Liverpool Thread

cisse just said that he's unhappy that wiltord choose lyon over liverpool... i really hoped he could have entered... at least a new attacker who plays MR... which is similar to garcia..

mathewsss said:
we face a West Brom side who won't be easy to beat.

Well if we get at them and control the game early on it will be easy...

plus Monaco in the Champions league

Damn! ITV for getting a shit deal with the CL coverage...

Apparently Benitez is looking to sign Ayala & Mista when the transfer window re-opens.(paper talk)

i dont think ayala will leave... but i think mista will... because he'll want to enter the better club ;)

110904-a-garcia_250_01.jpg

GARCIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! :D

GREAT RESULT TODAY, GLAD TO SEE LUIS GET ON THE SCORESHEET.

It sounded on the radio like he was our man of the match, he seemed to be involved in every bit of commentary I heard.

A win is a win but we have to remember that we were only playing West Brom

Good win Scousers, and you have more points than us :( But hopefully not for long ;)

By the way, does anyone know what happened to Misfit, he never posts anymore?

ninjabreakz said:
Good win Scousers, and you have more points than us :( But hopefully not for long ;)

By the way, does anyone know what happened to Misfit, he never posts anymore?

I think he finally got a life.....damn him

i think it's a great result... but i really hoped alonso would have started and scored or at least set-up a goal... but still a great result to put us back on track but now we gotta face the next problem... MONACO: with saviola and chevanton... and then after that a mid-week clash with Man U. with Rio :x

kms53 said:
i think it's a great result... but i really hoped alonso would have started and scored or at least set-up a goal... but still a great result to put us back on track but now we gotta face the next problem... MONACO: with saviola and chevanton... and then after that a mid-week clash with Man U. with Rio :x

Hamann wasn't selected for the German team, whilst Alonso, well he was picked for his national team and he played in both their games, so I wasn't really that surprised to see Didi start.

I'd add Kallon and Adebayor to that awesome strike force that Monaco have. It should be a tough game. A good start is vital.

Looking forward to the Utd game as well. Rio will strengthen their defence to some extent, but with the calamity Frenchman beside him, they're not actually really a formidable pair.

ya but the prob is that alonso was the one who made the bad pass that led to the draw against spain :(

Good result and nice to see a clean sheet...some great pass & movement for the first and third goal. We still seem to start off matches with that "Playing like one of Houllier's team-symdrome..." which i'm sick of hearing....And Garcia was the exact quality that we needed...

Steven gerrard honestly plays about 3 positions for liverpool. In a game he is everywheer and if he left liverpool in january i would think liverpool r in real trouble

[quote="CWright]
I think he finally got a life.....damn him[/quote]

will give it away to post here regularly again.Worry you not...

We can beat them them, if we can keep their forwards quiet. Bar the forwards they're not quite the same attacking force of last year with no Ibarra, Guily and Rothen...

Saviola is suspended and Chevanton is injured (I think). Kallon is the one that we'll have to watch out for. Looking forward to the game, I'm feeling confident. I reckon we'll pick up all three points.

AgentSmithMatrix said:
Saviola is suspended and Chevanton is injured (I think). Kallon is the one that we'll have to watch out for. Looking forward to the game, I'm feeling confident. I reckon we'll pick up all three points.

are you sure saviola is suspended?? because in the www.uefa.com fantasy league i have saviola and it says he's available for the next game :l

kms53 said:
AgentSmithMatrix said:

are you sure saviola is suspended?? because in the www.uefa.com fantasy league i have saviola and it says he's available for the next game :l

o ya you're right.. they just updated the ban.. i just checked... Thx ;) .. that's much better for us!!

Looking forward to our return to Champs League actions tonight and hope we get off to a good start. I cant see Rafa changing the team from the one that started on Saturday as it looked solid in defence and attack, though Baros did look sharp when he came on late. Maybe the one change then, Baros in for Cisse

I reckon Alonso might come into the team, probably in place of Hamann. Benitez might just persist with Finnan. Although he doesn't contribute to the team as much as some of the other players, he does provide good width, and he's a decent crosser of the ball as well.

i heard in sky news today that alonso will come in place of finnan and garcia will play behind cisse not baros...

kms53 said:
i heard in sky news today that alonso will come in place of finnan and garcia will play behind cisse not baros...

That makes no freakin' sense*? It's like playing Vieira in Pires' position, or playing Keano in Giggs' position! Hmmm, hope Rafa knows what he's doing.

* Whilst typing this, i realised that Wenger did play Gilberto in Ljungberg's postion towards the end of last season. :shock:

Re: Liverpool Thread

Alonso will probably be playing more central than people think, I wouldn't be suprised if we lacked width on the right, Gerrard and Garcia will be all over the pitch so one of them can take up that position from time to time...

IceMan_Bergkamp said:
* Whilst typing this, i realised that Wenger did play Gilberto in Ljungberg's postion towards the end of last season. :shock:

Yes, but that was when Wiltord was injured so they didn't have any cover for Freddie. If Ljungberg gets injured now, they can play Pennant instead, or Pires on the right and Reyes on the left. The squad is quite a bit stronger this year, so I doubt Wenger would resort to putting Gilberto on the right wing now.

Liverpool team for tonight's game:

Dudek

Josemi-Hyypia-Carragher-Riise

Finnan-Alonso-Gerrard-Kewell

Garcia

Cisse

C'MON YOU REDS!!!

Back
Top Bottom