Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Lookin good so far. Garcia looks like hes been playing for us for years

Long time since I sat back after a match and thought we actually played good football.

Things are looking good..

Good performance.Looks like Benitez is sticking to his Valencia Formation which has brought him success.Will work in europe(as we all saw last night)...hopefully.Dont know if it will work in the premiership though.Must say things are lookin up though.Up next,those filthy manc monkeys....

Benitez's Valencia: Benitez's Liverpool
.................Canizares............. Dudek
CurruTorres..Ayala..Marchena...Carboni Josemi..Carra..Hyppia..Riise
Rufete.....Albelda.......Baraja......Vicente Finnan..Gerrard..Xabi..Kewell
...................Aimar......................... Luis Garcia
..................Mista.......................... Cisse

Good analogy to the Valencia formation.
I think Liverpool are gradually turning into the attacking unit
that we've all dreamt of for many years.
Things can only get better once the team really gels....
Benitez is a humble bloke who's doing his work quietly while
all the attention is on Wenger, Mourinho and Ferguson.
I can't wait for the ManU game, they're showing it live here in the US
and I will be taking a long lunch break to watch this one.

I liked the way we still looked like attacking after we went 2 goals up, makes a change from the Houllier style of play.

Bring on Jammy United

mathewsss said:
Good analogy to the Valencia formation.
I think Liverpool are gradually turning into the attacking unit
that we've all dreamt of for many years.
Things can only get better once the team really gels....
Benitez is a humble bloke who's doing his work quietly while
all the attention is on Wenger, Mourinho and Ferguson.
I can't wait for the ManU game, they're showing it live here in the US
and I will be taking a long lunch break to watch this one.

True that.

Matthew - I joined UEFA.com's Action memebership for $40 for the year and i get live audio of Champ's League games. Later in the day i get access to any Champs League match replayed (VIDEO) at will on my cpu in its entirerty, or i can pick and choose certain events in the game (goals, shots on goal, etc). Check it out -well worth it.

Gotta say LFC looked good last nite, considering the way you's have been playing over the past few years it'd looked like a big improvement, plenty of chances created, Garcia and sissy looked lively.

Cracking finish by Baros, he play's with his head down too much for my liking and its reported that him and sissy dont get on but too score from a tight angle like that is impressive.

Cant wait for Monday, any of you lot going??

Rio for the first goal!
But it's gonna be tough taking on a new and improved in form Liverpool....but not that tough :D

Cant leave work for the game, so I'll catch the replay tonight and then watch Monday Night Pigskin with the Vikings vs Eagles. Gerrard v Viera. Then Moss vs Owens. What a night. :applause:

ghazi said:
Cant leave work for the game, so I'll catch the replay tonight and then watch Monday Night Pigskin with the Vikings vs Eagles. Gerrard v Viera. Then Moss vs Owens. What a night. :applause:

Hold on there sparky, when did Viera sign for United?!!?!

Surely you mean Keane

Is everyone but me bladdered today?

Metallica said:
well done Liverpool for being part of a good game of football tonight

Good game, good game

Yeah, entertaining, but I gotta point out that L`pool were crap. Cisse and Baros don`t know how to stay on-side, L`pool cant hold the ball against good oposition, and Caragher is not the best of defenders. It was like watching England (L`pool) they would sit back, and get the ball in defence, and hoof it long looking for Cisse/Baros - I felt sorry for them. Benitez has his work cut out. Fair play to United, they were superb in the 1st half, they held the ball, and were dogged in the 2nd half. Also, an injury to Gerrard (who L`pool rely on FAR too much) which will add to L`pools hangover. Everton higher in the table, not happy days at Anfield I guess . . . . .

We were disappointing today.
Our passing in the 1st half was awful and we let United dominate us too much.
We could have been 2 or 3 behind by half-time.
The defending at both of their goals was terrible, allowing Silvestre almost 2 free headers.

The 2nd half was a bit better, I was hoping Cisse would have been subbed earlier
because he just did'nt look up to it today. We could have used Baros earlier.
Garcia looked very frail today, was too easily dispossessed frequently. He kept
trying fancy stuff which never worked, instead of mixing it with simple passes or control.
The whole midfield was absent in the 1st half.

Alonso was terrific in the 2nd half, he really dominated the midfield with some superb
passing and setpiece deliveries.

I'm glad some of the hype from our last 2 matches will die down now,
because we still are a long way from being a great team.
At times people were talking about us being back to the old Liverpool of the 80s.
Let's wait till the end of the season before making such hasty judgments.

mathewsss said:
We were disappointing today.
Our passing in the 1st half was awful and we let United dominate us too much.
We could have been 2 or 3 behind by half-time.
The defending at both of their goals was terrible, allowing Silvestre almost 2 free headers.

The 2nd half was a bit better, I was hoping Cisse would have been subbed earlier
because he just did'nt look up to it today. We could have used Baros earlier.
Garcia looked very frail today, was too easily dispossessed frequently. He kept
trying fancy stuff which never worked, instead of mixing it with simple passes or control.
The whole midfield was absent in the 1st half.

