Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Can't see that happening....Robbie's best days seem to be well past him. The only thing I could say is that he might be motivated to play for LFC, as he never has been for Man City. As for Henchoz, we've had his good years - now time to get rid. Got to make the squad nucleus as young as possible.

Well good news is that Nunez had an impressive reserve game the other night and showed why Benitez brought him in, he could make his full debut against Arsenal.

Sabac Red said:
Well good news is that Nunez had an impressive reserve game the other night and showed why Benitez brought him in, he could make his full debut against Arsenal.

At last a player coming back from injury!!

Traore is out for 2 weeks after he did his ligaments in during the Champs League game.

Le Tallec has said he is willing to return to Liverpool to help out during our injury crisis. How very good of him

And the Liverpool/Bluenose groundshare scheme is being mentioned again today. Why would we wanna do that?!

Come on you reds!! Despite the long injury list, this is the best time to play Arsenal. Imagine if they'd been at full strength.....time for the lads to stand up and be counted, those that don't have hamstrings, broken legs, two left feet etc. Want to see FSP and/or Mellor up front. Give it some!!!

Come on you REDMEN! I'm a bit worried about this one, but fuck it! Here's for triumph against adversity!

Fantastic! Thought we deserved to win on balance of play. Arsenal scored a very well-worked goal and I thought they could destroy us then. A few of the lads worked their legs off and were extremely tired. Finally, a lit of luck for us against the Arsenal with the last kick of the game.

i thought that was a brilliant match!

3 amazing goals.

liverpool played sooooo well.

Thought Liverpool played superbly today and were well worth their win. All of a sudden Arsenal have been made to look ordinary.

Nah, Arsenal didn't look ordinary. They did in the first half, but the way they came back and that goal - showed how good they are. I was so happy to see Henry reduced to synical hacks. Mellor looked knackered for most of the second half. That goal was Gerrard-esque. Finally, Arsenal gets their cumupins. Last year they should have been beaten by 'Pool and ManU. And I've seen soo many games that they've won in the 92nd minute. It's nice to see them loose for a change.

The first goal was a joy. The kind I love to score in PES. The second was sickening because it was good too. The last one - I dunno. He'll have to do it again before I make my mind up about him.

Neil Mellor always looks like he's been on the burgers and Guinness to me. Perhaps it's the "John Barnes deception trick" (sometimes used by Neil Ruddock, Jan Molby, Julian Dicks etc. in the past)...

Know what you mean about the Alonso goal, cregser.

its not often that you will see me cheer a Liverpool goal but today i just couldn't help myself!
overall you deserved the win and it was a great game to watch (all of the goals were very good!)

stiffler said:
its not often that you will see me cheer a Liverpool goal but today i just couldn't help myself!
overall you deserved the win and it was a great game to watch (all of the goals were very good!)
Could have said the same thing last season. This year we are far more attractive to watch and importantly, want it that bit more. Still needs work tho. :) Thanks for the compliment on behalf of the Liverpool fans, stiffler. :applause:

WOO HOO!!!

What a game and what a win. 2 quality goals and a jammy Arsenal goal ;)

YYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cregser said:
And I've seen soo many games that they've won in the 92nd minute. It's nice to see them loose for a change.

I wish I could see games that we've won in the 92nd minute.

Liverpool thoroughly deserved to win. I thought it would have been a criminal act of theft to walk away with a point.
Nice goals in tht match. Ours was best tho. ;)

Well 92nd minute is a bit dramatic. Yet last season Arsenal did make a habbit of beating teams right at the death when the opposition thought they had earned a draw.

BRILLIANT RESULT......was punching the air with delight...having recorded the match on pay-per-view
and watched it later in the day.
I thought we were good in the 1st half. We contained Arsenal, and took a deserved 1-nil lead.
Alonso's goal was classy.
In the 2nd half, as I feared, Arsenal did equalize, and then my thoughts went back to last
season. Would we lose again ??
But thank God, we won this one....what a peach of a goal by Mellor. It was a lucky ball to
fall to him, but his finish was top-class...
Arsenal's goal was also fantastic....but we deserved to win.
Hope this will kick-start our season.

Back
Top Bottom