Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

Or stating the obvious that Utd, City and Spurs are better. Thanks Gerd, informative. Not sure who in here ever stated something else (atleast not the balanced posters). Or accusing us of not highlighting poor decisions going in favour of Liverpool. I was actually going to post about the Rodwell red card in my post but got sidetracked with the others...

Anyway, that stat is worrying, atleast the team had/have? the best defensive record in the league.

And can someone show the 4 year old the door? You know, the one with the appropriate name....talking bollocks and all. :)

Last edited:

I'll give the advice that I tried to give United fans after the Newcastle match - if your team plays well enough, the referee won't be able to determine the outcome.

We had chances to win that match and didn't take them. Just have to move on.

More worrying for Pool is the Opta stat - you've only scored 17 goals in 14 games. That's pretty terrible given your attacking options (and spend).

That is a poor stat and just goes as further evidence that Suarez isn't getting the support we need. Or even a player to play ahead of him. The more I think of it, maybe Anelka would be a good short term signing next month.

Kuyt = Average

Downing = Average

Carroll = Big pony tail / average

Henderson = Average

Skrtel = Average

Adam = Fat (and average)

JenChang88 Jen Chang
Think LFC need a striker in Jan. Carroll may/may not become top-class one day, but LFC can't afford to sit around waiting for it to happen.

Pretty much. Carroll has potential but he's not offering too much right now and we need some killer instinct up in attack.

Kuyt = Average

Downing = Average

Carroll = Big pony tail / average

Henderson = Average

Skrtel = Average

Adam = Fat (and average)

i would tell you what i think is average or bellow average...but i rather spare words

Anelka would definitely improve your attack, no doubt. He's much, MUCH better as a wide attacking player than Kuyt. He actually has decent vision too, coudl see him linking up well with Suarez.

Would more or less mean abandoning the Carroll project though.

The real question is how you're going to get into the CL. Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, United and City all look to be better teams at the moment, and even though they have european distractions, it's going to be a real ask for Pool.

Makes you wonder just what happened to this squad. It was only 2 years ago the league title looked certain. Alonso moved on, and Torres stuttered - but lots of players are still there.

Anelka would definitely improve your attack, no doubt. He's much, MUCH better as a wide attacking player than Kuyt. He actually has decent vision too, coudl see him linking up well with Suarez.

The real question is how you're going to get into the CL. Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, United and City all look to be better teams at the moment, and even though they have european distractions, it's going to be a real ask for Pool.

Makes you wonder just what happened to this squad. It was only 2 years ago the league title looked certain. Alonso moved on, and Torres stuttered - but lots of players are still there.

Only defensively really, our midfield and forward lines are very different now.

Reina, Kuyt, Skrtel, Carra and Stevie are what´s left of that squad.

Mascharano, Arbeloa, Benayoun, Alonso, Torres, Babel are gone, that´s big lost even more so becouse Stevie is injured, Carra older and Aurelio is basicly not playing anymore..

Agger was injured that season (at that time injured)

redagc.jpg

Clear red, naughty boy.

...and then you move your head on the side referee and realise you got your fair goal dissalowed

So was the ref at fault for Liverpool dropping points against the mighty Norwich, the mighty Swansea and the mighty Sunderland ALL AT HOME?

The squad has been whittled down around the edges since 2008-9.

Hyppia, Riera, Benayoun, Arbeola, Mascherano have all left (as well as the obvious Torres and Xabi Alonso) all of those players made significant contributions in that season when Liverpool were only a few points off winning it.

Also there were other bit-part players, Babel, Dossena/Insua, Keane who didn't do a massive amount that year, but still chipped in with vital goals on occasions (e.g. Keane scored winners vs West Brom and Bolton and an equaliser at Arsenal, Dossena scored the last goal in the win at Old Trafford, Babel scored the winner at home to Man U.)

I don't think the squad is quite as strong as it was back then, I think some of the new signings have the potential to be strong, but there not really getting enough time to adapt as the lack of depth in the squad (in key positions) means everyone has to hit the ground running.

Also I think the red card tonight, although harsh, could be justified as Spearing did leave the ground with both feet. It's probably down to lack of experince, to be honest he was a bit abandoned by the formation, no other midfielders were attempting to trck Fulhams players, he had to marshall the area in front of his defenders all on his own, I think the pressure was a bit too much for him.

I agree that Bellamy's yellow card was bizzare to say the least.

The squad has been whittled down around the edges since 2008-9.

Hyppia, Riera, Benayoun, Arbeola, Mascherano have all left (as well as the obvious Torres and Xabi Alonso) all of those players made significant contributions in that season when Liverpool were only a few points off winning it.

Also there were other bit-part players, Babel, Dossena/Insua, Keane who didn't do a massive amount that year, but still chipped in with vital goals on occasions (e.g. Keane scored winners vs West Brom and Bolton and an equaliser at Arsenal, Dossena scored the last goal in the win at Old Trafford, Babel scored the winner at home to Man U.)

