Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Just a thought after watching the highlights from the Spurs Carling Cup game. Martin Jol.....lol :lol:

LIVERPOOL Football Club today insisted it would not be hurried over a major new investment approach worth millions of pounds.

The approach from a mystery source was revealed last night at the club's highly-charged AGM.

Reds multi- millionaire shareholder Steve Morgan today urged Liverpool to seal the deal with the mystery new bidder - if it's in the best interests of the club.

After almost a year of turmoil and speculation over Liverpool's ownership and finances he said: "For the proud name of Liverpool Football Club this has to come to an end."

Chief executive Rick Parry today stressed Liverpool won't be rushed into a decision on the current proposals.

There has been speculation that the mystery backing comes from the Middle East or China but Mr Parry said: "We are working on it but we won't put a timescale on anything.

" We have several proposals to evaluate, and while we'd obviously like things to be resolved as soon as possible, it was never a question of trying to reach an agreement before the AGM. We will continue pursuing the different options."

Reds chairman David Moores agreed again to consider his own position last night and said he would have to make a decision soon.

Liverpool have stressed the new interest declared last night does not come from the L4 Group.

Steve Morgan, whose offer remains on the table, said today: "If this other offer is in the best interests of Liverpool FC and does bring wealth and more money then they should do that.

"I want Liverpool to be in the right hands.

"I happen to think I am the right hands for it but if there is someone else who can bring more to the party they should do it. But one thing they cannot do is drag it on.

"For the proud name of this club, and for its dignity, we should end this very quickly."

It will be interesting to see how this whole situation pans out

Seems that the almost inexhaustable Moore's millions of the past have almost dried up doesn't it? Seems we're considering anybody and everybody. Personally, I think Morgan would be good for the club.

I'm not sure about Morgan. In his original offer his assessment of the club was totally undervalued, and who wants someone who's wife grabs the mic and starts ranting at the AGM, that was dodgy. They are like the scouse Hamiltons.

Looks like Robert Kraft who owns the New England Patriots is gonna buy the pool........ thats what I read in the american press....

csaunders said:
Looks like Robert Kraft who owns the New England Patriots is gonna buy the pool........ thats what I read in the american press....

Now if we can only get Belichick to hop on board...

cal-neva said:
I'm not sure about Morgan. In his original offer his assessment of the club was totally undervalued, and who wants someone who's wife grabs the mic and starts ranting at the AGM, that was dodgy. They are like the scouse Hamiltons.
Blinkin' 'eck! I didn't realise that happened... :shock: not a good omen. At least with Moores he just comes back from Barbados with a silly tan every year and keeps in the background. 8)

crayon said:
Blinkin' 'eck! I didn't realise that happened... :shock: not a good omen. At least with Moores he just comes back from Barbados with a silly tan every year and keeps in the background. 8)

I know, when I read that I just thought WTF??!! The Morgans sound like a dodgy crew.
You see the thing is that Morgan wants to take control of the club completely and this kind of crap doesnt endear him to the board or the fans:

The meeting erupted after Mr Morgan's wife Didy unexpectedly took the microphone at the front of the Bill Shankly suite to address the board of directors. Here is an abridged version of the ensuing row ....

DIDY MORGAN: My husband has spent £300,000 in legal fees this year trying to put money into Liverpool Football Club. The response to his offers has just been slow and intolerable. It seems as if a deal would be done with the devil himself rather than with my husband.

Here is a local, successful businessman willing to put millions into this club. He has behaved impeccably and tried his hardest to put his own money into the club yet we are still waiting by the phone and receiving incredibly sluggish responses.

One director made a call last night but that appeared to be a soft sop ahead of this meeting. It is quite tiresome and very weary and I can't understand it. Only tonight we hear there is someone else trying to invest and yet we have someone here in this room who is willing to invest.

DIRECTOR KEITH CLAYTON: I was the director who made that phonecall and it wasn't a sop ahead of tonight. The purpose of the call was to get communication going and to expand on the conversation Mr Morgan had had with Hawkpoint (the financial advisors appointed by Liverpool to handle potential investments) the day before.

DIDY MORGAN: Letters are not responded to, phonecalls are not returned and deadlines are not being met. This is a matter that is not going to go away and my husband won't go away either. I cannot see what the problem is.

KEITH CLAYTON: The board are considering Mr Morgan's offer. The only reason there has been no response is that there has been an approach from a third party. It is a very interesting prospect and the board and the chairman are obliged to consider it. No formal offer has been re-submitted by Mr Morgan (Mr Morgan shakes his head) although it is near.

