Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

a2FHb.jpg

Well moving on to the match versus Newcastle...

Carroll....well this is the perfect script for him...
He needs a goal desperately....and what better time to do this..
to send a signal back to Derek Llambias who said he was worth nothing...

Will be a great game ....

I hope Bellamy and Maxi start playing in a front-three ..

With Adam, Spearing, Shelvey/Gerrard in midfield.

Give henderson and Downing a rest...they're not doing much.

Last edited:

Liverpool should give up on Carroll, he is hopeless...
About the ban and fine for Suarez (and Liverpool): Suarez is a high profile nuisance at the moment...IMO this is not for the finger alone, this is for the fact that on top of all the other things and right in the middle of this, he also was so stupid to give a finger...
I know most of you won't like it, but in all objectivity, right at the moment Suarez must be the biggest arse hole in the world on a football field...Liverpool's support for him is totally misplaced IMO even if i tend to agree with his explanation about the racism and with the fact that Evra exagerates (but we 've been trhough all of that).
IMO he already should have had a ban for what he did to Rodwell in the derby...the FA should do this after every card where diving was involved...and lots of players do it, but Suarez is the most unfair and controversial player in the world right at the moment...a litle bit of introspection wouldn't do him no harm. Oh and to make you guys really happy: i think Dalglish is to blame too...

From the Guardian's website: what we want in 2012 (i couldn't agree more):
I suppose Liverpool growing up and ditching the persecution complex would be too much to hope for. It was a bit rich to accuse the Football Association of prejudging the Luis Suárez investigation when the club have been unable to keep quiet on the matter from the outset. Bill Shankly used to be a one‑man public relations industry on behalf of Liverpool FC, before the term had been properly recognised. The present crass campaign lacks his magic touch.

gary neville has a really small finger and the rocks face hahahaha quality

Liverpool should give up on Carroll, he is hopeless...
About the ban and fine for Suarez (and Liverpool): Suarez is a high profile nuisance at the moment...IMO this is not for the finger alone, this is for the fact that on top of all the other things and right in the middle of this, he also was so stupid to give a finger...
I know most of you won't like it, but in all objectivity, right at the moment Suarez must be the biggest arse hole in the world on a football field...Liverpool's support for him is totally misplaced IMO even if i tend to agree with his explanation about the racism and with the fact that Evra exagerates (but we 've been trhough all of that).
IMO he already should have had a ban for what he did to Rodwell in the derby...the FA should do this after every card where diving was involved...and lots of players do it, but Suarez is the most unfair and controversial player in the world right at the moment...a litle bit of introspection wouldn't do him no harm. Oh and to make you guys really happy: i think Dalglish is to blame too...

Totally agree....and I am LFC fan for 26 years....

Regarding Carroll....well there is no-one else to lead the line...hence this may be his last chance
with Suarez out for minimum 8 games.....although I am not too optimistic about Carroll...
With Gerrard back...I think we need him playing off the striker ...and Bellamy and Maxi also
starting every game....but Dalglish feels they are old and need to be dropped even if they score goals.

Suarez when he signed I was scared of this kind of stuff happening..
but hoped that it would never happen...
I had seen one writer say the exact same thing....that Suarez is a dirty
player and he will keep courting controversy because of his cheating mentality.

I also agree about Dalglish...

Last edited:

From the Guardian's website: what we want in 2012 (i couldn't agree more):
I suppose Liverpool growing up and ditching the persecution complex would be too much to hope for. It was a bit rich to accuse the Football Association of prejudging the Luis Suárez investigation when the club have been unable to keep quiet on the matter from the outset. Bill Shankly used to be a one‑man public relations industry on behalf of Liverpool FC, before the term had been properly recognised. The present crass campaign lacks his magic touch.

Totally agree...we look like a joke today.
I just hope Dalglish stops moaning and just gets his players to
score more goals.....starting with signing some proven class strikers
and attacking midfielders.

Looks like we are being linked with Darren Bent...
http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport...uiry-for-aston-villa-striker-darren-bent.html

Or maybe Carroll could go back to Newcastle....
http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport...uld-take-back-liverpool-fcs-andy-carroll.html

I would prefer Higuain or Podolski..........man even Miroslava Klose would have been nice...

Huntelaar is on fire at Schalke....he would be a great signing if available...

but most likely we will go the British over-rated route again.... :-(

Last edited:

IMO Darren Bent is a very good player...he might not be a Rolls Royce, but if your current car is a Trabant, then you should be glad with an Aston Martin.

Not sure about Darren Bent tbh, admittedly I haven't seen a lot of him to judge but I get the impression he is a one-trick pony, i.e. he hangs around the goal and scores. At first that seems like a perfect player the way Liverpool are playing atm, but you would hope they could sign someone that has that little bit extra to his game to create something himself when the team isn't in form and creating bucket loads of chances. The team is having the same issues with Carroll, once the players around him start creating chances for his style he starts to look like a very usefull striker (usually the last 10min. of a game when Liverpool need to get a winner and bomb the penaltyarea), but for the rest of the play he doesn't offer much. I would expect it to be the similar for Bent in that if you don't play to his strenghts he may be nullified like Carroll is atm.

tik, Gerd Muller just hanged around the goal and scored, same goes for Pipo Inzagi and Miroslav Klose. They are among the best goal poachers ever...priceless.

