Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

horrible performance today, just without any sence or tactics, we play without heart and just on coincidence..

I hope we improve for future games... especialy our finishing.. we are impotent..

last 2 games:

liverpool - 23 shots on target, 1 goal
man united - 13 shots on target, 9 goals

Ive never seen a player with worse positioning than Carroll. He has no idea where to be, he is always in the wrong place.

We can't afford to be buying average players in bulk...
and that too at ridiculous prices.

We need high quality even if it means 1 or 2 players.

We need 1 striker and 1 good attacking midfielder..
both have to be high quality....not from average mid-table/relegation clubs..
with proven experience.

We are so lucky to be still 3-4 pts off the top-4
but this is not going to last forever.
Chelsea and Arsenal won't stand still....at some point they
will outpace us.

Nani's a strange inclusion I dont think he's been near the top 5 players in the league, unless it's a poll for cumulative pointless stepovers. He'd struggle to be in the top 5 ManU players for 2011 let alone the whole league. Vidic, Hernandez, Rooney and even Giggs have made more telling contributions over the last 12 months.
:LOL: You'd struggle to find even 'Pool fans who'd agree with you on that.

We can't afford to be buying average players in bulk...
and that too at ridiculous prices.

We need high quality even if it means 1 or 2 players.

We need 1 striker and 1 good attacking midfielder..
both have to be high quality....not from average mid-table/relegation clubs..
with proven experience.

will outpace us.

totaly agree , we can get same players also before but we have to buy "amatuer" players , we need stars , i understand buying promising players its good but this players has to be cheap not like u buy C Ronaldo that won golden ball did many things like fucking carroll who play half season on Premier League , even me I can have one good match in PL if i have chances but others will be shit as hell

we can buy Mata he want to join us and why the hell kenny dont did ? we need one Higuain/Tevez striker

or even Inzaghi/Del Piero should be better than Carroll at the last they are always in GOOD posision and know how to score a goal

what a fail what a fail

will outpace us.

I'm not sure about Chelsea. They seem in a real tail spin at the moment. Which I genuinely have to put down to the manager, because that squad is still immense, even with its problems. I could see them finishing 5th this year.

Arsenal are looking good for the second half of the season, plus they have Wilshere to come back who should make a difference. I expect Arsenal to be in the top 4.

And then there's Tottenham...

It might stay close for most of the season, atleast for the final 4th spot. Both Chelsea and Liverpool seem stuck in a rut, Chelsea's demise has been predicted for a few seasons now and looks to finally be catching up, with the help of Andre. Liverpool, well they should be fighting for 3rd, but they just can't finish teams off which at some point isn't luck but just poor finishing (I think the point has aready been passed tbh). And then you have Arsenal, who if RvP doesn't do it there doesn't seem to be anyone else to step up. And with their and RvP's injuryrecord, and not to forget their recent good form they don't look likely to maintain it either. They are coming off a really good run atm and yet are still only a couple of points ahead of Liverpool who have dropped a lot of points lately.

Spurs I think will be solid for 3rd this year, they have the experience and dissapointment and have a squad that is easily strong enough to maintain domestic results and are out of Europe I think (Can't be bothered to watch EL). CL + EPL was a bit too tough on them last season, but they have gotten stronger and have less to play this season.

Could be a very interesting fight for 4th this year. Not sure who is favorite, if Liverpool decide to buy striker (that can score...) they might just edge it, but if Torres starts getting inform with Drogba off to Africa they could edge it, or if RvP actually manages to stay fit for a whole season Arsenal could get it.

Last edited:

we are 3 points behind 4 th place, still not impossible to get to CL..we just need to win games we should win..

we are 3 points behind 4 th place, still not impossible to get to CL..we just need to win games we should win..

Not with our current home record....
we have far too many average players.

To think that Suarez will be out for minimum 8 games
...and we have Carroll as his backup....playing more of a long-ball game
and that somehow things will change is very optimistic thinking.

I can't see how Arsenal, Spurs and/or Chelsea will all make room
for us....unless they suffer catastrophic injuries to their front-men
and midfield.

1 Man Utd
2 Man City
3 Arsenal
4 Spurs
5 Chelsea
6 Liverpool

Me thinks...

Which is not an improvement over last season where Dalglish
had to correct Hodgson's slide....
and finished 6th at 58 pts.
(A credible achievement.)

