Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Best game I've slept to....sounds bloody amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Living in Nokami land it was 4am....gonna get this off a mate - dvd recorders are bloody handy these days! Did it feel like the Arsenal Mellor goal or better?

The Arsenal Mellor goal was a special moment 6seconds before the end of the game.

This whole match had an atmosphere to it and the secondhalf was electric.

Gerrard's goal was unbelievable. As the ball came to him I could see what he was lining up and I was thinking "no way is he shooting from there!". What a goal, I have to admit it got me out of my seat. Well done chaps, 4 english clubs in the last 16.

Andy Gray's commentary after Gerrard's goal went in was comedy :D

Even though you beat us I have to say I was over the moon when he spanked that one into the net. Well done scousers, you deserve it, welcome to the last 16 club. 25% of the best 16 European clubs are Premiership teams, that must be a first.

Butatista said:
Gerrard's goal was unbelievable. As the ball came to him I could see what he was lining up and I was thinking "no way is he shooting from there!". What a goal, I have to admit it got me out of my seat. Well done chaps, 4 english clubs in the last 16.

Thats True, but also unbelievable was olympaikos, in the second half they Played like a 4'th Division team, that is for me unbelievable!

Joystick said:
Andy Gray's commentary after Gerrard's goal went in was comedy :D

Even though you beat us I have to say I was over the moon when he spanked that one into the net. Well done scousers, you deserve it, welcome to the last 16 club. 25% of the best 16 European clubs are Premiership teams, that must be a first.

I didn't think Gray commentated on CL matches, are you talking about Mellors goal? I thought that was comedy "I ulways say doon't let it boounce. It just gives them problems. But dey didiney think they had a problem. Did they? He 'ad nooo right to scoore from there"!

As for 4/16 being English, it might have been done, i dunno. English clubs have had a presence throughout the CL rounds for a few years now.

cregser said:
I didn't think Gray commentated on CL matches

Andy Gray and Martin Tyler were the men doing the Liverpool game last night, the more I hear Mr Grays reaction the more it makes me chuckle

Martin Tyler's burst of excitement for Gerrards goal had me laughing hard...

Great result, it was unbeliveable espescially seeing that Deportivo(god I hate them, almost as bad as anderlecht this year) were being thrashed.

At least now Benitez will be given funds to boost the squad....

cregser said:
I didn't think Gray commentated on CL matches, are you talking about Mellors goal? I thought that was comedy "I ulways say doon't let it boounce. It just gives them problems. But dey didiney think they had a problem. Did they? He 'ad nooo right to scoore from there"!

As for 4/16 being English, it might have been done, i dunno. English clubs have had a presence throughout the CL rounds for a few years now.

Nah, Andy Gray was co-commentator on Sky; "OOOOOOOOOHHH YOOOOOOU BEEEYOOOOOOTEEEEEEHHH!!! WOOT A HEITTTTT!!" :lol:

I might as well get in early here. Come on you reds!!!!!!!! The game is on at 9.40 on SkyPerfecTV here in Nokami land - at last a sensible time for me instead of after midnight! Must be on around 1-ish in UK. Whatever happened to the traditional 3pm kick off?

crayon said:
I might as well get in early here. Come on you reds!!!!!!!! The game is on at 9.40 on SkyPerfecTV here in Nokami land - at last a sensible time for me instead of after midnight! Must be on around 1-ish in UK. Whatever happened to the traditional 3pm kick off?

Certain games have early morning kick-offs.

crayon said:
Whatever happened to the traditional 3pm kick off?

There is now no such thing as a traditional 3pm KO anymore due to Sky and their control over who plays when

......I was being ironic. Still, being a bit of a traditionalist, I would like to see a return to the 3pm time. There was always that sense of anticipation having spent the morning and early afternoon thinking about the game and the ritual of getting to the game.

well i dont know how we didnt score today and dont know how everton only managed to come away with 2 yellow cards.

think itll be a completely differnt story at anfield

A crap game and a crap result, what a comedown after Wednesday night

CWright said:
A crap game and a crap result, what a comedown after Wednesday night

Yup, right shitty. Although I was tricked into thinking Kewell was going to play like his oldself for a bit... but then he fell off form mid-game. Dammit.

Been a season of up's and down's so far... but that's to be expected. What's refreshing is to see us playing fantastic football at times. I really don't think our away form would be as bad as it is now if we hadn't had so many injuries. We've got to look at the positives... Jamie Carragher has been magnificent this season, we've potentially got the best central midfield in europe... and a proven manager. The future's bright for LFC. Heads up people, YNWA.

Two steps forward one step back. Not bad considering how many injuries we have. There is no doubt that under Rafa we are a rejuvenated force. Some of the passing this season takes me back to the seasons of '88-'90. Am looking forward to new players and getting rid of the dross. Would really like to see some more academy players given a chance. BTW I heard Jon Ostemobor (don't ask me, I don't know how to spell it) might sign for Crewe 'cos he wants first team football ( there on 3 month loan at moment). I think he is pretty good and didn't look out of place when he played last season. Give 'em a chance!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I have to admit Ostemobor impressed me when I saw him play... very good at getting forward, and would improve defensively as he matures. Would be disappointed to see him go, better option than Josemi at the moment.

Kirkland's injured again, Dudek back in tmrw... We could really do with winning our next 3 games.

Aye, Josemi is far too slow. We can cope with slow if it's compensated by good timing (i.e.Hyypia) but in the full back position it's vital we have pace. BTW, thinking of calling Kirkland a different name - Anderton, Sicknote or something......Some of the press have been having a go, saying he was too slow the other day but I have to say he was pretty unsighted. Oh well, as long as we don't lose to the toffeenoses for another five years!

Josemi got off to a very good start but for some reason he has lost his way, I know all players go through dips in form but I would have thought it would take him time to settle into the Premiership way of playing and as he was learning he would be rubbish but its the other way round.

Benitez said today that he knows we need to strengthen the team so lets see what happens come January

Can't remember but Alonso didn't start due to having a rest after Wednesday. Salif Diao played (badly) in his place. Mellor was up front alone.

Liverpool have sunk to all new lows this season, the loss to Everton is the tip of the iceberg.

Yep, beating Arsenal and going through to the last 16 of the champions league, fucking awful! :roll:

Defeating an Arsenal side that has completely lost the plot, surely over shadows losses to Bolton and Everton. And being placed 8th in the league must give you high hopes of finishing in the top four.

Last 16 of the champs league what a remarkable achievement given the shithouse quality of the opponents in your group and the face you only just managed to qualify through a Gerrard fluke goal, I gurantee a quick departure from the champs league for Liverpool, your not good enough.

the real slim shady said:
Defeating an Arsenal side that has completely lost the plot, surely over shadows losses to Bolton and Everton. And being placed 8th in the league must give you high hopes of finishing in the top four.

Last 16 of the champs league what a remarkable achievement given the shithouse quality of the opponents in your group and the face you only just managed to qualify through a Gerrard fluke goal, I gurantee a quick departure from the champs league for Liverpool, your not good enough.

There are so many grammatical errors in that post I am not even gonna bother commenting.

To answer newLoks question, neither Baros or Alonso started the match. Baros wasnt even on the bench

Whats grammar got to do with Liverpools pissweak efforts this season?

Back
Top Bottom