Link: http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/...fm?objectid=14939784&method=full&siteid=50061

Just goes to show that some people should never be let near a mic :lol: ...I should know - I'm living in the land of karaoke..... ;)

Yesterday sounded reasonable, getting a draw at Villa, with the week we've just had and the game against Olympiakos on Tues/Wed (can't remember!). Haven't seen the highlights tho.

As for who takes us over, gotta agree with Didi's (Hamann?? :D ) first point i.e. selling to the devil. What was that Thai business all about?? Sell to those you know. Better the devil you know than the devil you don't. Filthy lucre, eh?! :mrgreen:

Still, Mr Morgan should get the old insulating tape out..... :shock:

Come on you REDS!! Tonight's the big night - hope everything goes right and Kewell gets a hat-trick (fat chance). Don't really want to test Gerrard's loyalty.....

Good luck and my best wishes for a big victory today, from a Panathinaikos fan and a devoted Liverpool supporter from Athens!!

Oh dear, Rivaldo gets his first goal in England, and makes it:

Liverpool 0 - 1 Olympicaos

L`pool now need 3 goals to make it through or its gonna be Channel 5 football after Xmas!

Well, it's going swimmingly so far!

I'm a worried Liverpool supporter. They seem to be justifying their critics so far.

I remember the Bayer Leverkeusen and FC Basle matches. They leaked goals but played well and looked like a threat. Tonight... They're a mess! I don't think Rivaldo even changed direction when walked through the defense. Defenders just collapsed around him.

It might have been different if the goal was allowed but... the way they've reacted to circumstances so far, 'pool don't deserve to win. Nunez and Traore need to go. But for who? Riise and Kewel are sparadic. Gerrard doesn't know where he's needed most. Where's Alonso? Hyypia is not playing great. Their's hope for Carragher and Finnan but they don't score hatricks. And Baros... with a strap around his leg!

GreenFan said:
Good luck and my best wishes for a big victory today, from a Panathinaikos fan and a devoted Liverpool supporter from Athens!!

Ooh how nice... Just cause you lost in the league from Olympiakos you come
to the Liverpool thread and wish for them to win. How pathetic is that...

WHAT A GREAT GOAL FROM GERRARD! I gotta give it to you Scousers, that took character to come back from 0-1 down! :applause:

Well fair play Pongolle and Mellor. A little bit of youth and enthusiasm to keep the team going that eventually wore out Olympiakos. A bit of a master-stroke if that was Benitez's thinking.

It's hard not to get carried away, but if you're cool, calm and collected (like Benitez) you'd be worried about some fundamental flaws with the teams performance (anyone remember the first half?). Gerrards atitude at stages was worrying too. When Olympiakos were playing well, Liverpool didn't look like mincing them up.

A win more through gile than anything else. But a reported £5m for the coffers at Anfield, thank you very much.

Last edited:

Over the moon for you Liverpool lads, what a cracking goal that was

Ive never screamed so much at a team who i dont supports goal, I was all over my room haha!

super mick mcarthy said:
Ive never screamed so much at a team who i dont supports goal, I was all over my room haha!

me neither, that was awesome!!!lol,my family is sleeping,i was too loud....:D

awesome goal, awesome match, deserved victory!

cregser said:
It's hard not to get carried away, but if you're cool, calm and collected (like Benitez) you'd be worried about some fundamental flaws with the teams performance (anyone remember the first half?). Gerrards atitude at stages was worrying too. When Olympiakos were playing well, Liverpool didn't look like mincing them up.
Well said. I haven't seen the match but from what I've heard, we were fortunate. But I think a good sign is that a Liverpool team of recent years would not have recovered as we have done today.

Things do have to change and I have no doubt it will happen with the extra income from the Champ League - I just have a lot more confidence with Benitez on our side...

HOLY SHIT!! I couldnt see the game cuz ESPN was only carrying the Real Madrid match, and i couldnt get outta work anyway. When i last checked it was 1-0 and ugly. . .i turned off the UEFA updates.

I get back online and they pull it off!! This is so fucking sweet. . .

Pool beats Arsenal, Bears beat Vikings, 'Pool makes round of 16. . . .too sweet for words.

:applause:

AAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm feeling emotional...........

What a 2nd half that was. Fucking unbelievable!!

My bro went tonight and gave me a call so I could hear the roar as the full time whistle went. Crazy stuff

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS. After the Arsenal game I didn't think anything would come close to that, but this game was special. Now to THEM on Saturday. Come on Reds

AVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! iM REALLY DRUNK!

Back
Top Bottom