Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I've Had Enough!!)

I've been saying that for a while that Bellamy is
a superb player who needs more games at Liverpool..

Dalglish was being very careful with him not playing him
in consecutive games....

but now he seems our best striker......much more clinical
than Suarez.....
I just hope he stays injury free.....

Imagine him starting with Suarez in a few weeks at Old Trafford :-)

Re: Liverpool Thread

@PU6HY: Since you are a Cardiff City supporter I wanted to ask you sth about the Carling Cup final. Do you think Cardiff can beat Liverpool, cos' I missed most of Cardiff City's matches this season so I don't know how much they have changed from the last season?

Do I think Cardiff can beat them? Honestly depends on The Pools mentality. If they take the game lightly then there is always a chance as City aren't a bad footballing team. That's a bit of a cliche though.

Will they though? I can't see it to be honest. If Liverpool go at Cardiff like mad from the off, they will win comfortably. I just hope Cardiff don't get embarrassed as it's a tough ask to beat a full strength Liverpool when they are on fire. That doesn't happen often lately though! :)

With regards to Bellers injury, he just can't play two games on a trot that often. He actually played more than I thought he would last year down The City and he now doesn't play every Wales game. Cracking player though. Fair play to him. Love his attitude too. He's a winner and makes me laugh when he's having a go at people twice the size of him :)

Last edited:

This is amazing: http://www.birminghammail.net/birmi...villa-20m-for-stewart-downing-97319-30207316/

“There was some footage of Stewart where he was, from 30 yards away, kicking a football into five different trash cans and it was brilliant,” said chairman Werner.

“John and I said: ‘Oh my God, this player is brilliant, we’ve got to figure out a way to make a deal with him’.”

The Chairman pushed the signing of Downing after seeing a clearly fake video. Just...wow.

:LOL: sign`em cowboy!!!! in all fairness beckham did a pepsi commercial on the beach. So, I doubt John said that . Most Brits thinks yanks are dumb n easily fooled.

This is amazing: http://www.birminghammail.net/birmi...villa-20m-for-stewart-downing-97319-30207316/

“There was some footage of Stewart where he was, from 30 yards away, kicking a football into five different trash cans and it was brilliant,” said chairman Werner.

“John and I said: ‘Oh my God, this player is brilliant, we’ve got to figure out a way to make a deal with him’.”

The Chairman pushed the signing of Downing after seeing a clearly fake video. Just...wow.

Americans don't say brilliant. Fake

Cheer up Ryan ;)

Referee Martin Atkinson will definitely miss the game, after pulling out because of illness. It is now almost 11 months since Atkinson took charge of a Manchester United game, after he was fiercely criticised by Sir Alex Ferguson after United's 2-1 defeat by Chelsea.

137789241.jpg

What are you expecting tomorrow?

If United were healthy I believe they've a better starting XI, but without Vidic, Rooney, Nani and Cleverley I just can't see it. United haven't won at Anfield in more than 5 years.

If I were Liverpool I'd actually leverage Caroll for this match. United don't have Rio or Vida at the back, and just look at what Newcastle and Blackburn did to them by hoisting long balls at Smalling and Evans.

Anyway, just hope that the match is the focus, not the Suarez affair. I'm predicting a tense 3-1 victory to Pool.

i hope we win obviously and that Webb won´t be the ref..

certainly they make us racist again, just to mention, Anton Ferdinand recieved a bullet in post ahead of their match with Chelsea... wtf?

Last edited:

I think Bellamy will be dropped...since he played 2 games in 4 days.

Hoping to see Shelvey get a chance...

I just get the feeling both Downing and Carroll will help us win
this game....

I just get the feeling both Downing and Carroll will help us win this game....

Statistically the chance is getting bigger and bigger... ;)

As for the match, not sure, wouldn't be surprised to see a harsh red for a Liverpool player in the first half, preceded by some horrible chanting from both fans. Then a tight 1-0 win for Utd.

Again playing with 3 Central Defenders?? WTF is Kenny thinking? How comes he drops Adam and puts Carragher instead?
There is no creativity in midfield and if Adam and Bellamy won't come in soon, we are gonna loose today as ManU are dominating the match.

I think Kenny was Brilliant! He made a questionable subbing (Gerrard) it made sense Bellemy had so much energy, when Carroll headed a ball through to Kuyrt that was such beauty. Some will hate (KD) ,but he`s on a verge of bringing the double home. Taking both of Manchesters out in the same week :LOL: If you can`t get behind KD now, that means you`ll never be turned, and the pride is too much to live with.
Suarez`s reactions/celebration are the same like he scored haha!

SOT: 9-3 says it really.

