Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Wonder if Liverpool bought Cisse on the premise that he was a "great future prospect"?

crayon said:
The guy is 28 - this doesn't seem to be buying for the future - just a stop-gap. Anybody remember Karl-Heinz Riedle?

Anyone remember Litmanen?

If Morientes can do a job for 2 seasons, ie. get us 20 odd goals then it'll be money well spent.

Stu-Pid said:
Cisse, Pongolle, Mellor: All of these are young strikers who are great future prospects. What we need at the moment is someone (other than Baros) that can score goals NOW! Now ideally I'd like to see us go for someone who isn't cup tied, but I don't think that we'll find anyone of Morientes' quality in our price range, so if we can get him for £5 million then I think that will be very good business.

At the moment our priority has got be getting 4th (at least) in the Premiership and to do that we need a proven striker who's going to score goals. In Europe we can get by using the 4-5-1 system with Baros up front on his own, but that won't work in the Prem and Mellor and Pongolle aren't up to being the 2nd striker at the moment.

I'd personally be very happy if Morientes came in January, and it'll make a nice change to see a striker up front for us that can head the ball and hold it up well under pressure.
pongolle and mellor future stars.... good luck with that panning out....

Steve Morgan has apparently withdrawn his offer for a stake in the club due to them fucking him about, where will we get some cash from now?

Offering 3.5 Mill for Morientes was a piss take, we might as well have offered them a tenner and a box of Mars bars. It looks like we need all the money we can get

I think a loan deal or possibly a good lower league striker is the best bet for Liverpool, what with the cash situation at the moment

There was talk of Ashton from Crewe joining you for 1.5-2million

CWright said:
Offering 3.5 Mill for Morientes was a piss take, we might as well have offered them a tenner and a box of Mars bars. It looks like we need all the money we can get
Remember the time when we could have bought Gascoigne for that? How different would his career have been?! ;)

As for a new striker, is Dean Ashton from Crewe good enough? Would like to see him at Liverpool - have heard good reports - and he's BRITISH! :D

crayon said:
Remember the time when we could have bought Gascoigne for that? How different would his career have been?! ;)

As for a new striker, is Dean Ashton from Crewe good enough? Would like to see him at Liverpool - have heard good reports - and he's BRITISH! :D

Ashton has done it season in season out for years (albeit in Division one) but i have no doubts he could do a job if he was given the right service

We had an offer turned down in the summer, as many others have im sure

imo 2million would be a bargain for a young, british goalscorer

csaunders said:
pongolle and mellor future stars.... good luck with that panning out....

I didn't say that they were future stars, I said that they were great prospects, i.e. they're both very young and have parts of their games that look very promising. That doesn't mean that they'll turn into great players, but there's a chance that they will turn out to be good squad players. If someone would have told me at the beginning of the season that Mellor would score a winner against Arsenal and a vital goal in a vital Champions League game I would have laughed in their faces. You can't deny that the boy's come a long way in the last few months.

The point I was making is that there's no point at the moment in buying a prospect, we need a proven player that can help to turn our season around.

5-0 today!!

West Brom are serously shite, nobody can save them

CWright said:
5-0 today!!

Chris Wright believes that West Brom cannot be saved. I too, because of Chris, now think this.

CWright said:
5-0 today!!

and not even a really good game by liverpool.

holy crap, according to some german site there team is worth 56.000.000 €, but where?

crap team, no spirit, nothing.

Riise was Man of the Match and seems to have found a new lease of life under our new Manager. Traore looked ropey today though, dont know what was wrog with him.

It was a one sided game today and it was only us who looked like winning it. Contra trying to tell the ref that the ball hit his shoulder as well when he blatantly put his hand up to stop the ball crossing the line!

CWright said:
5-0 today!!

To all you hard-core Christians out there, don't forget, CW is saying that not even Jesus Christ could save West Brom..... Wow.

im a devout christian, but i can safely say, i ll have to agree with The One on this one.

anyhow just had to drop by and say, ... holy fucking shit, what a screamer by riise... ive always liked his sublime left footed shots, incredible

-fb

That's more like it, now we need to take maxium points off norwich before we face Chelsea.

Yeah Riise has found a new lease of life under Benitez and Pongolle has stepped up his game, the great thing is bar no Cisse our squad is solid at the moment, not a long way to go til january.

Like Rafa says " You aint seen nothing yet"

He is the magic man
He comes from sunny Spain
And he can play
What is his name
Xabi.....Alonso....

did anyone see the tackle on diouf by old man keane?

Me and the ref never!!

I keep thinking we could have signed anelka instead of that total waste of space,
AND why havent we sold him, some overseas clubs wanted him, hes still young
take the money and run.

price tag???? mmm 5 million

Chelsea price tag: 10 million of course

Argh! The match tracker on ESPN is dead!! What has happened since halftime vs Southampton?? Last i saw, Pongolle gave us the lead.

How sweet was that 5-0 demolition?! Oh Riise's left foot is wicked. I love the way he lined up his bombs like a heavyweight looking to land a left hook. He was like Joe Frazier up in that piece! lol.

ghazi said:
Argh! The match tracker on ESPN is dead!! What has happened since halftime vs Southampton?? Last i saw, Pongolle gave us the lead.

How sweet was that 5-0 demolition?! Oh Riise's left foot is wicked. I love the way he lined up his bombs like a heavyweight looking to land a left hook. He was like Joe Frazier up in that piece! lol.

A very nervy 2nd half, we looked like we just had to turn up and we would win.

The 5-0 win was a belter but todays game was a reality check

Some forced injuries(again!) seemed disrupt our play a bit, Riise is defiently high on confidence.

Hopefully Baros will be back on saturday and Finnan(there is no way that we can play Diao at right back again especially against chelsea).

i think if we played that match last year under houllier, we would have conceded and the score would have finished 1-1

the differnce between this season and last, is were finally starting to put away the mino's.

I cant wait for New Year's Day. I fly into SanJose, California to see my brother tomorrow and my cousin from london (Chelsea fan) is flying there today. We'll hit an English pub for the Chelski showdown.

Be well, brothers. Happy new years.

csaunders said:
Chris were you at the game last night?

Its the power of TV mate, at the moment every game we are playing is on the telly!!

Hope we get the right result against Chelsea, we will need to play a different system than we did against Portsmouth

Morientes coming or not? It appears they want almost as much as we got for Owen (the cheek!) - just been reading Yahoo and they figure Anelka might be coming for 6 million.

Back
Top Bottom