Alonso was terrific in the 2nd half, he really dominated the midfield with some superb
passing and setpiece deliveries.

I'm glad some of the hype from our last 2 matches will die down now,
because we still are a long way from being a great team.
At times people were talking about us being back to the old Liverpool of the 80s.
Let's wait till the end of the season before making such hasty judgments.

In other words, our strikers are vastly overrated.

i wouldnt get too cocky all u mancs out there

we made u look good in the first half

second half you couldnt cope

and all this shit i hear about ferdinand, watch the game again, you will see he did ok in the first half but second half he was absolute balls

also, it was clearly not a corner and free kick, if you doubt this, watch a replay IT CLEARLY SHOWS

sigh, kevano, no one here is being cocky. if anything, visit the united thread and you can see how disappointed we are about our start to this season. we are just very happy about the victory, for it is only our second in six matches, very poor in our standards.

we re just happy to have rio back, and clearly soo is a certain frenchman who bagged a brace tonight too... thats all

-fb

kevano22 said:
i wouldnt get too cocky all u mancs out there

we made u look good in the first half

second half you couldnt cope

and all this shit i hear about ferdinand, watch the game again, you will see he did ok in the first half but second half he was absolute balls

also, it was clearly not a corner and free kick, if you doubt this, watch a replay IT CLEARLY SHOWS

Who is being cocky? As for Rio being balls, well, I think you are talking balls. He won man-of-the-match, or did you expect "I dont know how to stay onside" Baros to get it?

TBH, I really don't care about United's performance or fans.
I'm sure they're not too happy with their season, as are we with ours.

What was concerning was our performance in the 1st half and overall we did not have
any attacking threat whatsoever from our 2 forwards.
Cisse just did not do enough today to test Ferdinand/Silvestre. Garcia was also having
a terrible game.
Baros should have come on at half-time. Once he did come on, we looked a better team
with Alonso having a great game in the 2nd half.
We really need one more Striker and Central Defender during the next Transfer window.

Now that Gerrard is out, it will be interesting to see how we can recover.
The only hope is on Alonso and Garcia to add spark to the midfield.

I can't believe how good C.Ronaldo has become. That guy is awesome. Hopefully Garcia can be our sparkplug once he gets more settled in.

Anyway, Liverpool played okay.... I think our defense and midfield did a good enough job to win, but we lacked a lot from our strikers. To be fair to Garcia, he worked hard but was tackled out of the game (kudos SCUM) but Ciise looked like he couldn't have cared less to be out there, which is usually not the case from what I've seen. Baros put forth the proper effort but just couldn't get it going.

I'd agree that Rio did a great job, but when he was suspended he was one of the top CBs in the world so I expected no less. My opinion, Ronaldo was clearly the difference maker and the man of the match.

A tie would have been the more fair result as 'Pool could've stolen some points if the referee had correctly called the goalkick instead of the corner (hey, that happens) or if the ref had decided to give a pen for Heinze's pull-down of Carragher (a foul anywhere else on the field... but I'd have been surprised to see a penalty).... Oh well, I think Benitez is doing a fine job... if GH was still in charge this would be a nightmare.

EatonTJ said:
I can't believe how good C.Ronaldo has become. That guy is awesome. Hopefully Garcia can be our sparkplug once he gets more settled in.

Anyway, Liverpool played okay.... I think our defense and midfield did a good enough job to win, but we lacked a lot from our strikers. To be fair to Garcia, he worked hard but was tackled out of the game (kudos SCUM) but Ciise looked like he couldn't have cared less to be out there, which is usually not the case from what I've seen. Baros put forth the proper effort but just couldn't get it going.

I'd agree that Rio did a great job, but when he was suspended he was one of the top CBs in the world so I expected no less. My opinion, Ronaldo was clearly the difference maker and the man of the match.

A tie would have been the more fair result as 'Pool could've stolen some points if the referee had correctly called the goalkick instead of the corner (hey, that happens) or if the ref had decided to give a pen for Heinze's pull-down of Carragher (a foul anywhere else on the field... but I'd have been surprised to see a penalty).... Oh well, I think Benitez is doing a fine job... if GH was still in charge this would be a nightmare.

A draw would never have been a fair result - we outplayed L`pool for most of the game. As for giving you a penalty? Where was our penalty for the foul on V.Nistlerooy, 1st half - just cause he didnt go down, no penalty. It evens itself out, guys . . . .

I agree with ninja, Liverpool deserved to lose, but we were our own worst enemies by playing like crap in the 1st half and our toothless attack in the entire game.

Gotta say Alonso looks the real deal. Sissy is just that, first tackle of the game and he decided he didnt wanna play anymore, cant see scousers being too happy with that.

also kewell went awol, risse nuts got twisted (as did most of the team) by Ronaldo.

It was always gonna be close but you's fucked it in the 1st half, where was murphy when you needed him lol.

Bad news about Stevie G, looks like he'll miss the england game aswell as a few games for you's........

Anyway a good time was had by all, defo one of the better United V LFC games ive seen at OT for awhile.

14 years....................

Back
Top Bottom