I don't think the squad is quite as strong as it was back then, I think some of the new signings have the potential to be strong, but there not really getting enough time to adapt as the lack of depth in the squad (in key positions) means everyone has to hit the ground running.

and the simple fact is that Dalglish is a dinosaur and uses dinosaur tactics.

He's clearly out of his depth. He was out of the game for too long and think it's 1995 all over again. It's not. And Liverpool are now paying the price for employing yet another poor manager.

Well I think out of his depth is a bit too strong. The trouble is Liverpool are still missing Alonso. Alonso was a superb player, the sort of player you see at a club once in a generation, at that time (2008-9) he was arguably the best passer of a ball in the league. He made the team tick and the whole system worked very well around him, take him away and the team always looks a bit disjointed, that coupled with a general weakening in other areas means it's a battle for Liverpool to make the CL, instead of it being a battle to win the actual league.

We just cannot afford to keep playing Carroll.

it was a mistake signing him......even Emile Heskey was a more
effective player....

Why on earth did we have to spend the 35m in January....it's not like
Carroll made a huge difference to the 2nd half of last season..
he was injured ...so why the hurry....
we also had David Ngog who was scoring goals...as a backup with Kuyt..
We should have taken the money from Chelsea for Torres....
and waited till the summer...and gone for a more technical player.

Dalglish is not the type of manager who is going to cut his losses...
he will keep giving Carroll all the time....but the fact is that he
is not suited to the rest of the team....
but the fact that Carroll is on the bench most of the time...means that Dalglish
already acknowledges that it was a mistake...

Rafa sold Robbie Keane in 6 months when he realized it was not working....
well atleast Keane was a better player...he was more effective than Carroll...

But can't see that happening to Carroll...due to our new policy of paying for young players..
So he will stay here....till the team adapts...or will be loaned out.

Maxi should have started on the left, Bellamy on the right...
Suarez up in the middle....Adam and Spearing patrolling the middle
and Henderson just off Suarez...

Forget about top 4.....it's not going to happen.
The best hope we have is Carling Cup....but first we have to beat City
over 2 legs....which is going to be very difficult.

Last edited:

again,the blinkered,daglish cult uber fans are blaming everything else but him on a defeat.maybe the refree was the one who bought us a donkey.and played a overpriced,over hyped "English most talented" over a reliable dutch who scores us goals over the years or an argie whos been pretty scoring every time he's played for dalglish.not a red?youre havin a laugh!

Jay-Spearing-Sent-Off-Liverpool-Premier-Leagu_2687324.jpg

It's the angle mate, I saw the highlight and his front foot didn't catch him but the rest of him did. And he did get all ball, and was aiming at the ball. although Dumbel was unlucky to be there.

Last edited:

It's the angle mate, I saw the highlight and his front foot didn't catch him but the rest of him did. And he did get all ball, and was aiming at the ball. although Dumbel was unlucky to be there.

scousemidget3c76v.gif

really mate?

We just cannot afford to keep playing Carroll.

it was a mistake signing him......even Emile Heskey was a more
effective player....

Why on earth did we have to spend the 35m in January....it's not like
Carroll made a huge difference to the 2nd half of last season..
he was injured ...so why the hurry....
we also had David Ngog who was scoring goals...as a backup with Kuyt..
We should have taken the money from Chelsea for Torres....
and waited till the summer...and gone for a more technical player.

Dalglish is not the type of manager who is going to cut his losses...
he will keep giving Carroll all the time....but the fact is that he
is not suited to the rest of the team....
but the fact that Carroll is on the bench most of the time...means that Dalglish
already acknowledges that it was a mistake...

Rafa sold Robbie Keane in 6 months when he realized it was not working....
well atleast Keane was a better player...he was more effective than Carroll...

But can't see that happening to Carroll...due to our new policy of paying for young players..
So he will stay here....till the team adapts...or will be loaned out.

Maxi should have started on the left, Bellamy on the right...
Suarez up in the middle....Adam and Spearing patrolling the middle
and Henderson just off Suarez...

Forget about top 4.....it's not going to happen.
The best hope we have is Carling Cup....but first we have to beat City
over 2 legs....which is going to be very difficult.

shhhh!how dare you say that on a public liverpool forum!PIPA and dags(cult members) might just put you on ignore list*gasps*

Wow, that's WAY worse than what I saw live. Credit to the ref, he's got that spot on.

Unintentional or not, that is almost a picture perfect definition of a dangerous, out of control act on the pitch and has to be a red. I can't believe Pool are considering appealing that!!

I thought a yellow would have been harsh yesterday but yeah he clearly caught the leg dangerously.

And you can't blame the ref for the onside goal. It was SO close. Looks easy to judge on the image Pipa posted with the yellow line but if Suarez's other leg was 1mm closer it would have been a legit offside. It was too close. Awesome goal it would have been though.

Great game anyway. One of the best I've seen in the PL this season.

As much as i love Bellamy...that is a red card. It is a potential dangeous tackle. You can break an opponent's leg like that.

Back
Top Bottom