Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

YNWA Djibb, poor guy... it was sickening to see the way his leg just collapsed, I just hope he makes a full recovery and it doesn't end his career.

I heard Cisse is out for the rest of the season? Is this true?

Yeah think Liverpool announced that last night after the game.

Dave Busst had a compound fracture didnt he ? You know where the broken bone cuts through the tissue and comes out of the skin. I remember that on Match of the Day, it was very nasty - Schmeicel vomited when he saw the state of Busst's leg.

Yeah it is, broken fibula and tibia (SP?). . .

Yeah Buusts was a compounded fracture, that wasnt the only reason he had to retire tho, i think it was broken in so many places that it would not have healed well enough for him to carry on playing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just wanted to say OUCHIE - Sport HURTS! As soon as I saw that tackle yesterday, although it was hardly a tackle, I knew it was gonna be a bad one! Nasty stuff, I hope he makes a full recovery.

hmm since there is a lack of strikers couldn't the manager call in diouf again? or it isn't worth it ? :P i think he could be used like garcia and create oppertunities.. that's if he gets some form back i guess

never under any circumstances should we allow diouf to play in the red of liverpool

he is poor and doesnt deserve to play

Andy Johnson from Palace being linked with Pool over the weekend and today in some of the papers. Seems like a strange one that

kevano22 said:
never under any circumstances should we allow diouf to play in the red of liverpool

he is poor and doesnt deserve to play
Bolton would say differently ;)

i think the selling of owen is biting you in the ass right now, you guys have looked really good in recent weeks, and now cisse gets hurt, owen is on fire for madrid right now, 4 goals in 4 matches(important matches at that), the thing that astonishes me is that you only sold owne for 8 million, i cant belive that

CWright said:
Andy Johnson from Palace being linked with Pool over the weekend and today in some of the papers. Seems like a strange one that

He's looked like a cracking player this season, he's got an eye for goal alright, If we could get him for 5 mil or so, I think he would be a good signing.

danwin said:
He's looked like a cracking player this season, he's got an eye for goal alright, If we could get him for 5 mil or so, I think he would be a good signing.
Thats just tabloids speculating shite as usual. I'm sorry but come a couple of weeks, we won't be hearing of Johnson anymore. The same was with Ricketts during his prolific scoring form a couple of seasons ago - some dickhead reporter in The Sun got so excited and suggested then that he'll be playing in Europe with the big guns in the future! :roll:

BTW saw this on the BBC website........

_40477579_cisse_break_203.gif

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/3971639.stm

Bloody Bloody Hell :( - I really hope Djibril gets through this well. He is such a decent player and never really got the chance to shine and now this happens......

ACK!! I almost gagged when i saw him break his leg. That was similar to the break i suffered playing this summer, though the tackle on me was head on and studs up. I broke my ankle and tibia and have 9 pins and a plate in my leg.

My doc is the Chicago Bull's bone surgeon, too, and he says I'll be 100% by next summer (12 months total recevery, with 6 weeks in plaster).

Cisse's break though is worse cuz he broke both bones, so i have no idea what that means for him. I just know my stomach was turning and i was curled in a ball for a good 30 seconds when i saw that.

This is just awful. :(

The heartwrenching images, it has hurt me at heart to see them.

cisse%20leg%20break.jpg

cisse3.jpg

poor chap

if i were andy johnson, i wouldn't play in anfield, especially after reading this:

Cisse latest to suffer Anfield injury jinx
Liverpool hope Djibril Cisse will be back training in July as they come to terms with yet another injury horror.

The Frenchman underwent a successful operation to pin his shattered left leg in a Blackburn hospital less than 24 hours after being carried off in Liverpool's 2-2 draw at Ewood Park.

And Anfield is reeling once again from another savage injury blow that is gaining them a reputation as a jinx club.

The Cisse injury was quickly bracketed with the two broken legs that Liverpool suffered last season in the corresponding fixture, with Milan Baros and Jamie Carragher being the victims then, a little over 12 months ago.

But a quick look at their shocking casualty list shows that these three injuries are just the tip of the iceberg at Anfield.

Youngster Stephen Warnock has recovered from two broken legs while goalkeeper Chris Kirkland has missed much of the last two seasons with a broken finger and shattered wrist.

