Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

I would try Torres at Arsenal for around 15mill :)) 20million is a bit too much based on the last couple of years I think.

I can imagine him really shining at Arsenal, the style of play would suit him perfectly.

Tiktiktik (you really should try another nick): good points about Benitez and Torres. I never thought about that. But that could be the difference...

Maybe Torres needs his own coach (i know in Holland guys like Kluivert are coaching one or two specific forward). I don't know if English clubs work this way.

Misfit: you are far too harsh on Pipa...don't use my post in a personal vendetta please...
Thinking that Hazard is not good enough to play for a club like Liverpool is not that illogical as one might think. Hazard is brilliant for Lille, but in our national team both Mertens and Chadli are better in his position...so it remains to be seen that Hazard is good enough for the EPL. As much as i like Hazard (and that is much), he still has to prove himslef on the highest level. It is possible that Hazard (when looking back on his carreer) has to admit that he had his best years with Lille. Look at Djibril Cisse who was outstanding in France, but never was an absolute top player...It is well possible that Carroll is more suited for English football than Hazard and has a better carreer (it would break my heart, but it is possible).

Last edited:

Gerd i don´t have time to react to your post as i would like but, i prefeur Carroll over Torres..i realy honestly do.. call me crazy or stupid, i don´t care..

I prefeur to give time to Carroll than to get Torres back at all cost´s, it´s not as if Torres ended his spell here with our blessings and moved to Chelsea in all fans happynes, it´s the oposite, the board had to be pissed off, the fans were definetly pissed off and the players were not happy as well i guess... why to break confidence for our replacement, if he´s not worse than Torres in his stats..remember Torres had much more chance to prove his worth than Carroll..

i simply don´t want him back at our club..

Well what that article teaches me that Reina wanted out too...it was a mere coïncidence that Torres left and Reina not...
Reina is loved and Torres hated...

Nice headline........not once was that mentioned in the interview and it gives a wrong impression. The balance was restored (in Reina's opinion) with the new owners, manager and signings. Nothing to do with Torres.

I'm baffled by this post. How can anyone prefer Caroll to Torres, matter of fact how can anyone prefer Caroll to any other player? He's by far the worst CF i've ever seen...
That is what happens when you dont have your own opinion. Daglish could send packing tomorrow the whole squad and bring his old friends in, and Pipa would be here saying how it was the right thing to do.

Guys, Reina didn´t handed the transfer request two day´s in to the end of transfer window.

New coach and new owners were here when Torres left. Both wanted to convince him to stay, unsuccessfully.

Torres wasn´t the only player pissed off from our situation with Hodgson, but he was the only who didn´t belived the new project and didn´t wanted to stay longer, in fact, he wasn´t performing for us 100% for about half season before he moved out..even more...he was the shadow of himself and only performed against Chelsea and few goals he scored against other teams.. but he was a shadow of his former self..

EDIT: not to mention we already bought Suarez to show him we are after world talent´s with new owners and to partner him in attack. Yet he handed the transfer request maybe few hours in to the arrival of Luis to Melwood i belive..wich totally spoiled Luis arrival.

Last edited:

I'm sure Torres realizes now that he made a mistake.
He's not even guaranteed a place in the Chelsea lineup
as long as Drogba is on form.

But Torres said that there are somethings not revealed
about his departure from LFC...that the club may not have told us..

Maybe we don't know the full story...

So I would not paint him as the traitor or enemy he is made out to
be....
he is certainly much better than Tevez...

He is still a great player....low on confidence...
but he has proven for LFC that he was one of the best..

I am sure a lot of players at LFC would welcome him back...

At this point, I would take him back and play him with Suarez
and Maxi/Bellamy up front in a front-3....it would be terrific.

But chances are low....I would think he would be shipped off
back to Spain...maybe back to Atletico ?....he always said he
wanted to go back there.

Someone on one of the football sites made the point that he's only ever scored 20 goals in the league once in his career (the ridiculous 33 goal season) and that he's only really had 2 'great' years since leaving Spain.

I was genuinely terrified of his transfer to Chelsea as I thought it was what he needed to spark his flailing career - but he hasn't been 'on form' for more than 2 years now. That's a reasonably long time in a footballers career - especially one who relies a lot on pace.

I'm not saying he's not better than Carroll - obviously he is - but I don't think we'll ever see the Torres of 4 seasons ago again.

Similar career trajectory to Owen perhaps. Or Fowler. Peak super early.

whatever guys, but i think that it´s just a speculation.. i think he won´t go anywhere in near future.. not becouse Chelsea want to get rid of him, but becouse of his lack of form..whatever he did in past, it´s not the same Torres of 2008.. as much as people want him to be..

Maybe he wont, who knows. I was afraid when he went to Chelsea as well, I thought he might snap out of it and start scoring loads again, and then he didn't score at all, for a very long time.

One thing i was thinking is possible in future is Atletico swaping Falcao for Torres and money.. I can see Torres moving back to Spain at some point in his career and maybe AVB wanting his Porto striker at Chelsea..but.. it´s just speculation i was thinking about..

One thing i was thinking is possible in future is Atletico swaping Falcao for Torres and money.. I can see Torres moving back to Spain at some point in his career and maybe AVB wanting his Porto striker at Chelsea..but.. it´s just speculation i was thinking about..

Yeah that seems a good chance....

But I never understood why Falcao went from Porto to Atletico....
was a step down....
Porto are always in the CL....just won the Europa...
Of course La Liga is more glamorous compared to Portuguese league..
plus there's always the chance he could do well and go to Real Madrid.

Torres will end up at Atletico.....they're probably the only
club he would be welcome....without the pressure....and hatred.

Actually Torres mentioned that it was Rafa Benitez who got the best
out of him......even at Atletico, Torres was not very prolific....
but Rafa saw how to get the best out of him....

Who knows one day they may be re-united in Spain ?
Or at Liverpool :-)

Despite Marriner’s intervention, Evra remained furious. When he caught Kuyt two minutes later, Evra responded to Marriner’s caution by allegedly claiming: “You’re only booking me because I’m black.’’

What the fuck? Seriously?

50494_39850534620_2610_n.jpg

If what Evra said is true, is Evra going to haul in Marriner for being racist too?

Interesting stat that I've just noticed:

Charlie Adam has made 7 assists, second only to David Silva for creating goals in the Barclays Premier League this season. #LFC

I have a feeling that Downing, Adam and Henderson will turn out to be splendid players despite the obvious lack of patience some here have had with them.

Falcao is mentioned in this thread: that would be an ideal CF for Liverpool.

I agree, Gerd. Those players will only get better with time.

i have big expectations especially for Henderson

From what i seen so far, he is realy gifted player, he has the skills but also the brain..

not many players in his age are like him..

he is better each game

I've already said that Henderson is a very big talent...he will be better than Gerrard and maybe even Lampard (yes, i prefer Lampard largely to Gerrard).

I've already said that Henderson is a very big talent...he will be better than Gerrard and maybe even Lampard (yes, i prefer Lampard largely to Gerrard).

I think U dont prefere Lampard over Gerrard but u hate Gerrard & Liverpool so u dont talk about quality over here ;)

i don´t think Gerd hates Liverpool just becouse he thinks Lampard is better, Lampard is way more consistent undoubtly, but he peaked later than Gerrard i guess..

Everyone has his right to his own opinion i belive..

Gerrard had his breaktrough at very young age and his major season was in his 18 (?) he reached his maximum in the CL winning season and the almost league winning one where he was without doubt one of the top players in world.. but today it´s just memories..i wish he returns half the player he was then... he is working on his fitness, but fans have to be prepeared and even more so, the club has to be prepeared for the fact that his return might not be so succesfull as everyone hope it to be...

I have to admit, Falcao + Suarez would be DREAMY!

One creating chance after chance with his deadly combination of sublime skill, great pace, balance and effective cheating/cunning methods while the other finishes them off one after another and is also a major aerial threat! It would cause havoc in the heart of ANY defence!

No point talking about it though, I don't see it happening anyway. Not for some time anyhow so I gotta stop dreaming...

Adam and Enrique have been the most impressive Liverpool signings...
Both cost lower than Downing/Henderson/Carroll

Adam has clear contribution to the team in goals and assists.

Downing probably needs a goal or assist soon to get his confidence
going...but he has been a disappointment...especially seeing
has kept Maxi out of the team...who actually scores goals
and improves our one-touch passing..
Both Maxi and Bellamy should be ahead of Downing IMO...

Henderson has the signs of a great player.....hopefully
he will blossom at Liverpool.

If we can just get another good striker.....we would really
be much more closer to the top...

I think U dont prefere Lampard over Gerrard but u hate Gerrard & Liverpool so u dont talk about quality over here ;)

Are you kidding?
I also seem to hate Man Utd, Arsenal and lots of other teams.
There is only one team i really, really don't like and that i want to loose every single match with more than 5-0, and that is Lecce.... :COOL:

I know it's a stupid joke, but i think it's better to reply with a joke than take post like yours very serious Valon...

Back
Top Bottom