Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I've Had Enough!!)

I agree with gerd....some of dalglish's football has been defensive...

but I think he is still better than Hodgson....

but Dalglish may not be the person to take us back into the CL...

For that we need a better tactician....and someone who has a better
eye for players..

Dalglish's recent record with Liverpool and before that with Newcastle
shows bad signings and not so great football.

Last edited:

amazing 1st half we play FOOTBALL there i like it , good to dont see Carroll in and those long balls to him who do our football ugly

Bellamy its great really every day im geting surprised by him

oh and lucky City dont get Penalty when Adam hit as one crazy Dzeko

hoping for a same 2nd half and we go to Wembly

I´m not going to defend Kenny or try to look as defending him, but the poor finishing cost us and mixed with Suarez ban and Lucas injury together... we created a lot chances with zero goals..agains the likes of Norwich and Swansea... if we managed to score from what we created, we would be already in top 4 now..

it´s all about goals, wich we don´t produce... hopefully Carroll can start scoring, becouse if we don´t buy a CF this window, we will not have a chance to rely only on Suarez after his return.. DM is a priority as well... Adam is not a DM, more an AM... him and Gerrard in two man midfield are not working...there is always a hole in midfield.. Spearing is good cover now, but for how long?
Cant you understand that it is not just a question of buying, it is a question of who you buy. With Dalglish in charge, you re very likely to end up buying another Carroll or another Downing. We had a better squad last year than now and this guy had 120M to spend.

58th minute and Pool are absolutely dominating. City are totally gonna win aren't they?

Edit. Guess not. Great victory that, well deserved. City were woeful. Hart outstanding.

Last edited:

From the guardian

5 Costliest signings are not necessarily Liverpool's best

Stewart Downing, Jordan Henderson, José Enrique and Charlie Adam all started for Liverpool while Andy Carroll stayed on the bench until the 90th minute. Again, however, the best performer among their summer recruits was Craig Bellamy, signed on a free transfer from Manchester City on deadline day and who left the field to a standing ovation having scored the goal that secured Liverpool's a place in the final against Cardiff City, another of his former clubs. Bellamy was the only player to escape criticism for the 3-1 defeat against Bolton and was inspirational here, defying the years and the theory that he cannot start two games in quick succession. His movement and will to win proved infectious and, for all the criticism of his character, it should be noted he apologised to the City end after his crucial goal.

Well glad to see Carroll was not playing...
and we seemed to be much more better ...

Bellamy...hope he plays for another 5 years !!

Cant you understand that it is not just a question of buying, it is a question of who you buy. With Dalglish in charge, you re very likely to end up buying another Carroll or another Downing. We had a better squad last year than now and this guy had 120M to spend.

you can´t predict how someone will play, who to buy.. i trust the man 100% before i criticize him for not buying someone i personaly will think is better...

what kind of players did Hodgson targeted, did you forgot?.... Reina almost left, Torres left, he sended Aqulani back to Italy... he was the reason no player wanted to play under him, FFS. He bought bellow awerage players and didn´t knew what to do with them, besides he was appointed by those who sacked Rafa to bring him instead.... how to even compare those mfo owners with current ones, who so far do amazing work, they get us shirt deal in football world so far, plan to actually build the stadium we need + trust someone if they appoint him... They didn´t spended a lot yet, becouse we sold our players, they spended about 44m. net spend if i´m not wrong..

So all in all, Dalglish did spedned a lot, but gues what? this guys are our owners now and they agreed: http://galeria.lfc.pl/galleries/mecze_2011-12/2012_01_25_city/23.jpg

+ how much did Mancini payed for his squad, we already won 4th time against them, well not won tonight but yeah.. we are trough..

í´m not going to discous, i lost all motivation to discous this.. think as you want..

Last edited:

I guess the question just becomes: Is Daglish good enough to take Liverpool to wherever it is they see themselves being.

Can he get into the top 6? Absolutely, but I'm pretty sure Pool have the 4th highest wages in the league, so is that all that impressive? Into the Top 4? Maybe. Into contention for the title? No, I don't think he can.

Do you think he's a better manager than Benitez?

I guess the question just becomes: Is Daglish good enough to take Liverpool to wherever it is they see themselves being.

Can he get into the top 6? Absolutely, but I'm pretty sure Pool have the 4th highest wages in the league, so is that all that impressive? Into the Top 4? Maybe. Into contention for the title? No, I don't think he can.

Better in what exactly?

You can´t say this and that are better than this and that, every manager has his own + and - side..EVERY manager make mistakes, not everyone will learn from them... What´s the difference between Ferguson buying Ashley Young and Dalglish buying Downing, Ferguson buying Jones (who we wanted as well) and Dalglish buying Henderson.. the difference is the fact Ferguson is a legend for his fans and they trust him, Dalglish just came and fans already are sceptic.. i hate modern fans who want everything to be success all of a sudden, look at Mourinho, he can´t beat Barca system, becouse this is succes system, they build it for over 10 years... yet modern LFC "supporter" thinks we are fucking Man. City or a some pseudo great club.. we are LFC and have some standards, in managing the club and i thank Fowler we have a normal owners... i´m not going to comment more on this matter here... i´m to much angry on some narrow view people here...

No way he is better than Benitez. He is a mediocre manager in charge of a millionaire project.

good game for the neutral... cardiff vs liverpool ,my bet is in Liverpool getting the 1st trophy :CW:

Better in what exactly?

You can´t say this and that are better than this and that, every manager has his own + and - side..EVERY manager make mistakes, not everyone will learn from them... What´s the difference between Ferguson buying Ashley Young and Dalglish buying Downing, Ferguson buying Jones (who we wanted as well) and Dalglish buying Henderson.. the difference is the fact Ferguson is a legend for his fans and they trust him, Dalglish just came and fans already are sceptic.. i hate modern fans who want everything to be success all of a sudden, look at Mourinho, he can´t beat Barca system, becouse this is succes system, they build it for over 10 years... yet modern LFC "supporter" thinks we are fucking Man. City or a some pseudo great club.. we are LFC and have some standards, in managing the club and i thank Fowler we have a normal owners... i´m not going to comment more on this matter here... i´m to much angry on some narrow view people here...

So all managers have advantages and disadvantages, therefore you can't say one is better than another? Okay then.

I don't mind Daglish. But he doesn't scare me like Mancini does at City, or Benitez used to. Yes, Pool will always beat United a couple times - because you've been very good at raising your game when we show up. But just like Ancelotti at Chelsea scared me and AVB doesn't, or Mancini does when Hughes didn't - I think that managers are the ultimate determination of how big a threat a team is.

Anyway, he's got you to the lil Cup final, first time in the modern Wembley and maybe you can't ask for more than that. You'll likely beat United on Saturday too, so two great cup runs and a decent is a great season. For some clubs. I just don't think Liverpool is that type of club. It's not so long ago you were challenging for the title. And since then you've not actually been skint.

No way he is better than Benitez. He is a mediocre manager in charge of a millionaire project.

yeah comparing Dalglish year with the 6 years of Benitez, that makes sence :APPLAUD:

To answer your question beachryan, someone should make similar table and compare Dalglish matches so far with Benitez matches.. Benitez didn´t had that much belief from fans, but he became legend for the CL win, but to compare them fully, we would need to take a look on their background as well.. and this are different since that days.. Liverpool that Dalglish took over was different than the club Benitez took over from.. I do belive Rafa was great coach, better maybe than Dalglish, but so far i can´t judge Dalglish properly, we have to give him next 5 years to compare to be fully fair. Our first year with Rafa i can´t remember but i think we didn´t played well from the start.. in fact the oposite... the fans also didn´t trusted Rafa buying spanish players like Alonso, Luis Garcia... they also wanted BETTER players..

Last edited:

Hey guys, is Suarez coming back against Wolves this Tuesday? I think I heard the commentator say that he is eligible.

I do belive in Dalglish project and it would be insane not to just becouse we payed high for Carroll, it was a risk for paying it...it was mistake but Dalglish will never say that in public...for me it was huge mistake to make the price public...but the circumstances didn´t allow us different, giving the fact it was end of transfer window...

Dalglish has huge HUGE impact at the team spirit since Hodgson left... he revitalised club and started to play youth, the likes of Flanagan, Robinson, Spearing, Kelly became more chances...i think he likes Shelvey a lot and will play him more... not to mention we only wait on Sterling and Coady to develop in to first team players soon.. (Coady already trained with first team again today) He bought Enrique as a bargain, Bellamy for free.. Henderson cost 16 m., Adam cost not much he should, only Carroll was so expensive but again, this is just becouse all the circumstances made the price and our buy possible.. we did over reacted, but he could turn out as great goalscorer, it just isn´t what everyone icluding me thought by watching this kid in Newcastle shirt... Only big dissapointment for me was Downing, who cost a lot and didnt play better than Young for example, who was bought from same team than him and who performed better than him...

