Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

i take Bent over Jelavic, but Jelavic is two years younger.. i can´t say a lot of him, everyone looks good in Scotish leauge, especially playing for one of the two big teams there...

Bent on other side is proven in many clubs in Premier League..

also

Scott has confirmed that Kuyt will be leaving at the end of the season along with maxi both players have been told thats all we know at this stage

Not sure about bent tbh, fantastic scoring record but pretty one dimensional player. He's a poacher but he's movement is lacking compared to hernandez or even defoe. If we are serious about him hope we do not spend silly money on him because it won't be worth it in the long run.

I can see the money spent on caroll having a detrimental effect on the team in terms of transfers, would have been better off going for an unknown quantity in a de jong last january, would've been a far less expensive gamble.

Shaqiri was available for under €10m last jan and was the lw we should of signed instead of the painfully average downing Shaquiri won't move this jan but he's fee has doubled for this season.

Tiote a very good player but wouldn't mind having cabaye instead quite a simular player to lucas.

i take Bent over Jelavic, but Jelavic is two years younger.. i can´t say a lot of him, everyone looks good in Scotish leauge, especially playing for one of the two big teams there...

Bent on other side is proven in many clubs in Premier League..

:TTTH: I agree scottish league isn't that strong but everyone doesn't perform that good in scottish league, theres the odd here and there good performances but theres a handful of players who are consistant and playing well, one is jelavic and also for croatia, he's a player in which liverpool don't have, poacher/clinical finisher.

YouTube - Nikica Jelavić | All 19 Goals: 2010/2011 (HD)

So we are still in for this overpriced and overrated players that play in the Premier League. I though that after some really mediocre transfers this model was going to change but sounds like Henry and his guys love to waste money.

http://s.telegraph.co.uk/graphics/hotspotgraphics/320liverpool/crack.html

Liverpool_Suarrez_2099731a.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...als-per-shot-ratio-in-the-Premier-League.html

another stat that means fuck all

Well it proves that Suarez is fucking rubbish at putting the ball in the net and Bellamy should play more often for one...

Matherto, when are you going to answer my question about Benitez in the Spanish football thread?

Sessegnon and Moses are two other Liverpool targets, whats ur opinion about them?
I think both of them would be great additions especially Moses...lets wait and see what's gonna happen...

Last edited:

Sessegnon and Moses are two other Liverpool targets, whats ur opinion about them?
I think both of them would be great additions especially Moses...lets wait and see what's gonna happen...

Moses is an excellent talent - was shocked that he went to Wigan tbh. Starting to show now what he can do, both out wide and through the middle. Would be a great piece of business imo.

Sessegnon...not so sure. Inconsistent at best.

Sigh. Dig. Dig. Dig.

That's a bit of an hypocrite reaction, my friend...
We all know what a major arse hole Evra his. He's constantly in the negative publicity...

Moses and Sessegnon?

Sessegnon will never a player for Liverpool.
Moses has shown very promising things but IMO it's too early for him to go to Liverpool at the moment.
On top of that, these are not the sort of players Liverpool fans want now. Liverpool need to sign a (non-English) high-profile player for the fans.

That's a bit of an hypocrite reaction, my friend...
We all know what a major arse hole Evra his. He's constantly in the negative publicity...

Moses and Sessegnon?

Sessegnon will never a player for Liverpool.
Moses has shown very promising things but IMO it's too early for him to go to Liverpool at the moment.
On top of that, these are not the sort of players Liverpool fans want now. Liverpool need to sign a (non-English) high-profile player for the fans.

Agree on player assessments of Moses and Sessegnon, don't think it's hypocritical at all. Evra is a loud mouthed, annoying git. I don't have massive respect for him as a person, and if United actually had another LB in their squad he'd probably not play as much.

Being an arsehole/ loud mouth/ annoying git does not mean he was not called a negro in an aggressive manner by Suarez. That's all this should be about.

It's like saying the girl deserved to be raped because she wore that low-cut top. There's a line in the sand on what is okay in society/ on a football pitch, and Suarez crossed it. And is rightly punished for it. It really is that simple.

I would find it hard to believe that Carroll
is up for sale this January.....unless someone pays a huge offer (20m+)
More likely he will be given this chance this month while Suarez
is out.
If he still flops, probably in the summer he may go..
but we can always hope :-)

I'm not too sure about Bent....especially if we pay 20m+ for him...
he is not that good....yes he's a better finisher....and EPL proven..
but so was Downing...and he has'nt done much so far.

For that money we should go for Higuain or someone of that profile..
only thing is how many top players will want to come here ?

I hope we stay away from Jelavic....with all due respect
it is the Scottish league...and is too much of a risk.

If Wesley Sneijder is for sale at Inter...we should get him...
but he may want CL football.

We need at high-quality midfielder and striker....

Sell Downing and Carroll in the summer if things don't improve with them.

