Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Mathewsss, same emotion as me. The old girl was sleeping while I was watching on satellite at 2am. Am afraid I woke her up - twice - just to make sure she knew! I taped it as well, so I may have another view tonight. I've been on a high all day.

When the ball hit the net, i think i went beyond estatic, im giving the swag gooner fans at work a good talking to lmao.

Saw the game,and I must say the key men for your victory are Alonso,Gerrard and Hamann.Superb result for anybody except Arsenal,hahahaha.PS,do you guys feel short-changed about Harry Kewell? I'm smiling everytime he has a bad game as I can clearly remembered him saying he choose Liverpool ahead of United as he felt United are goin for a major downturn.

I'm not a Liverpool fan but I can only imagine what it must have felt like watching Mellor's goal go in. Thats got to be one of the candidates for goal of the season. Not only for the strike but also for its timing and what it meant to both teams. What a great match.

phrase said:
do you guys feel short-changed about Harry Kewell?

In a word, yes. I think its only coz of our injury list that hes getting regular games at the minute

For all those who want some new pc wallpaper hows this?

getfile.asp

Great result i'm glad we got Arsenal at a bad time and took full advantage of it. The midfield trio of Hamann/Alonso/Gerrard was impressive, now we must build on from that.

Great result for the scousers, and for the rest of us tbh, considering you's was missing a couple of decent players I thought it was an impressive performance.

Congrats!!

yeahm great result,

does anyone have the dive from Viera? coz i missed that one, i have to see it!

cheers,

great performance by the lads yesterday

we've been playing well at home this season and despite the lack of established forwards i always thought we could nick it as long as we didn't go a goal behind

hamann, alonso, gerrard, finnan and carragher were all excellent but the whole team played well and worked very hard to limit arsenal to 1 decent chance all game, once they equalized i thought they were gonna take control of the game but we stuck to our game plan and deserved to win in the end

i was in the kop and the atmosphere was the best i've heard all season, everyone seemed up for it from the start and the place went fuckin berzerk when mellor scored, i just hope we can keep this sort of atmosphere up for the rest of the home games this season, if so then i can't see many teams getting 3 points at anfield

all in all it was a great performance and we are the first team to beat arsenal in 55 league games (fairly that is, mike riley won the game for the mancs ;-) ) i just hope rafa can sort our away form out soon then we should start to climb the table

YES!!!! LI-VUH-POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!

Man - i couldnt hit the pub for the games cuz of exams but i watched the highlights last night without knowing the result. I jumped off my bed when i saw Stevie G's layoff to Alonos between 3 players. Brilliant.

then i danced and shook the house when Mellor thrunderstruck the winner. Fuck me - what a goal! :applause:

I cant wait for the replay later this week.

Interesting side note. . after losing it last year, i found my Liverpool beanie yesterday and wore it while studying. . . coincidence. . .???? :mrgreen:

Did you all watch on satellite or whatever, with David Pleat as the co-commentator? What is he on? He got so many names wrong it was untrue. Pipe and slippers time?

...Had another peek at the goals today, just to make sure they went in and it wasn't all a dream.

And yes, H.Kewell - shortchanged. Although he was off the pace again against Arsenal, some of his support play proved decisive e.g. the cushioned header to Gerrard for the first goal from Alonso. Overall, however, disappointing. We see flashes of his old self but only when he has to fight for his place will we see the best of him, in my opinion.

it was awful watching harry kewell.

he couldn't keep the ball for more than 2 seconds. his first touch was bad, as was his passing. i would have like to have seen his individual pass completed stats.

the only good thing he done was his cushioned header, and his 'harrying' at the arsenal players.

I agree with CWright...the only reason Kewell is in the team is because of
the injuries to our other players.
I lost count of the number of times he would lose possession due to a bad first touch/dithering on the ball/bad pass.
He looks like someone who has lost confidence and the hunger to succeed.
I don't know how old he is, but he looks more like a player who's at the end of his career.

Yes, he did well in the build-up to Alonso's goal. He also pressured Campbell to giving
away the ball to Mellor for the winning goal.
But he looks a shade of the player he used to be at Leeds.

I'm hoping he will get back to his best, but somehow I think this will probably be his
last season at Anfield.
If we get enough money from the CL, I can see Benitez going for someone else.

Personally, I'm more worried about John Arne Riise. Although very good going forward, defensively he can be shocking at times, leaving gaping holes a la Roberto Carlos. Often dives in at the wrong time and when he's trying to block he turns away from the ball!! Gripe over....still on a high!

i lost my voice, ive never been so estatic. when that arsenal goal went in, i could only fear the worse, but i went crazy when neil mellor swerved the ball into the bottom corner. best moment in the world, ever. ive never liked mellor, but if he continues to win us games in the 92nd minute against champions, im sure he'll change my mind.

CWright said:
For all those who want some new pc wallpaper hows this?

getfile.asp

Any chance of getting that pic without having to sign up to some hosting thing to get it? That link takes me to a login page.

cregser said:
Any chance of getting that pic without having to sign up to some hosting thing to get it? That link takes me to a login page.

Nowt I can do mate, maybe someone else can help you out. You could sign up, it dont cost you owt!!

Arsenal come streaming forward now in surely what will be their last attack….......a good ball by Dixon…finding Smith..to Thomas CHARGING THROUGH THE MIDFIELD!!! Thomas…IT’S UP FOR GRABS NOOOWWWWWW!!!!...Thomas!!!...right at the end! An UNBELIEVABLE climax to the league season!! Well into injury time..The Liverpool players…are down absolutely..abject….Aldridge is down, Barnes is down…Dalglish just stands there……Nicols on his knees……

Mellor........

gunnerglory said:
Arsenal come streaming forward now in surely what will be their last attack….......a good ball by Dixon…finding Smith..to Thomas CHARGING THROUGH THE MIDFIELD!!! Thomas…IT’S UP FOR GRABS NOOOWWWWWW!!!!...Thomas!!!...right at the end! An UNBELIEVABLE climax to the league season!! Well into injury time..The Liverpool players…are down absolutely..abject….Aldridge is down, Barnes is down…Dalglish just stands there……Nicols on his knees……

Mellor........

Who wants to live in the past tho, this is NOW!!

CWright said:
Who wants to live in the past tho, this is NOW!!
Oh, I know Chris. Completely true, but it's kind of ironic to comare the 2, you got your own back in a way, fair dues to ye, but maybe not with such effect on the outcome of the season. But the last time (I'm guessing) there was an at the death winner like that between the 2 teams in question at Anfield would have been Thomas?

Originally Posted by CWright
"Who wants to live in the past tho, this is NOW!!"

I agree with CWright, Arsenal have NEVER won a European cup remember, so if GG is gonna play that game, then L`pool fans will win hands-down.

gunnerglory said:
Oh, I know Chris. Completely true, but it's kind of ironic to comare the 2, you got your own back in a way, fair dues to ye, but maybe not with such effect on the outcome of the season. But the last time (I'm guessing) there was an at the death winner like that between the 2 teams in question at Anfield would have been Thomas?

I remember that goal scored by Michael Thomas....I have'nt seen something so crucial
for a long time till 2001, when Michael Owen won the FA cup from Arsenal in the last minute.
Mellor's goal does'nt compare to both of the above goals in terms of significance.
But it sure was exhilarating seeing him do so.

Ok lads, stop arguing with Arsenal fans. Once they beat United tonight they'll be happy.
Just enjoy the goal again.

Go here, http://active.sky.com/redirect.jsp?clubSiteCode=MSITE01
and click on the Mellor goal and enjoy it again. Hurry up cos it could dissappear soon enough. And you'll need a fairly recent version of Media Player.

I've managed to download the file but it's .asf with a liscence till January, so I'll have find some other way to imortalise it on my PC.

cregser said:
Ok lads, stop arguing with Arsenal fans. Once they beat United tonight they'll be happy.
Just enjoy the goal again.

Go here, http://active.sky.com/redirect.jsp?clubSiteCode=MSITE01
and click on the Mellor goal and enjoy it again. Hurry up cos it could dissappear soon enough. And you'll need a fairly recent version of Media Player.

I've managed to download the file but it's .asf with a liscence till January, so I'll have find some other way to imortalise it on my PC.

you can download mellors goal here http://www.soccerclips.net/upload/P6U10AS6K9A8.avi
good quality as well

great performance by the young lads tonight to get through against a nearly full strength spurs team, they rode their luck at times but hung in there and got a great result and a semi final against watford

Not even a full team and we still did it? This is getting better and better and better (ok, so I borrowed it from Motson).....

Posted by cregser:

You were saying? :lol:

Yeah well done to the youngsters they've beaten two strong premiership sides now, I fancy them to beat Watford(who've also been on the same track). It's good of Benitez to have given so many of them a chance.

In other good news Baros could be back for the Olympiakos game...

Back
Top Bottom