Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

good formation , wish there was shelvey in place of adam but rest is good , im happy to see maxi start

Woeful display again by all the KK signings.

Other than Enrique, all the new lads have been poor.

The gamble on Carroll clearly isn't going to work, he needs to go back to the Toon. Hopefully we haven't paid Newcastle all the 35M in one go and they can have him back asap.

Pepe, Lucas, Gerrard and Suarez are all top class. The rest of our squad (except Carroll) are good enough to compliment our big four players but with Lucas and Suarez out and Gerrard not fit yet, we are a very average side.

Bellamy is a big bonus for us now his attitude to the game is fantastic. What a player he would have been 10 years ago if his attitude to football and team play were the same as it is now he's in his 30's... as the saying goes, you can't put an old head on young shoulders...

seriously that was pure shite... i can´t even bother since i feel my blood pressure is so high i will break something...and i usually feel calm...

this is beyond joke now... not sure what to think, let our owners do the talking next days...

we are going backwards atm..

Kenny Dalglish just said some players won't be in red shirts much longer if play like that again. Said they were disrespectful. Strong.

NickParrottTV Nick Parrott
#Dalglish: "They've got to realise every game this football club plays is a big game, not just the ones that suit them."
1 minute ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

NickParrottTV Nick Parrott
#Dalglish: "That's the first time it's been like this, I think. We'll see what happens" on players going or coming in.

Last edited:

For me we need a complete revamp....

The players who were signed are just not good enough..
- Adam, Carroll, Downing, Henderson = 75-85 million on SQUAD PLAYERS !!!
who are just not good enough....

the existing players need replacing..
- Kuyt, Maxi are too old, and should be gone this summer.

We cannot depend on Suarez and Gerrard....

We need a new manager who is tactically smart.
Dalglish is not tactically astute....
he is trying the tactics from the 80s and 90s...
signing a big tall centre forward who has no ball control at all...
blimey....David Ngog was a better player !!!

Downing does not beat players....and Dalglish thinks he's better
than he thought.....

If Hodgson had done this.......the fans and media would have slaughtered
him ......

I know people will say the season is not over...
give the players more time....

But with Dalglish at the helm we will only be a top 7 club....
maybe fighting a few cups.....once in a while.

Not good enough...
we finished 6th last season.....thanks to Dalglish
for doing the job Hodgson should have done
"in steadying the ship"
this season after revamping our midfield...we should be improving.

But if we want to be in the top 4.....
we need someone better....who has better tactics
and a better understanding of players.

Slightly amusing how Ngog looks like a better player at the minute compared to Carroll.

Spending the amount you have with the results shown isn't good enough really.

seriously that was pure shite... i can´t even bother since i feel my blood pressure is so high i will break something...and i usually feel calm...

this is beyond joke now... not sure what to think, let our owners do the talking next days...

we are going backwards atm..

youve only realized it now???give the team and dalglish time.weve got "world class" players in adam,downing,henderson and carroll.daglish is king.we will absolutely win the league now.kenny just needs another 100 mill for the likes of jarvis,defoe or any other over hyped british player.

Re: Liverpool Thread(I 've Had Enough!!)

Slightly amusing how Ngog looks like a better player at the minute compared to Carroll.

Spending the amount you have with the results shown isn't good enough really.

said it back then and will say it again.should have just kept him instead of blowing it on that pariah carroll.but i guess ngog wouldnt have look good on that boyzone concert date...

Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

youve only realized it now???give the team and dalglish time.weve got "world class" players in adam,downing,henderson and carroll.daglish is king.we will absolutely win the league now.kenny just needs another 100 mill for the likes of jarvis,defoe or any other over hyped british player.

Don't suppose you will say who you want as manager? It's all good moaning but give us a bit more. Who do you want to replace Kenny? Who is better and more to the point, who is available??

Re: Liverpool Thread(I've Had Enough!!)

You guys complaining about Dalglish need to realize that it wasn't his fault for such a poor performance.
Johnson was shocking today, he was so weak defensively and got totally owned by the 33-year-old Petrov.
Its time now to jump in the transfer market in order to save this season, we can't depend on 2 players only Gerrard and Suarez, it pretty much the same situation as a few seasons ago when we had Torres.
We have replaced Xabi Alonso with the likes of Adam and Henderson who combined are not as good as him alone, we need at least 2-3 world class players in order to challenge for the 4th spot this season or else I can see us finish on our usual position 6th or 7th.

