Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Why go with a player who is in the worst form of his entire career and stick him up front on his own, we may as well have played with 4 at the back and 6 in midfield today, it couldnt have been any worse

Does anyone know can Gerrard play in this saturday? Im quite worry about Liverpool after Baros, Cisse and Gerrard are missing, who else can make a score?

I really hope u guys can beat Arsenal in the up-coming game, or at least DONT lose.

Last year we couldn't do it with a full team (lets just say wrong tactics, wrong manager), but if anytime is good to play Arsenal, surely it's right now, injuries or not. Arsenal seem to be missing Gilberto and Edu hugely and with Campbell out as well, there is vulnerability in defence. The question is, can our midfielders and young strikers (Mellor, Sinama-Pongolle) do the business? Gerrard played almost a half on Saturday but was lacking match fitness. Passing seemed to be pretty good as usual, but needs a few games to get back to normal.

We were mediocre on saturday, we've still got an important game against Monaco as well this week(fuck ITV). Benitez should seriously stick Mellor upfront, Kewell, FSP and Garcia are too lightweight to lead the attack.

Gotta say I think Mellor is going to surprise a few people. Some people think he is not of Premiership standard, but you've got to give the lad a chance. He's delivered for LFC when he's been called on before (which 99 times out of 100 has NOT happened with Harry Kewell. I'm not a HK hater - I just want him to come good!). Agree with you about being lightweight - FSP spends as much time falling on his backside as Jamie Carragher used to (and some would say still does!).

I'd say that Mellor needs to play up front now.
We can't keep trying Kewell and Garcia up front, neither of them are center-forwards.
Mellor should play with Garcia/Kewell in a free role just behind them.

I don't have a good feeling about this week. Monaco away can be very dangerous.
They're not in great form so maybe we can get something out of this match.
Arsenal at home, well both teams are down a bit...so it might be a draw.

Gotta hope.....would rather play the Carling Cup for the next eight weeks!!! Might not be so costly, not having a centre forward.

Mellor up front on his own tonight and Gerrard starts. Hope all goes well tonight

Disappointing, but with the injuries we have, what can we expect ?
A reasonable defeat if one can call it that....1:0 is'nt too bad
under the circumstances

We have to beat Olympiakos by 2 clear goals to ensure qualification.
If we win by 1 goal, then we have to hope Deportivo win against Monaco at home,
or if that's a draw, then they will look at the record between the 3 teams on 10 pts.

Well..., looks like we're out. :(

Because Olympiakos beat Deportivo, Liverpool have to beat themby more than 1 goal to ensure qualification. I don't see Monaco slipping up against Depor.

Sorry, but I've lost my optimism. I mean, with the injuries we already have, Josemi comes on for the injured Garcia, and gets injured. Fuck sake!

Last edited:

to be fair, we wont miss josemi, he seems off the pace of the prem and lost sometimes. bad injury tho hope he aint too badly injured. gerrard wasnt his usual self, but thats understandble, had a long time on the sidelines. kewell was his good ole SHITE self ;)

Current head-head record between Olympiakos-Monaco-Liverpool

team: P W D L F A PTS
Oly 3 2 0 1 2 2 6
Mon 4 2 0 2 3 4 6
Liv 3 1 0 2 2 2 3

If Liverpool beat Olympiakos and Monaco draw, then all three teams will be on 10 pts.
If Monaco lose, then any Liverpool win will take us through.
If Monaco win, then we must beat the Greeks by 2 clear goals.

Could have been worse I suppose....at least Kirkland was okay this match :mrgreen: - but a defeat is a defeat. Gonna have to pull their fingers out if they really want to qualify. Josemi getting injured doesn't worry me either - too slow. Not quite as bad as some of GH's signings though. ;)

Oh, Liverpool - what is going on at your club. I thought our season was up + down, but yours!??! So unpredictable. To be honest, I think you should have beaten Monaco tonight, they didn`t look anything special. But, there goal was a HAND BALL in my opinion.

tough luck for you bunch. hope you lot get a better result against the greeks and catch a break with the other fixture

-fb

Thanks a lot guys. Will remember to cheer you guys up when you need it. Doesn't look like you need any cheering up (in the CL at least)at the moment. If Utd get a good draw I can see them going a fair way. Liverpool? Well, let's wait a couple of seasons, shall we?! Hope we qualify in order to get some dough at the least. Otherwise we ain't gonna have much cash for the transfer window.

I don't see how Liverpool are getting any cash now. That's the second Liverpool game that I couldn't watch live for whatever reason. Where was it shown? I was able to watch any of the other 7 games live on Sky or terrestrial tv but was up till 2am watching the replay on terrestrial.

The worrying thing is how tired the guys looked towards the end of the game. Passes were getting real sloppy and movement was latargic. Josemi was only getting his game because of the injuries and now even he is injured. Maybe we'll see Nunez soon.

And ninjabreakz, I don't see how you thought we should beat Monaco when Steven Gerrard was our top scorer on the pitch, playing his first full game after injury. I don't mind seeing what Pongolle can produce when given a run. Mellor doesn't seem lively enough to me.

ouch thats gotta hurt, bit of bad luck for you scousers at the mo, but then again I suppose it happens to everyone so.....

LOL!!!

nah only joking.

What I wanna know is where is this kewell dude, the one that said he didnt wanna join United cos we are club on the decline, the one that all the scousers got giddy over...

wow imagine if you had a player of his quality, he would sort out all ya probs!!

as a black and white just to let you all know i will be behind you against olympiakos

it will be tough but my gut feeling is you will get the needed result at anfield

Creg the game was on ITV2.

damn Bobby Robson for hexing us at half-time!

Somebody must have seriosly cursed Benitez when he came to Liverpool, players are just dropping like flies.

I thought Mellor did well seeing as he had no support through out the whole match.

Against Olympiakos we've got to throw everything at them.

We will get it right eventually. The way our passing has picked up since RB began is incredible - a complete transformation - and Harry Kewell excepted, he has started transforming previously useless players (Biscan, Traore etc) into what they were initially bought for.

It does seem incredibly bad luck though, with all these injuries at this time. Doesn't make it any easier when the School of Science/Agriculture is in third place at the moment either......

Hi guys, tough luck in this cl group dont you think?

I think Olympiacos and Liverpool had to be the two teams to qualify.

Monaco has taken points from nowhere, 2 from game against olympiacos when
a header was cleared from inside the goal and 2 points against Liverpool where
Saviola clearly stoped the ball with his hand before the goal.

It should have been:

Olympiacos 11
Liverpool 8
Monaco 5

and the two teams would easily have passed to the next round...

I guess it's pot luck in the CL as far as referees go. I'm sure we're not the first club to be hard done by.

Yep it's very frustrating, but thats football, i'm a great believer that things will even themselves out over a season, I still think we can get the result we need. Hope Baros is back for our final game.

Just had a thought...the busiest person at Anfield this year - the physio! Finally, somebody in football who earns his salary!!

Yep, he's certainly earnin his money. There's been talk of Robbie coming back in January, with Henchoz going the other way. Would be very surprised if it materialized though

Back
Top Bottom