Sneijder's wages are too much for United - could Pool afford to break their wage structure for him? I know he's an upgrade on midfield, but at the same time that's not exactly Pool's problem area.

If I were Liverpool I'd be after a winger who actually plays like a winger, and a decent, experienced striker to fill a Suarez shaped hole for the rest of the season.

I'd make an offer for Adam Johnson, and Bobby Zamora, if KK wants to stick with the prem.

Being an arsehole/ loud mouth/ annoying git does not mean he was not called a negro in an aggressive manner by Suarez. That's all this should be about.

It's like saying the girl deserved to be raped because she wore that low-cut top. There's a line in the sand on what is okay in society/ on a football pitch, and Suarez crossed it. And is rightly punished for it. It really is that simple.

That's not what i meant to say.
What i want to say is that Evra has previous has saying racist things himself. Then you don't have any reason to complain about racism.
That does not mean i'm OK with what Suarez said.
This simply adds to my feeling that this had anything to do with racism as far as Evra was concerned.

What i want to say is that Evra has previous has saying racist things himself. Then you don't have any reason to complain about racism.
This simply adds to my feeling that this had anything to do with racism as far as Evra was concerned.

Gotcha, fair enough.

this.

Bent will score lots of goals. No doubt about it.

People will say he's not a great player and he's not but he will do what his job is and that is to put the finishing touches on the passes/crosses and get Liverpool many goals as he has done for all previous clubs. If anything with better service from the likes of Gerrard, I expect him to do even better than he did at Ipswich, Charlton, Aston Villa and Sunderland. And he's not young but he's got 3 great years ahead of him at least and maybe a couple more decent ones so it's a decent investment. It's nice to buy a finished article for once and not another 'Maybe in the future will be a good player' like Carroll, Henderson and many other younger players who I like but can't contribute immensely right away.

And I disagree tik3 that his movement isn't as good as let's say Defoe and Hernandez. I'd say he's right up there with those two among the best in this league. Bent's off the ball movement and ability to be in the right position is probably why such an average player has had such a successful career. He's a great poacher and that is largely based on his great off the ball movement. I don't think there any better at off the ball movement and beating offside trap than Darren in this league.

He'll cost quite a lot but in my opinion will be worth it. Bar something unusual like a freak injury (and it would be unusual as he has great fitness and great injury record) , he's virtually guaranteed to score goals and do what Carroll can't and also a lot more lethal than Suarez. Luis is of course twice the player Bent is but in terms of putting the ball in the back of the net, there are very few better in EPL than Darren.

EDIT: So in conclusion for me, good purchase if it happens even if it is for a high price which it inevitably will be for such a proven player in his peak and I expect Liverpool to put away a lot more chances in 2nd half of the season than they did first (where they were quite wasteful at times) if it goes through.

Last edited:

Totally agree with PLF. I was massively disappointed with Bent's time at Spurs - thought he was really going to flourish there but clearly 'Arry didn't fancy 'im.

Doesn't matter what team you stick him in, he scores. And that is Liverpool's biggest problem at the moment.

What baffles me is how they can afford him. He was only just purchased for £20m, so any new transfer fee would have to surpass that surely? Given the spending on Carroll and Suarez was only 12 months ago, plus the Downing/ Adams/ Enrique etc spend in the summer seems some serious money going out with little to none coming back in.

Plus they've no CL or even Europa League to bring in additional revenue this year.

I think his transfer fee will probably be close to what Villa bought him for but only slightly more. I wouldn't expect it to be more than £25M. That's probably the right figure and I'd be happy with that price for all the reasons mentioned in above post where as a lot of people would whine about it being too high just because he's not a 'spectacular' player or a household name worldwide.

In regards to the massive investment, yeah it's true. It's good to see FSG are for real and willing and able to invest where they think is needed to improve the team. Good for a neutral like me anyway maybe not for Liverpool rivals. And clearly like you said, Liverpool really need a lethal forward right now. Especially with Suarez out for an extended period of time. Darren Bent is the perfect man and he'd gladly swap Aston Villa for Liverpool so he's also one of the few good proven players Liverpool CAN get.

Nice buy by the board and Dalglish if it happens and it'd be my favourite purchase much more so than the other players already bought as I've lot of faith in Bent and think he'll do well and do well immediately with very little time to adapt.

For some reason I thought Carroll was 6'6" or taller. It's either my imagination or the way he moves but he seems slower and more clumsy than Croush

Last edited:

No, he's not a freakishly tall guy! No NBA stuff lol. But he is tall. He's like 6"3 I think, isn't he? something like that but he's much bulkier/stronger than Crouch. And of course not as good technically. Peter has a far better first touch.

Well it proves that Suarez is fucking rubbish at putting the ball in the net and Bellamy should play more often for one...

and yakubu is a "world class" striker judging by this season.whats your point smartass?

Back
Top Bottom