I think Bent is less a goal poacher than those 3 and that he does more than just hanging around the goal...IMO Bent is a striker who can play with the team. He would be very complimentary with players like Suarez, Downing, Henderson and Bellamy...the more i think about it, the more i'm convincerd that he will be the perfect striker for Liverpool.

PS: and sell Gerrard, with the money you will get from him you can buy very good players. Gerrard is definitely over the top but at the moment clubs will still give much money for him, in a couple of months it will be too late...

tik, Gerd Muller just hanged around the goal and scored, same goes for Pipo Inzagi and Miroslav Klose. They are among the best goal poachers ever...priceless.

I think Bent is less a goal poacher than those 3 and that he does more than just hanging around the goal...IMO Bent is a striker who can play with the team. He would be very complimentary with players like Suarez, Downing, Henderson and Bellamy...the more i think about it, the more i'm convinced that he will be the perfect striker for Liverpool.

PS: and sell Gerrard, with the money you will get from him you can buy very good players. Gerrard is definitely over the top but at the moment clubs will still give much money for him, in a couple of months it will be too late...

Sell Gerrard? Really? We don't need to sell him now unless he wants to leave the club which I doubt he will. And this is not the way Liverpool treats their legends, I'd give him a lifetime contract for everything he's done for the club. Some people criticize him because he couldn't win Liverpool the Barclay's Premier League trophy, but it wasn't his fault when we look back and see what kind of players he had around him.

As for Bent, he's a proven EPL goalscorer and not only, I think he's the type of striker who can play with the team unlikely to Carroll. I'd go for him definitely and we still need another winger and a cover for Lucas.

Calling Gerrard a legend is a very serious devaluation of the notion "legend".
Dalglish, Keegan, Hughes, Toshack, Shankley and Paisley are Liverpool legends. Gerrard does not come even close to that. From his generation there is only one player that one could maybe call legend: Xabi Alonso. But it is much too soon to call current players legends...you need hindsight and perspective to do that. That is also why i never read biographies of players who carreer isn't finished...

Erm, yeah, Gerrard is definitely a Pool legend surely?

Came through youth setup?
Scouse?
Genuinely world class?
More than a decade with the club?
A good number of medals and cups - including single handedly dragging his team to the big eared cup?
Scored umpteen goals and saves his best performances for rivals?

He even punched a dude in a club - I mean what else can you ask for?

Kenny should just get Bent... :BOP:

Seriously though, just what reds need...

Goal hanging, selfish poacher... perfect to score scrappy goals...

Kenny should just get Bent... :BOP:

Seriously though, just what reds need...

Goal hanging, selfish poacher... perfect to score scrappy goals...

He did just cost £24m though didn't he?

Hardly an option I'd of thought.

Underrated player though.

Dalglish, Keegan, Hughes, Toshack, Shankley and Paisley are Liverpool legends. Gerrard does not come even close to that. From his generation there is only one player that one could maybe call legend: Xabi Alonso. But it is much too soon to call current players legends...you need hindsight and perspective to do that. That is also why i never read biographies of players who carreer isn't finished...

Its clear you have personal issues with Stevie G so it makes no sense to argue about this topic anymore. He's a future Liverpool legend alongside Jamie Carragher and that's the bottom line.

Erm, yeah, Gerrard is definitely a Pool legend surely?

Came through youth setup?
Scouse?
Genuinely world class?
More than a decade with the club?
A good number of medals and cups - including single handedly dragging his team to the big eared cup?
Scored umpteen goals and saves his best performances for rivals?

He even punched a dude in a club - I mean what else can you ask for?

+1 agreed , Owen way on the way too ,then did a u-turn to villain. Gerrard was tempted then gotten back on track! Legendary status in my lil` book .

Gerd suggesting this make me wonder if you realise what this player means to the club and city of Livepool..Besides i think that we don´t need to sell our captain to buy players, don´t forget the money to buy is there with new owners..

He is the heart of the club, he will play more as AM/SS now, with Adam or Shelvey as his backup..he might not be 25 anymore, but we saw how big difference his crossing might turn out to be... Downing crossing is very weak, but Gerrard will make difference if he stayes fit...

oh man u dont even get the LEGEND world for one player , Maldini is a Legend player of Milan , Del Piero of Juve , Zaneti of Inter

but for u Zlatan Ibrahimoshit its Legend of Juve Inter and Milan good night man !!!

looking forward for tonights match hope we get 3 points I just dont want a draw AGAIN so lets win it

Bent could be the fox-in-the-box striker we are looking for.

He is 27 yrs old....and at his peak.

Could give us another 3-4 yrs max...

Either him...or we should go after someone like Huntelaar

Regarding Gerrard....there is no way on earth we should sell him...

He still offers more value than any of the other midfielders we have
apart from Lucas.
None of the other LFC midfielders are anywhere close to him.....they are all average
squad players....maybe in the future Hendo will turn out good...
but for now we desperately need a fit Gerrard.

I can't see him going anywhere else.
The club will never sell him......and by the way he is a Legend...
yes not the greatest for LFC....but in the top 5 LFC players of all time.

Alonso is the technically better player...but his impact was never the same as Gerrard
who scored more...assisted more...and played big-time games like Istanbul and FA cup final..
and so many more.

BTW I would love to have Alonso, Torres, Masch, Yossi, Arbeloa any day back.

Sami Hyppia was a legend....for the length of time, sheer quality and how he solidified
our leaky defence.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom