Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

actually there was some stuff about us looking at Martens... but to be honest, this were not realy reliable sources imo..

i was thinking Hazard is more a winger than CM, Henderson surely is good player, but he is a midfielder, we need a winger or two to replace Kuyt and Maxi (if Maxi goes..) becouse this are the areas we need class since McManaman days :(

Hazard is best as a play maker with a lone striker before him... you could consider him something between a forward and a AMF,but he can also play as a winger or a SMF.
Mertens can play at exactly the same postions.
Now and then our national coach plays both Mertens and Hazard (that was when Chadli was injured and then Dembélé played for Chadli) and then the national teams play's it's best matches...

Oh and by the way: why not go for Dembélé, i think he's playing a wonderfull season with Fulham. The thing is that Dembélé is a player that doesn't score goals...

Last year people here underestimated Clint Dempsey, this is the type of player Liverpool could use now. Dempsey is a player who scores goals galore...

Last edited:

I actually think a Fulham raid would be good for any of the 'top' sides. Dempsey, Zamora and Dembele are very talented players I'd love to see put alongside a bit more quality.

i always liked Dempsey, not just becouse he scores against us :D

he is the player i would welcome in LFC....

Not only is he a quality player but one thing I really like Dempsey is you anticipate he would have NO PROBLEM playing for even the biggest team in the world as far as 'pressure' and 'mentality' goes. The guy just doesn't give a shit. He's super confident and unfazed. Takes no shit from anyone. Players like him could play for big clubs no problem which is something 90% of players can't do even if 'technically' they were good enough.

Anyway, I agree with Gerd that Hazard is out of Liverpool's reach but someone like Dembele isn't and he's very talented too and has EPL experience.

Lille bought Nolan Roux the guy we were linked with as well for 8 m. euro

SOW Is definetly on his way out, probably here!

Oh damn! Yeah if they bought Roux then Sow must be going!

well not for sure, but the price they paid is to big imho for Lille standard, they probably know selling Souw will get them some money back

Thank you for your message. I did actually read it all the way through, becoming more depressed with every line.

I shan’t go through all the issues raised by the Suarez case, since the FA commission did that with remarkable diligence and intellectual rigour. Having read the report three times, it amazes me that even the most one – eyed Liverpool supporter could quarrel with its conclusions.

What really depresses me are the trite assumptions made by those who seek to defend the indefensible. Why do you assume that I am “pro – Manchester United’? Absolute nonsense. And why assume that I am anti – Liverpool, when I have had decades of association with the club, going back to Bill Shankly. As a young reporter I used to write a weekly column with Bill and would meet him for a cup of tea and a football education whenever Liverpool were in London. The idea that I could be prejudiced against such a club is actually offensive.

As I say, I don’t want to make all the obvious points. I think the club has let itself down badly over the past few weeks. I think the arrogant and ill – founded support of Suarez has reflected badly on the club and its manager. I think that your condemnation of the FA’s part in the process is simply ridiculous, as is your confident assertion that Suarez would succeed in an action for defamation. You really haven’t a legal clue, have you?

Why do you, and so many of your fellow fans, believe that the rest of the country is anti – Liverpool? Why should those of us who live in London, say, feel any inclination to favour United, or anyone else, above Liverpool? Why do you so avidly seek the role of victim? And why do you prattle about “rent – a – quote anti – racism activists’, when you refer to people who appear more measured, more civilised than you? It’s really quite worrying for the rest of us.

Anyway, I have wasted too much time on this frivolous matter. I am pleased that justice has been done and I hope that the club and its manager will slowly start to see sense.

Best of luck with the Dalglish Day, by the way. Perhaps you might have a T – shirt printed?

Yours,
Patrick Collins.
Ouch! :LOL:

I hope we will buy Sow sooner rather than later, I'm a bit jealous now that Newcastle bought Pappis Cisse while Liverpool have their sights set on over-priced British players like Defoe.
Newcastle is showing what being ambitious is all about and I seriously consider them among the top contenders for the 4th spot.
I can't see Liverpool buying anyone before the deadline day, last but not least I reckon that is going to be a big signing, hoping for Fernando Llorente ...

Yeah gotta say Pappis would've been great for Liverpool. He'd finish the chances Suarez creates. Sow is good too though and younger. We'll see what happens but I would've preferred P. Cisse.

mate you`ll go mad if you keep dwelling on the matter it is what it is.All your doing is setting yourself up to be bitter. Liverpool are known if they want somebody they`ll get them . Whatever it takes! Torres, Suarez ,Henderson,Adams n Caroll not many clubs can do that excluding MCity :P

except Phill Jones, who was in Melwood before SAF decieded he needs him...

It´s frustrating to realise that Cisse and Ba lead Newcastle attack and they cost together 10m.

yes Ba was a free transfer..i remember Rafa wanted him when he was playing at Hoffenheim :BRICK:
http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/Teams/PlayerProfile/0,,10278~54970,00.html

Newcastle still have money to buy Cissokho they are linked with + they bought Cabaye from the 35 we gave them...

sad but true.
Why ? That is what happens when the guy behind the transfers knows what he is doing. Quite the opposite of what happens here really.

except Phill Jones, who was in Melwood before SAF decieded he needs him...

Is that true? That would make an amazing scene if so. Can just picture Phil getting his knee prodded by a doctor, with Kenny and Comolli standing over him. Suddenly his phone beeps and it's a txt from Sir Ferg "Phil, b @ Utd 4 mdcl by 5 2day - x SAF"

he was given a tour around melwood, the deal was almost done, but not a medical ;)

I just can't help but admire the way Newcastle are going about
getting good quality players on the cheap...
and getting huge fees for a player like Carroll...
you would think they would go down the table...

And look at Alan Pardew.....read this article ...about how he scouted
the Bundesliga.....very smart moves...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/jan/18/newcastleunited-premierleague

The players they have....impressive.

Makes you wonder what Kenny was doing.....the results are there to see.

hi pool heads!
I have got a question: what do you think about these reserve players?

adam_hajou.jpg

Hajdú Ádám

"A technically gifted midfielder with a keen eye for a pass, Hajdu arrived at the Academy in the summer of 2010.

The Hungarian, who has represented his country at U16, U17 and U18 level, is equally adept at left-back and is regarded as a player with great vision and creativity.

He recovered from a broken leg to feature towards the end of the 2010-11 campaign and will be aiming to make a big impression under Mike Marsh this year
"

krisztian_adorian.jpg

Adorján Krisztián

"Krisztian is an attacking player who likes to play just off the front man.

He arrived at the Academy from MTK Hungaria in the summer of 2009 and has a knack for scoring spectacular goals.

The Hungarian youngster has captained his country at various levels and has started to show his true quality after a season adapting to the English game.

Now physically stronger, he was a major player in the U18 side that came so close to title glory in 2010-11, scoring eight goals and providing 19 assists."

If you familiar with them then can you tell me what do you think about their future?

Last edited:

i don´t know about Adam Hajdú, but Adorjan is tiped to be ready for the first team, i think untill end of season he will get a game together with Sterling...

people talk about Adorjan as realy good player already who can be ready to step up.. for other they have time still...

maybe also Coady will get a game for the first team...

i don´t know about Adam Hajdú, but Adorjan is tiped to be ready for the first team, i think untill end of season he will get a game together with Sterling...

people talk about Adorjan as realy good player already who can be ready to step up.. for other they have time still...

maybe also Coady will get a game for the first team...

Just hoping he will not follow Németh's fate. He was also a promising talent and im afraid he will not be more than that.

Just hoping he will not follow Németh's fate. He was also a promising talent and im afraid he will not be more than that.

well with reserves you never know, imagine no top talents came from reserve untill Kenny came...

before that there was only Gerrard and Carragher, club legends now, that came from academy... ok maybe also Owen and some other way before that, but since Gerrard there was no big talent in the first team from academy..that would make huge impact...

With Borel who is our academy coach, we have one of best coaches in this age level, he was previously at Barca...

Club want´s to give youth chance and it´s the policy of our new owners to build on academy players, so Adorjan and other lads from academy have the best chance actually now to follow Spearing, Kelly, Flanagan and Robinson...

Sterling is imho next star in making, if he gain more power and stayes fit, he will be big imho...others might also prove themselfs...

good for Adorjan is that Liverpool lacks exactly in the area he is playing, wing and attacking midfield or second striker - basicly a creative player...

Adorjan has the physicall skills to start already.. hope he will do it this season.. and maybe goes on loan just like Shelvey.. hopefully to a good team..

But he has long way still.. as all reserve players..

Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Enrique, Gerrard, Henderson, Adam, Maxi, Bellamy, Carroll.
Subs: Doni, Coates, Kuyt, Downing, Carragher, Shelvey, Kelly.

The team really needs to win tonight; Chelsea dropped points earlier, Newcastle are falling apart and tommorow you never know how it will go for Arsenal.

As for the team;

Johnson-Skrtl-Agger-Enrique
----Adam------Gerrard------
-Maxi---Henderson--Bellamy-
----------Carrol-----------

Would of thought having Kuyt would have been the better option, more movement. But hopefully Maxi and Bellamy can support Carroll and get on the end of his headers and stuff.

Last edited:

swap Gerrard for Henderson and i think it´s how we will play..

win points would be great for us, we would be 3 points behind Chelsea...

Back
Top Bottom