Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Did you read my post? I know you aint saying you are gonna win the league but AFTER ONE MATCH AGAINST NORWICH you are posting stuff like:

"Yep, three more points tomorrow hopefully. The team looks quite solid without Gerrard, perhaps we work better as a unit without him"

My point being, how can you make judgements like this after 1 match, at home, against a team in the bottom 3 of the Premiership? Also, I think you WILL miss Gerrard tomorrow, away game, loadsa pressure, he is a perfect counter-attacking midfielder.

ninjabreakz said:
Did you read my post? I know you aint saying you are gonna win the league but AFTER ONE MATCH AGAINST NORWICH you are posting stuff like:

"Yep, three more points tomorrow hopefully. The team looks quite solid without Gerrard, perhaps we work better as a unit without him"

My point being, how can you make judgements like this after 1 match, at home, against a team in the bottom 3 of the Premiership? Also, I think you WILL miss Gerrard tomorrow, away game, loadsa pressure, he is a perfect counter-attacking midfielder.

There are days when I can let your posts really annoy me but this aint one of them. Water off a ducks back today mate ;)

Mr. Wright, that was not aimed at you, it was the guy with the Cisse as his avatar. Also, you think that I dont like you, I`m sure, but you crack me up, I think you are a good geezer. Why do my posts annoy you?

CWright said:
Unless you actually buy some other games before then.

To keep this topic where it should be I wonder if Warnock will keep his place on the left as I was impressed with him at the weekend

I've been impressed everytime i've seen him, he maybe England's solution to the left side in the long term (he is English isn't he?). Kewell is a quality player, but seriously needs a rocket up his arse... keep Warnock in if you ask me. I hope we keep 2 up front as well, although it seems unlikley in a champions league away game.

ninjabreakz said:
Why do my posts annoy you?

I think its coz u are a smug Manc loving twat, nothing personal ;)

As you previously stated I added you to my XBox Live Friends list so I obviously dont hate you that much

ninjabreakz said:

It's not a judgement, just an observation from the last game.

ninjabreakz said:
Awwwwwwwwwww gimme a kiss, Mr Wright ;)

You come near me and I will beat you to death with the car stereo I have in my pocket at all times

CWright said:
You come near me and I will beat you to death with the car stereo I have in my pocket at all times
HA! I like it, you got good humour Mr. Wright. I think i fancy you x

Well I would'nt get too carried away about Liverpool's thrashings of Norwich, West Brom.
Yes, we looked great in these matches, but there's still a long way to go.
Yes, I am optimistic that these wins do show the signs for better things to come.
I'm as relieved as the next Liverpool fan about us playing good attacking football
rather than the Houllier-esque long balls and negative play.

But we still don't look very composed away from home.
Rafa was saying how he felt that it's good to beat teams like Norwich, but we need to do better
against the tougher opponents.
I think we may still have a few highs and lows in this season, before the team can stabilize
into a tough unit.

Benitez hasnt got a clue when it comes to away games

another poor display and it needs to improve and it needs to improve very fast

we will get slaughtered if things dont change for the chelsea game

There was a slight improvement in the 2nd half but only because they looked like they were happy with the goal.

Zonal marking at set pieces doesnt work and if we set up like that again on Sunday we will get hammered as Chelsea have the quality to punish us. Maybe that kind of defending works over in Spain but as we have been playing a different system for ages it could take us a helluva long time to adjust. For our sakes I hope he bins it

It will be interesting to see how we line up on Sunday

Not the great team everyone was raving about after NORWICH. I told you guys you`d miss Gerrard . . . On top of all this, Pizza Hut have just delivered me a 12" pizza instead of a 10", and United have won 6-2. Who said I`m smug!????? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

ninjabreakz said:
Not the great team everyone was raving about after NORWICH. I told you guys you`d miss Gerrard . . . On top of all this, Pizza Hut have just delivered me a 12" pizza instead of a 10", and United have won 6-2. Who said I`m smug!????? ;)

You're smug and you're a c*nt.

CWright said:
After Saturdays showing I am quietly confident that we can surprise a few Euro teams
Surprise!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

CWright said:
We have had 5 years of shite negative footy, at least let us have our moment
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Looks like it was another crap away performance.
It's still early days, like I said we should'nt get carried away with home wins over Norwich,etc.

I think it's better to lose now and fix things now, rather than paper over the cracks like Houllier
was doing with his negative football and fluke wins over the bigger teams.

Oh dear, I did'nt know that we'll be playing Chelsea away on Sunday.
But if there's any away game to break our current away jinx, it is this one.
If we win it, the confidence will come back.
Hard to see it happening, but we have a small chance.

danwin said:
You're smug and you're a c*nt.
I`m a c*nt who talks sense. When you have won 5 games on the trot, and your midfield looks solid, then praise your team and make statements like "We look good without Gerrard." Let this be a lesson.

Last edited by a moderator:

CWright said:
There was a slight improvement in the 2nd half but only because they looked like they were happy with the goal.

Zonal marking at set pieces doesnt work and if we set up like that again on Sunday we will get hammered as Chelsea have the quality to punish us. Maybe that kind of defending works over in Spain but as we have been playing a different system for ages it could take us a helluva long time to adjust. For our sakes I hope he bins it

It will be interesting to see how we line up on Sunday
I'm not sure about that, i think the more negative people are about it the less chance it has of working, but if you think logically about zonal defending it is a far greater way to defend at set pieces. The main thing is that the players carrying it out have to believe in it, be positive and agressive, whilst also communicate well with their team mates.

I think it is a far superior way than man marking, where a lot of players get too hung up on watching the man and completely forget about the ball!! plus Defenders know if it comes into their area, it is their responsibility, no in between or getting mixed up with your own players, which often happens when a team is marking man for man . . ..

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
What happened last nite, not one shot on target!!!

whereas our little scouse ace was banging them in lol!!

Your little bluenose was indeed lighting it up, the twat

Rumors going around that Liverpool have made an offer to Valencia for winger Vicente for 8 million pounds. Seems a low figure for such an immense talent.

More importantly it seems to send a message to Kewell if this proves to be true.

ghazi said:
Rumors going around that Liverpool have made an offer to Valencia for winger Vicente for 8 million pounds. Seems a low figure for such an immense talent.

More importantly it seems to send a message to Kewell if this proves to be true.

Vicente is one of the highest valued players on the market at the minute. At this moment (considering Valencia are joint top of La Liga) £20 million would be a starting price.

ghazi said:

Hard to believe Valencia would let him go for so less.
If he does come here, it would be amazing.
I agree that Kewell needs some stern competition.

mathewsss said:
Hard to believe Valencia would let him go for so less.
If he does come here, it would be amazing.
I agree that Kewell needs some stern competition.

yeah. send him on loan to leeds united for a season

£8m for Vicente can't be right as his signed a five year extension to his contract, I know Valencia are in debt but thet wouldn't be so stupid to let him go at that price. I do believe that Benitez is looking for a left-sided player and that Kewell will be shown the door in the summer.

i think it too low for Vicente... but i really hope it happens because kewell this season has done nothing till now...

Vicente for 8 mill, what a bargain that would be, the Spanish invasion continues it seems!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom