Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

crayon said:
Yakubu? Remember Heskey? Upcoming 22 year old, strong, fast as lightning when we signed him....turned into a pub player.....(perhaps he was that all along)

I remember that Heskey.... I first saw him in Liverpool-Leeds 3-2.. His performance was stunning and he was full of tricks and speed. I seriously thought he was going to be amazing..... but that didnt seem to go well.

Milanista said:
I remember that Heskey.... I first saw him in Liverpool-Leeds 3-2.. His performance was stunning and he was full of tricks and speed. I seriously thought he was going to be amazing..... but that didnt seem to go well.
Houllier bored the skill out of him in my opinion. A lot has to do with boss/player motivation and it seems to be something Benitez is good at, thank heavens. :)

crayon said:
Houllier bored the skill out of him in my opinion. A lot has to do with boss/player motivation and it seems to be something Benitez is good at, thank heavens. :)

So why would Yakubu be the next Heskey then? ;)

Put it this way.... too mediocre for Liverpool. We had enough of that under GH.

i dont like anelka, he is lathargic and only plays when he can be assed

hopefully, if we do sign up, benitez will take no bull off him and make him play like the world class player he can be

id still prefer fowler :D

Fat boy, I am afraid, is past it. The memories are good enough for me. Anelka? Depends if he can be arsed on the day, doesn't it?

fowler isnt fat no more this season he has looked as sharp as ever, he is turning into a more creative player, with neat little flicks and headers etc. he can also head a ball, and "smack his head"

looks like we will be signing Cesar this week, along wiht morientes, although STILL nothing has been confirmed :(

Benitez has given Madrid 48 hours to accept the bid for Morientes or he will tell tham to fuck off. Good on him

kevano22 said:
fowler isnt fat no more this season he has looked as sharp as ever, he is turning into a more creative player, with neat little flicks and headers etc. he can also head a ball, and "smack his head"

looks like we will be signing Cesar this week, along wiht morientes, although STILL nothing has been confirmed :(
Yeah, I know he looks sharper, but you should never live in the past. Look what happened to the toffee-noses with Ferguson :lol: .

As for Morientes, it gets my goat that we "give" Owen to them for pennies and no probs, while they um and ar over a 28 year old who's stuck in their reserves most of the time anyway. Good on RB - if he doesn't do something like this, we may well get no striker in the transfer window! :roll:

If we don't get Morientes then it's Anelka or Johnson...I like Johnson but I would like to see how he handles a second season in the prem(with Palace) or would he contract Marcus Stewart/Kevin Phillips syndrome. Anelka is good when bothered, he really is wasting his career away and only at 23....

Yeah Madrid are being rather anal over Morientes, as you know it's they're way or nothing and they want first refusal on Gerrard.

Watford tonight, Rafa want us in the final so he's going with a stronger squad...

Sabac Red said:
Watford tonight, Rafa want us in the final so he's going with a stronger squad...

It looks like all the big boys are back for this evenings game, its a shame for the kids who have got us this far but its all experience for them.

Dion Dublin for Liverpool ;)

According to todays papers we will be signing Morientes in the next 24 hours for 6 million. Benitez wants to have the deal signed so he can play in the Man Yoo game on Saturday

Lyon have apparently tabled a firm bid aswell for Morientes(they will try to out bid us by £1m every time we increase ours, the cheek of it.) but as we know Morientes wants to come to Anfield.

We are also in the chase for Malbranque seeing as Fulham are willing to let him go now.

I thought Morientes wasn't sure about leaving since Luxemburgo is the new Real coach I hope it works out though, since Morientes is a great striker who will be great to watch in the EPL.

Well done Liverpool, if the BBC's story is anything to go by - him signing tomorrow subject to a medical...

Top drawer striker, more lethal than Michael Owen was i think :)

Morientes deserves a permanent club who will give him the chance to play regularly...

proximus said:
Well done Liverpool, if the BBC's story is anything to go by - him signing tomorrow subject to a medical...

Top drawer striker, more lethal than Michael Owen was i think :)

Morientes deserves a permanent club who will give him the chance to play regularly...
is he that much better then Owen, i htink liverpool fans will long dred the day Owen was sold, i mean you could really use him now...

did any of you pool fans watch the watford game, watford has an american Jay Demrit playing for them, he got the second highest rating behind gerrard from the SUN, did anyone notice him, he was marking mellor and apparently did a really good job, any thoughts?

csaunders said:
is he that much better then Owen, i htink liverpool fans will long dred the day Owen was sold, i mean you could really use him now...
Spurs fan here mate =;

Yeah, i personally prefer Morientes over Owen, he not only has pace but can head the ball brilliantly and has alethal shot from anywhere around the box. Owen is good in these areas too but barring this season, Morientes goal record says it all. He's had around an hours play altogether, notching up the minutes he had on a sub for Real.... :shock:

According to the BBC website, he's on his way for 5.5 million quid, rising to 6.3 when he reaches certain milestones etc....Glad the deal is done, look forward to seeing him play and hope he doesn't injure himself in first practice like Nunez did (the muppet!). :lmao:

While i was sad to see Owen go, I think Morientes has the potential to be great at Liverpool, and be more effective than Owen was in his last couple of seasons at Anfield. He is lethal in the air, is strong enough to hold the ball and let rampaging midfielders like Gerrard and Alonso come up and join the fray, and he has great ball control. I remember some of the playmaking abilities he surprised me with last year as he weaved thru defenses and split them with great passes too.

And we all know he is a quality finisher. I think he could make a huge impact once Liverpool's midefield is 100% (if ever again!) and he settles with his teammates.

Shouldn't find the language a problem.....most of them speak Spanish! I agree with you ghazi, he's got more aspects to his play than MO.

crayon said:
Shouldn't find the language a problem.....most of them speak Spanish! I agree with you ghazi, he's got more aspects to his play than MO.

He wont m8,its a shame,he played in the qualifiers for real madrid.so hes 100% cup tied.

Pires7 said:
Will Morientes be available in the Champions League for you guys?

JW quoted the wrong guy so just to confirm this, Morientes wont be available for us in the Champs League due to him playing for Madrid in an earlier round. I think we need at least one more striker

70 grand a week......wish I was a footballer instead! Mind you, 6.3 million is better value than Heskey was for 11 million!

CWright said:
JW quoted the wrong guy so just to confirm this, Morientes wont be available for us in the Champs League due to him playing for Madrid in an earlier round. I think we need at least one more striker

I gotta stop stayin up so late! its messin me mind up lol.

Congratulations on the signing of Fernando Morientes Sanchez. He is the one of the best strikers in the world, without a doubt. And for the price, its kind of a bargain :p. Great buy for liverpool, perfect timing too.

Back
Top Bottom