Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

Isn't Pipa a mod on this forum?
If he is, that is another proof of the fact that pipa is an extremely nice guy...
The guy should get banned for what he has posted in this thread the last week...if ever there is a WUM...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/dec/08/kenny-dalglish-liverpool-video-unfair-treatment

This is a great idea. Every game, a team should make a clip of the poor refereeing decisions, and then air then before the next game.

Pioneering Kenny, really hitting the Respect campaign on the head.

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, I'm guessing that you are?

I think it's a good move from Kenny. The FA can't expect to just charge whoever they want and let others off for exactly the same thing. So if managers did point out the various other examples of similar instances being unpunished, maybe it'll kick the FA into actually becoming more consistent.

How are the FA going to justify charging Suarez and then explain why he's being charged and they're given proof of others not being charged? I'd love to be a fly on the wall when that's going on.

In any case, it's always better to come up with hard evidence to give to the FA rather than going to the press and just claiming you're being treates "like shit".

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, I'm guessing that you are?

I think it's a good move from Kenny. The FA can't expect to just charge whoever they want and let others off for exactly the same thing. So if managers did point out the various other examples of similar instances being unpunished, maybe it'll kick the FA into actually becoming more consistent.

How are the FA going to justify charging Suarez and then explain why he's being charged and they're given proof of others not being charged? I'd love to be a fly on the wall when that's going on.

In any case, it's always better to come up with hard evidence to give to the FA rather than going to the press and just claiming you're being treates "like shit".

I agree Dags, do you remember this debacle

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8236689.stm

Players diving around all of the time and Eduardo for some reason was supposed to get a two match ban :LOL: thankfully it was overturned because common sense prevailed.

The footballing bodies need to have rules they stick by, that can't just make rules on a case by case basis, it just isn't fair.

If you want to ban diving, give all divers a ban, if you want to ban offensive hand gestures, then do the same punishment for all players. Otherwise it is just a farce.

These organisations need to be held accountable and the more people point out how unfair and ridiculous their dicisions are the better.

Excellent example, Bobby. Imagine if the 2-game bad had stood!

I certainly hope Dalglish can make his point and that the FA-people will think about what he said. This could be very important for football.
I hardly criticize refs, refereeing is so difficult. But you know what is exasperating, the Fa does not help it's referees...they should have the courage to give punishments for things that aren't seen and above all (and that is the point Dalglish wants to make) football needs as much consistency as possible.

I hope Dalglish can pull this off...

Unfortunately it'll take more than Dalglish and some video clips, it needs all of the Premier League managers to make points and bring up evidence when the FA try more ridiculous decisions.

If they all had a go back at the FA, with evidence to back up their points, hopefully the FA would have no choice but to change,.

The thing is though, how many teams would benifit from consistency and how many prefer it the way it is. Tbh I think the majority of teams (probably moreso the bigger ones) actually get away with more than what they get done for so accept the status-quo.

Overall it's a good thing to make the "sport" more fair, not sure if the likes of Ferguson, (Mourinho if he was still here) and ironically Pulis (who has come out and backed Dalglish) would benefit from it though....and probably Liverpool aswell.

Ofcourse nobody will look much further than the usual guff and moan about a manager just trying to get the best for his own team and have a go at him for it.

Steve G its back when he'll be playing tho ?

381000_304557102911646_156601714373853_1027980_1486346434_n.jpg

also I read rumors that Liverpool is going to make an ofert for Xherdan Shaqiri not sure how true are this I read them on one of most iportant sport web in Kosovo , anyone know anything about this ?

EDIT : i just found this article !

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/footba...-manchester-united-should-battle-for-shaqiri/

Last edited:

The thing is though, how many teams would benifit from consistency and how many prefer it the way it is. Tbh I think the majority of teams (probably moreso the bigger ones) actually get away with more than what they get done for so accept the status-quo.

Overall it's a good thing to make the "sport" more fair, not sure if the likes of Ferguson, (Mourinho if he was still here) and ironically Pulis (who has come out and backed Dalglish) would benefit from it though....and probably Liverpool aswell.

Ofcourse nobody will look much further than the usual guff and moan about a manager just trying to get the best for his own team and have a go at him for it.

If you look at that table where people adjust results for wrong decisions (can't remember what it's called?) then United would have won the league 2 years ago, won by more last season adn would be 1 point behind City this year.

So please, keep 'Ferguson' out of this one. It never makes press, but we've gotten consistently shafted by officials since the Carrick penalty at Tottenham a few seasons ago.

Our DVD would be plenty long too.

Isn't Pipa a mod on this forum?
If he is, that is another proof of the fact that pipa is an extremely nice guy...
The guy should get banned for what he has posted in this thread the last week...if ever there is a WUM...

I am mod, but i don´t wan´t to ban him becouse i still am not sure what his point is making this nowhere leading posts.. they are suposed to provocate, but they made me feel sad for him.. i support the club and i don´t hate any other club.. unlike he is hating us? i´m not sure why he tries to provocate grown people, we are mostly not 15 anymore..at least i think we aren´t so..this kind of post´s realy have no effect, they are just silly to me

oh well, he is banned already..

-------------
about the game tomorow, i can´t wait now, seeing Gerrard back in training.. wonder if Jonjo will play as well..

Last edited:

Shelvey did really well when Kenny took over, he got a good number of games and performed much better than I expected.

I'm also really looking forward to the game. We might not be winning every game but our style of play is much better to watch than it has been for a long time so there's that bit more excitement about games nowadays.

Liverpool confirmed this afternoon that Lucas had successfully undergone surgery in Brazil on the Anterior Cruciate Ligament injury he sustained at Chelsea last week.

LFC medical staff were present during the procedure.

Lucas will now begin an agreed rehabilitation programme which will be overseen by the Club's medical team.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/lucas-operation-a-success

I know im boring with this but cmon guys I dream to have an Albanian on LFC :D + i think hes also good player

Liverpool are ready to make an offer for FC Basel star Xherdan Shaqiri after watching the winger put in a man of the match display against Manchester United.

The Reds have been linked with the midfielder for some time after first becoming aware of the players talent when he scored a blistering goal against England in a qualifier earlier this year.

The 20-year-old has continued to impress in the Champions League for Basel this term and on Wednesday night provided both assists as the Swiss side knocked United out of the Europe's premier competition.

Basel realise that they will struggle to keep hold of the winger and are prepared for a number of bids when the January transfer window opens.

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is keen to strengthen his attacking options after watching his side waste a number of opportunities this season.

Shaqiri also fits in with the clubs transfer policy of signing the best young players available who have the ability to stay at Anfield for a number of years.

It is thought that Liverpool are ready to make a £15million bid for the Switzerland international, however, that figure could soon rise as there will be plenty of competition for the players signature.

Chelsea, Manchester City and Barcelona have also been linked with the promising young winger but Liverpool hope to convince him to choose Merseyside by offering regular first team football.

Liverpool are short of options for players in wide areas with Dirk Kuyt and Jordan Henderson often being asked to play on the wing, while Stewart Downing is the only natural left-footed winger.

If you look at that table where people adjust results for wrong decisions (can't remember what it's called?) then United would have won the league 2 years ago, won by more last season adn would be 1 point behind City this year.

So please, keep 'Ferguson' out of this one. It never makes press, but we've gotten consistently shafted by officials since the Carrick penalty at Tottenham a few seasons ago.

Our DVD would be plenty long too.

So instead of talking about the point I was making (which is whether bigger teams would actually benifit from consistant decisions), which included Liverpool being worse off if it was done.....it's a Ferguson defense.

Your quite a hypocrite Ryan if you have a sarcastic dig at Kenny moaning about poor decisions and respect, yet defend Ferguson when he is always trying to get an edge from pre-match comments about referee's.

I think this is the site you mean; http://www.rightresult.net/. However it's not working for me atm. Found another one; http://www.thesportscaster.net/news.htm#785857657

Last edited:

Pleased with our performance today. It was obvious that we'd finish like we did though. For as long as I can remember, we kinda shit ourselves when we go 1-0 up instead of finishing the game off and we'll just sit back and punt the ball away. That needs to be sorted out.

Impressed with Henderson again, his range of passing is pretty impressive.

It is said in south america that Gio Moreno is wanted for Liverpool, here a video of him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jteBmIOZB8
He is an excellent player. Last year he was amazing, this year however he suffered i serious injury and came back from it this Apertura. He has been good, not as good as last year though. He is very talented and has plenty of creativity and vision, I have my doubts if he would cope with Premier League game as he is a bit slow.

So instead of talking about the point I was making (which is whether bigger teams would actually benifit from consistant decisions), which included Liverpool being worse off if it was done.....it's a Ferguson defense.

Your quite a hypocrite Ryan if you have a sarcastic dig at Kenny moaning about poor decisions and respect, yet defend Ferguson when he is always trying to get an edge from pre-match comments about referee's.

I think this is the site you mean; http://www.rightresult.net/. However it's not working for me atm. Found another one; http://www.thesportscaster.net/news.htm#785857657

Please, I never defend Ferguson unless he's been misquoted by the press. I don't like seeing managers putting all of the blame on the referees. I've said countless times how much I wish Ferguson would show the kind of behaviour that someone in his position should, rather than being snipey and rude.

I think having Kenny put together a DVD of bad decisions for his team is absolutely ludicrous. There isn't a team in the world that couldn't do the same thing. It's like when F365 wrote a 'top ten list of pro-United Howard Webb calls' - and of course provided no balance of the top 10 bad calls he made against United.

In the same way as Kenny could make a DVD of 10 times Suarez has been fouled and not had it called, he could make a DVD of 10 times Suarez has gone down and not been fouled.

This is just a ridiculous road to go down, and reaks of desperation rather than some desire of truth.

Kenny doesn't want better referees, he wants them to be better to his team. He'll show the times when a 'Pool goal is ruled offside incorrectly, but not when his high line is saved by an incorrect call.

Kenny should stick to doing his job, and let referees do the same.

good win , but im not happy with way we play after 1-0

in the last of match easy can be 1-1 so i dont understand why we dont atack more when we are just 1-0 , but we back and save result seems like little team

too many corners shame we done have HYPIA to score any goal from all those coreners :)

btw whats record on EPL for corners anyone know ? coz i dont remember any team did so many corners like we did yesterday !

Please, I never defend Ferguson unless he's been misquoted by the press. I don't like seeing managers putting all of the blame on the referees. I've said countless times how much I wish Ferguson would show the kind of behaviour that someone in his position should, rather than being snipey and rude.

I think having Kenny put together a DVD of bad decisions for his team is absolutely ludicrous. There isn't a team in the world that couldn't do the same thing. It's like when F365 wrote a 'top ten list of pro-United Howard Webb calls' - and of course provided no balance of the top 10 bad calls he made against United.

In the same way as Kenny could make a DVD of 10 times Suarez has been fouled and not had it called, he could make a DVD of 10 times Suarez has gone down and not been fouled.

This is just a ridiculous road to go down, and reaks of desperation rather than some desire of truth.

Kenny doesn't want better referees, he wants them to be better to his team. He'll show the times when a 'Pool goal is ruled offside incorrectly, but not when his high line is saved by an incorrect call.

Kenny should stick to doing his job, and let referees do the same.

Tbh I completely disagree with the get on with the job, respect referees stuff. Apologies for having a go, but I don't visit the Utd thread so all I see are posts having a go at Dalglish....with all the other sh!t getting posted by other Utd fans.

Anyway, referees are consistantly making poor decisions for everyone. It's unacceptable and should be sorted. And with the short term thinking of everyone involved (including Dalglish) nothing happens unless more managers go out and do stuff like a dvd. You may be viewing this as a single manger only trying to get whatever advantage for his team, which he very likely is doing. However I think he shouldn't be attacked for doing something every manager SHOULD be doing imo.

People seem to lose sight of the fact that both players/managers/referees are professionals and should be held accountable for it. Players and managers are with the ridiculous fines/bans handed out. Respect doesn't mean giving them carte blanch to f@#k up every weekend and not being able to say anything about it.

I would want a review after every game showing how shit ref X has been...again and highlighting that something needs to be done. It seems about a 3rd of games every weekend are now being ruined by poor decisions. We all know the FA won't do anything out of their own so whether you agree with the path Dalglish is taking is another matter, but someone seriously doing something about it should atleast be applauded.

Last edited:

btw whats record on EPL for corners anyone know ? coz i dont remember any team did so many corners like we did yesterday !

