Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

the real slim shady said:
Whats grammar got to do with Liverpools pissweak efforts this season?

Pisspoor I would have given you but inventing words makes you neither big nor clever

Lack of grammar has the effect of reducing the power of argument. As for Liverpool, it's definitely an improvement on last season.

We're actually 2 points up on last season, which I found quite surprising... I'm looking forward to January. Rumour has it that liverpool have been in talks with Anelka. We should have never let him go in my opinion!

1-1 with Pompey at Anfield. Looks like Pompey pulled a Fulham and scored near the end of the game. Hard luck.

CWright said:
Pisspoor I would have given you but inventing words makes you neither big nor clever

Im not inventing words you douchebag.

Gazz22 said:
1-1 with Pompey at Anfield. Looks like Pompey pulled a Fulham and scored near the end of the game. Hard luck.

Looks as if Liverpool are going from strength to strength this season.

Good point for the shite against pompey, 1 point closer to safety, at this rate you'll be safe by about march! :P

If you lot think your improving under benitez you really are wearing rose tinted glasses, cause he is a shite manager, and will be gone in 12 months.

shite and hes won la liga and uefa cup in same season? i dont think so...

footyfan said:
Good point for the shite against pompey, 1 point closer to safety, at this rate you'll be safe by about march! :P

If you lot think your improving under benitez you really are wearing rose tinted glasses, cause he is a shite manager, and will be gone in 12 months.

Lets have this discussion at the end of the season.

footyfan said:

Funny how Evertonians don't have their own thread.... :lol:
....and that League Champions list is looking a bit short, isn't it? :lmao:

Ahwell we're going through that incosistency phase that we seem to have every season, we will get things back on track.

Come January we need more than just a striker, I reckon Mellor could do the job if he had more than just Gerrard supporting him. Get rid of Diao, we have Diarra and Welsh who are much better players. And yeah I would like to see more of the youth getting their chance in the league.

Watched the game on TV, I think we were good in the 2nd half, and should have won.
But Pompey (that guy Taylor...was'nt he the one who scored an equalizer in last yr's FA cup tie?)
scored through a fluke goal. Dudek was caught unawares with a wicked cross-shot.

I think Liverpool should be playing 2 strikers at home. This 4-5-1 system worked well with Valencia
but IMO Liverpool need to be a bit more aggressive.
That's becaue only Gerrard looks like scoring from midfield.
Kewell did show some improvement in the 2nd half, and I really hope he's beginning to find
his true form.
But we do lack a real cutting edge up front.
Hopefully Morientes or Anelka can add that for us.

Next 3 matches:
Newcastle(H), WBA(A), S'ton(H).....if we're in our best form, we might win all 3.

looks like anelka will be here in january

not sure about him tho, he is a bit of a winge and a trouble maker

and that point that footyfan made is bullshat, benitez isnt a "shite" manager, and he wont be gone in 12 months

What does everyone think of the draw then? I've got to say we've been pretty lucky, I think we have as good a chance of going through to the next round as any of the English clubs. It's a cracking draw.

I think it's good too. Looks like luck is on our side. Also gives us chance to avenge our defeat at the hands of Leverkusen a couple of years ago.

Good performance today I thought (v.Newcastle) - Baros outstanding and it seems Kewell is starting to come good (still a way to go, mind). Pongolle also impressed as a sub. Newcastle for their part, have serious problems at the back, though.

Good game today and its amazing what a difference playing 442 makes. Kewell has looked a bit better recently, its nice to see him running at players and beating them. Baros up front was immense, the guy never stops running and I was glad he got a goal in the end. Carra at the back was a solid as ever, was good to see him commanding the back line occasionally too.

super mick mcarthy said:
Well done Pool, im a big fan of Benitez and Liverpool as a whole now

One of the first results i look for on a saturday :)
Cheers, supermick - a Sunderland fan by any chance? :D

Just out of curiosity, some of the Liv. team were wearing what looked like blue (sometimes yellow) rubber bands on their wrists, some Spurs players too (MOTD) - what are they and do they serve any purpose?

crayon said:
Just out of curiosity, some of the Liv. team were wearing what looked like blue (sometimes yellow) rubber bands on their wrists, some Spurs players too (MOTD) - what are they and do they serve any purpose?

They are Anti Bullying wristbands, go HERE for more info

CWright said:
They are Anti Bullying wristbands, go HERE for more info
Thanks for that CWriight :applause: a very good cause. I thought they were those sports wristbands (and necklaces) that were popular amongst Japanese sportsmen/women a couple of years ago - something to do with minus ion (not sure of spelling, sorry!).

Just my luck to be living outside the UK at the mo'! When you come to Japan (presumably not just to get your PSP!) perhaps you could bring me a large one (oo-er, wristband ....or beer :D ).

ah yeah it kept bugging me what the wristbands were for....

Good result, Yeah Baros was brilliant(Would have been goal of the season if he had scored that overhead kick!). And now that we have widemen Benitez is playing them as he said he would very wide.

Looks like Morientes will be coming in jan, apparently if the funds permit it Benitez with go for him and Anelka which would cost us just about £15m or less...

As Defoe's English, way over the normal price! £20 million???? As for Morientes - why?? The guy is 28 - this doesn't seem to be buying for the future - just a stop-gap. Anybody remember Karl-Heinz Riedle?

crayon said:
As for Morientes - why?? The guy is 28 - this doesn't seem to be buying for the future - just a stop-gap. Anybody remember Karl-Heinz Riedle?

Cisse, Pongolle, Mellor: All of these are young strikers who are great future prospects. What we need at the moment is someone (other than Baros) that can score goals NOW! Now ideally I'd like to see us go for someone who isn't cup tied, but I don't think that we'll find anyone of Morientes' quality in our price range, so if we can get him for £5 million then I think that will be very good business.

At the moment our priority has got be getting 4th (at least) in the Premiership and to do that we need a proven striker who's going to score goals. In Europe we can get by using the 4-5-1 system with Baros up front on his own, but that won't work in the Prem and Mellor and Pongolle aren't up to being the 2nd striker at the moment.

I'd personally be very happy if Morientes came in January, and it'll make a nice change to see a striker up front for us that can head the ball and hold it up well under pressure.

Back
Top Bottom