Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

GUILLEM BALAGUE sky sports la liga expert wrote this a while back. I think he makes a fair poinmt
"The case of Fernando Morientes is an unfair one. His quality would be useful in any team in the world, except Real Madrid's at the moment. But his legend has grown with his return to the bench. You must remember he rediscovered his form with a team that played in the French league and who used his strengths to a maximum, even allowing him to reinvent himself as a second striker. They are two things that won't happen in the case of Liverpool. He is a player that depends greatly on his mood. If he hits form and feels wanted, he delivers. If he feels the competition is too hard (he is not a physical player) or too fast (so he cannot use the movements he has learnt at Monaco) he may want to go home sooner rather than later. I doubt he will be a success in England, although I would play him at Madrid, especially now that Beckham is being used as a winger when the team is attacking. His crosses need El Moro's head."

Milan Baros has spoken of his excitement about the imminent arrival at Anfield of Fernando Morientes and vowed the pair can strike up a lethal partnership in front of goal.
Baros has been without a regular strike partner since record-signing Djibril Cisse broke his leg against Blackburn in October but he believes that he has finally found a striker at Anfield capable of recreating the success he's enjoyed at international level.

"The deal is great news for Liverpool," enthused Baros. "Fernando is world-class and I'm delighted he is coming to Anfield. I'm looking forward to establishing our partnership on the pitch. Fernando is terrific in the air, just like Jan Koller.

"Jan and I have been superb for the Czechs and I believe Fernando and I can prove just as successful in English football. He is so strong and so talented that I'm certain he will help us climb towards the very top of the Premiership.

"Obviously, the timing of the deal is very important too. Djibril Cisse is out with a long-term injury and I've had my difficulties with injuries recently as well."

Morientes cleared to play the Mancs tomorrow. Good stuff!!

On the Lineker note, is it just me who thinks hes becoming a right smug twat?!

J@s0n88 said:
beattie for 6million pounds n morientes for 6.3? i wonder who is the better striker... hmmmm tough choices...

Yes, the Beattie deal was a nice bit of business... But, I'd give up the two year age difference and go with Morientes. Moro has done it at all levels and there is no worries about his class.

In a way I am both nervous and excited about todays game. Moro has scored on every debut, lets hope he carries that trend on.

No fear today boys

J@s0n88 said:
beattie for 6million pounds n morientes for 6.3? i wonder who is the better striker... hmmmm tough choices...
Seems like the toffee noses have purchased another average striker with something to prove. I'd rather have Morientes - winning mentality.

Hope we put up a better show than last Utd game. Couldn't have been any worse last time, losing game and Gerrard! ;) Hope we play similar to the first half against Chelsea. :D

U lot made us sweat for the last 20 minutes.The best defender in the land couldnt play,Brown was sent off and we still pull a fast one on your dogy goalkeeper.Ouh yah,Rooney from the blue half of Merseyside scored.

Liverpool are pathetic! im not coming onto cause trouble, but your team is full of dead wood and average Spanish players. I think for Gerrard to fufill his full potencial he really has to move to a much better team.

Why don't you yahoos calm down a bit? Dudek is gracious enough to just give you a goal... the least you could do is enjoy the hospitality.

Getting a keeper has moved up to priority number 1 at this point.

ScottBrown said:
Liverpool are pathetic! im not coming onto cause trouble, but your team is full of dead wood and average Spanish players. I think for Gerrard to fufill his full potencial he really has to move to a much better team.
Still too much for the Arsenal though, it seems. :lmao:

.....oh, and it's potential not potencial..... :roll:

unfortunately, the only one who has taken a go at you lot is a gooner. go figure

anyway, good match, hope you lot get better results in CL

-fb

footieBalla said:
unfortunately, the only one who has taken a go at you lot is a gooner. go figure

anyway, good match, hope you lot get better results in CL

-fb
Have to get a goalie first. The least dodgy keeper won today. :mrgreen:

You lot can have our 3rd keeper,Ricardo and he's SPANISH mate!!
icon10.gif
But honestly,that mistake,an error in judgement would definitely bring any team's confidence down...Hope we can meet again,in the League cup Final perhaps ayy?

ScottBrown said:
Gerrard plays in such a way that he demands possesion of the ball and even stops his teamates from playing. The way he plays, a team has to be built around him for him to be effective. Today, we saw the faults of that. Gerrard didn't play well and all of a sudden the Liverpool team had no inspiration. I'm a fan of Gerrard when he plays well, but he's too inconsistent and undisciplined. This season has proved he's a OMF and not reliable enough for CMF or DMF. The goal that Rooney scored today started from Gerrard conceeding a free and instead of tracking back he moaned at the ref and sauntered around while United took a quick free kick and Rooney found the space to shoot and score.

Scholes and Keane won it for United today.

From a neutral point of view, Liverpool played the 2nd half with no determination. United players were going for the ball, most liverpool players were standing still. Baros was quick and was having a decent game, but Morientes was making so many mistakes and still used to falling like in la liga.

Riise was very good imo.

Unlucky lads

I think you didnt have enough in offensive midfield, a lot of link up was left to the front men which took them out of the game as it were

I think your first XI is as good as any in the league when fit, no Kewell and Xabi is a hell of a difference

phrase said:
The best defender in the land couldnt play...

Well, yeah the top 2 defenders in land were on opposite sides today at the Lane.

Liverpool need to buy a decent keeper - they need to get rid of Dudek, he's ok against small teams but seems to go to pieces in the big ones. Benitez should try and get Canizares from his old club.

Back
Top Bottom