Dalglish picks the players...he manages them...
he sets up the tactics...
he makes the substitutions...

He is equally responsible as are the players.

The following need to be replaced from the first team:
(put on the bench) IF we buy better players.
- Johnson
- Henderson
- Skrtel
- Downing

The following must be sold:
- Kuyt
- Maxi
- Adam
- Carroll

We need :
- A right winger
- A left winger
- Playmaker
- Defensive holding midfielder
- 2 Strikers
- Right back
- Centre back
- A modern manager with tactical skills
good eye for skilfull players
and recent experience managing
(Rafa, Ralph Rangnick, Klopp, Unai Emery)

seriously Skrtel? if it wasnt for Lucas he would be my player of the season... he might end up with that award eventually..

Our defence except today is rock solid, in fact our back 4 with Reina should not be even mentioned to sell or replace, it´s our midfield and non existing wings + non exsisting attack threat we should think of sorting out...

just my opinion..

Dalglish picks the players...he manages them...
he sets up the tactics...
he makes the substitutions...

He is equally responsible as are the players.

The following need to be replaced from the first team:
(put on the bench) IF we buy better players.
- Johnson
- Henderson
- Skrtel
- Downing

The following must be sold:
- Kuyt
- Maxi
- Adam
- Carroll

We need :
- A right winger
- A left winger
- Playmaker
- Defensive holding midfielder
- 2 Strikers
- Right back
- Centre back
- A modern manager with tactical skills
good eye for skilfull players
and recent experience managing
(Rafa, Ralph Rangnick, Klopp, Unai Emery)

spot on.to think we were two to three players from being the best first eleven in europe under rafa to the rubbish we have now is a complete joke.if rafa had the money dalglish had,he would have never,no fucking way blow it on the over hyped british crap we have.only someone as narrow minded and clueless as dalglish or a hodgson would have done that.now that the milks turned sour,its funny to see all the uber fans who had thier heads so far dalglish/clarke/carroll/adam/downing/henderson arse now changing thier opinions.guess when they say its alright to "moan" then we all can eh?its not a fuckin love affair ffs,it's a bloody game.he is and was always be a legend.for now,just another average manager.the sooner people realise that,the better.

why oh why we didnt go for rangnick or even bring rafa back is beyond me.hopefully we try again for deschamps if these two reject us now.

seriously Skrtel? if it wasnt for Lucas he would be my player of the season... he might end up with that award eventually..

Our defence except today is rock solid, in fact our back 4 with Reina should not be even mentioned to sell or replace, it´s our midfield and non existing wings + non exsisting attack threat we should think of sorting out...

just my opinion..

nothing to do with the fact that he is of the same nationality as you would it?

You guys complaining about Dalglish need to realize that it wasn't his fault for such a poor performance.

We have replaced Xabi Alonso with the likes of Adam and Henderson who combined are not as good as him alone, we need at least 2-3 world class players in order to challenge for the 4th spot this season or else I can see us finish on our usual position 6th or 7th.

and whose fault is that?

Liverpool's Kenny Dalglish: Stewart Downing is better than I thought

Kenny Dalglish has defended Stewart Downing, describing him as a better player than he envisaged when paying £20m to sign the England international from Aston Villa, despite the winger's subdued start to his Liverpool career.

Downing has yet to score or create one league goal for Liverpool since his big money move from the Midlands, although he did register his first goal for the club in the FA Cup third-round win over Oldham Athletic, and growing criticism of the 27-year-old's performances has prompted Dalglish to defend his summer signing. The Liverpool manager, who has been offered the Serbian striker Milos Krasic by Juventus, believes Downing is still adjusting to life at a higher-profile club and that it has been unfair to play the former Middlesbrough winger in several positions during his debut season at Anfield.

"Stewart is a better player than I thought he was going to be," the Liverpool manager claimed. "I don't think it has been too comfortable for him either because we have played him in three or four positions, so maybe we need to look at ourselves and say we have to be fair to him as well. He is better than what I thought he was. He is quicker than what I thought he was and he is quicker than Carra [Jamie Carragher] thought he was as well."

Downing was replaced by Andy Carroll during Liverpool's dour goalless draw against Stoke City last weekend as Dalglish persisted with three central defenders against Peter Crouch and withdrew a supply line to the £35m forward. The pair have started only 11 games together for Liverpool this season. Dalglish added: "You have to be patient with every new player who comes in. You have to be patient with the older ones at times as well, like we did with Stevie [Gerrard] coming back. Patience is important but the most important thing is having the ability to play and everyone in our squad has the ability to play."

The woodwork has denied Downing a first league goal for Liverpool on four occasions this season while poor finishing from team-mates also accounts for his lack of assists. Dalglish does admit the £20m midfielder has still to adapt to the transition from Villa Park to Anfield.

"Stewart is a fantastic footballer," he added. "He is an England international, he made a big move in the summer to come here, as a few of them did, and with all due respect to the other clubs that he's been at, it is a massive club. He is going to need a little bit of time to get used to his new surroundings, which is only natural. He's put more crosses in than anybody else according to the stats and it is part of his job to put crosses in. It is another part of his job to put them in somewhere where we are going to score goals and it is another job for the team to get in there and put them in the back of the net."

Liverpool face Bolton Wanderers at the Reebok on Saturday evening and Dalglish has questioned the wisdom of Bolton's decision to sell Gary Cahill for £7m to Chelsea as they fight to stay in the Premier League. The Liverpool manager said: "It has been difficult for Owen Coyle and Bolton this year but I am sure they will buckle down and get themselves out of the mire. Although financially it might have been a good deal for Gary Cahill, I don't know whether it was the best one as a football decision for Owen, unless he has got someone lined up to replace him."

By the same token Dalglish does accept that Cahill's contractual position, with only six months remaining on his deal at the Reebok before he moved to Stamford Bridge, left Bolton in an unenviable situation. He added: "It is pretty obvious that the players are the ones with the strength nowadays, far more so than the clubs, but then there was a long time when the clubs had all the strength. I think it would be better for everyone if it was shared out more evenly.

"Everybody knows what the position is though if a player is running out of contract and if you cannot afford to keep them, you cannot afford to keep them. I think you would be more in the wrong if you tried to keep a player who you couldn't afford. A football club does not belong to any one individual, it is for the people and the community and no one wants to see it go to the wall. If you dig your heels in and don't allow a player to leave until his contract is up then, for me, I don't think that's the right approach."
Liverpool's Kenny Dalglish: Stewart Downing is better than I thought | Football | The Guardian

rmxMk.gif

and whose fault is that?

I was talking about the match against Bolton. There was nothing Dalglish could do to avoid defeat in the end.

As for the current Liverpool transfer policy on signing Young British players, I completely disagree.
I think we should hunt abroad and find some young South-American players or other world class players who would cost a lot cheaper than the overpriced and overrated British lads.
If Dalglish had gone for players like Llorente instead of Carroll, Jesus Navas instead of Downing and so on, we would have been where Spurs is right now or even higher.

Kenny Dalglish just said some players won't be in red shirts much longer if play like that again. Said they were disrespectful. Strong.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but weren't those new players bought by Dalglish. Dalglish is definitely not the right manager for Liverpool (anymore).

Oh and tik, Newcastle aren't falling apart, they were brilliant in the first half against Fulham and should have scored more than one goal. A referee mistake brought Fulham back in the game and then Dempsey started his one man show.

Liverpool should buy Dempsey and Dembele from Fulham, both are fantastic players.

@ Gerd,

It was just in reference to the score (which was 5-2 after conceding 4 goals in about 20min!) not their actual position or form in general. That's why I said Liverpool really needed to win to take advantage, and with Arsenal also losing it makes the loss and pathetic performance all the more annoying.

I prefer that Liverpool don't make any panic buys
this winter like we did last January....we all see how
that is turning out ....

I think we need to make wholesale changes in the summer....
from manager onwards.

I prefer that Liverpool don't make any panic buys
this winter like we did last January....we all see how
that is turning out ....

I think we need to make wholesale changes in the summer....
from manager onwards.

In order to avoid making panic buys we need to buy the players we have targeted before the January deadline, just the way we bought Suarez last year. I'd be happy if we bring in 2 players, a striker and a winger. Lets wait and see what Kenny's got in store for us.

In order to avoid making panic buys we need to buy the players we have targeted before the January deadline, just the way we bought Suarez last year. I'd be happy if we bring in 2 players, a striker and a winger. Lets wait and see what Kenny's got in store for us.

That is precisely why I don't want us to buy anyone and
waste any more money with Kenny in charge...

He has already wasted a lot of money...
(Carroll, Downing, Henderson were big money buys
...all of them squad players)

Please...let's have someone more modern and tactically astute...

FSG should see we have spent so much money and there
is no improvement compared to the 2nd half of last season
where Dalglish did well with the existing squad + Suarez.

Back
Top Bottom