Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

Oh look, Misfit has suddenly appeared again, I wonder why...

Funny how he doesnt post after beating Man City or Chelsea to show his support for the manager or team. A model supporter right there, only opening his mouth to complain when we get beat. Kids, take note. That's what we want our fans to be like.

Bloody hell.

Anyway, looking at the various images and clips, I think the red card is a bit more justifiable but still harsh. Spearing got the ball clearly, his momentum carried him through and I've seen far worse tackles not get punished (Scholes comes to mind as a regular offender). There going to be a day when referees will sent players off if they're moving at more than a certain speed and then making a slide tackle. Gradually all of the contact is being whittled out of the game and punished.

Zeem, isn't the decision supposed to favour the attacker if there's any doubt? Unless the linesman was sure Suarez was offside, the attacker is supposed to get the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Funny how he doesnt post after beating Man City or Chelsea to show his support for the manager or team. A model supporter right there, only opening his mouth to complain when we get beat. Kids, take note. That's what we want our fans to be like.

Bloody hell.

Anyway, looking at the various images and clips, I think the red card is a bit more justifiable but still harsh. Spearing got the ball clearly, his momentum carried him through and I've seen far worse tackles not get punished (Scholes comes to mind as a regular offender). There going to be a day when referees will sent players off if they're moving at more than a certain speed and then making a slide tackle. Gradually all of the contact is being whittled out of the game and punished.

Zeem, isn't the decision supposed to favour the attacker if there's any doubt? Unless the linesman was sure Suarez was offside, the attacker is supposed to get the benefit of the doubt.

Is he off your ignore list Dags? :)

Decisions always favours the defenders these days.

He's still on it, but it still shows him having made posts. Why no posts after we win games though? 11 games unbeaten we were before last night, don't remember seeing his posts much during that time?

Liverbird will pop up now to agree with Misfit and hurl abuse at Carroll...

Yup. That's definetly true. I would have called the goal and it was a beauty but we can't tell what was on the refs mind. Could have gone either way.

Anyway, I thought you were the better side before the send off and could have finished earlier. Carroll had a very good chance to score.

I'll ask again as you have never answered me. You might have said in the past but I'm not trawling through the thread. Who do you want in charge instead then?

If things weren't going perfectly with them in charge would you whine then?

I'm not blinkered but he's in charge so I'll support him. I bet somebody like you would have hounded SAF out if you were a United fan in the past.

This Dalglish witch hunt is very tedious to say the least. Every post I read of yours has a dig at the manager. You've made your point. You want him gone. Do you have to go on about it after a result doesn't go the way you want? It's boring now.

Some funny decisions last night and sometimes things just don't go for you. I feel as though The Pool are like me on FIFA. I outplay my opponents in virtually every single game I play but don't always get the result. That's footy though. Frustrating as it is, there are two teams on the pitch and no team has the right to just have the points given to them. A mistake by a top keeper cost us last night and some great saves denied us. Do you whine about it or move on to the next game? Results don't always go our way but the team is better to watch now than it has been over the last few years. The reward will come sooner rather than later imo.

again,the blinkered,daglish cult uber fans are blaming everything else but him on a defeat.maybe the refree was the one who bought us a donkey.and played a overpriced,over hyped "English most talented" over a reliable dutch who scores us goals over the years or an argie whos been pretty scoring every time he's played for dalglish.not a red?youre havin a laugh!

Jay-Spearing-Sent-Off-Liverpool-Premier-Leagu_2687324.jpg

With 23 points after 14 games we would have been only 5 points behind the Premiership leader (Chelsea) last year.

Interesting way of looking at it.

Also:

11 - Liverpool have now hit the woodwork 11 times in the Premier League this season; more than any other side. Denied.

7.7% - Of all players to have scored three or more PL goals this season, Luis Suárez has the lowest shot conversion rate (7.7%). Wayward.

We've been very unlucky, as well as coming up against goalkeepers thinking they should be in PES with some superhuman saves but we're also not creating and scoring the chances that we should be.

The problem is, as has been said, we need a striker to finish chances off but where does that leave Carroll? Kuyt has done a good job in the past as a striker for us and is a good finisher, maybe he should get a chance instead of being on the right wing? Or put Bellamy up top instead of on the wing, so he's hanging off the defenders shoulder?

We have some options but we need a Robbie Fowler or Michael Owen really. Someone who wants to get into the 6-yard box and has the ability to find that bit of space for himself. Carroll is a different striker to that and offers something different, and not what we're after right now.

We just cannot afford to keep playing Carroll.

it was a mistake signing him......even Emile Heskey was a more
effective player....

Why on earth did we have to spend the 35m in January....it's not like
Carroll made a huge difference to the 2nd half of last season..
he was injured ...so why the hurry....
we also had David Ngog who was scoring goals...as a backup with Kuyt..
We should have taken the money from Chelsea for Torres....
and waited till the summer...and gone for a more technical player.

Dalglish is not the type of manager who is going to cut his losses...
he will keep giving Carroll all the time....but the fact is that he
is not suited to the rest of the team....
but the fact that Carroll is on the bench most of the time...means that Dalglish
already acknowledges that it was a mistake...

Rafa sold Robbie Keane in 6 months when he realized it was not working....
well atleast Keane was a better player...he was more effective than Carroll...

But can't see that happening to Carroll...due to our new policy of paying for young players..
So he will stay here....till the team adapts...or will be loaned out.

Maxi should have started on the left, Bellamy on the right...
Suarez up in the middle....Adam and Spearing patrolling the middle
and Henderson just off Suarez...

Forget about top 4.....it's not going to happen.
The best hope we have is Carling Cup....but first we have to beat City
over 2 legs....which is going to be very difficult.

I doubt Heskey would be effective for us long term though, but i get what you mean

Carroll at that time was wanted by City, Tottenham and Chelsea, and he honestly looked like a monster in Newcastle with just 21 years..

Keane was never Rafa´s buy imho..

I doubt we will loan Carroll, his selfconfidence is on point zero atm, i think it´s all in the head and he´s wearing 35 m. on his shoulders..LFC made him wear it and except him to be second Torres or better..

about top 4, it´s all about winning i know but we realy don´t play that bad not to eventually fight for the top 4, we just have bad luck, as yesterday - Carroll hitting the GK from Suarez pass, Carroll hitting the left bar, Henderson hiting the bar, Downing hiting the bar etc.. we have a lot of bar hiting atm , anyway...if we continue as we played we won´t be that bad..and have a slight chance, but we need to take full points, otherwise this is just useless.

City will be difficult, but not impossible..

btw, the more i look the more i realise that Spearing foul was not intentional, the ref didn´t saw the boy was after the ball?

Last edited:

Dalglish is not the type of manager who is going to cut his losses...
he will keep giving Carroll all the time....but the fact is that he
is not suited to the rest of the team....
but the fact that Carroll is on the bench most of the time...means that Dalglish
already acknowledges that it was a mistake...

The decision to acquire Carroll (pretty much at any cost) was made by Henry.

He had recent acquired Liverpool for 200m. The last thing he wanted was to be seen as someone who sold the best player at the club and pocketed the money. So he only agreed to sell Torres on the basis that a replacement was bought. In some respects he didnt care about the cost on the basis that the principle that the shareholder would reinvest the proceeds of sales was very important to FSG in the light of H+G. To some extent, the excess value he derived from the Torres sale was spent in terms of cementing the acquisition. By that I mean if FSG had spent 230m on the acquisition rather 200m and never bought Carroll, nobody would be in the slightest bit concerned. His price tag is purely a reflection of the fact he was a victim of circumstance.

Another point, if Bellamy had gone down holding his face when Dempsey was all up in his face, then Dempsey would've been sent off. Refs aren't making things easier for themselves by encouraging players to overact to get decisions, but when they make more of a situation than they need to (Suaraz) then they risk being accused of diving etc.

Just a huge lack of consistency with refereeing.

yeah Bellamy´s yellow for just smiling and looking at furious Dempsey nailed it as well..

Jordan Henderson was the best passer during the game with a very impressive 94.6 per cent completion rate among his 56 passes.

I knew he had a very good game but that's a great stat.

I think Adam plays like he did for Blackpool the most important threat the go to guy. He plays for a different team its like Cesc goes to Barca thinking he the leader of the team. It doesn`t go well his shots from deep is not needed, last night he had a long run and his options were to run through :CONFUSE: he could of pass it much early making nearly impossible to defend. We know how well Bellamy does in open space and Suarez was available too!

As an Arsenal supporter I`ve seen Blackburn get a clear offside goal (Won too) and We got a goal that were deem offside that wasn`t it happens ALL the time. Sometimes 2 goals aren`t enough . Dempsey played well and seeing how he was the only player among players that ran towards the goal after Reina`s debacle Well deserved!

I think the most alarming thing is what Ryan pointed to in total goals 17 is just not good enough I wouldn`t blame Carroll solely on that. Carroll is English and will come good like most English do w/ age :P . Suarez needs to be fed more and Kuyrt needs to play more. Can`t throw in all the young players just because they have a good game . This lost means nothing 4th spot is still in reach still early days. Pts will drop for everyone ...

briankettle Not Brian Kettle
Spearing should learn to tackle like Lukaku. Then it would only have been a yellow and Henderson would have got it anyway.

I think people here (and i mean Evo-web, not specifically this thread) are being too harsh on refs.
The thoughest job on the field is the ref's job. I've done it a couple of times in youth football when there was no referee available, since then i always try to defend referees. Sometimes you see things hard to defend (not sending off Luiz or Lukaku for example recently), but all in all we always have the benefit of hindsightand of 63 slow motions from 47 different angles and sometimes computer models to see if a ball crossed the line or not.

I would invite all those people complaining about refs to give it a try...even at youth level.

I haven't seen yesterday's match, but i have the impression that most people forget to mention that Fulham actually are a very good team (just like Norwich). Sometimes i have the impression that big club fans (and not only Liverpool) take wins too much for granted. maybe this rubs off on the players?

