because in Newcastle he wasn't that bad...he was simply mediocre...IMO he's pathetic, the laughing stock of the EPL...

Now we know who will be next season's top scorer...as i'm living acoording the principles of Murphy's Law...

He is not the worst striker in the EPL....
that's an exaggeration.

Yes some of his basic skills are lacking....but that could
also be to lack of confidence...and the immense pressure.

Look at Torres...he used to be banging in the goals
for Liverpool...but at Chelsea where there were times
his touch and control would let him down.

Carroll was doing well at Newcastle.....pretty well
and did play and score for England.

He's not getting decent service....and is suffering the
intense pressure.

We don't have wingers who are constantly banging in crosses...
Downing is himself not a very confident winger...

I believe he should be sold for his own good...
but maybe at the end of the season.

He's only got 5 more games before Suarez comes back to the lineup.

I hope he does well....but it's going to be tough.

Ok, he is not the worst striker of the EPL...i could challenge you an asking whose is worse than Carroll, but that is idiot...i don't like him at all and will not be objective.

You guys are Liverpool fans and are subjective too. I wouldn't mind if he turns out to be the new Alan Shearer. It would not be the first player who has a very different start and turns out top class afterwards. And to be honest, "our" Lukaku is not better...

Ok, he is not the worst striker of the EPL...i could challenge you an asking whose is worse than Carroll, but that is idiot...i don't like him at all and will not be objective.

You guys are Liverpool fans and are subjective too. I wouldn't mind if he turns out to be the new Alan Shearer. It would not be the first player who has a very different start and turns out top class afterwards. And to be honest, "our" Lukaku is not better...

I am a Liverpool fan....but I would not mind seeing Carroll leave.
I personally would like to see someone else play up front.

I like strikers to be more skilful and have better ball control
and awareness...which is why I like Bellamy....and also would love
to see Kuyt leave.

But I don't think Carroll is as bad as people say he is.
Fabio Capello deemed him fit for an England call-up a while ago.

He has not a decent run in the team...with decent service...
but I still would like to see him be replaced with someone
more skillful.

kuyt its one of my fav but leaving always a player in bench do him to feel more down too , special when this player is doing good , as i remember Kuyt was in good form but Kenny leaves him out so i see Kuyt more down now , but I still prefer him before our talent english players we sign

I hope we win but I have fear we are going to draw tomorrows vs stoke :/

Back
Top Bottom