And, during last summer, Steve Finnan, Harry Kewell and Vladimir Smicer all underwent operations on groin, ankle and Achilles injuries respectively. Smicer will not play until the new year.

Steven Gerrard is near to a return from a broken foot, while Antonio Nunez has not played for his new club after suffering knee damage in pre-season.

Both players were running today for the first time with physio Dave Galley and are expected to return before the end of the month.

Reserve Richie Partridge missed all last season with cruciate knee damage.

Stephane Henchoz, Michael Owen, Bruno Cheyrou and Neil Mellor were all sidelined in the last year while Florent Sinama-Pongolle missed the Blackburn game after being stamped on in the Carling Cup win last week at Millwall. His return is seen as vital for Wednesday's Champions League trip to Deportivo La Coruna.

But at least Cisse, who will be moved to a Liverpool private hospital at the end of the week, has received re-assurance from team-mate Warnock, who suffered a near identical injury five years ago that threatened his career.

Warnock says: 'I am told that Djibril has suffered the same injury as me. It was my second break in a year, and I also had a steel pin put into my leg. When I saw the pictures of Djibril's injury felt sick, my leg looked the same.

'But you just have to be positive and refuse to let it beat you. I was determined to get back playing and I am sure Djibril feels the same. The fact that I managed to come back shows it can be done.'

Liverpool's medical team insist Cisse's operation has been a success and he will play again, with the hope that he may be back for pre-season training.

The situation leaves boss Rafael Benitez with just Baros, fit-again Pongolle and reserve Neil Mellor as his only strikers, now that Owen and Emile Heskey have left the club.

The Spanish coach will move in the transfer window to add to his squad, and is being linked again with Fernando Morientes and Crystal Palace's Andy Johnson.

And Benitez is even being urged by on-loan Bruno Cheyrou to recall him from a miserable move to Marseille.

Cheyrou - who has been marginalised at Marseille after falling out with coach Jose Anigo - hardly covered himself in glory last season at Liverpool, but he can play in a support striking role.

He said: 'I should have stayed at Liverpool. Considering what has happened there, I would have played more often.

'If my situation does not change before the winter transfer window, I won't try to stay. I will have to leave.'

just wondering anyone have some info about the strikers rafa is trying to sign? :P

MrGosu said:
just wondering anyone have some info about the strikers rafa is trying to sign? :P

Only rumours from the papers:

Fernando Torres
Mista
Morientes
Andy Johnson

They have all been mentioned in recent weeks, even before Cisses injury

CWright said:
Only rumours from the papers:

Fernando Torres - Unless we do sell Gerrard, Where are we going to find £20m+?
Mista - Apparently he signed a new 5 year contract wtf?
Morientes - Madrid don't do the winter sales
Andy Johnson - Bullshit!

Also we've been linked with Leece striker boijnov.

Damn good result tonight, well done the lads, especially Traore and Marco Van Biscan.

Sabac Red said:
Also we've been linked with Leece striker boijnov.

um... many european clubs have been linked with boijnov

ive heard ac milan are in the chase for him and ive also heard news that manchester united are after him too... when you raise eyebrows in such a widely recognized football league (like the seria a) then its hard for big clubs, like all of these mentioned, to not notice you

-fb

Good result last night we done what was needed, another win should see us through with Gerrard and Nunez to be back to full fitness for it.

danwin said:
Damn good result tonight, well done the lads, especially Traore and Marco Van Biscan.

What has happened to Biscan and Traore, they look like 2 totally different players this season. It seems Rafa has something that Houllier didnt

Good management, played them in position and he's helped their confidence. There were signs of ability under Houllier, looking good!

Yep, our squad is looking really thin. We do seem to be cursed by injury at the moment, garcia, kewell and FSP won't score enough goals. I never felt we were going to score without Baros and Cisse. I hope Raffa gets the funds for a decent poacher in jan. Bit gutted tonight.

We should have bought at least 1 more striker during the summer, at the moment our lack of firepower is a worry. For me although Baros does a lot of running there is only an end product occasionally and Cisse needs time to adjust to the pace of the Prem. Something needs to be done

Back
Top Bottom