As much as it sounds crazy i think that Dalglish gave Comolli ok for Suarez and Comolli "mastemrinded" the Carroll deal.. becouse i read some quotes about that deal and people were prasing Comolli for pulling it up... make whatever you want from that..

Our defence is more solid than under Benitez and Hodgson as they started, Dalglish bouth Coates becouse we couldn´t agree a deal for Jones, he wanted United..and to be honest Coates looks fantastic everytime he playes and he is just 21 or so...

He had to deal with long term injury to most important player in field wich is Lucas and Suarez ban...let´s wait how we play with all our players fit and ready...

Now we are after some kid in Groningen ...i belive this is most reasonable rumour of all, Teixeira a young striker.. as the policy is to bring youth and mix it with experience...

we see what next days will bring us..

Last edited:

--

PIPA...I see your point.....

Dalglish being in charge is so much better than Hodgson !!

But I think Liverpool fans want better than top-6...
and with such a huge outlay in the summer...we expect more.

I think the disappointing part is seeing how close Liverpool
came with Rafa in 2009....and knowing that it will take a while
to get back to those levels....and especially seeing the money
we wasted over the last 1 year...makes it disappointing..

Regarding Rafa...
Alonso and Garcia were reasonable successes in their first
seasons in england...

Both played in mid-table spanish teams if I remember...Sociedad and something else...

Downing and Carroll have played in england...so they are big disappointments..
the fact that Dalglish went with Bellamy who played against Bolton..
and dropped Carroll...indicates the level of trust.

You may be right about Comolli....maybe he's the one who got Carroll...

Still...Dalglish is not the man to take us back into the heights of CL..
he will bring stability and optimism.....but I would still be wary
of giving him/Commolli more money to spend.

I think the British players have had enough of seeing the job go to foreign coaches
at Liverpool...and a lot of foreign players come and go at our club...
that is why the media got rid of Rafa.....and Hodgson was pushed on to our club..
The likes of Gerrard and Carra were delighted to see Dalglish...and we must remember
that they are the most powerful players in the dressing room.
See how Gerrard came standing up against criticism of Dalglish..

At this point we don't need young players...since not many are playing in the 1st team..
we need experienced strikers/midfielders who are not too expensive....
Players who are good technically...and have good attitude...like Bellamy.

Last edited:

--

PIPA...I see your point.....

Dalglish being in charge is so much better than Hodgson !!

But I think Liverpool fans want better than top-6...
and with such a huge outlay in the summer...we expect more.

I think the disappointing part is seeing how close Liverpool
came with Rafa in 2009....and knowing that it will take a while
to get back to those levels....and especially seeing the money
we wasted over the last 1 year...makes it disappointing..

Regarding Rafa...
Alonso and Garcia were reasonable successes in their first
seasons in england...

Both played in mid-table spanish teams if I remember...Sociedad and something else...

Downing and Carroll have played in england...so they are big disappointments..
the fact that Dalglish went with Bellamy who played against Bolton..
and dropped Carroll...indicates the level of trust.

You may be right about Comolli....maybe he's the one who got Carroll...

Still...Dalglish is not the man to take us back into the heights of CL..
he will bring stability and optimism.....but I would still be wary
of giving him/Commolli more money to spend.

of course Liverpool fans expect more than 6th place, but nothing comes straight, we play great matches mixed wth very poor matches.. the team that is able to beat City away isn´t able to beat Bolton next week..it´s about consistency and motivation, more than about anything else...except of course the goals that we miss..it´s been our bigest problem, that´s why i feel Carroll needs lot of strenght becouse he has massive pressure on his shoulders... i feel sorry for him..
season is not over yet + in Rafa´s days City and Tottenham were not so great as they are now... it´s very though competition to get to top 4..

Garcia came from Barcelona ;)

About the season we almost won it, it´s mainly due to the fact Alonso was fantastic that season, yet Rafa wanted to replace him with Barry if i remember good + Torres was instant success, i still remember people being sceptic about him, becouse he didn´t scored a lot in Atletico before he joined.. and now he was breaking our records and PL records... now after that every striker will be look at poor comparing to him...but let´s wait untill Suarez and Lucas are both avileable mixed with next transfer windows, i belive in Dalglish, more than i belived in Rafa to be honest.. Rafa would never play youth as much as Kenny and youth is the answer in todays football... we can´t compete with City or other clubs in sallary, we never will be able to pay Aguero type strikers... Rafa wouldnt probably buy Carroll, but again, this is a realy WHAT IF question...the time then was either we buy or we spend rest of very bad season without main CF...

I do belive in Dalglish project and it would be insane not to just becouse we payed high for Carroll, it was a risk for paying it...it was mistake but Dalglish will never say that in public...for me it was huge mistake to make the price public...but the circumstances didn´t allow us different, giving the fact it was end of transfer window...

HouseFacePalm.jpg

of course Liverpool fans expect more than 6th place, but nothing comes straight, we play great matches mixed wth very poor matches.. the team that is able to beat City away isn´t able to beat Bolton next week..it´s about consistency and motivation, more than about anything else...except of course the goals that we miss..it´s been our bigest problem, that´s why i feel Carroll needs lot of strenght becouse he has massive pressure on his shoulders... i feel sorry for him..
season is not over yet + in Rafa´s days City and Tottenham were not so great as they are now... it´s very though competition to get to top 4..

Garcia came from Barcelona ;)

About the season we almost won it, it´s mainly due to the fact Alonso was fantastic that season, yet Rafa wanted to replace him with Barry if i remember good + Torres was instant success, i still remember people being sceptic about him, becouse he didn´t scored a lot in Atletico before he joined.. and now he was breaking our records and PL records... now after that every striker will be look at poor comparing to him...but let´s wait untill Suarez and Lucas are both avileable mixed with next transfer windows, i belive in Dalglish, more than i belived in Rafa to be honest.. Rafa would never play youth as much as Kenny and youth is the answer in todays football... we can´t compete with City or other clubs in sallary, we never will be able to pay Aguero type strikers... Rafa wouldnt probably buy Carroll, but again, this is a realy WHAT IF question...the time then was either we buy or we spend rest of very bad season without main CF...

Actually Rafa did play youngsters....Sinama Pongolle...Mellor...
and he did have a big part in setting up the Youth academy and
bringing in Rodolfo Borrell....and also bringing Dalglish back to LFC...

Rafa was here for 5 seasons...and he never spent that kind of money
......so not really a "what if" question...
For me Aquilani and Johnson were not worth the money....
given that Aquilani was injured...and Johnson is not a great defender...
and yes I could never understand why he undermined Alonso to get Barry....

I will repeat again...there was no need to get Carroll...the guy was
injured and he barely played in our team last season....
We did fine without him....last season and even this season we are far
better without him....
So in my view with Suarez and Kuyt and Maxi in the team last year
we did great to finish 6th....

So adding Carroll for 35m...was totally un-necessary...
I think Carroll himself would have been far better if he stayed
at Newcastle...
Dalglish has also lost faith in Carroll...seeing that he dropped
him for the most important game this season...the match tonight
which we reached the Carling Cup final...which Dalglish knows is
our realistic and only chance of getting a Cup....

I actually think he is more likely to win the league but less likely to win the CL. The majority of games so far this season Liverpool should have won, but poor finishing let them down. He gets the team to play attacking football and enjoy themselves and for the majority of games that should be enough in the league (if they could finish). Obviously with City's spending and the general strength of Utd it's unlikely to happen any time soon. Benitez' problem was that he would be too tactical for every game.

In the CL I think Benitez would win, but so far Dalglish has been quite effective in the big games, but you would wonder how much research they need for domestic games and how much they would do for European matches.

that´s your response?

wait, i don´t even want the response.. not sure why i write what i think if people here are like this..

:BYE:

Just ignore the clowns. Double headers who will cheer the team like mad if they win an FA Cup or any other big game. Negative fuckers who just say the same thing over and over and over and over again. It's boring. Made your points but honestly don't get what satisfaction they get from coming in here saying the same things time after time.

@PU6HY: Since you are a Cardiff City supporter I wanted to ask you sth about the Carling Cup final. Do you think Cardiff can beat Liverpool, cos' I missed most of Cardiff City's matches this season so I don't know how much they have changed from the last season?

Well obviously Cardiff miss Bellamy...what a great and underestimated player he is...IMO he was absolutely fantastic two seasons ago with Man City...never understood why Mancini didn't want him...must have been a great revenge for him.

I've always been a fan of him...Dalglish should use him more...

Back
Top Bottom