In 09-10 in Rafa's last season we finished 7th at 63 pts.
(which was disappointing given Rafa's length of stay...
but he had to fight with terrible owners..and Purslow who constantly undermined him
.and Rafa also made his share of mistakes..
but he still managed to make LFC an established CL team in the top 4)

So this season given that Dalglish started from scratch with
his own signings (big-money...) ...with supportive owners
we SHOULD finish in the top 4......
John Henry said...it would be a disappointment not to.

This season we are on-course for 6th or 7th...the way things are going.
let's not ignore Newcastle who actually have a goalscorer in Demba Ba.
Something we don't have......

So with Rafa gone,...and Dalglish back...I don't see too much improvement
apart from better owners who are willing to back their manager...
and more attacking play in some cases...but in my view without a clear
tactical plan.....something which Rafa had....and in my view a better
eye for players.
Unfortunately we have spent way too much money on average talent....

Last edited:

Not with our current home record....
we have far too many average players.

To think that Suarez will be out for minimum 8 games
...and we have Carroll as his backup....playing more of a long-ball game
and that somehow things will change is very optimistic thinking.

I can't see how Arsenal, Spurs and/or Chelsea will all make room
for us....unless they suffer catastrophic injuries to their front-men
and midfield.

I don´t think we won´t buy any top player in January.. i think it´s neccessary to buy a CF - finisher just in case Carroll continue´s missing..

i think it´s neccessary to buy a CF - finisher just in case Carroll continue´s missing..

Speed_bag.gif

FA being their usual consistent self then. Good one.

They've got time to sort out the latest Suarez ban, why haven't they provided the documents explaining the racism decision?

Full of shit and utterly disgusting organisation.

Will Wolves get a fine for not controlling their players yesterday?

Last edited by a moderator:

Whilst at Utd Ronaldo received a one match ban for a one fingerd gesture.
Chelsea have just been fined £20,000 for failure to control their players.

FA being their usual consistent self.

What about Meireles's finger playing for us against Arsenal? And there's the photos showing Rooney, Cole and Gary Neville all giving the finger and no punishment.

https://twitter.com/stu_89/status/152013827041538048

No complaints about the ban, that's justified. But treat all players who perform the same action with the same punishment, surely.

Last edited by a moderator:

To be fair there shouldn't be any ban at all really for any reaction to fan abuse, it's a bit of a joke to be honest, the crowd will subject players to some shocking and downright disgusting abuse but then claim to be upset and shocked if an opposition player gives them the finger or tells them to fook off.

To be fair there shouldn't be any ban at all really for any reaction to fan abuse, it's a bit of a joke to be honest, the crowd will subject players to some shocking and downright disgusting abuse but then claim to be upset and shocked if an opposition player gives them the finger or tells them to fook off.

Stewards should kick people out for some of the abuse they think it's okay to give to players. But I do think there should be a match ban to discourage players from doing it.

Suarez deserves the ban.....don't fans abuse players in Holland or
in South America ?
I'm sure it's not the first time he's being targeted.

no no no fellas, in urguay giving the middle finger means, "HEY LETS BE FRIENDS!!!" you guys got it all wrong

no no no fellas, in urguay giving the middle finger means, "HEY LETS BE FRIENDS!!!" you guys got it all wrong

:LMAO:

we all know Suarez its one angel and in start someone should learn him a bit of respect to him

this ban for middle finger he merit as well

That doesn't even look like the middle finger, anyway i don't really see point of dragging all this out, the outcome is what it is and just matter of waiting, to keep going for somewhat weeks now is beyond pointless, have the best defence in the league is a plus but the goals/grinding out results seems to be real problem, i haven't rated carroll everytime i've seen him play for pool, which partly is to do with the system they play doesn't suit him and also not having proper run in the team i think. hopefully with suarez missing he get's his time in team going and hopefully see the same carroll that was causing defences problems with newcastle

i know people will say need to buy a st/cf but then what was the purpose of buying carroll if just going to spend more and push him futher behind pecking order, i think liverpool really only need to sign a holding midfielder, due to loss of lucas, they don't have anyone in the team that can play that role well

That doesn't even look like the middle finger

to me it looks but I dont care i just hope from NOW rules will be the same for all whats happen before its gonne !

374792_316232781744078_156601714373853_1062626_36325811_n.jpg

drogba-finger.jpg

Back
Top Bottom