Have patience with Liverpool, all they need is a decent CF IMO...this season will be a transitional one (and treat it like one) and next season the team (and Dalglish) can really be judged...

PS: sorry for not recognizing Spearing.
PPS: why not go for cup glory?

Isnt anyone concern that the games we wing are the games in which Benitez´s players play and not Dalglish ´s ? When Maxi (who cost almost nothing)and Kuyt play we a much better team than when we play with Downing and Mr Donkey.

to be honest what a pointless table.

I think you lack quality outwide in terms of a goal threat, you mentioned a lack of options. I disagree their's a lot of talent in that position

I know but I guess it shows that, as much as we keep saying how we're not creating chances, we're creating enough that we should be higher up if we were able to aim a few centimetres more accurately ;)

You're wrong: Downing, Kuyt, Maxi, Bellamy are all exceptionally good players...and if i'm not mistaken Henderson can also play outside...he's IMO one of the biggest talents in the EPL.

Apart from Man City, give me one EPL team that has as many options as Liverpool?
Spurs are very good with Lennon and Bale (although lots of people in here think they are average, just like Ashley Young is considered an average player) but they don't have a back-up...(well maybe they have, but IMO currently Spurs are Man City's biggest rivals).

to be honest Blackburn and Steve Kean would have the most to show from that situation but yeah means fuck all.

You're wrong: Downing, Kuyt, Maxi, Bellamy are all exceptionally good players...and if i'm not mistaken Henderson can also play outside...he's IMO one of the biggest talents in the EPL.

Apart from Man City, give me one EPL team that has as many options as Liverpool?
Spurs are very good with Lennon and Bale (although lots of people in here think they are average, just like Ashley Young is considered an average player) but they don't have a back-up...(well maybe they have, but IMO currently Spurs are Man City's biggest rivals).

Well I guess we disagree to be honest, I don't particularly think Young is that great (he's good in a meh sort of way) but he's exactly what Liverpool could have done with, Lennon is a similar level to Young and now the Bale hype has died down (and he's got better) he's developing into a top winger.

I see a lot of average players in that list Gerd, just a lot of £ doesn't equal that it's a good player.

Funny how he doesnt post after beating Man City

Making up results as well now! You really are deluded!

:APPLAUD:

DagsJT said:
With 23 points after 14 games we would have been only 5 points behind the Premiership leader (Chelsea) last year

The league isn't won in December. You're as bad as the deluded folk at that cult Liverpool fans website RAWK :LOL:

Next you'll be arguing with Misfit that everything is ok because "Reina has won the Golden Glove." Yet another accolade for modern day Liverpool FC.

Christ talk about desperate. Shankly and Paisley will be turning in their graves.

Last edited:

I think like most English football fans you have too high standards. I sometimes have the impression that English fans only want very flashy players like Ronaldo, Messi and others...

Nowadays only Man City can afford them...

Regarding the comment on Bellamy not rolling around on the floor
when Dempsey was in his face...

I dont think Liverpool players are the most honest themselves.

vs Everton...We had Suarez screaming in agony when Rodwell got the ball first and then the player....and Rodwell got straight red...

now same thing happens to Spearing...

When Balotelli got sent off....Lucas, Skrtel and Adam were surrounding
the referee asking to get him sent off.....very unsporting unbehavior
as Mancini later on said.

So if Bellamy did not make a meal of it...then good for him.
But not all LFC players are honest....and that applies for all teams.

So it goes both ways...sometimes we get favorable decisions
sometimes we don't...

Referees are inconsistent...but they are human and make mistakes..
it's not easy...in this day and age of super-slow replays....
every small mistake gets highlighted...

And the refs keep getting orders to clamp down on dangerous looking tackles
that can break players' legs......so they have to follow the mandates..
what if Dembele broke his ankle and is out for 6 months....will a yellow
card suffice ?....

Kenny's constant whining about referee decisions is inconsistent itself..
we also get favorable decisions....over the course of the season
and over many seasons these things even out themselves.

I don't want to blame referee inconsistency for where we are in the table..
these things even themselves out....
We are not helping ourselves by bad player selection and questionable transfers....

I think like most English football fans you have too high standards. I sometimes have the impression that English fans only want very flashy players like Ronaldo, Messi and others...

Nowadays only Man City can afford them...

No that's not true. Although the football world have been laughing at the Scousers for ages now.

Every summer = IT'S ON!

By the winter = OH WELL NEXT SEASON WE'll BE CHAMPIONS! YNWA, COME ON RED MEN! etc

:LOL:

Last edited:

As for Suarez - what a horrible, cheating, diving, moaning, scum bag. Anyone mentioned the finger he stuck up at Fulham fans yet?

Disgusting human being.

suarezg6ujn.gif

I understand that we're in a transitional period and I'm fine with that. But some fans clearly want us to batter every team and if we lose or draw, it's a disgrace and the manager should be sacked. Regardless of other teams drawing or getting beaten by the same team, we're expected to go and win the league immediately by some.

I still believe we'll get into Europe, and have a more than decent chance of Champions League.

Back
Top Bottom