Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Can we not fit Baros with a neck brace so he has to look up instead of running into another situation where he cant score

Have to say I thought Baros had another good game last night - worked his socks off, got no protection from Frisk and his linesmen - despite being kicked around the park 8-9 times by the same player!

His movement was good and was looking to play others in - unfortunately it seems if Cisse doesn't get the ball how he wants it - at exactly the right time, he looks down at the floor and lets the ball go by...

I thought Pongolle came on and did well - maybe we'll be seeing a fair bit more of him in the coming games.

Big kudos to Carra and Traore too - did very well, composed and assured they passed well and simply - Carra even bought the ball out of defence Hansen style a couple of times! lol

I know this may be the wrong forum, but...

in Pro Evo 4 do the AWAY fans still sit in the Kop stand?

and in FIFA 2005 do Liverpool ALWAYS attack the Kop in the 1st half?

just a couple of bug-bears for me...

Good game today, haven't seen us play like that for a while. Just lacking that killer instinct, but i feel that will come with games... garcias goal was something else...

danwin said:
Good game today, haven't seen us play like that for a while. Just lacking that killer instinct, but i feel that will come with games... garcias goal was something else...

Riises wasnt bad either. We never really looked like conceding a goal either which was also a good thing.

Many good things about todays game, I hope we can carry our home form to our away games though, for me thats the worry

All we need is a decent away win, to get confidence going, because we can really play now. The passing and movement we've been showing at home has at times been breathtaking. Rafa's the man! and good god, what about the change in Traore?

danwin said:
What about the change in Traore?

I mentioned that to my Bro earlier, its amazing how well that lanky twat is playing at the mo. Long may it continue

Our passing and movement is the best we've had for many years.
We should have scored atleast 4 goals in this match.
Garcia's goal was amazing, probably the best Liverpool goal of the season.
But Riise's was more difficult because he was running towards the ball with his right foot
in a better place to hit it, when he twisted his body to hit it with his left.

The home form is excellent, I don't think many teams will get points at Anfield.
It will be interesting to see how the big boys like Arse/Chelsea do when they visit us.

The Away form should gradually pick up. I think Benitez's footballing philosophy is slowly
and steadily becoming embedded into the players' minds.
It's only a matter of time before this team starts playing similar to how Valencia did.

Note that in Benitez's first season at Valencia , in the initial few months the media were slagging
him off, but in the 2nd half of the season, Valencia started playing exactly the way he
wanted to, and they won the Title.

Not saying that Liverpool will do the same, but I think we will see vast improvement
in the team's consistency in the 2nd half of the season.

Great stuff by Liverpool... If Riise was only more confident in his right foot he may have scored a few in the first half. Great from everyone, Rafa has made quite a change.

Regardless of winning all the time, I hope Rafa can get this type of output consistently from 'Pool. Fun.

Very, very impressed. We are becoming the pass and move team that we once were famous for. The players who have impressed me most this season are Alonso and Carragher.

Todays newspaper rumours link us with 3 strikers: Victor, Morientes and Torres. With our transfer budget not being huge I expect us to go for either Morientes or Victor as Torres would cost upwards of 20 Mill

Isn't Victor a side midfielder? He was in Master League teams.

I would prefer Morientes. He's the kind of player who can tie any wayward attack together.

AFAIK Torres is another one-man-show like Cisse and Baros.

I would prefer Morientes because of his proven experience in the Champions League.
The only downside is his age. He's 28 already.
But then again, he's at the peak of his career, and maybe he can give us 2-3 years of goals.

Good result on saturday, hopefully Anfield can stay a fortress this season and we can do better away.

It looks like we'll be going for Mista in january seeing as he'll cost between £1.5 - 3 mil, Morientes has been quoted at £8m and madrid won't let him go for any less. Also there's been rumour of a Gerrard(plus cash make that £20m--->Parker deal.)

No danger tonight despite our 10 changes from the Charlton game. The kids Benitez brought in never looked out of their depth and the side looked good

Some great finishing tonight from Baros, I was impressed. CWright, you got Gotham Racing 2? I`m gonna go play it now, as some Evo-Webbers are playing, come in!

Good win L`pool, I love seeing Millwall get beat, I can`t stand Wise and his cronies.

ninjabreakz said:
Some great finishing tonight from Baros, I was impressed. CWright, you got Gotham Racing 2? I`m gonna go play it now, as some Evo-Webbers are playing, come in!

Good win L`pool, I love seeing Millwall get beat, I can`t stand Wise and his cronies.

I do have it mate but I am off to watch the new series of Teachers on Ch 4. No doubt I will catch you on it sometime.

Why does Biscan always look confused? He has a constant look of, "What the fuck am I doing here?" on his face every game.

CWright said:
Why does Biscan always look confused? He has a constant look of, "What the fuck am I doing here?" on his face every game.

Maybe he's thinking at one time he could of been an galáctico...

Can't have come at a worse time for him or the club.
It was terrible watching him in so much pain.......
Hope he recovers soon.

Now that Morientes/Mista signing looks even more crucial.
But till then Garcia and Kewell will need to fill in. In fact I think Kewell must now
start up front with Baros.
We can't keep playing Finnan down the right-wing, he's a good player, but does'nt have
the cutting edge that Garcia/Nunez can provide.

Our lineup against Depor:
-------------------Kirkland---------------------
--Finnan------Carra-----Hyypia-----Traore--
-----------------Hamann-----------------------
--------------Alonso---------------Riise
------Garcia-------------------------------
-------------Baros-----Kewell--------------

OMG!

Cisse's leg looked terrible today made my stomach turn, even more as Im a Saturday league player and I felt really bad after, made me even wonder if playing Saturdays is even worth it...

Anyways I hope he gets well ASAP, terrible for the poor chap.

It was aweful, it looks badly broken. To be fair to the Blackburn lad I dont think he meant it.

Click here but not if your of a nervous disposition.

I think it looks worse than it is, I hope its not that bad a fracture. Hopefully with modern medicine and good surgery he'll recover and be back to his best, but I think hes out for the season now which is a huge blow for himself, Liverpool and the French National team.

Last edited:

its very bad I read they will have to put a pin in his leg!

but looking at the pictures and replays I just dont understand how it broke, the leg doesnt appear to come under much force, also it isnt planeted strongly into the floor so how did this happen???

Or is it just me and did it take a big blow?

I just got this from Kop Talk liverpool website...............

Cisse suffered a comminuted fracture of the tibia and fracture of the fibula in his left leg)

Tibia = shin bone that bears most of the weight

Fibula = splint bone located on the outside of the lower leg

In the case of football-related injuries, the fractures are caused either by a twisting force when the foot is fixed or by a direct blow from an opponent.

Obviously there will be a great deal of pain and the person will be unable to move their leg.

The usual healing time for a mid-shaft tibia and fibula fracture treated in a plaster cast is 12 to 16 weeks. This is followed by rehabilitation with a chartered physiotherapist to restore the range of ankle and knee movement, and to restore the muscle strength that is lost during the immobilisation period.

http://www.koptalk.org/forums/showf...ge/0/view/collapsed/sb/5/o/all/fpart/all/vc/1

Last edited:

Just seen the footage on Sky Sports News. Seeing it once is enough thanks :shock:

What is it about us at Blackburn, we seem to lose at least a player every time we go there lately.

That leaves us with Baros, Pongo and Mellor as our main striking options. Problems for the manager methinks

Yep just like Larsson's injury, it happened the same way too - studs catch in turf and then all it takes is a touch from the other guy to break it. Busst's wasn't a clean break though, that's why he was finished.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom