Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

That is bad luck for both Liverpool and Lucas...
M'Vila is much better than Cattermole Liverbird...you really are very, very pessimistic.
Who do you see as a good replacement?
The ideal replacement would be M´Villa, but considering the kind of buys we have been making since the arrival of Dalglish, I would be extremely surprised if we brought him. We are probably going to rule him out because he has no "Premier League experience" and go for someone mediocre british player like Cattermole.

Last edited:

Sissoko.jpg

To be fair, Pool still have Henderson, Adam, Shelvey, Spearing, Gerrard and probably a couple others. They're reasonably well stocked in that department imo.

(as a United fan I'm certainly jealous)

Well I hope we don't make a panic buy...

That may be the reason we got Shelvey back as general cover
for midfield...in case someone else gets injured.

I think Spearing can play at defensive midfield.
That would be the safe bet since he has already played for
us in midfield....

sorry to read the bad news abt Lucas, hope he has a miracle recovery. This Liverpool is taking points from everybody instead of giving points. Chin up .... win the cup for Lucas!!!

Problem with buying someone is that in my view it´s not a replacement but a back up..

Arevalo Rios would be fantastic for untill rest of season loan with option to buy..

but untill then i see Spearing and Henderson bussy in midfield...

i supose we play like this untill the transfer window opens:

------------- SPEARING --------------

HENDERSON ---------------------- ADAM

Guys if you think we will buy M´Vila, you aren't even close to reality.
Dalglish would normally go for an experienced, overrated British player.
If that wasn't the case then my picks would be:
1.C.Tiote
2.Y.M'Vila
3.N.De Jong
4.Sandro
5.S.Parker

Lucas will be out a full 9 months minimum.

I've personally just recovered from anterior cruciate ligament snap and I can tell you it's a long, painful road.

Snapped mine playing 5 a side back in October of last year. Had my op on April 4th and just started training again.

Sportsman or not, the bone takes 9 months to fuse over the new ligament.

Time for Henderson to step up. No panic buy needed imo...

Yeah, either ACL or MCL is truly a terrible injury for an athlete. And can happen pretty much without warning. Grumble.

Hopefully Lucas will come back. It's a great testament to Liverpool fans that he's now revered after 2 years ago. Most teams would have given up imo.

Yeah, either ACL or MCL is truly a terrible injury for an athlete. And can happen pretty much without warning. Grumble.

Hopefully Lucas will come back. It's a great testament to Liverpool fans that he's now revered after 2 years ago. Most teams would have given up imo.

Agreed....just when Liverpool fans and media were singing his praises
he gets injured.....now he is being missed sorely....

I seriously doubt a top 4 place for us........he was our midfield cog....the guy
who made things tick....like clockwork.....now let's see....

It shows how much Lucas has come along......

Hopefully Carling Cup or FA cup is our only chance...

I read many opinions for this Tiote but I really never saw him playing ? any good player ? what can be his valute ?

also when Gerrard will return anyone know any date ?

Tioté is very good, but he has a poor disciplinary record (many cards).
But IMO Henderson can replace Lucas, i'm not saying he's already that good, but he can replace him...

But IMO Henderson can replace Lucas, i'm not saying he's already that good, but he can replace him...

I'd agree with that. I don't think we'll make a big midfield signing in January but we might get someone in on loan as cover.

In saying that, if Spearing doesn't get his chance now then when is he going to? He's just signed a new contract so Kenny clears sees something in him and he's not really a youngster now.

Yeah I think Spearing will get his chance now. Like you said, if not now then when? It's now or never for him and I think between him, Hendo, Adam, even Shelvy who's been called back, they can cope. Lucas will definitely be missed though. But LFC does have some depth there at least, that's why it's good to have a decent 'squad' of players.

As for Tiote, he's VERY good! He's be automatic 1st choice. And yeah like Gerd said, some discipline problems but nothing too serious in my opinion and something he can and will fix over the next few years. But I don't think LFC will go for him at this time anyway, not unless another big injury happens.

Spearing is the perfect replacement for Lucas....
it is his chance to grow as a LFC player..

Henderson is not the right replacement for Lucas...
since he is not defensively very strong...

But he also will have a great chance since Gerrard is out...

A midfield trio of Spearing (dm)....Adam (cm)...Henderson (cm)
with some freedom given to Henderson/Adam has potential...

But we need to have Bellamy start every game....drop Kuyt for now..
Maxi also needs more games....he has a much better eye for goal
and gets into great positions all the time...

Shelvey wasn´t recalled for fun either..it´s mostly Spearing as DM with Henderson, Adam and Shelvey fighting for the two CM places..

i don´t think we play with two man in midfield without Lucas..we won´t survive without him in 442..we might try with Henderson and Adam..but i think it won´t work

We were linked with making a move for Huddlestone last month
so don't be suprised if he is a top target come january.

I'd make a cheeky bid for De Jong no chance City will let him
go to a rival.

Shame Van Bommel is not available for this window would have
made an excellent short term option.

we will know a possible replace at start of the window already..we don´t have the time IF WE WANT TO BUY a new DM, to wait untill end of january...we have 3 matches agaist City in february..

Personaly i don´t think we buy anyone if Spearing - Henderson and Adam will work good in midfield..

i somehow have faith in Spearing..he did play very good everytime he started..

Yep, he's been asked to step in a few times over the last year. One match in particular he was outstanding and easily the MOTM. I think he'll do a good job for us.

Yep, he's been asked to step in a few times over the last year. One match in particular he was outstanding and easily the MOTM. I think he'll do a good job for us.

I think to , so he'll have hes time untill january if he does good then no needet to buy anyone if not then we have to look for new player

its ur time spearing show us what u can do :D

I think the only problem is the rest of the central midfielders are a bit similar in style.

If I was Kenny, I'd put in a cheeky bid for Lassana Diarra, probably would be able to get him on loan until the end of the season.

Rumours of Anelka to LFC for £4m....I would

why we need a totaly spend player ? I think is better to go for one other player more young than him , Higuain would be great or even Tevez (this one just if we can get cheap :P)

Anelka would be great short term solution striker, he playes very good everytime he playes actually, not to much since AVB came in though..

Not sure if he would come to play for us again

why we need a totaly spend player ? I think is better to go for one other player more young than him , Higuain would be great or even Tevez (this one just if we can get cheap :P)

£4m for an experienced striker to last us 1-2 years seems like a good deal to me.

I doubt he'll join us, but if he did I would welcome it.

I prefer Anelka above Tevez...Tevez = trouble.

Tevez has become trouble because he wants to be closer to South America. Liverpool is about 35 miles closer to South America than Manchester, so that should shave about 30 minutes off the journey time. He should be happy with that and become the model professional.

I thought Anelka was being allowed to leave for free? I'm sure I read that somewhere. I'd be happy if we got him for free, a very good player. Wouldn't pay £4m though.

I think he is free in the summer, but they will try to sell him in jan. Not really sure tbh, already have Bellamy for a similar role and wouldn't expect him to be ahead of either Carroll or Suarez for the role as starter.

Back
Top Bottom