Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Thought Liverpool played very poorly in the first half, and only got back into the game at all via a complete fluke OG. They didn't have any kind of sustained pressure until the 80th minute. Tyler, that was never a penalty, Carragher was tugging as much as Heinze was, and I can't believe van Nistelrooy didn't get a PK in the first half - surely now Liverpool fans can't call him a diving cheat when he stayed on his feet for so long there?

Xabi Alonso has always been a great player, there's this little place called Spain he used to play in Vann ;). Agree that Kewell was non-existent, didn't even look like he wanted the ball.

And even if both Utd goals came from set-pieces which were incorrectly awarded, you should still defend them better than Liverpool did.

Jeez, Liverpool where awful, only Xabi Alonso I thought played quite well, Keane and Ronaldo where excellent.

As for Kewell, no wonder Leeds went down. And as for the guy Cisse up front, I guess Auxerre released him on a free transfer. ;)

FD

We looked shite in the first half and for most of the second half. Only starting to play for about 15 minutes of the 2nd half aint good enough.

Alonso and Josemi looked like our 2 best players and at least Garcia was trying to get somewhere. Kewell really needs some time on the bench to think about whether he really wants to play for us because once again he looked like a spare part.

And as for that whole zonal marking thing when they got a corner, dont even get me started on that!!

Now we all know why Real Madrid and Sir Alex wanted to sign Xabi Alonso before Benitez snapped him up.That guy is pure class,simple game,great passes and set pieces,never shyed away from a tackle etc.He was superb alongside Gerrard in the midfield but picked up his game and started to dominate when the latter got injured.Cisse never looked as menacing as I thought he would be and Kewell did too much defending(or the lack of it) in the first half.Great game nonetheless,I thought we was slipping away after the restart and the equaliser but Mikael's second goal decided the match.

You lot need a another player like Gerrard that has the drive and passion to pull your other 'water carriers' up by the collars and produce some substance. Someone like Alonso needs to step up more and show and prove - time will tell i guess - he needs to be the big player he was for Sociedad. You need another CB of quality to replace Carragher and hopefully one i can understand in the after match interviews :D:D:D

Josemi tried hard but was often run ragged by Ronaldo... I knew Ronaldo was going to take over the whole flank in this game. He is amazing and skillful but surely the rest of the midfield should have been contained.

Riise was very nonchalant.. and fuck Kewell.. fucking waste of space. I'm so glad we didn't buy him as a replacement/cover for Pires as he is fucking utter shite. Shows his skills and showboats with the likkle teams, but when the big boys come to town, he goes and plays with his dick in the corner (i'm hating!!!). When Nunez gets fit, will Kewell be on the bench to contemplate settling down in Emmerdale?

ClassicD said:
Thought Liverpool played very poorly in the first half, and only got back into the game at all via a complete fluke OG. They didn't have any kind of sustained pressure until the 80th minute. Tyler, that was never a penalty, Carragher was tugging as much as Heinze was, and I can't believe van Nistelrooy didn't get a PK in the first half - surely now Liverpool fans can't call him a diving cheat when he stayed on his feet for so long there?

Xabi Alonso has always been a great player, there's this little place called Spain he used to play in Vann ;). Agree that Kewell was non-existent, didn't even look like he wanted the ball.

And even if both Utd goals came from set-pieces which were incorrectly awarded, you should still defend them better than Liverpool did.

I wasn't trying to say Liverpool deserved the penalty, just that the ref could have called it and given us a fluke tie. Just like the ref gave SCUM a fluke corner. Oh well, that's life.

Regardless, SCUM created more chances... the best by far being Ronaldo's. Perhaps the weather played a factor (and injuries for Liverpool) but I expected better from both teams.

ClassicD said:

yeah I was aware of that, being good in another league/counrty doesnt always mean the form will carry over to The Prem, and Alonso seems to have done that. Also seeing a player in the flesh gives you a better idea of how good/bad they actually are.

I think Gerrard's injury might just be the blessing in disguise for this team.
For too long we've been dependent on Gerrard.
Alonso can step up to the limelight and help push this team forward.
He's the only player among Hamann, Biscan and Diao who can boss the midfield with
his sublime passing, vision and tough tackling.

I hope some of the other players also step up a few gears and show some more passion
(Kewell, Cisse, etc)

CWright said:
Hold on there sparky, when did Viera sign for United?!!?!

Surely you mean Keane

Is everyone but me bladdered today?

:( :shock: Oh fuck me - my bad!! I swear I know better! I swear!!

I been on painkillers from this dental procedure I had done yesterday. . plus I got a fuckin ulcer in my eye from my new contact lenses that forces me to wear a patch for the next 24 hours.

This "getting old" shit is killing me.

Disappointing first half yesterday. Cisse needed to be knocked upside the head, and Josemi looked to be the best threat for the first 45. LOL. Loved Alonso, though. Can you imagine him and Garcia at the end of the year. ooh.

C. Ronaldo continues to be a man-child. I'll never understand how people can continue to dismiss him as a one-trick pony. The kid is a 10-trick stallion with a 3 foot cock. :mrgreen:

ghazi said:
I been on painkillers from this dental procedure I had done yesterday. . plus I got a fuckin ulcer in my eye from my new contact lenses that forces me to wear a patch for the next 24 hours.

This "getting old" shit is killing me.

shit, sounds like ya ready for the knackers yard!

It's a shame really, FD and Vann. I come up with a great quote on C.Ronaldo, and all you healthy fuckers can talk about is my geriatric ass! I was half expecting my quote to make some Manc's signature line. :mrgreen: Lets try that again. . . .

C. Ronaldo continues to be a man-child. I'll never understand how people can continue to dismiss him as a one-trick pony. The kid is a 10-trick stallion with a 3 foot cock.

mathewsss said:
I think Gerrard's injury might just be the blessing in disguise for this team.
For too long we've been dependent on Gerrard.
Alonso can step up to the limelight and help push this team forward.

Yep I agree, with Hamann doing the dirty work Alonso can have more freedom to push on...We're still a long way from becoming that team of Benitez's vision, hopefully he'll make some signings in January.

ghazi said:
It's a shame really, FD and Vann. I come up with a great quote on C.Ronaldo, and all you healthy fuckers can talk about is my geriatric ass! I was half expecting my quote to make some Manc's signature line. :mrgreen: Lets try that again. . . .
stop looking at ronaldos cock and pay attention to his jukes, you sicko

Sabac Red said:
Yep I agree, with Hamann doing the dirty work Alonso can have more freedom to push on...We're still a long way from becoming that team of Benitez's vision, hopefully he'll make some signings in January.

Nah Stevie G is irreplaceable for the scousers, Alonso looks a cracking player but no replacement for Stevie.

saying that even without Gerrard, Alonso and Hamann is a good center midfield by anyones standards so it wont be too bad.

Liverpool coach has been spotted training promising new players:

f6e8ce1d.jpg.orig.jpg

ninjabreakz said:
Liverpool coach has been spotted training promising new players:

f6e8ce1d.jpg.orig.jpg

I am sure thats hilarious mate but it cant be seen, shame ;)

Though we were only playing Norwich it was good to hear Stuart Hall enthusing about us on 5 Live, hopefully it will continue all the way thru the season.

Serves that twat Bentley right for slagging us in this mornings paper

csaunders said:
stop looking at ronaldos cock and pay attention to his jukes, you sicko

What the fuck are jukes? Slang for testicles? :-)

(how the hell do you use smilies now!?!)

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Nah Stevie G is irreplaceable for the scousers, Alonso looks a cracking player but no replacement for Stevie.

Didn't look like we were missing Gerrard yesterday, Alonso was pure class.

Apart from the Graz game, we have a 100% home record.
It's the Away form which is concerning. With Olympiakos next, I hope we can get the 1st away
win of the season to help boost the confidence.

danwin said:
What the fuck are jukes? Slang for testicles? :-)

(how the hell do you use smilies now!?!)

LOL - jukes are American slang for what y'all call "jinks" i belive. Basically its an elusive move that throws your defender off by faking one way and going the other, or stuttering/heistating while you run in order to fake out a defender.

ghazi said:
LOL - jukes are American slang for what y'all call "jinks" i belive. Basically its an elusive move that throws your defender off by faking one way and going the other, or stuttering/heistating while you run in order to fake out a defender.

Ah, a jinking run. A phrase I havent heard in quite a while and one that probably wont be used again anytime soon.

Big test of the new look Liverpool tomorrow against Olympiakos, we shall see how we handle it. After Saturdays showing I am quietly confident that we can surprise a few Euro teams

CWright said:
Ah, a jinking run. A phrase I havent heard in quite a while and one that probably wont be used again anytime soon.

Big test of the new look Liverpool tomorrow against Olympiakos, we shall see how we handle it. After Saturdays showing I am quietly confident that we can surprise a few Euro teams

Yep, three more points tomorrow hopefully. The team looks quite solid without Gerrard, perhaps we work better as a unit without him, fanastic player he is but his running can leave the team a bit stretched. Would be nice to get a win tomorrow and start building some consistency, something that has been lacking for many a year! Come on you REDMEN!!!

danwin said:
Yep, three more points tomorrow hopefully. The team looks quite solid without Gerrard, perhaps we work better as a unit without him, fanastic player he is but his running can leave the team a bit stretched. Would be nice to get a win tomorrow and start building some consistency, something that has been lacking for many a year! Come on you REDMEN!!!
Guys you are making all these observations from one match, against NORWICH - I aint taking anything away from L`pool, but dont you think you are getting a little carried away. We have had 2 wins on the trot (against better opposition) and I still aint happy with my team . . . .

ninjabreakz said:
Guys you are making all these observations from one match, against NORWICH - I aint taking anything away from L`pool, but dont you think you are getting a little carried away. We have had 2 wins on the trot (against better opposition) and I still aint happy with my team . . . .

We have had 5 years of shite negative footy, at least let us have our moment

CWright said:
We have had 5 years of shite negative footy, at least let us have our moment
Listen Mr. Wright, I respect that you guys had a good game on Saturday (and you did, I was impressed) I was just stating my opinion. I noticed you added me on XBOX Live (on my dashboard) you gonna play me at PES4 when it comes out?

ninjabreakz said:

LOL. Yeah bugger off!! we're being optamistic, not claiming we're gonna win the league, it's just good to have something to be optamistic about for once.

ninjabreakz said:
I noticed you added me on XBOX Live (on my dashboard) you gonna play me at PES4 when it comes out?

Unless you actually buy some other games before then.

To keep this topic where it should be I wonder if Warnock will keep his place on the left as I was impressed with him at the weekend

Back
Top Bottom