Gosh it was a close one, I was like Oh my .. Chicharito comes in against tired legs, we're screwed ..

Thank God for Andy's head, he'll take it like he scores a goal ! Thank you Kuyt !!

Delighted for Dirk Kuyt, a player written off by many in this thread.
And yes, to be honest, today Carroll was decisive (although besides that and the chance a minute after the goal, he was his usual self).

Gerrard is a shadow of his former self...

PS: oh and congratulations to all Liverpool fans, i know how much this means to you people...

Great result. Generally a poor game, although not an especially poor performance by Liverpool or Utd. Liverpool were poor in possesion and Utd didn't really create much with their possesion. The gameplan to defend worked well mostly (besides Enrique's mistake) and nullified Utd for most of the match. Could have gone either way, but Liverpool just edged it with their attacking subs at the end.

Not a great match....but 2nd half last 20 minutes were great...

Dalglish got his subs spot on ....
I did not like the first half formation..
but I guess he did not have much of a choice given
it's our 3rd game in 8 days....
and he needed to rest Bellamy, Kuyt, Adam

Carroll was average...but did well to win the headers...and good play
from him to setup Kuyt's winner..
He could have scored in the end...hitting the bar..

Kuyt...I was one who was getting frustrated with him
in previous games....proved me wrong in the last 2 cup
games....setting up Bellamy vs City
and today winning the match !!!

Downing...apart from a few flashes....still average

Maxi was not good either...

A tight game....but Liverpool edged it with the last 20 minutes

Great Result for the team !!!

i think we played well, we basicly played 5-4-1 with Andy being alone up front again..i think this was his best game so far for us, nevermind he didn´t score (he almost did after Kuyts goal) but he fighted very hard and he was much better in reading the game and in defensive areas.. he won almost everything in air.. good game for him... but MOM for me was Martin Skrtel or Agger, both amazing again.. Agger jump was crazy for the goal.. Enrique on the other side was very poor for his usual self.. as we are used to.. Him and Henderson often look like affraid of contact..i don´t think i saw Henderson or him going to a tackle or something to win the ball even risking a foul... that´s worrying a bit..

All in all we were lucky Rooney didn´t play becouse at some points we were to open in back and those Wellbeck shoots could have been goals if there was Rooney imho..

Best united player for me was Scholes, realy surprised me a lot.. De Gea isn´t better as Lindegaard imho, he surely was not happy about Lindegaard warming up after Agger scored...

I´m happy we won it and avoid the Old Trafford possible match, roll on next game..

btw, we won at home finally.. Luis also returns in best time possible...

hope we sign another striker to...

Tough match to lose from a United perspective. Both teams were pretty uninspiring, and as I said before the match what scared me most was route 1. And that was our undoing.

Still, missing 5 first XI players away at the hardest place in country getting a 2-1 is hardly a surprise.

Looking forward to welcoming Liverpool to OT in the league shortly, once we have Rooney, Rio and Nani back at least.

Credit to the ref too. I thought he was going to send of Maxi, but kept all 11 on the pitch and managed well. If that had been Atkinson it would hav ebeen a disaster.

i think we played well, we basicly played 5-4-1 with Andy being alone up front again..i think this was his best game so far for us, nevermind he didn´t score (he almost did after Kuyts goal) but he fighted very hard and he was much better in reading the game and in defensive areas.. he won almost everything in air.. good game for him... but MOM for me was Martin Skrtel or Agger, both amazing again.. Agger jump was crazy for the goal.. Enrique on the other side was very poor for his usual self.. as we are used to.. Him and Henderson often look like affraid of contact..i don´t think i saw Henderson or him going to a tackle or something to win the ball even risking a foul... that´s worrying a bit..

All in all we were lucky Rooney didn´t play becouse at some points we were to open in back and those Wellbeck shoots could have been goals if there was Rooney imho..

Best united player for me was Scholes, realy surprised me a lot.. De Gea isn´t better as Lindegaard imho, he surely was not happy about Lindegaard warming up after Agger scored...

I´m happy we won it and avoid the Old Trafford possible match, roll on next game..

btw, we won at home finally.. Luis also returns in best time possible...

hope we sign another striker to...

Agreed with most of what you said there...

Enrique and Henderson look too scared....and conservative...

We need a more attack-minded midfielder
and a striker...

Looking good after the gloom of 1 week ago....

Hope they build on this...

Last edited:

definetly, i wish we could play United and City or top clubs in PL often... we are playing always good against top teams..we seem motivated to our limits and there we show how we can play... as for small teams, we dissapointed this season many times now..

If this was Carroll's best match for Liverpool...jesus.
Well he was decisive, but once again he showed that he lacks basic skills, movement...

Back
Top Bottom