I don't know about the record, but we were given 17 Corner Kicks yesterday, I doubt this is a record-breaking number though, but I believe we are among the top 10 :P

Wow that might be a record. ok probably not but at least in top 3? I can't see too many teams having more CK than that in one match!
-------------

Good points tik. That's true too. While Dalglish is doing this I believe as Ryan said not because he wants better refereeing period but better decisions for HIS team (The same way Fergie moans and AVB thinks media and refs are set against Chelsea lol, everybody just whines and thinks they're victims), it is true that if EVERY team after EVERY match (or better yet not teams but independent group) made a DVD of ALL refereeing mistakes both for and against each team then there would be a lot more pressure on referees and FA to do something about it because you're right, seems these days EVERY week we have one match ruled by controversy and bad refereeing decisions. It's the toughest job in the world I think but like any other ones, you have to be taken accountable! Just like the players, just like the managers who get fired if they don't do well and just like the fans who all have regular jobs. The whole 'respect' campaign is both good and bad, I agree.

Agree with PLF. That's exactly my point. And apologies, if you'd rather I took this discussion somewhere else that's fine. I only brought it up here because it was Daglish that did it.

The only way to 'fix' refereeing is to have video replays. There is no way that a human can get all of the tiny decisions right without help. As long as there is no video replay (and as long as the current footballing authorities are in power, it never will be) then referees will always make mistakes.

But as you just said, they're just another professional on the pitch. In the same way a striker can miss an open goal, referees make bad calls.

The pace of the game has increased, the 'sneakiness' of the game has increased and the attitude of players has changed to 'tricking' the ref being just as good as winning another way. And despite all that, referees tend to get most decisions right.

It's the hardest job in football, yet it pays the least and the best possible result you can hope for is not to be mentioned afterwards. So yes, I have a problem with the idea that managers - who let's not forget f*ck up all the time - want to put together DVDs of refereeing mistakes. If I were Mike Dean (head of the refs union right?) I'd send a DVD right back with stupid substitions, tactical mistakes and other poor things the manager did.

But those managerial decisions like subs don't have any impact on the ref. Stupid ref decisions will cost teams millions of pounds, a poor sub isn't going to affect a ref at all.

I wonder how Spurs fans feel about refs after their game today.

I'm a Spurs fan and i know these things happen. Over the course of a season those mishappenings sort of even themselves out...Concerning the match: Spurs have to blame themselves...blaming the ref is deluding yourself. They were already 2-0 down when the debatable decisions happened...All credit to Stoke. Well done.
I partly agree with beachryan: when a CF misses chance after chance, when a manager does not have the right tactics, this also affects clubs. I think Liverpool lost more points with Carroll's misses than with bad referee decisions...

On the other hand, i think actions like that of Dalglish are good. I never complain about refs but about the (re)actions of the FA. There is some sort of class justice in football. If Rooney was a player of Ireland, his ban would certainly not have been reduced. If Henry made his infamous handball against England-Spain-Brazil-Germany then FIFA would have reacted otherwise.

It would have been better if that DVD of Dalglish only consisted of images from matches without Liverpool...but that is asked too much. Dalglish would have more impact doing that.

Nevertheless, like i already said in this thread: i hope his action can change something for football, not necessarily (only) for Liverpool.

Last edited:

You two seem to be missing a very big point when comparing strikers/managers messing up and referee's messing up and the outcome of the game;

The sport is based on players and managers being better/worse than the opposition and that determining games. It's the essence of (the) sport. Are you really trying to say that whether a ref screws up or not is part of the essence of the sport and that he should/could be a determining factor in who wins?!

They are there to keep the sport as fair as possible...not play a huge role in who wins! Which whenever they do make a big mistake is often the case. Obviously it's the FA that should be in the firingline, but we all know they will do a little as possible so the ref's are the next best thing, which is unfair but a good/easy target.

@ Gerd,
I only read the headlines so didn't see the match, but being 2-1 down and having a ball blocked on the line by a handball is a very big decision to not go in your favour. For instance Liverpool wouldn't have won the CL because the ref did....or in real life didn't, see the Gerrard dive. How can it be acceptable that a club wins the biggest prize in football because a ref did/didn't make the correct decision?!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom